Male HQ

Gardening And Terrarium-Making

Guest Blaidd_Drwg

Guest Blaidd_Drwg

Guys! I wanna ask the green-thumbs if anyone have resources about gardening and where are the places I can get my supplies.

I am particularly interested in terrariums since they are easier to maintain. Thank you! :lol:

Guys! I wanna ask the green-thumbs if anyone have resources about gardening and where are the places I can get my supplies.

I am particularly interested in terrariums since they are easier to maintain. Thank you! :lol:

Terrariums can be obtained from literally anywhere that sells glassware. You can look for real unique ones. However, there are nurseries that sell nice glass containers too.

For the deco in the terrarium, you can try going to Daiso. They have a nice gardening collection there.

For the plants, can go to Hua Hng at Khatib. One of the best nurseries around.

Hope this helps. :)

Guest Blaidd_Drwg

Terrariums can be obtained from literally anywhere that sells glassware. You can look for real unique ones. However, there are nurseries that sell nice glass containers too.

For the deco in the terrarium, you can try going to Daiso. They have a nice gardening collection there.

For the plants, can go to Hua Hng at Khatib. One of the best nurseries around.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you very much! I'll go check them out in the next few days. Maybe we can try keeping this post alive to bring together all green-thumbs and floral enthusiasts alike. :lol:

Hi,

you can get it at The Garden Shop @ Singapore Botanic Gardens located at The Visitor Centre.

They are selling the Terrarium Kit @ $29.90 Any enquiry can look for me, I work there :P

Rockstar planted terrarium too expensive, over pricing.

Haha. I never said buy from Rockstar. Just go and pick up some ideas on how to create your own terrarium.

They do have useful tips on the website on how to water and maintain a terrarium so that it will grow well.

Edited by starbright

Heal the Past, Live the Present, Dream the Future

You can go to this store at NEX@ serangoon. It is located next to the pet safari, selling lots of funny things (but i dun see many ppl buying). You can find many nice glass jars there. For plants, you may want to go to Far East Flora @ thomson road. There are many small n cheap plants for u to try on ur terrarium. you might want to keep a frog in ur terrarium too, haha

Guest Blaidd_Drwg

WOW WOW WOW! Thank you very much spectacular people!

Victor, I had to leave early. Had other stuff to do. I'll see you another time though, maybe next week. :lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest skien

Hi there, we have just set up our own terranium blogshop. We customize terrariums at a reasonable pricing too.

Visit us at hedgegarden.blogspot.com/ :)

Guest Green finger

Terrarium is something new to me and it sound like a good business idea too.

But for greeneries at home, I still prefer aquascaping and have seen many low tech tank yield very attractive results.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The joy and fun of having terrariums is to create it yourself!

I started of getting some nice and decent glassware from Ikea or Art Friend. If you prefer more pretty or unique glassware, sometimes I'll try EGG3 or maybe King and King Wong in NEX but they are more pricey though. I think I have seen some cactus or succulent soil selling in Daiso (not too sure) and also Ikea selling little pebbles too which is good for doing the top layering. Get those nice little pebbles or stones for your base layering then follow by soil which covers the plant or succulents or cacti root (personally I love succulent and cacti) then after that, layer with some nice coloured small pebble in your favorite glassware. 

You have a nice terrarium!

See more detailed instructions:

http://www.pennysdaybook.com/2010/01/diy-how-to-terrarium/

Guest alice in wonderland

I am particularly interested in terrariums since they are easier to maintain. Thank you! laugh.gif

This post sounds suspicious , it is so like somebody trying to garner business or direct traffic into developing an interest of building terrarium or portable gardens.

I wonder if the admins are doing their job , i thought that Gachi muchi always calim to want to warn people about soliciting

Guest Guest

This post sounds suspicious , it is so like somebody trying to garner business or direct traffic into developing an interest of building terrarium or portable gardens.

I wonder if the admins are doing their job , i thought that Gachi muchi always calim to want to warn people about soliciting

Isn't that the purpose of forums?? Furthermore, you're quoting an April 2011 post. That's 2 years ago!

• Guest locked this topic