Male HQ

The Making of Guys Next Door (Singapore Series) 2012 Calendar

Calendar Guys (Singapore Series) !

A Singapore Blog dedicated to the entire production process of our calendar series - from the birth of the idea / concept, to the casting, photoshoot, actual production to the final Calendar ! and of course, not forgetting our hardworking guys behind the scene and the actual Models !

We will capture the joys and laughter, as well as the pains we have to go through (hopefully at the bare minimum) in order to get the completed calendar right into your loving hands ! And did I mention snapshots throughout the entire process too xoxo ?

Our team comprises the following :

* NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com - Fuss free online blogshop for quality international men's wear at affordable prices

* Style House - Established local model and talent management company

* Aiden Yeoh, 225 Hectare Studio - Our renowned local photographer for the entire shoot

* InnoTech Communications - Our top-notch quality and reliable printer

NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com and Style House will also be responsible for the solicitation of sponsorships, marketing as well as the distribution of the first calendar for 2012.

Stay tuned as we plan ahead for our very first calendar from our Singapore series !

Have a great week ahead !

For more info, do check out our Calendar Guys Blog !

Hey guys,

After spending hours deliberating between a shrew of ideas, our theme for the first calendar is finally out ! But we shall keep all readers in suspense until further notice !

Our open audition/casting day is as follows :

Audition Date : 18 June 2011

Venue : Style House @ 7030 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, Northstar @ AMK, #09-107, Singapore 569880

Time : 1400 - 1900 hrs

Email : stylehouse@singnet.com.sg / nofrillsfactoryoutlet@gmail.com

Aidan+image.jpg

#225Hectare is a boutique photography outfit, started by renowned local photographer, Mr Aidan Yeoh that provides a wide spectrum of photography services that range from shooting for advertising campaigns and portraitures to fashion spreads and food & product photography.

Driven by an intense passion for photography, Aidan has been pursuing his dream for eight long years, starting out as an assistant photographer at a bridal studio before taking a leap to join a commercial studio where he picked up the rudimentary skills of the trade and learnt how to shoot for different types of fashion, food and products.

With a keen eye on the quirky side of life, and a deep appreciation of the beauty that lies in all things, hidden or understated, he draws his inspiration from muses as diverse as movies and MTV to renowned photographers like Stefano Galuzzi and Sophie Delaporte. In his works and images, you can always find an offbeat sense of quirkiness, playfully imbued with a burst of creativity and spontaneity, evident of his signature style of making fresh, bold statements.

Over the years, he has established an impressive oeuvre, with his works appearing in popular publications such as Men's Folio, August, Solitaire, Gadget3, Wine & Dine and Teenage. He has also worked on advertising campaigns for customers like Courts, Bioskin, Glajz, Jean Yip, Yun Nam, New York Skin Solutions, London Weight Management, Health Promotion Board (HPB) and C3A.

On top of this, he has also collaborated closely on projects with an exhaustive list of clients: Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), Korean Embassy, National Technological University (NTU), Sembcorp Marine and Singapore Customs. With a firm belief in the need to nurture new blood, he has conducted a series of photography lessons for students from Hwa Chong Institution.

Among his accolades, he was nominated as Asian Top Fashion Photographer of the Year at the Fashion Asia AFMA China in 2009.

With an impressive portfolio under him, we believe he will be able to take to task in presenting to us a great sporty calendar spread in our first issue of Guys Next Door - Singapore Series !

Below is an extract of his work over the years :

Aidan+art.jpg

Calendar Guys (Singapore Series) !

A Singapore Blog dedicated to the entire production process of our calendar series - from the birth of the idea / concept, to the casting, photoshoot, actual production to the final Calendar ! and of course, not forgetting our hardworking guys behind the scene and the actual Models !

We will capture the joys and laughter, as well as the pains we have to go through (hopefully at the bare minimum) in order to get the completed calendar right into your loving hands ! And did I mention snapshots throughout the entire process too xoxo ?

Our team comprises the following :

* NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com - Fuss free online blogshop for quality international men's wear at affordable prices

* Style House - Established local model and talent management company

* Aiden Yeoh, 225 Hectare Studio - Our renowned local photographer for the entire shoot

* InnoTech Communications - Our top-notch quality and reliable printer

NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com and Style House will also be responsible for the solicitation of sponsorships, marketing as well as the distribution of the first calendar for 2012.

Stay tuned as we plan ahead for our very first calendar from our Singapore series !

Have a great week ahead !

For more info, do check out our Calendar Guys Blog !

Can't wait for it to come out :thumb:

When can we start to preorder?

^_^

Edited by jarboy

There's always another secret.

haha ... u stay near him wah.

he is my didi and I am sure he will be a very responsible chap when it comes to business. I am entrusting him with reselling my calendar amongst the setting up of a new blogshop :)

As a friend, you should give him ur support

Al

Edited by No Frills Factory Outlet

aiyoh ... u stay near him wah.

he is my didi and I am sure he will be a very responsible chap when it comes to business. I am entrusting him with reselling my calendar amongst the setting up of a new blogshop :)

As a friend, you should give him ur support

Al

Haha I was just teasing la, I've got full faith in dear ol' DoingMoar :thumb:

He is most certainly capable and hardworking enough to perform an excellent job at it =)

As a friend and fellow bwer he'l definitely get my support n more!

Cheers!

Edited by jarboy

There's always another secret.

Hey guys,

After spending hours deliberating between a shrew of ideas, our theme for the first calendar is finally out ! But we shall keep all readers in suspense until further notice !

Our open audition/casting day is as follows :

Audition Date : 18 June 2011

Venue : Style House @ 7030 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, Northstar @ AMK, #09-107, Singapore 569880

Time : 1400 - 1900 hrs

Email : stylehouse@singnet.com.sg / nofrillsfactoryoutlet@gmail.com

Not in Singapore on 18 June....

Wished I could come... :(

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

11r4vww.jpg

Presenting our ever bubbly and brotherly Jay Lo - who is a member of our panel of judges for our casting/audition on 18 Jun 2011.

Jay has been a leisure photographer for two years. It is certainly fun to have him around friends and parties as he enjoys capturing the essence of each joyous moment with much glee. In his own words : "My most satisfying moment is when I go around taking pictures at friend’s parties or outings, the freezing moment of laugher is truly priceless."

2ahh4c8.jpg

Presenting Justin Lim - Established Image Consultant and Founder of Style House Pte Ltd. Being responsible for arranging the upcoming casting call on 18 June, he joins us as panel judge and co-partner of the Guys Next Door (Singapore Series) Calendar 2012 as well.

Justin is a frequent guest speaker and grooming instructor for numerous schools and corporate companies in Singapore. His expertise includes professional modelling, beauty pageant consultation, makeup and hairstyling artistry, colour and style consultation and fashion designing.

Justin also happens to be the winner of Mr. Singapore / International 1999 who also bears the subsidiary titles of Mr. Best Groomed and Mr Photogenic.

His professional expertise in the modelling industry and experience in grooming will also set forth the standards in our model selection process for our upcoming calendar !

2l2v12.jpg

Guest imseeker

Sigh your event clashes with Pinkdot. But if we go...

Anything we need to do (eg. pre-register) to turn up at your event?

Can we come alone?

Can we come quietly and just observe the models?

Do we need to take a registration tag or number?

Got any space for shy ones to sit quietly at a corner?

Food and drinks?

Sorry for the long questions, just asking.

And can we turn up but just be quiet throughout and not talk (shy mah!)

Sigh your event clashes with Pinkdot. But if we go...

Anything we need to do (eg. pre-register) to turn up at your event?

Can we come alone?

Can we come quietly and just observe the models?

Do we need to take a registration tag or number?

Got any space for shy ones to sit quietly at a corner?

Food and drinks?

Sorry for the long questions, just asking.

And can we turn up but just be quiet throughout and not talk (shy mah!)

If you think you have the looks and appeal to be a calendar model, do feel free to drop by. You will need to register and we will call out your name in order of the queue you arrive.

If you are the one auditioning, do try to come alone. As space is limited and we do expect a good turnout, pls try to come without ur supporters.

Most of the models who are auditioning are straight guys fyi. and already we have 3 national swimmers, a CLEO bachelor winner, a manhunt finalist and many others :)

Cheers

16ici8z.jpg

Our latest addition to our distinguished panel of judges is Miss Singapore International 2008 - Miss Tok Wee Ee. She was also the winner of Miss Body Beautiful in the Singapore Pageant and represented Singapore in the Miss International 2008 beauty pageant held in Japan and Macau, along with 62 other delegates from around the world.

Since her win, Wee Ee has been actively volunteering with the Singapore Women's Association (organizer for Miss Singapore international). One of her notable projects was the Nepal Project Literacy which aimed to increase the literacy rate among the villages in poorer countries. She subsequently went down to the village in Nepal, along with SWA representatives and other volunteers in April 2010 to further her cause.

Currently studying at Curtin University, Perth and majoring in Film and Television as well as Public Relations, we are delighted that our home grown beauty queen will be able to grace our audition as our female judge.

As we are promoting a wholesome, squeaky clean, sporty guy next door calendar that will appeal to both niche and mainstream markets, we have included a lady guest judge for the audition.

2d2c6kj.jpg

15p026c.jpg

Well the person in the picture is me - Albert Lee. When I am not skivving (joking !) and enjoying my regular hot bubble bath (favourite destress method), I am also hard at work as owner of NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com working my pants off literally 12-15 hours a day on 24/7. On top of being part of the panel of judges and co-partner of the Guys Next Door (Singapore Series) Calendar 2012, I am also responsible for dressing up the models with exciting apparel for the eventual shoot as well as coordinating the logistics and channel distribution/marketing of the calendar.

In brief, NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com was officially set up in November 2010 to cater to the increasing demand for quality men’s wear, skincare and accessories in Singapore. The main purpose of the online shopping portal is to bring in quality international labels at affordable, no frills, fuss free, factory outlet prices on top of offering the local community with choice offerings that are only available elsewhere. International brands include Marcuse (Australia), Macho (Spain), Andrew Christian (USA), ADDICTED (Spain), Clever (Colombia), Pikante (Colombia), MaleBasics (Canada), ajaxx63 (USA), Purederm (Korea) and many others. I will continue to explore new labels and bring in exciting products and grow the site along the way.

I am also proud to introduce a brand new Made in Singapore label : Fitness Jock under NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com that was recently launched on 7 June 2011. Designed with a sporty, healthy, fitness theme in mind, I came up with my first Fitness Jock MicroDermabrasion Towel Collection to cater to the increasing demand for quality gym and shower/bath towels. Through Fitness Jock, I also aspire to appeal to the sporty, health and fitness conscious market with trendy and vibrant colours and selection of fine fabrics and leather for use in the exclusive Fitness Jock range of affordable men's wear and fashion accessories. A definitive men's style in quality men's wear - Fitness Jock by NoFrillsFactoryOutlet.com - Show It Off !

2nkp7aq.jpg

More exciting items will be launched under Fitness Jock label in time to come. So do stay tuned and support my label, proudly Made in Singapore !

On the selection of models for our sporty guys next door calendar, we basically rated potential candidates based on the following criteria :

* Physique

* Looks

* Overall Appeal

* Personal Grooming

* Photogenic Factor

* Confidence Level posing in front of the camera

Other factors we looked into during the Q&A session included :

* Profiling them based on their favourite sports or a sporting activity that they excel in.

* Spontaneity in the interaction with the judges

* Their personal best attributes

At the end of each Q&A session, we rated each candidate based on the above factors. At the end of the entire casting call, the judges set down together and ranked the candidates based on the consolidated scores and came up with the shortlisted list of candidates whom we deemed would make it to the final cut of models for the Guys Next Door, Singapore Series 2012 Calendar.

Without much further ado, onwards to the raw footage of our open audition !

The judges arrived at 1330 hrs at Style House premises on 18 June 2011. Here we are from left : Justin, Aidan, Jay, Wee Ee and of course, me (Albert) !

14xncwz.jpg

Whilst preparing the office for the shoot and partitioning the interview area, some candidates started streaming in as early as 1340 hrs, ahead of the scheduled open audition at 1400 hrs. Without any delay, Justin went straight off to hand out the casting forms and queue numbers as well as coordinate the candidates over their individual shoots and interviews. Thereafter, Aidan took upon the task of taking casting shots of each candidate in casual wear as well as in swimwear.

119ovgo.jpg

In between shoots, Aidan also took time to take photos of us interviewing the various candidates too :)

nyuu0l.jpg

See me grading the candidates lol !

1zfqtzr.jpg

End of Part I. To be continued :)

Judges hard at work evaluating and scoring the candidates we interviewed. So many choices, limited spots. So we had to decide carefully and score objectively.

hs3vix.jpg

In the meantime, Justin was busy taking measurements of the each candidate's chest, waist and hips.

16gzssx.jpg

More coverage of the judges discussing and evaluating the potential of each candidate.

2r38mea.jpg

Yes another pic of us in a candid moment to lighten the atmosphere :) LOL.

jgkun4.jpg

Photos all taken by our beloved Aidan. To catch more raw footage, stay tuned for Part III and IV. Thereafter, follow us as we take you through random candidate profiles, the anticipated second stage - photoshoot footage and more beyond !

The youngest candidate to ever come for audition at only 17 this year. Fine, stylish and lean young chap with a mix parentage. Interesting character with a teenage appeal. Will definitely keep him in view for modelling opportunities !

nqty4i.jpg

That's Jay Lo for you, deep in thought over the scores to give to candidates !

ibht0g.jpg

There was this interesting young candidate with nice freckles, a cheeky attitude and an overly quick response to questions which left quite an impression on me. When finally asked to put on casual wear to access his appeal in attire, he was too quick to respond with "Why, you shy ah ?" .... I was totally taken aback by his unabashed demeanour, but certainly someone worth looking out for lol.

2i0wsxy.jpg

Me and Wee Ee having an animated discussion over the scores and preferences of who should appear on the calendar !

v3d6kj.jpg

Stay tuned for Part IV and some raw snippets of our hunky candidates !

Part IV, final instalment to the entire audtion footage.

Wee Ee providing feedback and me penning them down :)

16c1bm8.jpg

As promised from Part III, that we would feature snippets of some of our hot bodied candidates, here we were seen in the midst of interviewing one of our hot pair of twins, Jake.

xofo10.jpg

Dashing young candidate, Drake, twin brother of Jake, facing the camera with a dazzling smile. The photo itself spoke of a thousand words. Need we have said otherwise ?

2qck0hh.jpg

Our actual interview with Drake.

efs5qo.jpg

.... And so ends our final instalment to our open audition footage. Due to publicity purposes, we were obligated to keep the list of candidates who made it through the audition under wraps, and hence we could only release a few selected photos from the casting over 4 mini parts. Overall, it was a truly enjoyable experience engaging our candidates in lively discussions.

The number of candidates who braved our open audition on 18 June 2011 actually totalled 42 over the 5 hour time frame ! There were candidates who could not make it due to personal committments and special arrangements were made to cast them individually at Style House thereafter. In fact, we have yet to finalise all the spots on the calendar as we are still fielding individual candidates who are still streaming by as of now.

Next up will be our second leg of the calendar blog titled - Rough Cuts where I will profile and showcase actual raw and unedited photos/footage of random candidates from the entire casting in casual wear and swimwear/underwear. This is by no means conclusive that these candidates would be those who made it to the calendar.

So who will eventually make it to the final cut for the 12 coveted spots and be featured in a full 6 page editorial spread on a local fitness magazine in September 2011 ? Who will be selected as the cover model of our calendar and also make it as the anchor fitness model who will grace the front cover of the magazine as well ?

Well, stay tuned to find out !

FOLLOW US ON OUR FANPAGE !

Up first on our Rough Cuts random candidate footage, we have Candidate Number 7 : Parker Lam. We were lucky enough to be able to invite him for the audition when he returned to our sunny shores during term break.

Casting day raw footage of him in casual wear :

16tjkw.jpg

Forever looking good in swimwear. His well tanned skin tone from his rigorous training regime in USA could be seen on his well defined swimmer's bod :

f9k36d.jpg

Profile : A graduate from Raffles Junior College and a national swimmer, the very single hunk was born in Hawaii to a Chinese father and Samoan-German mother. Incidentally, Parker was also the Winner of CLEO's 50 Most Eligible Bachelor 2010. He is also currently studying at the prestigious Stanford University in USA.

His Best Feature : Lips

Favourite Sports : Swimming

His Vitals :

* Chest : 41"

* Waist : 32"

* Hip : 38"

* Height : 1.85 m

* Weight : 84 kg

* Shoe Size : 11 (UK)

* Eyes : Brown

* Hair : Dark Brown

* Race : Pan Asian

* Shirt Size : Large

* Collar : 16.5"

Here's another artistic shot of Parker Lam :

jfvn12.jpg

So did he make it to the final cut as one of the calendar models ? Stay tuned for more updates at the end of our Rough Cuts segment !

Was PM By No Frills Outlet to remove what i state here.

if any1 of u wanna know bout the twins, do pm me.

cheers!

I said the results are not out yet. I am not wrong to ask you in private as a form of courtesy to remove it. And I also mentioned on my post that the results are not out.

So would appreciate to keep comments to yourself since you are not even a judge. So you are in no position to tell anyone whether they are in or not when the decision making lies upon me.

And why do you want to tell people more about the twins. Do learn to respect the privacy of others.

Special note :

We recently came to know that some other site has made sweeping statements everywhere and accused us of associating our calendar with their name and concept. And even mentioned on their site of copyright infringement. It has also come to my attention that undesirable and even disturbing SMSes were sent to my business partners by certain personnel who has also tried to poach our models at the same time.

We will like to highlight that our calendar is titled - Guys Next Door Singapore Series. So I am bewildered by such claims of infringement and concept since the title of the calendar is different in every essence. The only word I can think of that is similar is calendar and Singapore but those are certainly not copyrightable ! Our blog is about the making of our calendar and hence we aptly named our blog as Calendar Guys - Singapore Series, since in every sense of the title coupled with the blog description, it is a calendar with guys from our Singapore series !

Whereas we have our own theme and a guys next door story line, a photo blog to detail the entire calendar process, great models, local endorsement, incorporation of a healthy social awareness campaign and we have our own mainstream following, others simply just sell a Singapore calendar without any plausible story line short of eroticism other than a "in-your-face" competition, so I wonder where the association comes from ?

We wish to clarify here that we have absolutely no association with such other site(s) and vice versa !

Stay tuned for our hot updates coming up and the final result of a wonderful piece of work that will certainly delight all our faithful readers !

Next up on our Rough Cuts random candidate footage, we have Candidate Number 1 : Anthony Chew.

Complete raw footage shot of our athletic built Anthony with his candidate number posing in swimwear :

dzayhu.jpg

Here's another shot of Anthony in casual wear :

14m9o43.jpg

Profile : Anthony is currently an undergraduate at the Singapore Institute of Management. Though a freelance model, he can be seen endorsing local ads. Notable achievement : Anchoring himself as a Groovin' underwear model and his product shots has since been used in Japan and overseas for the international brand !

His Best Feature : Eyes

His Favourite Sport : Track and Field

His Vitals :

* Chest : 38"

* Waist : 31"

* Hip : 36"

* Height : 1.75 m

* Weight : 65 kg

* Shoe Size : 9 (US)

* Eyes : Black

* Hair : Black

* Race : Chinese

* Shirt Size : Medium

* Collar : 15"

Here's some photogenic shots of Anthony :

219dt15.jpg

Stay glued for more updates at the end of our Rough Cuts segment as we announce who are those candidates who made it to the final cut !

Been busy lately due to other committments but I am back ! Here's Candidate Number 20 : Jake Ng under our Rough Cuts footage :)

Here we have a rather stoned and serious looking Jake posing with his candidature number in casual wear :

jimmja.jpg

Bringing out the sportsman in him, we saw a remarkable change in facial expression to a sunny, athletic fit man when he posed in his swimwear. See him in a totally unedited shot below. Certainly looking good !

dxy1jo.jpg

Profile : Jake is the younger twin brother of another candidate, Drake who will also be featured later on. He has just finished his polytechnic studies and is now awaiting for NS enlistment this year We eagerly anticipate more photoshoot coverage of him and the extent of his photogenity.

His Best Feature : Eyes

His Favourite Sport : Muay Thai

His Vitals :

* Chest : 39"

* Waist : 32"

* Hip : 37"

* Height : 1.77 m

* Weight : 74 kg

* Shoe Size : 10 (UK)

* Eyes : Black

* Hair : Dark Brown

* Race : Chinese

* Shirt Size : Large

* Collar : 16"

Here's a cute shot of Jake when he first started out his freelance modelling stint with Style House :

9kxhud.jpg

Stay glued for more updates at the end of our Rough Cuts segment as we announce who are those candidates who made it to the final cut !

15nuie0.jpg

Presenting the official photographer for our Guys Next Door 2012 Calendar Singapore Series - Stan Ngo.

Stan has lived and worked around the world while he was working as an I.T. consultant and spent 10 years in Australia before returning to Singapore in 2009. On his return he followed his dream and turned his passion into a reality by becoming a full-time professional photographer.

Stan now runs his own studio working with diverse clients and shoot portraiture, commercial, event and landscape photography. With his love of art, he always try to incorporate some artistic flare into his photography style. During his free time, Stan also enjoys travelling to interesting places with his camera and capture the country's culture, people and landscape.

With an impeccable taste for fine photography, we eagerly anticipate his valuable input in capturing the very essence of our Guys Next Door theme into our first calendar !