Male HQ

Some Hope(:

cmpb

yes it's true. I wonder why lesbians are more accepted than gays even in western world. sometimes it makes me feel indignant..

actually it has nothing to do with lesbians are being more accepted by others. The video is merely portraying another type of stereotype: Gender stereotype. Women are less able to defend themselves and it is wrong for men to bully women. So more people who willing to 'rescue' women.

actually it has nothing to do with lesbians are being more accepted by others. The video is merely portraying another type of stereotype: Gender stereotype. Women are less able to defend themselves and it is wrong for men to bully women. So more people who willing to 'rescue' women.

I'm not only talking about this video. It's true that lesbians are more accepted in the society than gays, i've seen too often a lesbian couple openly holding each other's hands in public places or even hugging and kissing, while a gay couple doing so is a very rare sight. Once I was out with my female friends and we saw a gay couple holding each other's hands, they all then commented something like "yuck, so disgusting. I'm still okay with a lesbian couple behaving intimately in public, but gays? makes me wanna puke". They didn't know that I was a gay so I was a bit insulted and angry that time..

I'm not only talking about this video. It's true that lesbians are more accepted in the society than gays, i've seen too often a lesbian couple openly holding each other's hands in public places or even hugging and kissing, while a gay couple doing so is a very rare sight. Once I was out with my female friends and we saw a gay couple holding each other's hands, they all then commented something like "yuck, so disgusting. I'm still okay with a lesbian couple behaving intimately in public, but gays? makes me wanna puke". They didn't know that I was a gay so I was a bit insulted and angry that time..

I guess its due to what society is more familiar with. Women tend to have this bond whereby they're emotional instincts take over, and we often see them being affectionate to one another using physical contact like hugging and touching (not in a sexual way). They have the gift of empathy and they are just able to "feel" more than guys do, enabling them to reach out to other people, in (probably) a maternal way. So because this is seen in our world so often, I think the mindset of society is just conditioned into thinking that women are, more or less, allowed to be close to one another.

very heartfelt indeed. But I do find it funny, and its pretty much true, that people seem to be more tolerant of lesbians than gays.

A pity, but I agree. I see more of lesbians showing p.d.a.

:rolleyes:

"When You Judge Another, You Do Not Define Them, You Define Your SELF" 

I guess its due to what society is more familiar with. Women tend to have this bond whereby they're emotional instincts take over, and we often see them being affectionate to one another using physical contact like hugging and touching (not in a sexual way). They have the gift of empathy and they are just able to "feel" more than guys do, enabling them to reach out to other people, in (probably) a maternal way. So because this is seen in our world so often, I think the mindset of society is just conditioned into thinking that women are, more or less, allowed to be close to one another.

This is a very intelligent comment. It's true..the society is accustomed to seeing women to be more physical in expressing their emotions. men on the other hand showing physical manifestation of affection in public are considered soft and effeminate.

I saw this vid quite some time ago, and even till now it still makes me cry.

It also got me thinking, what would happen if this were to happen in Singapore? Would Singaporeans stand up against the bullies? or would they stand aside? Because essentially the issue here is discrimination and bullying

I saw this vid quite some time ago, and even till now it still makes me cry. It also got me thinking, what would happen if this were to happen in Singapore? Would Singaporeans stand up against the bullies? or would they stand aside? Because essentially the issue here is discrimination and bullying

i would imagine people watching show luhh

but somehow i feel more empowered to do smth about it.. :lol:

guys, it's Singapore we're talking about. to be honest, no one will say anything if they see a gay couple holding hands in the streets. it's not because Singaporeans are nice, but because we can't be bothered to say anything.

the worst that could happen would be murmurs and weird stares... and there's so much better than to face that shit (however staged it might be) in that video.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

• Guest locked this topic