Male HQ

Visit Your Parents This CNY!

Lungker

Click to see this very moving ad.

The scenes brought back very sweet memories of my parents and my childhood.

Please make sure you visit your parents and your old relatives this CNY. My parents had passed away years ago so as usual I will be visiting their graves to greet them.

For those whose parents are still around, please do not forget them this CNY.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Just got back from my dinner. My siblings and relatives and friends are playing mahjong and the rest are sitting down and chatting away.

The study mama and her son were made very welcome and after dinner, they left to clean up their own home. They promise to pay my sister a visit on Monday.

I told my siblings I gotta go back and attend to some stuff.

I'll be here on-line, till late and if anybody want to chat, please use this thread to do so for the next few hours.

Cheers.

Thanks Mr Guest for the instructions. Will try it another day. Anyway I type really slow with only two fingers and I w i l l b e c h a t t i n g real s l o w.... :lol:

Thanls OralB for your tech support just now. Got it and now 167 CNY SMS greetings sent out.

Wow, chocalate fondu....makes me fat just thinking of it.....

So I have already send out my CNY SMS greetings.....so what am I gonna do. Maybe I will write a little about how I enjoyed CNYs when I was younger. You guys chip in as well.....Will post it a lttle later.

I remember during my younger days, I have both likes and dislikes for CNY. Likes are the collection of angpows. dislikes was to travel all over singapore to visit relatives. relatives that you only visit once a year, have to listen to all their stories and stuff... (boring)

The above ad that I was so moved by reminded me of my grandmother.

More than 40 years ago, she lived in an old attap house in a Chinese kampong by herself. She had three daughters which she basically brought up by herself, my grandfather having died from a severe beating by some Hakka villagers in Pontian Johore, when the kids were all very young.

She brought her three young daughters to Singapore after that and she basically raised by herself.

My earliest memories of Chinese New Year was visiting her on the first day of Chinese New Year. My family were living in an old house near Jalan Besar then. My father had an old Austin and the whole family with seven children would visit my maternal grandmother on New Year's Day.

We would be wearing new clothes and for me black leather shoes - or perhaps synthetic leather shoes. At her place, we would get ang pow made from plain red paper that would stain your clothings if it get wet. I remember getting a few coins, perhaps twenty or fifty cents in those ang pows.

I would be allowed to drink a whole bottle of Green Spot or F&N orange. After the drinking my brothers would bring me outside to play with fire crackers. One of the reasons why fire crackers were eventually banned was becuase some of the attap house caught fire because of the indiscrimate throwing of them.

Guest GayUncle

I feel rather strange, more aptly kinda sad, celebrating cny this year. I am surrounded with feelings for the lost loved ones - families and friends. And then, there is your thread, Lungker - about your kind and sincere invites for reunion dinner and now making a point to all to visit parents.

How I just wish that we live life to appreciate each other and with love all throughout the years.

I also just finished dinner with my family. After dinner i prepared chocolate fundu with fruits for them. They all love it. smile.

Hmmm, I thought the chocolate fondue could only be found at Haagen Dasz and it's so expensive some more, but Yishun could also prepare it ....... :thumb:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Oops...doze off for a little while. Thanks for the kind words Gay Uncle. me also gay uncle. :P

I am going to my sis place for a second round of steamboat - that woman's steamboat last for two days! with the amount of ingredients she bought. :lol: She even have 5 kg of frozen prawns in my freezer because hers is full. She lives only a par 4 away...about 300 metres.

You guys take care and I'll be back a little later.

She lives only a par 4 away...about 300 metres.

Lungker, 300m? It's quite short par 4 lah :blink:

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Me back! Yep, finished all the prawns...but there is still another 5 kg in my freezer...haha

Gay uncle, me not fat not lean, someone says I look like Taiwanese gangster with short crew cut hair....

CG....300 metres not long par 4 I agree but definitely cannot be par 3.... :lol: just to let you salivate a bit, I have in my posession the latest Taylor Made R7 Superquad Driver.... :P Gonna devirginify it at Legend on Wednesday.... :lol:

Nope. Eastern boy/man/uncle/ah pek soon all my life.

Goodnight people...me at the end of my shift here :D Gotta go shower and then watch the Man U vs reading game at 1 am.

You guys have a Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Take care.

I like the video. It bring back memories of my granny who past away on the 3rd day of Chinese New Year few years ago. I was her favourite grandson and she dots on me.

Watching the clip brought tears to my eyes. Damit.

I pray that she is in a better place now.

For those who have love ones. Do treasure them, because they are all you've got. Once they are gone, there are only memories.

The song playing on the clip was called 約定 (Appointment / Date / Meeting) it is by 光良Guang Liang.

Hi Guys, Happy New Year.

After seeing the clip, I feel sad because I miss my parents - they are not longer here here anymore. Miss my mum's cooking , miss walking with her home after her work. I do pray that they are well in the other world....... Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

@ 8.10am

GM, I am sorry the vid clip made you sad. I was extremely touched by it too. Nevermind, make sure you go home today and make your parents real happy. Want to bring me along? :o I am very good with older people. :P Let your parents get another son mah? :lol:

To everyone here.....Happy visiting!! Be nice today to everyone you meet ok? Get more ang pows. Win more money gambling. :lol:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Never mind lah Guest @ 9.03 am.

For today, just do the things that you think will make them happy....like visiting your siblings or visiting your parents' siblings.

Like you my parents had passed away quite a while back. So I just make sure I take care of my siblings, one or two of them were struggling financially a few years ago. I brought lots of stuffs for them during CNY - the time when everyone was supposed to have lots of money and spend like crazy. For the financially strapped, this can be a depressing holiday.

On a lighter note, just returned from sis's place to greet them Happy CNY and saw my American niece chomping on a sandwich made with my Lim Chee Guan's bak kwa!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! She was treating the LCG bak kwa like a piece of ham wrapping it between two slices of bread!! :lol:

Remember this greeting ?

KONG HEE FATT CHOY

Many many years ago, this greeting was the norm in almost all CNY greeting cards. It died after the govt. 's directives to stress hanyu pin ying on everything Chinese :( This greeting is unique to Singapore because it is a combination of Hokkien and Cantonese. The first two syllables are Hokkien and the last two is Cantonese.

:smokin: :hat:

See ya later. Gotta go visiting.

Hi Lungker

Happy Piggy Year!

I am one of those who enjoy reading your posts here. They are often fun and interesting to read.

After a long absence, I am glad to see you back here, and "painting this forum red" with your CNY related postings!

This thread urging fellow gay brothers to visit parents and old relatives is indeed a nice and meaningful thought, contrary to the sentiments of many others who detested CNY.

I suppose I am saying this because my mum has gone to heaven two years ago. And I certainly miss having her around especially during this time as CNY is no more the same without her anymore...

So the pont is: treasure your parents and old relatives while they are still around.

Anyway, here's a toast to you, Lungker, our Big Brother:

Hope you have a healthy and prosperous new year, and in the spirit of this forum, a year of Tao Hua Yun (literally, peach blossoms fortune). :lol:

Gong Xi, Gong Xi.

You know,.. when old parents were around, theay were the one who would prepare the reunion dinner every year, and all the sibling and their children would meet at this time and b very happy? Now that they r gone every siblings hold their own reunion dinner. Only do visting among each other. Its a different atmosphere. I too missed my parents. Regrerts never learn thier delicious cooking. I would have cook as good as them if Id learn...

Well.. life goes on... Xin Nian Kuai Le.. Or like Lunker said the old fashion way...

KONG HEE FATT CHOY!!

Don't worry, Be happy

Speaking for myself and my siblings, although our parents have passed away, we still make it a point to get together for reunion dinner.

At first it was at the ancestral home, a large house in the East. At that time, there were three siblings still staying there so it was the logical choice.

After that place was sold, it became was like one sibling after another taking turns to host the dinner. However after 3 of us eventually settled in Tampines, it was decided that the dinner would be held permanently at one of my sisiter's place. This sister and the American sister combined together to buy this huge flat so it just became the by default the ancestral home again.

And I live by myself in a three room flat just a short distance away.

I strongly believe no one need to spend CNY eve alone if they do not want to. I am sure if these people are alone and their friends or relatives knew, they will surely be invited to join them for dinner.

Having said that, some people just want to spend that time alone. I respect their decision because there was a year I did that. A brother (an alcoholic), just one year older than me had a huge quarrel with me over his lack of responsibility to his wife and children. He was still staying at the family home then. And it was just two weks before CNY.

I later told my other siblings that I would not be joining them for dinner that year. My sisters and a few brothers called me to change my mind but I refused to relent. That brother whom I had a quarrel with even ask his wife to call me but I refused to go. A few good friends who knew that I would be eating alone that night had also invited me to join their families for dinner but I declined.

I ended up preparing and eating steamboat alone that night. So what? No big deal. I had good stuffs like abalone, prawns, scallops etc. My brother and I made up later and we became quite friendly to each other again. He died a few years later from liver cirrhosis and his wife and children whom my siblings and I are close to, still join us for dinner every year.

Just got back. Going to take a short nap and then going out later. Cheers!!!

Seeing my cousin's kid, my nephews & nieces all grown up each year, really makes me feel that how time flies.

And seeing my mother toiling in the kitchen preparing meals for the reunion and the 1st day of New Year. Make me feel her love she has for all of us, as she tries her best each year to bring good food to us. As usual, the food my mom prepares was sumptuous and delicious as ever.

It makes me wonder, after she is gone, who would bring the family together for the reunion?

And as usual, every year, I will have my headaches (real headaches), as the day progresses. I wonder why? Does it have something to do with the noise and the activities around me or is it some sub-conscious thing? I remember I would scream at my young cousins, my nephews & nieces for them to be quiet during festive occasion when I was still living with my parents. I think I might be noise intolerant. :D

Can, but lets get together with some golf kakis first. Want to pm me and we can take it from there? Also, there is this chap call GolfAmateur. If you are reading this too, pls om me if you guys want to have a game this coming week. Suggest Malaysia - Legends or Palm resort.

Oh yes Lungker, that’s a great and I appreciate it. It would be the 1st BW golfing event, It can be in JB, Batam or local here (Sembawang CC has reasonable green fees or in my local club, weekday morning).

Tomorrow morning I am off to Bangkok for 5 days golfing trip too, after touch down, immediately going to play at Lakewood CC, just next to Suvarnabhumi airport and I’ve sent you a PM.

PS. Sorry guys we are off topic.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Finishing my second reunion dinner 2 hours ago. I am the host every year.

You know....Being single and have to prepare for reunion dinner is not easy.!! You have to do groceries shopping two days in advance as wet market dont open after that. Wake up early to prepare for the day. Cook and all that. After that got to cleann up the house when all the sibling n the kids left. Its so tiring. Now I can have a my own "quality" time with my bf... hehe

Don't worry, Be happy

• 1 month later...

This may come a few months too late, but it's always better late than never! OK! Truth is, I just bumped into this thread started by Lungker.

The ad the he posted was done by Petronas for CNY every year. While it's touching in its own way, this

is the ultimate tear-jerker for me. I strongly suggest everyone to go watch it. Much to be learned from such short a clip really. :)

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

SD, you are correct, it is a very moving video. Kudos to Petronas for using their advertising budget to make such moving videos year after year for Hari raya and Chinese New Year.

For those who want to watch more of such Petronas videos, go to YOUtube and search for "Petronas Hari Raya," or "Petronas Chinese New Year." Enjoy.

Went to A'Famosa to play golf yesterday. Later, my friends drove to Malacca Town for lunch and I am very pleasantly surprised. I had not been to Malacca for over ten years, and I am glad to say I am very impressed.

Jalan Hang Jebat where we had lunch was a real eye opener. Reminded me of Singapore 30 years ago. Brought back really good memories.

Will try to visit again, this time for a few days instead of a few hours. I think it is a excellent place to slowly browse around.

:hat: :smokin:

Guest Guest

lungker,while in malacca did you visit the gay sauna?Tell me more about this sauna met a uncle in DHC few months ago said it is mixed crowd.

Sorry, I did not even know there are gay saunas in Malacca. :lol:

In any case, I was with a bunch of straight guys, one of whom is a super delicious uncle that I had not met before. In the locker room after the game, he took off all his clothes in front of me and I nearly had a heart attack! :P

The rest of the day, I was trying to get to know him better and he said he would invite me for another game soon. :D

In my next life, I want to be re-born as a beautiful woman. :lol:

Guest Guest

lungker, did you secretly take his photo form your h/p.I can imgaine this uncle strip to nake with his dick hanging out ready for you to put in your mouth and caress his pot belly!

No lah, I not so daring to take pics in the locker room lah. Want me to die ah? :lol:

But that uncle was really really cute. Big beefy and stout in a very manly sort of way with a beer belly and a sausage that although soft, was really long and extremely THICK! The head was already slightly protruding out of the foreskin! Mama Mia! :P And very nice round plumpish butt that I could eat all day. Yummy.

• Guest locked this topic