Male HQ

Windows Messenger

Guest PSS

Need help, i log in .NET Messenger Service ( Windows Messenger Version 4.7 ), after log out, all those email address have been store & save in the box, i try to go option & try to delete or disable the function but can't find it, hate the new version of msn messenger, anyone know how to get rid of those email address that has been store?

Thanks

Guest IkuTube

hehe - ok, i assume that you are intending to delete/remove the email account in windows messenger 4.7.

[as far as i know, in windows live - not sure of msn messenger though, that you can actually remove email account by click "Forget me" on the Sign-in windows]

Try these steps:

A. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\****\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials

**** = name of administrator or the username which you want to delete the .net/msn password

Delete the Credentials folder. Once deleted, reboot your computer.

or if you do not want to store permanently, go to B.

B. Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policy > Security Options

On the right, right click for Properties on Network Access: Do not allow storage of credentials etc etc. Choose Enable.

Err, hope this works.

Regards.

Guest IkuTube
i think what PSS meant is after he log out, he do not want to see the email or contact details.

but when he log in, the emails will appear.

Hehe, actually i was a lil confused - hence the question about the drop down menu. Now, feeling jialat for him, and hopefully he has not done anything yet.

To PSS:

Go Here and download the program 'ListCleaner'. On this page, click on the download and search for the file.

If you decide to download this file, please play safe and scan with your antivirus program before you install it into your system.

Regards.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.