Male HQ

All About Gym & Gym Memberships In Sg & Which Gym To Join? (Compiled)

maledae

without a doubt i think fitness first has one of the better facilities and equipment in town. but those are just hardware, the software, which i feel is even more important, is seriously lacking, i have been a member since 2005, they have never once made me felt wanted nor appreciated.

I used to pay S$138+GST when I first joined. Their membership consultant pestered me for referrals, which i gave reluctantly, and on condition that my name is not to be mentioned. But it was not the case and i got an earful from 10 angry friends.

Then I converted my membership to a corporate one as my company was approached by them and they extended a slightly reduced corporate rate of S$123+GST which i am currently enjoying. I had to approach them an identify myself as an employee of the company to enjoy this rate. Never mind, i saved $15 a month.

Recently, a few of my colleagues signed up and they enjoyed the same rate, but were given some freebies, ie, 3 free sessions of PTs, etc etc.. then a colleague's husband was solicited to join, but he wasnt keen as he is a safra member, immediately, he was offered a very special rate of $108 per month.. without even trying at all to negotiate.

Now, that sets me thinking, what is FITNESS FIRST doing for their loyal members who have been with them for a number of years? i have heard some companies were extended a very special rate of as low as $70 a month. I am paying double of that and there was not even once i felt appreciated. No birthday month specials, no nothing! I am not an unhappy customer, but I feel I have been taken for granted. 4 years is not a long time, but i think i have spent at least $5000 on membership fees alone, as well as 2 sessions of PT training. isnt that something that is to be looked at?

So today, i went to one of the gyms, and terminated my membership. Without questions asked, the counter staff filled a termination request form, then asked me to sign, and i was sent to the door. But not before informing me that termination requires at least 30 days notice and i have to pay for the following month's subscription and the member will officially end on 30 November... aaah... it is at least 30 days, on calender month... when i questioned why is it not based on 30 days from the date of request, the answer was: When you sign the agreement, it is stated as one of the terms and conditions........" I rest my case, refusing to hear anymore, and walked out.

And this is a city which will open 2 integrated resorts next year? with service standards like this, i cannot imagine how will the city fare against other neighbouring destinations....

Would you like to come over to TF for "Truly Fun" work-out :D I pay $62/mth for 3 years.

Guest hornygymmer

hey there.. i just signed up for TF.. i'll be working out at vivo and pp..

any chance you are working out at one of these 2 branches? =D

frankly all these FF, Planet and cali all the same lah, you just need to bargain with them like hell and never give in to their first , second offer

when i first when to cali like 5 years ago

i told them look

i want that life membership one, can be use world wide and any time, what is the best price u can give me

they quote me like 4k , 3k and i bargain at 2500$

pay by credit card 2 yr instalment at only 104$

now its totally free usage after 2 yrs and i just renew my card at 8$ annually

but sian so many oversea branches close now!

• 4 weeks later...

I was just persuaded and signed some sessions for PT in Cali this eve :(

A cute PT approached me to give some tips, I knew what he intended to do but just want to be nice with him so let him talk talk ... then he brought me into reception and another Sale guy cum in.

I said NO, I am not interested, NO money blah blah ... but the Sale guy kept tok tok ... WTF he tok I did not remember much. I just wanted to get out of it but the PT was so nice to me so I did not know how to behave + (also want to have some sessions with him :P). Then finally signed for 8 sessions :swear:

I hate the Sale guy very much the way he tried to insist customer to sign.

He can do that way one time, then customers are not happy with what they paid ... then in the end, they never go back :swear:

I hope I can finish these 8 sessions soon so I can train myself more relax way :D

Now I feel so painful after 1st free session :wacko:

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

I was just persuaded and signed some sessions for PT in Cali this eve :(

A cute PT approached me to give some tips, I knew what he intended to do but just want to be nice with him so let him talk talk ... then he brought me into reception and another Sale guy cum in.

I said NO, I am not interested, NO money blah blah ... but the Sale guy kept tok tok ... WTF he tok I did not remember much. I just wanted to get out of it but the PT was so nice to me so I did not know how to behave + (also want to have some sessions with him :P). Then finally signed for 8 sessions :swear:

I hate the Sale guy very much the way he tried to insist customer to sign.

He can do that way one time, then customers are not happy with what they paid ... then in the end, they never go back :swear:

I hope I can finish these 8 sessions soon so I can train myself more relax way :D

Now I feel so painful after 1st free session :wacko:

castaway, how much you paid for 8 sessions?

Orchard Cali? whose your PT?

why feel so painful after 1st free session ?

I paid around 496 $ for 8 sessions, yes, it is in Cali Orchard.

I've never trained myself so hard like the way he asked me to do ... so now I cant move my hands and legs, almost want to faint when going home. :wacko: ... luckily after having dinner, I feel better.

I hope he wont ask me to buy Vitamins later :swear:

look at the bright side la, once you pay you will put in effort & maybe you will see the result fast?

tell yourself & believe your $ worth it :lol:

what for he ask you to buy Vitamins? are your refer supplement?

so you plan to have PT lesson once every week?

remember what he taught you, ask as many Q as possible,

then apply when you workout alone, don't depends on PT too much ok?

with cute PT you can workout with joy too :P

Edited by snowball

Yes, it is considered cheap if you are willing and happy to buy it, NOT someone "rape" your pocket to do it :wacko:

haha, so you fell into the "handsome man trap".........thats how they earn their commission. :o

So make sure you really squeeze (not physically please) the PT very very hard for all your money's worth. :P

But on the bright side, think of the 6 pacs and bulging pecs & biceps you'll be getting soon and how hot you'll be at the spa :D

I've never trained myself so hard like the way he asked me to do ... so now I cant move my hands and legs, almost want to faint when going home. :wacko: ... luckily after having dinner, I feel better.

yup ! It's pretty tough when you signed up for PT. :lol: Maybe you can take this opportunity to "molest" your PT. Example like when he is helping you with the stretching exercise try to hug him lor. Certain exercise where u lose balance and grab him lor :whistle: Took the chance to squeeze his chest or bicep :rolleyes:

I took up PT 3 years ago at Cali Bugis. It's really tough. My trainer was a normal looking straight guy by the name of Ken. He is no more with Cali now. His leg training programme on me was so tough that I almost passed out. I didn't took advantage of him as he is not my type. I still remembered that everytime I did the horizontal bench press for my chest muscle. He would stand between my head with his legs wide open to do the support of the bar and help me with the balancing. As he is a short guy, whenever he did that, his cock and balls was just above my head. I can even smell his manhood. Ha ha ... :yuk: I do not know whether he did it on purpose. He treated me like a brother and even introduce his GF to me while we had dinner at the food court. :rolleyes:

Pardon me for saying this. But I feel that when working out, I need to keep very focus. E.g. When doing bench press, I will focus on the muscule I wanna workout and control my strength and posture. If so, how will you have time to have dirty thoughts with the PT. The only intention of getting a PT for me is he needs to watch my form, point out my mistake. So I will expect the PT to be knowledgable and very focus and paid 100% attention (at during that 60 mins). But sad to say, most PT that I have seen in the gym are always not focus. For AJ PT, they are always checking out other gymers or cuties. For str8 PT, they are also checking out but either for babe or for potential customers. Sigh! I mean I dun blame them but they are paid, shouldn't they be doing their job. At least they have a reputation to maintain. If a PT is good, his reputation will be spread thru words of mouth. Dun need to pull/fish customers.

I was just "sold" to a new PT, so fukced up, even before my 1st session starts. :angry:

I have learnt my lesson, NO MORE POLITENESS to those assholes, especially Sales in Cali Orchard :swear:

Now, I know why those PTs have time "check out" other gals/guys because when working out, I really need to focus on what I am doing, no time and no energy to look at my PT, it is so so tired.

Remember when the PT asked me to touch to his chest and arms (b4 I signed) then I said I dont like it :)) ... he was very surprised :clap:

strange, does it happen often, anyone can confirm? castaway, did you ask the reason?

1st time new PT called me, I told him I already have engaged to another PT but 2nd time he called me he said the other PT is not available that day so he will be THE ONE for me. Lets see.

I knew this is just trick and normal cheating/trap, the reason I did not want to argue through phone because in the end, if I got back my PT :P then he will think I need him :yuk: and these sessions will be no more useful but drama :swear:

strange, does it happen often, anyone can confirm? castaway, did you ask the reason?

two months ago,

i have a friend who signed up the PT lessons in ord cali with a PT whom my friend likes as the free trail was

conducted by this PT. after signing up, my friend received a call informing that his PT has changed to

another New PT (i mean a fresh new PT who does not have many students) before the start of the 1st lesson :angry:

Edited by tampguy

1st time new PT called me, I told him I already have engaged to another PT but 2nd time he called me he said the other PT is not available that day so he will be THE ONE for me. Lets see.

I knew this is just trick and normal cheating/trap, the reason I did not want to argue through phone because in the end, if I got back my PT :P then he will think I need him :yuk: and these sessions will be no more useful but drama :swear:

Gee, so its really a "handsome man trap"!!!

Didn't know they actually use such lowly underhand tactics to sign people up! :yuk: :yuk:

So, looks like this cute PT's job is only to chat members and "entice" them to sign up, he should be very busy then and have no time to train anyone.

But anyway, hopefully this new PT is efficient enough to help you achieve your goal. (minus the eye candy part :( )

Does PT really works?

I've been trying to gym for like freakin 4 yrs and I'm still the same PAT PAT PAT PAT PAT!

I gym at Safra TPY.

Sigh!

Actually, having a PT to guide does work, as least for some friends I know.

When you train alone, you may tend to :

1. do it wrongly - wrong methods etc

2. not intensive enough, not enough reps, irregular training

3. work on wrong muscle group

4. too long intervals between sets, spend more time chatting/cruising than training

5. lack discipline

6. poor diet - did not eat well or enough essential food

So, if you see no results, it could be due to some or all of above. :lol:

Tell the PT what you intend to achieve and he'll work out a programme for you to follow.

The PT then will pace you and push you to complete the whole cycle and also check your progress.

Actually, having a PT to guide does work...

lucwind78, if you happen to gym ( workout ) for years yet not much different before & after, think is time to have PT to guide you, most reasons cock brand did mention above.

you need to use your eyes & ears, listen to what PT say & watch carefully during his demo, workout need to use your heart too, 3X workout per week at least, you can't depends all on PT, don't think just 1 or 2X PT lesson(s) a week you can have result :)

Edited by snowball

Gee, so its really a "handsome man trap"!!!

As mentioned many times before, there is no handsome PT in Cali Orchard ;), that guy is only cute :rolleyes: ... if he is handsome, I dont mind to sign lifetime sessions with him :lol:

Today is my 1st session, my PT is totally straight :wacko: , muscle or beefy type, spend 10-15 mins just for scheduling next session, talk alot of signing more sessions :swear: but last 10 mins, he gave me good stretching/body massage :rolleyes: .

But after 1st session, I almost can not bath myself, washing my hair is also difficuly :(

The advantage of having PT is that he keeps pushing you do ... do until you can't take it :twisted: . If I do it by myself, I would stop before I feel tired :P .

Of coure I know having PT is good but paying such amount just to "push" me then I better learn how to control my mind :B), push myself to do it. Anyway, not everybody go to gym to have muscle :whistle: , sometimes just to keep yourself fit :thumb:

Edited by castaway

not everybody go to gym to have muscle

don't be too sure ok :lol: you may change your mind when times goes by esp now you having PT sessions,

just like last time you won't appreciate those muscular fit guys at all. castaway, did you go early & do

some cardio about 15 mins? good for you this way.

PT is there to guide, correct & push you, else what for need to pay them? :P you need to keep that type of spirit

even w/o PT around, do your own workout & apply it when alone, so you will get faster result, supplements helps if

you want in " bigger " size :)

muscle don't mean body builder built you know? :D

Edited by snowball

Thanks snowball for your advise, may be you are right, I will change my mind after some sessions ;) ... who knows :P

Yes, I did go early do some warm up and stretching by myself b4 "playing" with my PT ;)

I also know what is difference between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Hugh Jackman ;)

I prefer Atheltic body of football players :-)

Anyway, it is only my personal opinion, dont take it too serious, ok ? ;)

But the funny I found that different PT advise differently about the diet. :unsure:

lucwind78, if you happen to gym ( workout ) for years yet not much different before & after, think is time to have PT to guide you, most reasons cock brand did mention above.

you need to use your eyes & ears, listen to what PT say & watch carefully during his demo, workout need to use your heart too, 3X workout per week at least, you can't depends all on PT, don't think just 1 or 2X PT lesson(s) a week you can have result :)

I tink i'm a total mess.

Overweight and having hypertension.

I'm like in some total shitty life which I always hope to change and too lazy to change.

If PT really works I don't mind engaging them, and if anyone has contacts please lemme know.

I hope to be big and stocky ;)

not big and wobbly :(

I hope to improve my pathetic life.

Sad!

• 2 months later...

Recently, I just signed up 12 more TF PT sessions, cost S$1,020 @ S$85/session not inclusive of GST 7%.

Luckily, my PT is very professional. He always pays full attention to me while I working out. He corrects my posture everytime I get it wrong. He explains to me which muscle groups get trained for the work out. He also plans for my training.

I keep telling myself that I must work out hard as he has been serious to shape me. I do see some results lately e.g. get slim down, leaner and arms get bigger :thumb:

Recently, I just signed up 12 more TF PT sessions, cost S$1,020 @ S$85/session not inclusive of GST 7%.

Luckily, my PT is very professional. He always pays full attention to me while I working out. He corrects my posture everytime I get it wrong. He explains to me which muscle groups get trained for the work out. He also plans for my training.

I keep telling myself that I must work out hard as he has been serious to shape me. I do see some results lately e.g. get slim down, leaner and arms get bigger :thumb:

12 more sessions? so how many sessions u signed in total? i think its quite waste of $$ if no significant results shown...

FF rates are always above $100!! And recently rates are slightly higher reason being they have many added privileges (discounts at selected shops/boutique/eateries if you're a club member), events as well as being a loyal member.

Will be opening an outlet or 2 in the east though. Bargaining at FF would not work, seriously, as prices are all fixed (its a matter of choice of which plan you wanna take, i would advice taking a term membership, waaaayyy cheaper).

Their service compared to CF is better, you wont need to scream and shout and slam your IC at the counter (he he) if you have any problems. The club manager actually soothes and try to resolve ANY problems you might have.

Although i wouldnt say FF is perfect, but service and attitude wise, i guess its somewhere there. :)

Thanks snowball for your advise, may be you are right, I will change my mind after some sessions ;) ... who knows :P

Yes, I did go early do some warm up and stretching by myself b4 "playing" with my PT ;)

I also know what is difference between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Hugh Jackman ;)

I prefer Atheltic body of football players :-)

Anyway, it is only my personal opinion, dont take it too serious, ok ? ;)

But the funny I found that different PT advise differently about the diet. :unsure:

Better check their credentials...especially PT at Cali... Some r kopi licence one...last time I had one, tried to bullshit me.. Now I trained myself..and if they tried to sell me PT lessons, I will just tell them nice but firmly I am not interested and please leave me alone...don't wishy washy...they will go away...

12 more sessions? so how many sessions u signed in total? i think its quite waste of $$ if no significant results shown...

I feel am getting to pick up the body training skills and knowledge. Most importantly is get to learn the right posture of various work out and the right posture for work out with machines. Working out with wrong posture will likely get you injury e.g. back injury (most commonly see). I have many friends got back injury, and some are having permanent back injury. Also, working out with correct posture will get your muscle trained better and effectively. I have seen people working out hard in gym, but they don't get to train their body muscle effectively.

Previously I had 8 PT sessions and I took a slow start. Only at recent, I began to intesify my training.

Guest www.wellfit.com.sg

Anyone ever aware we have www.wellfit.com.sg was founded in 1997

so years already

Ever wrote them asking PT as thinking to do so, but some personal reason made me did not do it.

My TF membership gonna expire soon, CF really of my choice as tried their free trial, end up being chased hardly by the marketing.

TF I heard now oso increased drastic sgd 100/mth and I felt more and more lauzy on their maintainence many broken locker, not hot steamroom in VC, SC sauna door broken, etc etc.

Though heard my fren got extention of sgd 49/mth but for 3 months only may be that is the time the sales person desparate of target

FF way too high expensive if I seldom make it routine daily habit .......

This www.wellfit.com.sg in Novena, web look cool, and most of all if signed PT can get free membership for certain period ... safe money rite ...

1) 6 Months Ultimate Package & Weight Management Program

PLUS 1 year Membership FREE

2) 3 Months Total Package & Weight Management Program

PLUS 6 Months Membership FREE

3) One On One Personal Training

Minimum Sign Up of 10 Sessions

PLUS 2 Months Membership FREE

But how is the quality? they r there since 3 years ago shud be doing good otherwise shud be closing down already rite?

Better check their credentials...especially PT at Cali... Some r kopi licence one...last time I had one, tried to bullshit me.. Now I trained myself..and if they tried to sell me PT lessons, I will just tell them nice but firmly I am not interested and please leave me alone...don't wishy washy...they will go away...

After 8 PT sessions, I think I know how to do some machines properly and it shows very good result :) ... he keeps asking everytime we meet but now, no more ... :swear:

I can't understand why I got 1-2 kg more :wacko: after 8 sessions even I am very on diet food. haiza ...

Guest www.wellfit.com.sg

My goodness, reading your post makes my head spin. What language are you 'speaking' in?

Ok simple question any one know about Wellfit gym@novena?

www.wellfit.com.sg

Sign PT sessions free membership to use the gym ... Sound too good to be true, How is the quality?

Anyone here know or member there already? share pliz

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest ondeee

Hi good day to everyone! :)

Guess many of u out there r customers of different gyms.. (Cali, FF, TF..) jut wondering what r the differences among them? Wanna make an informed choice.. Ha.. Thanks :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.