Male HQ

Condom$ Price Differ A Lot

HendryTan

I advocate safe sex and will always carry a private supply of condoms in my bag when I goto meet people. Just in case I succumb to temptation :) . Better safe than sorry.

Most of the time I buy Durex Fetherlite (3) -condoms (Those in gold color box) at 7-11. It cost $3.20 there.

Last week, for some emergency reasons, I had to get it at a HDB convenient shop below the flat. It sold for $2.50. (Expiry date 5 years away - fresh stock)

That was a 22% price difference. It prompted me to checked out prices at other stores.

Shop n Save - $3.40 / box

Esso/Mobile - $3.30 / box

Seven Eleven - $3.20 / box

Guardian Pharmacy - $3.00 / box

NTUC Unity Pharmacy - $2.95 / box

A HDB Convenient store below flat - $2.50 / box

NTUC Fairprice - $2.14 / box

Wow NTUC Fairprice sells for 33% cheaper compared to Seven Eleven.

I guess you pay for that last minute convenience. It pay$ to shop around a bit.

Any convenient places with better prices ?

i knew about the price difference long time back. Henry is right NTUC is the cheapest alternatively can also go to Guardian Pharmacy or Tops. Not sure of the exact price but close to NTUC price. Err... may be should survey at GIANT also :P

there is no surprised that convenient stores like 7-11 and petrol stations tend to be more ex than supermarket.

that's due to the higher cost (OT pay for midnight shift) and smaller display area. Thus convenient stores tend to have only cater to limited well-established brands which is more ex than usual.

however i am surprised that shop-n-save is the most costly. thought that they will buy in bulk and be cheaper?

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

cheers selling for $3.38

price differ on the quality and brand. it comes in various thickness. some are thin and some are thick. for those who are kinky, better buy the thick durex if not have to put two layers . hee.... :D

Henry, its cheaper to buy the condom in family pack (12 in a box). cost abt 10 bucks from the shell petrol station.

always see it when i pay for my petrol.

Buy in bulk and then carry 1 or 2 out just in case loh.

hehe

i buy 4 box of 3 at ntuc for 4 x 2.14= $8.56

still cheaper than petrol station 10 bucks

ntuc cannot find family pack

• Guest locked this topic