Male HQ

All About Gym & Gym Memberships In Sg & Which Gym To Join? (Compiled)

maledae

Safra is cheaper and nice. Although equipments cant really compare to Cali and the rest in term of quantity and quality...but overall its good. At least most comes wif swimming pool lol...and also jaccuzzi and steam room. The price is really lower and also come wif personal trainer. Although safra doesnt comes wif class like PILATE etc but who needs those....

Boy..I sound like the marketing exec lol

Guest Guest

I wasted closed to 10K on gym membership for the past 10 yrs for silly things like brand, tiown location, syteam/sauna/jacuzzi. Now I walk to a public gym and pay S$2.50 per entry. Some of the guys are really cute. I wish I had done it earlier.

Guest Ironrod

just choose one that is more convenient for you, near your home or work place

Snowball is correct, convenience should be the priority, second would be the maintainence of the equipment.

If u don't mind rust dropping into your eyes and mouth while you lift then it's ok.

Most ppl says no difference but for me it does, a well maintain equipment makes makes your gymming safer.

Besides that all gym is the same, it depends on your invested time and effort in working out.

Guest Guest

hello! i'm also looking around for a gym membership

eh, actually went to enquire at E1!safra, since that's also what I was initially looking at

they're having a promo, whereby you sign up for 6 months you get 3 months free @ $323. (total 9months)

Thing is, I'm going overseas in Sept, so that leaves me with 5-ish months left.

And a 3 Month sub is like $250.

Not -that- cheap leh.

any other suggestions?

Saw an advert in bugis junction, that Cali membership is on promotion - about $52 per month.

Before I settled down with one, I tried out Cali, TF and FF. Eventually I settled down with TF because I find TF Suntec very impressive, spacious and has many cute guys / PT haha... :P

Suggest you go for the club you feel there is many cute guys, coz these cute guys will be your momentum to keep you going gym everyday after work haha.. :P

Guest Ironrod

Saw an advert in bugis junction, that Cali membership is on promotion - about $52 per month.

Before I settled down with one, I tried out Cali, TF and FF. Eventually I settled down with TF because I find TF Suntec very impressive, spacious and has many cute guys / PT haha... :P

Suggest you go for the club you feel there is many cute guys, coz these cute guys will be your momentum to keep you going gym everyday after work haha.. :P

Hey hey I am in TF Suntec *waves*

Guest alien

hello! i'm also looking around for a gym membership

eh, actually went to enquire at E1!safra, since that's also what I was initially looking at

they're having a promo, whereby you sign up for 6 months you get 3 months free @ $323. (total 9months)

Thing is, I'm going overseas in Sept, so that leaves me with 5-ish months left.

And a 3 Month sub is like $250.

Not -that- cheap leh.

any other suggestions?

$323 for 9 mths consider quite ok lah, tht's abt $35 per mth. Safra is nearer to most pple stay, so i think safra gym not a bad gym.

Guest alien

Snowball is correct, convenience should be the priority, second would be the maintainence of the equipment.

If u don't mind rust dropping into your eyes and mouth while you lift then it's ok.

Most ppl says no difference but for me it does, a well maintain equipment makes makes your gymming safer.

Besides that all gym is the same, it depends on your invested time and effort in working out.

Hardly will find gym equipment rusty until tht it will drop onto your mouth & eyer while u lift. If u go to Safra and SSC gym shld be ok. Their equipment quite well maintain and new.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iscool

I would to know which is the most affordable membership for gym? is it truefitness, California fitness or one fitness?? do share with me as i want to be a membership

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fitness First at amk hub got so happening?

i workout there regularly and did not realize any.

on the other hand i normally workout from 9am to 1pm, so there might not be any. there are more uncles and aunties using the gym during this period.

another time slot i workout is from 7pm to 10pm normally on sats and suns. again hardly any as there are less people around.

so actually i am just as curious as you are.

hopefully things get hot up with time :D :D

i workout there regularly and did not realize any.

on the other hand i normally workout from 9am to 1pm, so there might not be any. there are more uncles and aunties using the gym during this period.

another time slot i workout is from 7pm to 10pm normally on sats and suns. again hardly any as there are less people around.

so actually i am just as curious as you are.

hopefully things get hot up with time :D :D

hmm....i was there at 1pm...

I would to know which is the most affordable membership for gym? is it truefitness, California fitness or one fitness?? do share with me as i want to be a membership

I sign up with true fitness VIP gold card for 3 yrs plus three free personal trainer,monthly installment @$58.67 I think is reasonable price,for yr information location are vivo city, parkway parade,suntec city, china square, great world city so many branch to go gd choice lor.

:whistle:

I am with fitness first for it's location. The one nearest to me is 5 mins walk from home. the location is already a motivation for me to wake up at 6am for a quick workout and even make it to work on time at 8.30am, 2 to 3 times a week.

Not the cheapest, i am paying $125 per month with a 2 years contract. and it is a passport membership, i can use other FF gyms as well. FF OGS has been closed for august's weekends due to upgrading works, so i work out at paragon on weekends.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

To answer your queries, you just have to walk into the gym and ask about their package. :) For me, to join a gym, I have to be comfortable with the crowd that is using the gym. I am a slim build guy and when I enter a gym with all the bodybuilder figure, I normally would feel intimidated and become very self conscious and feel very uncomfortable. That is my experience when I enter Firness First at Paragon.

• 2 months later...
Guest Gas

It might be too late for me after put on so many weight over the years but really thinking to rejoin gym to get healthy other than eating right.

Really thinking which gym should I join, FF or Cali?

Kindly give me ur point of view.

FF for sure.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.