Male HQ

Buffet Gathering by Haute Chocolate

haute chocolate

yeah yeah yeah, stop this <_<

anyway am thinking of a buffet dinner for anyone who is interested, probably towards the last week of february, so will post a new thread to inform you guys, hope to see u all there... need ur support lah :lol::lol::lol:

buffet? hhahhaha...i thought u on diet? :P

ummm guys,

have just checked the calendar, will have to be on the 3rd of march, a saturday, just thinking of getting a decent buffet place for dinner and people to get to mingle around more, im not too keen on organising games, or making it a very big event, just a simple gathering lah... stressed :blink::blink::blink:

any suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to let me know, i can go check out the prices and the restaurants as well.

will keep you all posted...

goodnight and sweet sweet dreams :oops:

We can have some lo hei too. :P Dinner with ktv facilities would be splendid. LOL

Btw dudes, just some clarifications. Both Nice and i don't fancy being in the limelight. :P

Haha.

But your 选择 always in the limelight leh. :D

"Do what you wanna do in life despite what others say, it's your life anyway."

This place called Banquet Food Court opposite Expose Karaoke at South Bridge Road is conducive for private conversation during non peak hours. I was there one saturday evening and hardly anybody there. There are many nooks and corners where no one disturbe you. Maybe can consider that one.

ummm guys,

have just checked the calendar, will have to be on the 3rd of march, a saturday, just thinking of getting a decent buffet place for dinner and people to get to mingle around more, 

Are you sure you want buffet? :D

For me, anything is ok.

hey guys,

i need more concrete suggestions, i know that banquet is rather quiet, but i feel that a proper restaurant will be a nice atmosphere for us, dun just think that its a bunch of gay guys, and dun worry too much about people around as, after all, we are just having dinner, i myself am looking at pariss restaurant at marina aquare... hope to get more sugeestions so that i can book a place by mid of feb...

thanks guys...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

hey guys,

i need more concrete suggestions, i know that banquet is rather quiet, but i feel that a proper restaurant will be a nice atmosphere for us, dun just think that its a bunch of gay guys, and dun worry too much about people around as, after all, we are just having dinner, i myself am looking at pariss restaurant at marina aquare... hope to get more sugeestions so that i can book a place by mid of feb...

thanks guys...

Crystal Jade? :D

yeah,

that sounds more proper, though we might have to end up with two tables, i think we can be comfortable in a chinese restaurant, as long as we do not get too rowdy...

its just simple get-together and im not changing the date so hope that that all will go well on the 3rd of march...

sorry that im not as competent as gachi when it comes to organising, just want to do do something to bring the members closer...

thanks mightymouse for the suggestion... :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

thanks guys,

really appreciate ur support, will keep track of any suggestions that members or guests make and hope to get about 10 to 20 persons at most, too many also very hard to move around after the dinner :D

so must quickly register now!???? first come first serve basis? hahahaha :D

Tung Luk Restaurant offers ala carte buffet at about $40 (if i am not wrong it includes all the +++). Can sing KTV some more.. LOL. But, i thought the dishes were pretty decent.

Another suggestion would be Vienna which is located at Novena Square. Around $40, food wise comparable to Pariss.

Just throwing up some suggestions for your consideration. :P

i believe cny period, most restaurants only will do set dinners, but got a few price range.

any small chinese restaurant with private rooms will be wonderful

e.g. paramount hotel chinese restaurant serves excellent food... (let's not tok price yet...)

or bendemeer's Lai Wah Restaurant is good too... 2 corner tables... quite cosy, and pricing is reasonable (under $30 per head)

just suggesting...

big budget can try hai tien lo... or lau di fang, or any of the tung luk group's hotel restaurants... sure good and for 2 tables can get private rooms leow... just the price...

Er....dun be so expensive lah.. I think can go for Japanese buffet. Mentioned in Sunday times. I think it economical, and it's buffet. Those can eat more eat more, got lots to choose from. I heard one of them is at Tampines Stadium or something. I think also got other location.

Can try those smaller resturants at China Town area. Used to have a gathering at one of them. The resturant belong to us for that period. No other people. Hahahhaha... .... :D

Those resturants/cafes which might able to cater to our special request had all closed down. Might due to long time no support them. Hehehehe... .... :P

If you need help, do let me know Chocolate.

I think the price should not be too high, some of us might be on tight budget. (That's me lah!) :whistle:

im interested in gachi's japanese buffet, gachi, can you recall the name?

the one that Gachi mentioned abt the japanese restarant is at tampines swimming pool below the tampines gym.

i did not know they serve buffet too. my family tried that restarants some time ago and the price is quite reasonable though it is not buffet.

it is quite crowded on weekend perhaps due to their economical price. i remembered the other time the promotion in this restaurant is sgd0.99 per plate for sushi (come in 2, 4 or 6 pcs depending on the size of sushi)

i heard their claypot rice is great too!

but perhaps the place is not as quiet as what you want.

haute chocolate, if you are interested to know the restaurant, i can get the name and contacts of this restaurant for you to get further details since it is near my place.

;)

if you want japanese buffet, there's one at ikoi (one of the hotels near robertson quay; can't remember the name offhand). decent sashimi.

or perhaps penang buffet? i think quite a few hotel cafes do those.

haute chocolate, perhaps it'd help if a budget is indicated? then can narrow the list down.

but frankly speaking, if you guys are thinking of organising a meetup at a restaurant it's going to be a bit restrictive in terms of how crazy we can behave; maybe someone can come up with a list of codewords for commonly-used aj terms so that we can talk normally without having to lower our voices hahaha...

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

If you want a cheap Japanese buffet can try the Sakura chain. Its the one at Safra Tampines but now expanded with a few branches at Toa Payoh Central (above KFC on 3rd floor), Clementi Woods (oppsite NUS), Orchard (next to California fitness), Marine Parade and at Pasir Ris Downtown East. Weekend lunch is $22 at all except $24 at Orchard (67358917)

Maybe can try Orchard. others too far. this is the link

http://www.sukigroup.com.sg/sakura.htm

Nihon Mura (日本村) @ Tampines (6260 8197) is not bad, tried it recently but it is rather far and inconveniently located.

All Sushi @99 cents. Really worth it, but the drinks are charged separately. Standard of food not too bad, very palatable and service is very decent.

That is the one I heard from friend that is having the long queue at Tampines.

Nihon Mura (日本村) @ Revenue House (6253 2469) which is opposite the Novea MRT has just opened. Although I have not tried Revenue House.

P/s : I don't work for them hor, just in case anyone misinterpret.

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I have to split the discussion into 2 as Haute Chocolate's decision to organise a buffet gathering warrant our support and should be separated from the earlier postings.

Thus by splitting this topic, it would be more visible for discussion.

Please support Haute Chocolate. :clap:

Gachi

BW Company's RSM (Resident Sadistic Master) :D

I would strongly suggest Nihon Mura at Revenue House for those who wants reasonably priced food in the central area. Was just there yesterday for V Day Dinner. It was not so pack at 7pm. But the crowd started coming and the queue was snaking just as I left at 8:30pm.

The place is very big with lots of seats and many selections of Japanese food. Much more than at Tampines. There are also a few special cornered sections separated from the main hall, where there will be some privacy. Another thing is that you can make reservations.

The only problem I foresee is that; it would be hard to split the bill as it is counted as one lump sum and not like Sakura where they charges ($25++) per person. So it will benefit those who can eat, if the bills is going to be divided equally.

gachi's suggestion sounds good

is it possible to make reservations at nihon mura, or is it a first-come-first serve place?

i think we can definitely work something out bill-wise; at most each person just pay attention to how much food one has eaten...

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

gachi's suggestion sounds good

is it possible to make reservations at nihon mura, or is it a first-come-first serve place?

i think we can definitely work something out bill-wise; at most each person just pay attention to how much food one has eaten...

Gachi already said can make reservations.

However the drawback is that it's Ala Carte and not buffet lor.

hi guys,

i think that sounds like the best idea so far, im not worried about the bill part, will wait for response and get the number of people interested before i book...

Those who are interested in the dinner please pm me and give me your contact as well, it will be on the 3rd of march

at Nihon Mura Revenue house.

Saturday

630pm...

please give me an answer by 25 feb so that i have enough time to make reservations

thanks for your support and suggestion!

Here is the Street directory for Revenue House.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel...avel_site=38207

For those who are not aware, there are local internet Street Directory available online. Please do make use of the directory to help you in your search.

hi to all,

thanks fried rice, was a silly mistake on my part, anyhow...

will sms u guys the FINALISED DETAILS by tuesday :)

there is no limit to the number of guys, currently there is a handful (not 30 lah) :P and there are no concrete plans as what to do, because it might not be convenient to move about in a big group after dinner, thus hope that people will not just eat and leave but interact and make new friends instead! :)

As to skylancer, please pm me if you are interested, then i will make reservations for you and please indicate ur number as well...

to all guys: sorry for not replying promptly, am sick and very tired after two following days of mini surgeries, am totally steeped in painkillers and antibiotics, hahahaha, all in all, im appreciative of the suggestions, the support and the response, its definitely better than anticipated...

u guys take care and see u soon!

chocolate