Male HQ

Beautiful & Emo Songs We Remember That Stays With Us (Compiled)

oralb

This song maybe as old as 22 years ago, but it holds alot of truth about growing up, impermenance, and seeing things as they are.

Very poetically written, a tired and jaded soul. walks through life and its many suffering and seeing mutiforms of illusions

Tired of everything, he walks alone in a park during autumn, takes off his shoes and sit on a bench, and submerge in his own loneliness and solitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RebxxDLvoGk

I was very attracted to this song when I was a kid, who was not able to comprehend the meaning what Joni Mitchell was trying to convey. But one venture into life, you will reached to a point where you finally understand and feel the meaning of the lyrics.

About the illusions of love, life, friends and people you thought you knew well, once upon a time

Both Sides Now...

This was originally Joni Mitchell's version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNWJ9Ed82g

Then came Judy Collin who popularized the song in the woodstock favour...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jGFu7ys64

I was very attracted to this song when I was a kid, who was not able to comprehend the meaning what Joni Mitchell was trying to convey. But one venture into life, you will reached to a point where you finally understand and feel the meaning of the lyrics.

About the illusions of love, life, friends and people you thought you knew well, once upon a time

Both Sides Now...

This was originally Joni Mitchell's version

Then came Judy Collin who popularized the song in the woodstock favour...

Have you heard this duet by Clannad & Paul Young before?

I kinda like their version best...

Have you heard this duet by Clannad & Paul Young before?

I kinda like their version best...

Hey thanks a million!! I was looking high and low for their version ! It was used as the song played at the end of a movie when they rolled the credits.

Thanks a million !!

You may want to listen to this version...the song becomes more real with the pictures used

Edited by TheVisitors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luBhfV-i7lA

This song... is for the guy I recently had a crush on. I used to like straight guys & ended up upset, and now that I know more gay people, I actually liked someone with a boyfriend already. I'm so stupid, but well this song is like my anthem now... also apt how the song is upbeat with a sad theme; just like how I put on a smile in front of everyone when I'm so sad inside.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

Hey thanks a million!! I was looking high and low for their version ! It was used as the song played at the end of a movie when they rolled the credits.

Thanks a million !!

You may want to listen to this version...the song becomes more real with the pictures used

You are most welcome and thanks for sharing this picturesque version.

The end credits you were referring to must be from the movie Switch of 1991.

Do you like this other duet of yester-years?

You are most welcome and thanks for sharing this picturesque version.

The end credits you were referring to must be from the movie Switch of 1991.

Yes I do. Lyrics of yester years songs are more meaningful truthful and real. They have a story attached to them, and the tune allows one's mind to imagine beyond the boundaries of creation, suspending all disbeliefs.

Besides reading and experiencing life out there, music is one of the major source where I reach out for knowledge, wisdom, and inspirations. I get more insights from music, than talking to a human, most of the time.

And lets say I have heard and remembered 2000 songs/music in my subconscious. When I am in a particular phrase of my life, one particular music will emerge from my subconscious, to parallel and vibrate along with the emotions attached to that phrase. When I listen to it repeatedly, it seems to provide me some insight and guidance I need at that point.

Does it sense to you?

Btw, you may want to search more into Barbara Dickson's works. She is really an underated singer. Her lastest albumn - Nothing's gonna change my World - complies all the Beatles' works. She was praised profusely by them for her renditions which took them by surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luBhfV-i7lA

This song... is for the guy I recently had a crush on. I used to like straight guys & ended up upset, and now that I know more gay people, I actually liked someone with a boyfriend already. I'm so stupid, but well this song is like my anthem now... also apt how the song is upbeat with a sad theme; just like how I put on a smile in front of everyone when I'm so sad inside.

Haha.

11 years ago,I was addicted to Itshak Perlman's version of "My Foolish Heart" - as what the song title implies- falling in Love/ getting involved with someone who is already attached , but who is never meant to be yours.

I was involved with someone 7yrs older, who was with his bf for 6years. They bought a house, a car together, but the chemistry between them slowly died.

When we first met at a gathering 11 yrs, even he was with him, our eyes just met, and we were very drawn to each other, for some strange reason, as thought we knew each other, somewhere before.

To cut short, we did had an affair for almost 2yrs behind his bf's back. Part of me knew it was very wrong, and I ran away from him many times, but he came coming and begging me back.

During the last four months, I went through a very painful phrase, to go or to stay on. Deep inside, I knew I was very unfair to his bf. I kept listening to this song over and over again, as thought asking for some advise or guidance, what should I do.

My mind says go, but my heart kept telling me to stay.

Finally, I wrote and post him a letter telling him why I choose to go, and told him, to take care of himself and never never must he look for me again. I even cut off my hp number.

5 yrs ago, he suddenly shocked me when he appeared infront of me out of the blue in HMV. Althought he is attached to someone new, he still kept the letter I wrote 6 yrs ago, and was puzzled and sad that why did I just flee out of the sudden.

And I told him the truth. I cant reveal here what it is, as I have to protect the identities of some people.

Finally he understood what really happened and why I choose to go.

Tonight,as i listened to this piece of music, like once I did 11 yrs ago, I am glad that I made the right decision.

In life, someone will just share a phrase in your life, but they are not meant to be with you, always.

Edited by TheVisitors

Haha.

11 years ago,I was addicted to Itshak Perlman's version of "My Foolish Heart" - as what the song title implies- falling in Love/ getting involved with someone who is already attached , but who is never meant to be yours.

I was involved with someone 7yrs older, who was with his bf for 6years. They bought a house, a car together, but the chemistry between them slowly died.

When we first met at a gathering 11 yrs, even he was with him, our eyes just met, and we were very drawn to each other, for some strange reason, as thought we knew each other, somewhere before.

To cut short, we did had an affair for almost 2yrs behind his bf's back. Part of me knew it was very wrong, and I ran away from him many times, but he came coming and begging me back.

During the last four months, I went through a very painful phrase, to go or to stay on. Deep inside, I knew I was very unfair to his bf. I kept listening to this song over and over again, as thought asking for some advise or guidance, what should I do.

My mind says go, but my heart kept telling me to stay.

Finally, I wrote and post him a letter telling him why I choose to go, and told him, to take care of himself and never never must he look for me again. I even cut off my hp number.

5 yrs ago, he suddenly shocked me when he appeared infront of me out of the blue in HMV. Althought he is attached to someone new, he still kept the letter I wrote 6 yrs ago, and was puzzled and sad that why did I just flee out of the sudden.

And I told him the truth. I cant reveal here what it is, as I have to protect the identities of some people.

Finally he understood what really happened and why I choose to go.

Tonight,as i listened to this piece of music, like once I did 11 yrs ago, I am glad that I made the right decision.

In life, someone will just share a phrase in your life, but they are not meant to be with you, always.

Hahaha, you know what, once again you made sense again.

I guess that there always will be people around who cross your road but are not meant to be with you~ It's okay though... I didn't do much too, just talked to him on MSN lol...

Yes I do. Lyrics of yester years songs are more meaningful truthful and real. They have a story attached to them, and the tune allows one's mind to imagine beyond the boundaries of creation, suspending all disbeliefs.

Erm, that really depends.

Like many of the Duran Duran's songs of the 80s,

I still haven't a clue what were they trying to convey in "Union Of The Snake". LOL

Btw, you may want to search more into Barbara Dickson's works. She is really an underated singer. Her lastest albumn - Nothing's gonna change my World - complies all the Beatles' works. She was praised profusely by them for her renditions which took them by surprise.

Thanks for sharing again,

will check out this other Barbara. :)

一代妖姬 崔苔菁

作詞:孫儀 

作曲:湯尼 (翁清溪)

愛神 愛神 嗚

在哪裡 在哪裡 不要隱藏你自己

要高興 要歡喜 愛神已經找到你

真的情 真的意 不要埋在你心裡

要接受 要珍惜 愛神已經找到你

讓我們在一起 做一對好情侶

說出你心裡話 拋開那煩惱憂慮

在此時 在此刻 這裡有我也有你

要開心 要得意 愛神已經找到你

Edited by snowball

I actually find this to be subpar in comparison to other works by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush. Not necessarily an insult to the song itself, simply because both artists are wonderful souls who have experimented to come up with some of the best music of the yester-years. 'Don't Give Up', as good as it is, has no choice but to be pale in comparison.

I am lately on the power ballad mood. If you hear this song blaring from some commuter's iPod in the past two weeks, you can be ascertained that it was me:

Slash's guitar work is terrific, not just technically but emotionally too.

Edited by derryfawne

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

A long time ago in my teens, a Hkg guy gave me a cd by Spencer Brewer, just before he left after finishig his contract working here for 3 years.

Both of us agreed the most beautiful piece of piano solo work was Portrait.

Sort of a very nostalgic feeling as one flips through a pile of past pictures and photos, which all of them are bits and pieces of one's history and autobiography.

Thus tonight as I was packing to move to my new premises, and I was flipping through all my past photos, I was playing this piece repeatedly over my player.

Nice memories gives anyone that warm nostalgic feeling, wishing I was back in time again....sign...

And i think I must have mispaced the music score for this piece which I often play over the piano...damn

Edited by TheVisitors

sorry, not sure how to insert the video here, but hope u folks enjoy the music from the link.

you can insert the video by just copying and pasting the url ( web address of the youtube video ). =)

Art makes the world go round! Love is the entirety of it!

blog: www.confusedfella.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7XAruOcwiw&feature=related

So what if it hurts me?

So what it I break down?

So what if this world just throws me off the edge,

My feet run out of ground

I gotta find my place

I wanna hear my sound

Don’t care about all the pain in front of me

I just trying to be happy

Edited by snowball

大陸新聞中心╱綜合報導

一首《廁所女神》讓出道6年的創作女歌手植村花菜爆紅,除了登上日本NHK紅白歌唱大賽,這首歌也已紅出日本,在大陸的微博和網路上瘋傳。大陸網友將其封為「2010年年度最感人歌曲」,因為歌曲中所表達的濃濃情感,讓許多80、90後的網友想到童年,也想到離鄉背井的心酸。

其實,植村花菜已默默在日本演藝圈中奮鬥6年,一曲自創、紀念奶奶的《廁所女神》,才讓她嚐到走紅滋味。這首長達10分鐘的歌曲中,述說的是她和奶奶一起生活的感人故事,包括奶奶為了哄她打掃廁所,就告訴她只要天天打掃,就可以像「廁所女神」一樣美麗。

不過,植村花菜就像其他的年輕人一樣,進入青春期後開始頂撞奶奶,也不再相信「廁所女神」,甚至拋下了奶奶去了大城市發展;最後,即使返鄉探視病重的奶奶,也是匆匆離去,沒有見到奶奶的最後一面。植村花菜發行專輯後,不僅征服日本人的耳朵,就連大陸網友都為之融化。

看著中文字幕,聽著植村花菜哽咽獻唱,就不難了解這首歌為何被稱作「每聽必哭」的原因。

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkN-WrZwRc

這首歌曲傳上大陸微博和網站後,引發網友瘋狂點擊和轉載,並將它譽為2010年年度最感人歌曲。「人為什麼總要去傷害別人?總要錯失最重要的東西?」曲中濃厚的懊悔之情,讓不少80、90後的網友深受感動。有人說,自小也聽過大人說過不少類似「廁所女神」的善意謊言;也有人回想到自己離鄉背井的心酸,感嘆很想回家抱抱家人。

植村花菜小檔案

1983年1月4日出生於關西,是日本創作型女歌手。歌曲主要為吉他風格。她擅長用吉他彈奏出悅耳輕快,富有優美動感的旋律。

8歲時觀看經典音樂電影《真善美》(The Sound of Music)對音樂產生興趣,渴望成為歌手。18歲高中畢業後進入大阪音樂專門學校進修。2002年,開始學習吉他,並且開始創作歌曲在街頭演出。

2004年發行第一張地下唱片,2005年正式出道。2011年1月,因為《廁所女神》爆紅,登上日本最有影響力的「紅白歌唱大賽」。

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

I lay awake sometimes

Scared to close my eyes

And I wonder where I left myself

I lost the will to fly

And the night melts into morning

Still it's cold beneath the sun

'Cause the fire in me's languishing

And I'm too frozen to run

Every once in a while

There's a distant glimmer of hope

I find

Somewhere deep inside

Someone strong still resides

And I know she's gonna be fine

In time

'Cause you see

I've got a lot to dream

There's more than this for me

An angel lands with broken wings

Warms me with his eyes

And the ice that sheaths around my heart

Unravel as he smiles

See I grew up locked in sorrow

So I learned to block the pain

But I won't give up tomorrow

'Cause I've come to life again

Every once in a while

I find

Somewhere deep inside

And I know I'm gonna be fine

That's right

'Cause for real

I've got a right to dream

But I keep on going 'cause

Every once in a while

I find

Somewhere deep inside

And I know she's gonna be fine

In time

'Cause you see

I've got a right to dream

Art makes the world go round! Love is the entirety of it!

blog: www.confusedfella.blogspot.com

大陸新聞中心╱綜合報導

一首《廁所女神》讓出道6年的創作女歌手植村花菜爆紅,除了登上日本NHK紅白歌唱大賽,這首歌也已紅出日本,在大陸的微博和網路上瘋傳。大陸網友將其封為「2010年年度最感人歌曲」,因為歌曲中所表達的濃濃情感,讓許多80、90後的網友想到童年,也想到離鄉背井的心酸。

其實,植村花菜已默默在日本演藝圈中奮鬥6年,一曲自創、紀念奶奶的《廁所女神》,才讓她嚐到走紅滋味。這首長達10分鐘的歌曲中,述說的是她和奶奶一起生活的感人故事,包括奶奶為了哄她打掃廁所,就告訴她只要天天打掃,就可以像「廁所女神」一樣美麗。

不過,植村花菜就像其他的年輕人一樣,進入青春期後開始頂撞奶奶,也不再相信「廁所女神」,甚至拋下了奶奶去了大城市發展;最後,即使返鄉探視病重的奶奶,也是匆匆離去,沒有見到奶奶的最後一面。植村花菜發行專輯後,不僅征服日本人的耳朵,就連大陸網友都為之融化。

看著中文字幕,聽著植村花菜哽咽獻唱,就不難了解這首歌為何被稱作「每聽必哭」的原因。

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkN-WrZwRc

這首歌曲傳上大陸微博和網站後,引發網友瘋狂點擊和轉載,並將它譽為2010年年度最感人歌曲。「人為什麼總要去傷害別人?總要錯失最重要的東西?」曲中濃厚的懊悔之情,讓不少80、90後的網友深受感動。有人說,自小也聽過大人說過不少類似「廁所女神」的善意謊言;也有人回想到自己離鄉背井的心酸,感嘆很想回家抱抱家人。

Thank you, I enjoy very much, very nice song !

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.