Male HQ

Where To Find The Best Bak Kuh Teh

The best BKT to me is the one at Circular Rd, just next to one 7. Song Fa BKT.

love their pork leg, always ask for the tendon part.

my must have is always a bowl of prime rib soup, a bowl of kidney soup and pig leg of course.

btw, the kidney soup tends to be rather bloody so if u afraid of that, request them to cook longer.

they just open another branch a few doors away, air cond I think.

Edited by junxiang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

there is a thread in this folder prolly page 2 or 3...

extensive discussion on where and why. threadstarter pls just browse there...

anyways, lots of stalls already mentioned in above posts... try all den say because different father... different tongue... we say nice you may not think so

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest-22

It has to be the one along Joo Chiat Road. It's Sin Heng Claypot Bak Kut Teh. =) Price is reasonable too. The only drawback is that there are too many people!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone knows of a good bah kut teh (dark version) that's close to town? Directions will be most helpful.

U probably heard of Song Fa BKT along New Bridge? The light types tho and not really my fav.

It does satisfy BKT craving if u r in town area - it's directly opp Central, can't miss it.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest IamPineapple

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (opposite the central). The soup/broth is clear or white type. Quite tasty and the salted veg are nice too!

was gonna say that too... haha yep it's tasty :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

imo, 梁记 Leong Kee (Klang) BKT at the junction of Beach Rd and Sultan Gate.

Dark herbal kind of BKT - quite potent herbal taste. braised pork leg is also great.

The dish that seals the deal for me is the har cheong gai (prawn paste chicken). crispy, juicy and very fragrant. 

Damn shit, I wanted to post this but you did it before me! The dark soup is so good and you just need to freaking add a lot of garlic :D

New Soon Huat along Jalan Kaya has dried bak kut teh, which is just delicious - covered with black sauce and cooked with shreds of cuttlefish, and slices of ladies fingers with chilli.

Grown to like it so much that I don't eat their soup ones anymore. You can just ask them to give you a bowl of bak kut teh soup separately.

Also not to be missed, the claypot tao kee.

They have another branch along upper serangoon, close to Punggol Nasi Lemak, but I don't think that branch serves the dried bak kut teh though.

New Soon Huat along Jalan Kaya has dried bak kut teh, which is just delicious - covered with black sauce and cooked with shreds of cuttlefish, and slices of ladies fingers with chilli.

Grown to like it so much that I don't eat their soup ones anymore. You can just ask them to give you a bowl of bak kut teh soup separately.

Also not to be missed, the claypot tao kee.

They have another branch along upper serangoon, close to Punggol Nasi Lemak, but I don't think that branch serves the dried bak kut teh though.

Dried BKT sounds great.  Have not tried it before.  Anyone else knows of any other places which sells dried bak kut teh?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.