Male HQ

Being A Gay Christian

WhamBam

Christmas is a combination of two syllable word. Christ from Greek Christos : the Annoited One, referring to Jesus. Mas from Latin Mass : festival or celebration. Hence, Christmas means the celebration of Jesus Christ.

Christmas carol/hymn

O Come, O Come Emmanuel

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Dart

Sodomy and Sodom ( Part 1 )

The modern definition of Sodomy:

the sexual act of putting the penis into another person's anus ( Cambridge )

anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex ( Merriam-Webster )

However, the term Sodomy has been closely associated to anal copulation among men. It derives from the biblical text of the city Sodom and Gomorrah. This gives rise to the notion, pointing directly at homosexuality. Anti-gays use this passage of scripture to bash gays. It is one of the six clobber passages, the conventional churches use in their stand against homosexuality. But was the condemination of Sodom and Gomorrah due to homosexuality? 

The passage of scripture reads:

The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

“Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.” ( Genesis 19 : 1 - 13 )

Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. ( Genesis 19: 24 - 25 )

To be continued ....

Edited by Dart

Sodomy and Sodom ( Part 2 )

God could not have destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.

(1)  The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah (not concerning homosexuality) was prior to the incident.

Then the Lord said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know. (Genesis 18:20-21)

(2) In ancient times, same sex rape was a common tactic to display dominance and intimidation. They were carried out by straight men for the purpose to humilate their victims. This is opposed to a homosexual relationship based on love and consent between two men.

(3) If all the men of Sodom were homosexuals, the city would not be able to sustain its population.

(4) The scripture indicates that God destroyed everthing within the city.  That would include the women and children. Far be it from Him to destroy the innocent along with the wicked.

Then why were Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed?

This passage of scripture provides a clear answer:

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. (Ezekiel 16:49-50)

The people of Sodom were violent and xenophobic.

Merry Christmas 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Word of Encouragement to start off the New Year:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Prayer For Bobby is an outstanding televised docudrama based on an actual account of a devout Christian mother who plucks scriptures out of context and fights to "cure" her gay son. This leads to her son being depressed and he commits suicide. After the incident, she seeks to understand homosexuality for herself and eventually becomes an advocate for gay rights.

One member mentioned about this film so I thought of posting it here.

This Primetime Emmy award film runs for 1 hour 29 minutes, so sit back and watch till the end.

• 2 weeks later...

David and Jonathan ~ Were They Just Best of Friends? ( Part 1 )

The Bible holds David in high esteem. The distinguised King of Israel (C1010-970BCE) was an acclaimed warrior, musician and poet. David was a ruddy young shepherd when he met Jonathan, a courageous warrior and the eldest son of King Saul.

The straight mainstream churches present these two heroic figures as the best set of example of a platonic friendship.

A closer study on the scripture reveals some extreme words suggesting a more intimate relationship being relayed.

The bold words with commentaries on the original meaning:

After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself. (1 Samuel 18:1)

Became one in spirit = to tie, bind or intertwine.

And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. (1 Samuel 18:3)

Covenant = agreement, union or commitment.

e.g. The ring, a sign of covenant is exchanged between a man and a woman in a heterosexual marriage.

Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt. (1 Samuel 18:4)

For a warrior to surrender his armor and weapon is tantamount to surrendering his life, protection and most of all, his dignity. Do you do that to your best friend?

And Jonathan had David reaffirm his oath out of love for him, because he loved him as he loved himself*. (1 Samuel 20: 17)

*He loved him as his own soul.

After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground. Then they kissed each other and wept together—but David wept the most. Jonathan said to David, “Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord, saying, ‘The Lord is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.’” Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town. (1 Samuel 20:41-42 )

David and Jonathan were warriors, not commoners. Warriors in patriarchal society don't show affection by kissing each other in private!

I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother;  you were very dear to me.
Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women. (2 Samuel 1:26)

This is really mind-boggling! A platonic frienship is in no way to be compared to the love from women!

To be continued ....

Edited by Dart

David and Jonathan ~ Were They Just Best of Friends? ( Part 2 )

Saul’s anger flared up at Jonathan and he said to him, “You son of a perverse and rebellious woman! Don’t I know that you have sided with the son of Jesse (David) to your own shame and to the shame of the mother who bore you? (1 Samuel 20:30)

A familiar practice of blaming on the mother for bearing "handicapped" or "unnatural" child. What does this tell about how King Saul perceived Jonathan?

Jonathan died in battle. David ascended the throne and remembered the covenant made earlier with Jonathan:

David asked, “Is there anyone still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show kindness for Jonathan’s sake?” (2 Samuel 9:1)

Don’t be afraid,” David said to him (Mephibosheth), “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table.” (2 Samuel 9:7)

So Mephibosheth (Jonathan's son) ate at David’s table like one of the king’s sons. (2 Samuel 9:11)

David remembered the covenant made earlier with Jonathan:

Jonathan said to David, “Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord, saying, ‘The Lord is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.*’” Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town. (1 Samuel 20:42)

*between your seed and my seed.

If the interactions between David and Jonathan were to be displayed between a man and a woman, it certainly will be concluded as an eros love relationship. What double standard!

David and Jonathan were both married to women, that did not rule out their sexual orientation. David was most probably bisexual. He did lust after Bathsheba and committed adultery with her: 2 Samuel 11:2,4

Nevertheless, the main point is:

While it was highly possible that David and Jonathan were having homosexual relationship, the Lord God did not appear to chastise them. Instead, the Bible puts their relationship in a good light.

In everything he (David) did he had great success, because the Lord was with him. (1 Samuel 18:14)

Why are the straight mainstream churches so afraid about this passage of scripture between David and Jonathan?

Picture: David and Jonathan at St Marks' Portobello, Scotland.

David-and-Jonathan-detail-Scotland (1).jpg

Edited by Dart

On 2/7/2021 at 3:09 AM, Dart said:

David was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features. (1 Samuel 16:12) 😍

Sculpture of David by Michaelangelo, Florence, Italy:

The standards of beauty may have slightly changed since the days of Michelangelo.   The sculpture could have had nicer buns and a flatter belly.  But this is just my opinion...

On 2/13/2021 at 12:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

The standards of beauty may have slightly changed since the days of Michelangelo.   The sculpture could have had nicer buns and a flatter belly.  But this is just my opinion...

Agree with your opinion this instance.

The Old Testament Law ~ Does It Apply Today?

One of the commonest and the flimsiest argument used by straight mainstream churches against homosexuality is by cherry-picking from the Old Testament Law 👇

Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable (Leviticus 18:22)

The Old Testament Law contains rules and regulations for the Levites (priest) and common Jews of that time to set them apart from the corrupt practices of the neighbouring people e.g. engaging with male temple prostituition as a ritual in their practice.

The Old Testament Law was written about 1400 years before Christ (BC) and is not applicable to Christians.

These scriptures in the New Testament confirm it 👇

Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. (Romans 10:4)

☝️ Jesus Christ is the end of the law.

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear. (Hebrews 8:13)

This sets the distinction between Christianity and Judaism.

The straight mainstream churches conveniently avoid these Old Testament laws because they understand that the laws are not applicable to Christians 👇

On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised (Leviticus 12:3)

☝️Boys are to be circumcised.

And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you (Leviticus 11:7-8)

☝️Pork is prohibited

But they still harp on to the "anti-gay" verse right above (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13) to bash gays and deceive ill-informed minds!

All biblical scriptures must be understood from the context they are taken. All Bible scholars are in agreement that God speaks to people of different period according to their circumstances. In addition, the translation from the original languages of the Bible to contemporary English and other common languages must be taken into account.

The following Old Testament laws are not even practised by Jews of today👇

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. (Deuteronomy 21:18,21)

☝️ A disobedient son is to be stoned to death.

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

☝️If a girl is found not to be a virgin on her wedding day, she is to be stoned to death.

Today, Israel is the most liberal democratic country in the Middle East. The Jewish state, from where the Old Testament Law originates, has legalised homosexuality since 1988 and recognises gay marriages from abroad since 2006. So are straight mainstream churches going to condemn Israel as well?

Israel inaugurates memorial to gay holocaust victims in Tel Aviv 👇

On 2/27/2021 at 1:58 AM, Dart said:

The following Old Testament laws are not even practised by Jews of today👇

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. (Deuteronomy 21:18,21)

☝️ A disobedient son is to be stoned to death.

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

☝️If a girl is found not to be a virgin on her wedding day, she is to be stoned to death.

Today, Israel is the most liberal democratic country in the Middle East. The Jewish state, from where the Old Testament Law originates, has legalised homosexuality since 1988 and recognises gay marriages from abroad since 2006. So are straight mainstream churches going to condemn Israel as well?

These Old Testament laws are not practiced by today's Jews.  But can one imagine them having been practiced EVER?

5000 years is not a significant time period in the evolution of mankind.  The ancient Jews could not have been much different from you and me. Their moral standards should have been the same as ours.   Can one imagine a son being killed for his disobedience,  or a girl being killed if her virginity cannot be proven?   That ancient Judaism was indeed a barbarian religion! 

Christianity should detach itself completely from the Old Testament.  Jesus OVERRULED the old doctrine with his philosophy of love and forgiveness.  Isn't this  crystal clear?   

Oh, I am so hopeful that the new Perseverance rover on Mars finds traces of present or ancient life on this planet.  This should definitely blow away the Genesis in the O.T.  No more credibility of the creation of the universe exclusively for the humans on earth. 

While the discovery of extraterrestrial life will (should for any rational person) invalidate the Old Testament,  it would not affect the New Testament and the philosophy of Christ.  Then the Christian churches should have a new conclave where the ten commandments, the Torah and other stuff from the O.T. are replaced by a modern view of the universe and its origin and its natural rules. 

On 12/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, Dart said:

Christmas is a combination of two syllable word. Christ from Greek Christos : the Annoited One, referring to Jesus. Mas from Latin Mass : festival or celebration. Hence, Christmas means the celebration of Jesus Christ.

Christmas carol/hymn

O Come, O Come Emmanuel

Merry Christmas!

thanks for sharing the 2nd song, i downloaded it & its now on my playlist "FOR SLEEPING". 😃

22 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

thanks for sharing the 2nd song, i downloaded it & its now on my playlist "FOR SLEEPING". 😃

This song lasts 3 minutes.  Does it make you sleep for 3 minutes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a personal question

Asking it here becoz i don’t any gd friends in my inner circle except a lesbian lady

I joined Free Community Church(FCC) in 2016. enjoyed my time there, joined the weekly cell grp mtg & even served in the Children’s Ministry. Why did i leave a year later? I was stagnant in my faith & i didn’t like the fact that guys there were quite clicky/sticky to their own type of pple so i told them:

“I am joining I.B.C. & leaving FCC becoz i find the Baptist Community more inclusive to my need as a Sojourner”, 

& the Pastor gave me his/her blessing to leave. 

Recently i have decided to leave the Baptist Church which i attended from 2017 to 2020 becoz i have problems finding a suitable small group thus i ask myself, “(1) do i still find value in joining a weekly community of worshippers for fellowship or (2) would i prefer to continue my walk with God without my attendance to a Christian Group?🤔

dilemma mode :(

6 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

Hi

Asking it here becoz i don’t any gd friends in my inner circle except a lesbian lady

I joined Free Community Church(FCC) in 2016. enjoyed my time there, joined the weekly cell grp mtg & even served in the Children’s Ministry. Why did i leave a year later? I was stagnant in my faith & i didn’t like the fact that guys there were quite clicky/sticky to their own type of pple so i told them:

“I am joining I.B.C. & leaving FCC becoz i find the Baptist Community more inclusive to my need as a Sojourner”, 

Recently i have decided to leave the Baptist Church which i attended from 2017 to 2020 becoz i have problems finding a suitable small group thus i ask myself, “(1) do i still find value in joining a weekly community of worshippers for fellowship or (2) would i prefer to continue my walk with God without my attendance to a Christian Group?🤔

You were stagnant in your faith.  But you have a strong sense of religiousness. 

This sense does not need to attract you to an organized religion.  Many of us apply our religiousness to an "adoration of the unknown",  to a realization of a mystery that is beyond our understanding, and the understanding of all the combined organized religions in the world.  The fact that there are so many religious stories, dogmas, doctrines different from each other should give us a clue that the real truth is unknown.  But conjectures, speculations abound.  So... why should we not be free to make our own speculations about The Mystery, or The Power,  or whatever one wants to call it?  

We can live in peace with all the religious unknowns by accepting that whatever the Power is,  it chooses to remain unknown,  and we will live up to our last breath without knowing one bit more about it.  But if we live according to our moral principles, this is what a Power put within us, and this makes our existence righteous.  

So much about religion.  But maybe you also are looking for a fitting social group.  If you are gay,  a group of like minded people who also include charitable, volunteer work that helps LGBTQs could be a good choice.

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You were stagnant in your faith.  But you have a strong sense of religiousness. 

This sense does not need to attract you to an organized religion.  Many of us apply our religiousness to an "adoration of the unknown",  to a realization of a mystery that is beyond our understanding, and the understanding of all the combined organized religions in the world.  The fact that there are so many religious stories, dogmas, doctrines different from each other should give us a clue that the real truth is unknown.  But conjectures, speculations abound.  So... why should we not be free to make our own speculations about The Mystery, or The Power,  or whatever one wants to call it?  

We can live in peace with all the religious unknowns by accepting that whatever the Power is,  it chooses to remain unknown,  and we will live up to our last breath without knowing one bit more about it.  But if we live according to our moral principles, this is what a Power put within us, and this makes our existence righteous.  

So much about religion.  But maybe you also are looking for a fitting social group.  If you are gay,  a group of like minded people who also include charitable, volunteer work that helps LGBTQs could be a good choice.

What a wonderful example of agnosticism.  

Limitations being he is supposed to be a Protestant, your shying away from Luther's questions and oogachaga coining the word 'congregaytion' for one of their activities.

Reminds me of Rose Nylund on the difference of heavens. The Catholics one with St. P at the gate and angels playing harps.

The Protestant one like, well, St. Olaf, Minnesota.

Except when in welcoming the first ever black inhabitant, the town folks covered themselves in white bedsheets and marched to his home with burning crosses and singing the good old Viking war songs.

On 3/21/2021 at 9:28 PM, 30yochinese said:

Hi

Appreciate your sharing 🙂

Our personal devotion in our daily walk with God is most important and nothing can replace it.

Having fellowship with fellow gay Christians should encourage us in our walk in the Lord as gay Christians.

For that purpose, I find that a cell group (smaller group) is more condusive than attending a Sunday service (formal) But if we find the cell group unsupportive, would it had defeated its purpose?

Thank you

Edited by Dart

On 3/21/2021 at 9:28 PM, 30yochinese said:

Hi

Maybe you can also ask yourself if you really need to join a church or a group to progress in your journey with God. What is your objective for being a christian? Will joining a church and having a fellowship meet those objectives?

In commemoration of Good Friday ( 02 April 2021 )

It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end (John 13:1)

It's your blood by Michael Christ

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 8:24 PM, Steve5380 said:

To be a gay Christian all what is needed is to read the story of Christ in the Gospels,  like the philosophy in his preaching, and try to follow it as much as possible.

And more can be written.  Any Christianity, personal or organized,  should completely avoid any issues with sexual orientation.  Why?  Simply because the creator of Christianity,  Jesus Christ,  is not known to have said a single word about this topic.  (how could he, since "sexual orientation" had not yet been defined then?)   Or rather let's say:  Jesus never condemned homosexuality.  Had he found evil in it,  he would have said so himself and not waited for an "apostle Paul" to write pests about some Romans in a way that is full of ambiguities.  

The condemnations of homosexuality in the Old Testament should only be regarded by the Jews, who were the public for all its laws.  But today, Jews care little about those old laws,  and...  like I recently learned...  Israel is very gay friendly.

• 1 month later...

i am from a rather religious family.

anyone else feels "guilty" after having casual sex? whenever i had ONS fun, it feels great. but after washing up, i feel i had sinned for breaking the 10 commandment of lust. so i will pray to god to seek forgiveness and to seek strength to control future temptation. eventually, it becomes a vicious cycle.

i do not dare to confess this feeling to anyone. how did you guys overcome this sense of 'guilt'?

On 9/6/2021 at 1:11 AM, G_ZK said:

anyone else feels "guilty" after having casual sex? whenever i had ONS fun, it feels great. but after washing up, i feel i had sinned for breaking the 10 commandment of lust. so i will pray to god to seek forgiveness and to seek strength to control future temptation. eventually, it becomes a vicious cycle.

i do not dare to confess this feeling to anyone. how did you guys overcome this sense of 'guilt'?

lust isn't one of the 10 commandments. it is one of the 7 cardinal sins though.

i think you need to find balance - and realise why you feel guilt, and why you seek ONS.

we often use sex, ONS as a substitute for love, for authentic connection. and that's why it often feels terrible after.

Find yourself a bf and be faithful to him. My general advice.

i know of some ppl who claim that having multiple sex partners is an issue between themselves and God, and as long as they can explain it to God, it will be ok.  i also see some ppl who quote Old Testament paras stating having multiple sex partners is ok then, and hence it's ok today - and these are respected senior church leaders mind you.  well i think that the first type of ppl are very good at justifying their actions regardless right or wrong.  the second type of ppl - well i am just appallled.  anyway, if you agree that it is not right, then i hope you find the resolve to refrain from doing it.  all the best!

On 9/5/2021 at 12:11 PM, G_ZK said:

I come from 9 years of education in Catholic schools.   How did I get rid of guilt from sex?

My first logical realization was that there is no difference in guilt between homosexuality and heterosexuality.

At the same time,  my agnosticism didn't accept the idea that the act of sex is intrinsically sinful, like an offense to God.  What kind of god would feel offended if an insignificance of me has the enjoyment of some sex?

Instead, any sinfulness or cause of guilt must come from the victimization of another, or oneself.

If the act of sex is voluntary, if it does not go against third parties, and it is safe,  then there is no reason for it to be sin nor cause guilt. 

On 9/6/2021 at 11:37 AM, kai0069 said:

lust isn't one of the 10 commandments. it is one of the 7 cardinal sins though.

i think you need to find balance - and realise why you feel guilt, and why you seek ONS.

we often use sex, ONS as a substitute for love, for authentic connection. and that's why it often feels terrible after.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:54 AM, 75c said:

i know of some ppl who claim that having multiple sex partners is an issue between themselves and God, and as long as they can explain it to God, it will be ok.  i also see some ppl who quote Old Testament paras stating having multiple sex partners is ok then, and hence it's ok today - and these are respected senior church leaders mind you.  well i think that the first type of ppl are very good at justifying their actions regardless right or wrong.  the second type of ppl - well i am just appallled.  anyway, if you agree that it is not right, then i hope you find the resolve to refrain from doing it.  all the best!

Thanks for sharing guys.

@75c Yes, you're right. In the Old Testament, God allowed, though He did not command those patriarchs to have many wives and even concubines. 

We know God speaks to different people in different times according to their circumstances. 

Does the Old Testament form the principle teaching for Christians to follow?

The New Testament reads:

These are a shadow (referring to the Old Testament) of the things that were to come; the reality,  however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:17)

Jesus Christ taught that a man should be monogamous, in our case monoandry (having one husband or partner).

Do you think Christians should follow the teachings of Jesus Christ which is conclusion to the law rather than the Old Testament which becomes obsolete at this point?

Hey, I'm just sharing my thoughts based on the principle mainstream Christianity and by no means imposing it to anyone.

@G_ZK, @kai0069, @75c, and any gay Christians. Please

continue to share your thoughts or post any questions on Christianity. This thread needs revival 😄❤️

On 9/14/2021 at 11:40 AM, Dart said:

The New Testament reads:

These are a shadow (referring to the Old Testament) of the things that were to come; the reality,  however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:17)

Jesus Christ taught that a man should be monogamous, in our case monoandry (having one husband or partner).

Do you think Christians should follow the teachings of Jesus Christ which is conclusion to the law rather than the Old Testament which becomes obsolete at this point?

I agree with you that the Old Testament should be left to the Orthodox Jews to follow and we should only pay attention to the teachings, the philosophy of Jesus Christ.  Not so much because of new over old, but because of inspired and full of value versus fantasies passed-on by tradition.  

BTW,  where have you found that Jesus Christ taught that man (or person) should be monogamous  (monoandry is included in monogamous) ?

On 9/15/2021 at 12:40 AM, Dart said:

@G_ZK, @kai0069, @75c, and any gay Christians. Please

continue to share your thoughts or post any questions on Christianity. This thread needs revival 😄❤️

haha to be honest, sometimes i really wonder whether there is any ministry or cell group dedicated for LGBT here in Singapore. i mean a group that is inter-denominations, similar to bible studies groups in uni.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, G_ZK said:

haha to be honest, sometimes i really wonder whether there is any ministry or cell group dedicated for LGBT here in Singapore. i mean a group that is inter-denominations, similar to bible studies groups in uni.

Yes, there's one in Singapore. Free Community Church (FCC) is an all inclusive church. You can check them out. I'm sure they'd have cell groups and Bible study. In fact, one of the pastor recommended BW to me years ago.

Here's the link:

https://freecomchurch.org/

On 9/15/2021 at 8:22 PM, Dart said:

Yes, there's one in Singapore. Free Community Church (FCC) is an all inclusive church. You can check them out. I'm sure they'd have cell groups and Bible study. In fact, one of the pastor recommended BW to me years ago.

Here's the link:

https://freecomchurch.org/

thanks for sharing. will check them out.

I think engaging in sex with multiple partners has less to do with religion, and more to do with self-accountability. I am single, and I enjoy sex with different guys. If I am in a committed relationship, I plan to be monogamous, and I have been there, done that.  

Religious guilt comes not so much from the sex itself, but that little voice that has been planted into your head that tells you what you did is wrong. If there is no scripture or church teachings that tells you from when you start attending church that it is wrong, would you have felt the same guilt?

You are responsible for your own behavior and the choices you make. Take what your religious teachings have provided you so far as a guidebook, not a rule book. The bible teaches us thou shall not kill, yet murders, and executions are still happening everyday. The bible and many other religious texts are there to lead you on a path to be the best version of you. You will fail many times, and that is to be expected, but it does not mean you are a bad Christian, if you do not adhere strictly. 

I know it may come across as a pat on the back to justify casual sex, or whatever the guilty behavior is. But think about it, and decide for yourself if you want the bible to be a guide book or a rule book, and be happy. 

Love. 

On 9/15/2021 at 12:40 AM, Dart said:

@75c Yes, you're right. In the Old Testament, God allowed, though He did not command those patriarchs to have many wives and even concubines. 

We know God speaks to different people in different times according to their circumstances. 

Does the Old Testament form the principle teaching for Christians to follow?

The New Testament reads:

Do you think Christians should follow the teachings of Jesus Christ which is the conclusion to the law rather than the Old Testament which becomes obsolete at this point?

Hey, I'm just sharing my thoughts based on the principle mainstream Christianity and by no means imposing it on anyone.

@G_ZK, @kai0069, @75c, or any gay Christians. Please continue to share your thoughts or post any questions on Christianity. This thread needs revival 

😄❤️

To further clarify, I was speaking on Monogamy within the context of a committed relationship 🙂

On 9/15/2021 at 4:18 AM, Steve5380 said:

I agree with you that the Old Testament should be left to the Orthodox Jews to follow and we should only pay attention to the teachings, the philosophy of Jesus Christ.  Not so much because of new over old, but because of inspired and full of value versus fantasies passed-on by tradition.  

BTW,  where have you found that Jesus Christ taught that man (or person) should be monogamous  (monoandry is included in monogamous) ?

I know you're not seeking for an answer. I write on my understanding on the concept held by mainstream Christianity to fellow Christians and BW readers in general.

The Old Testament is part of the Bible and is revered as the inspired written Word of God by both the Jews and Christians. Without the Old Testament there wouldn't be the New Testament, they are related to one another. The Gospel of Jesus Christ in the New Testament is the answer and the conclusion which had long been prophesized by the Old Testament. Therefore, the teachings of Jesus Christ takes precedence over the Old Testament. In line with this concept, God speaks to different people, at different times according to their circumstances.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:59 AM, Dart said:

I know you're not seeking for an answer. I write on my understanding on the concept held by mainstream Christianity to fellow Christians and BW readers in general.

The Old Testament is part of the Bible and is revered as the inspired written Word of God by both the Jews and Christians. Without the Old Testament there wouldn't be the New Testament, they are related to one another. The Gospel of Jesus Christ in the New Testament is the answer and the conclusion which had long been prophesized by the Old Testament. Therefore, the teachings of Jesus Christ takes precedence over the Old Testament. In line with this concept, God speaks to different people, at different times according to their circumstances.

But I would like to have an answer to why Jesus Christ would have cared for the monogamy of people.  It makes sense that a religious leader is against promiscuity and abuse of others due to sex.  But polygamy in itself is harder to condemn.  Tell this to the Prophet Smith  (although it's too late now).

I know of your religious indoctrination and I don't want to make you feel bad.  But perhaps you can follow my reasoning:

The evolution of humans over millions of years goes on very slowly.  It is safe to assume that the people in biblical times were about the same mentally and spiritually as we are today.  But the Abrahamic God, eternal and almighty, would not need time to evolve or learn. He should not need to release several updated editions of his law as "he learns".  Shouldn't the Jews of the time of Moses had deserved the same grace of knowledge that the Jews received in the days of the Roman Empire, and we today?  Why didn't God reveal the same teachings, philosophy to Moses than Jesus had to deliver later? Jesus could have saved the trouble of his passion.  And why didn't God reveal this knowledge in an universal way to every civilization on the planet?

Well... hopefully I leave you thinking. 

Edited by Steve5380

On 9/17/2021 at 10:39 PM, Steve5380 said:

But I would like to have an answer to why Jesus Christ would have cared for the monogamy of people.  It makes sense that a religious leader is against promiscuity and abuse of others due to sex.  But polygamy in itself is harder to condemn.  Tell this to the Prophet Smith  (although it's too late now).

I know of your religious indoctrination and I don't want to make you feel bad.  But perhaps you can follow my reasoning:

The evolution of humans over millions of years goes on very slowly.  It is safe to assume that the people in biblical times were about the same mentally and spiritually as we are today.  But the Abrahamic God, eternal and almighty, would not need time to evolve or learn. He should not need to release several updated editions of his law as "he learns".  Shouldn't the Jews of the time of Moses had deserved the same grace of knowledge that the Jews received in the days of the Roman Empire, and we today?  Why didn't God reveal the same teachings, philosophy to Moses than Jesus had to deliver later? Jesus could have saved the trouble of his passion.  And why didn't God reveal this knowledge in an universal way to every civilization on the planet?

Well... hopefully I leave you thinking. 

I know how ignorant and phobic you are towards the Christian faith and I don't want to make you feel bad.

Yes, God Almighty is eternal and does not need to evolve and learn but humans do. The human culture, social perception and mentality change over time. The time span between Moses and Jesus is about 1450 years! For example: a man had to keep long hair as a sacred vow to God in the Old Testament but a man with long hair was a shame in the New Testament. We do not need to go that far. Families are having issues and misunderstanding between grandparents and grandchildren and that's only two generations apart and we recognize them as generation gap.

Isn't Christianity universal today? Do you expect God to reveal Himself one by one to every civilization?

Well ... hopefully I leave you thinking.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:10 PM, Dart said:

I know how ignorant and phobic you are towards the Christian faith and I don't want to make you feel bad.

Yes, God Almighty is eternal and does not need to evolve and learn but humans do. The human culture, social perception and mentality change over time. The time span between Moses and Jesus is about 1450 years! For example: a man had to keep long hair as a sacred vow to God in the Old Testament but a man with long hair was a shame in the New Testament. We do not need to go that far. Families are having issues and misunderstanding between grandparents and grandchildren and that's only two generations apart and we recognize them as generation gap.

Isn't Christianity universal today? Do you expect God to reveal Himself one by one to every civilization?

Well ... hopefully I leave you thinking.

Thank you for your response.

First, I want to clarify that although I am an agnostic, a person who does not believe in religious doctrines (but also who cannot be sure that they are all false) I have great respect for today's Catholic Church (not so much for the Church at some times in the past). I think that with Pope Francis it is in good hands, and hopefully it keeps reforming.

The length of the hair may not be a big factor in any difference between the man in Moses' time and the one in Jesus's time. Why would one need a different doctrine than the other?  Hair can be always cut, and can be always let grow.  And generational gaps may not be the evolution of mankind over the period of some generations, but the spiritual difference between the young and the old.  Some decades ago I was on the "young" side of the gap,  yet otherwise I am still the same today.

The ancient Egyptians, Israelites and other folks in Moses' time probably had the same capacity for empathy and compassion that the 12 apostles had.   And the 2000 years between Jesus and us may not have changed this capacity either.  And thousands of years before Moses, the people then may already have had the capacity to understand the message of Jesus.   Why didn't he appear then,  and so would have saved us all this Judaism?

Edited by Steve5380