Male HQ

How To Look For A Soul Mate / Boyfriend? (Compiled)

Guest youngboyy

Swimming Pool, Chinese New Year House Party, Dinner Party, Dance Club, Chill-out Bar, Gym, Dragon Boat Team, Church, Choir and Online.

Hey, am not ruling out these places... just that, it's probably good to share experiences in the forum... and yea, exceptions do happen. There are good ideas in this list.... didn't know Dragot Boat is one of the "AJ" activities... I have a colleague who's an avid dragon boat-er... and he's single in his mid 30s... hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Personally, I haven't met up with a hundred guys yet, so am still going with the flow, and enjoying the journey...

Guest Raymond
Wuz wondering - to the singles out there.... do you find it hard to meet your soulmate? Anyone got any advice to share? Based on your experience? Where to meet good, decent, like minded guys?

thumbs up to -raymond-'s comment. agree agree agree.

-guest- above: ooh! when i was in primary 4 i had a crush on this prefect guy in primary 6.

(sorry lah, couldn't resist.)

mcbealz: uh so which age group do you belong to? pre-golden-age, golden-age, or post-golden-age?

i find it hard to believe you have not met 100 gay guys. how many "friends" do you have on facebook?

i'm not talking about going on 100 dates. i am talking about just being introduced to 100 (gay) guys.

one thing i forgot to say in my first comment is that soul-mates don't come ready made. they don't just drop into your arms from heaven. all you get to start off with is some potential and the hope of a promise. you need time to grow and nurture them. and it is the time you spend together than is an important factor in how long you will stay together in the future. and just because a seed is small and shrivelled doesn't mean that it can't produce big and juicy fruit.

If you can't even have a friend for a dinner or a night you are never going to get to the 8th year.

One night leads to two, then maybe a week, then a couple of months. There will be some ups and downs and days when you doubt if he really is the one. Other days you will not be able to imagine being any happier. Soon the years will add up and before you know it you have a soul-mate who has been with you for 25 years.

Edited by hiaoshu

Yea, am sure there will be the ocassional "lucky" or "fated" or whateva you call it situations where you meet the ONE in the sauna.. or in clubs.. or wherever... I dun deny it won't happen, just that.... chances are too rare.

However, we shouldn't give up. Good things are hard to find, and it's only after we've gone through difficult times, then we learn to appreciate the good things in life....

I'm very much in the golden age, by the way.... and like I say, and am sure others feel the same way too.. that we don't want to wait till it's too late, before we do something about it.. then there will be lots of compromise from our side. So while we are still "golden".... betta work more to find what we want :)

And yes - I haven't met 100 gay guys yet.... friends, potential, dates, or even acquaintances... maybe.... 30ish so far?

Guest Marad44
...not the prefect guy...minus here plus there...overall still pass and being together for 7yrs.
Practical guy who knows the formula for success. Best wishes Guest.

Guest Marad44
...he can be your neighbor who lives a few doors away, the guy you've never noticed at the bus stop, or even the guy who kept standing next to you every morning when you are on the train...
Raymond puts it beautifully, with a touch of Hollywood ~ while looking across the street, love slips past by your side..

Raymond puts it beautifully, with a touch of Hollywood ~ while looking across the street, love slips past by your side..

Hmmm..... well, then it's usually only the viewers and spectators who are able to notice such things happening. The "star" of the show will normally only realise this after when it's too late.... :wub:

Guest fairy story

Wuz wondering - to the singles out there.... do you find it hard to meet your soulmate? Anyone got any advice to share? Based on your experience? Where to meet good, decent, like minded guys?

Most people cannot find their soulmate because they always looked into the mirror and hoped the soulmate will come out from there. Just like a witch who looked into the mirror hoping what will come out is someone pretty.....

Are you the "mirror, mirror on the wall" type?

Guest MirrorupUrAss

Most people cannot find their soulmate because they always looked into the mirror and hoped the soulmate will come out from there. Just like a witch who looked into the mirror hoping what will come out is someone pretty.....

Are you the "mirror, mirror on the wall" type?

We are talking about soul connection, not about looks. You must be one hell of a blind ugly witch who couldn't understand the nature of this thread

Most people cannot find their soulmate because they always looked into the mirror and hoped the soulmate will come out from there. Just like a witch who looked into the mirror hoping what will come out is someone pretty..... Are you the "mirror, mirror on the wall" type?

Hmm... I truly agree with your sentiments. For one thing, a lot of people has this "value" or "price" tagged to themselves, and expect a certain equivalent (if not higher) price / value on their partner. The flaw in this pattern is that, most people overestimate their own price, and then they expect a lot more from their partner. And what becomes worse, is that the price is generally determined by the physical outlooks (ie body, size, looks.. etc)

Well, I must say that I'm partially guilty in that manner - who isnt? Most people want a prince charming.... most people want someone good looking to shower them with love... straight or gay. And that's reality.

And that's why - we sometimes have to look deep into the mirror, and see for ourselves - are we really "worth" that much? Should we be true and honest to ourselves and strip off the price tag... and go with just the feel?

We are talking about soul connection, not about looks. You must be one hell of a blind ugly witch who couldn't understand the nature of this thread

haha.. that's hilarious.... I think we are just generalising.... but if we were to ask this question - what is more important -

a) Soul connection with someone whom you can't be together with, unless you turn off the lights, or

b) No soul connection - with someone so gorgeous you will do anything for him...

Guest Marad44

... a lot of people has this "value" or "price" tagged to themselves, and expect a certain equivalent (if not higher) price / value on their partner...
Interesting point mcbealz but would you agree that one should know his measurements before he shops for a suit? Isn't not knowing the price tag why guys end up with the wrong picks & wasted time? My impression is, the guy who knows his worth and his expectation is better able to filter out the un-matching ones and focus on the short-list. Regards, Marad

... Most people want a prince charming.... most people want someone good looking to shower them with love...

a) Soul connection with someone whom you can't be together with, unless you turn off the lights, or

b) No soul connection - with someone so gorgeous you will do anything for him...

hello again mcbealz.

may i clarify your thinking a bit?

is being good-looking and showering you with love an essential part of being a "soul-mate"?

for you?

for "most people"?

i'm just trying to be clear about what you mean by "soul-mate"?

is it the "connection" or is it the "looks and showering"?

and where does sexual intimacy fit in? in your opinion can a "soul-mate" be platonic?

Interesting point mcbealz but would you agree that one should know his measurements before he shops for a suit? Isn't not knowing the price tag why guys end up with the wrong picks & wasted time? My impression is, the guy who knows his worth and his expectation is better able to filter out the un-matching ones and focus on the short-list. Regards, Marad

Yes, Marad. You are so true. It helps when a person is clear on what he wants and what he can offer. However, in this society, we meet a lot of people who is not only unclear of what he wants, but he is totally "OFF" when thinking what he has to offer.

I'm not saying I'm one of them, or not... but I hope I am grounded enough to take criticism, to see what I can offer, and to learn that we should only expect something from others, if we are willing to offer something of similar value.

Makes sense ar?

hello again mcbealz.

may i clarify your thinking a bit?

is being good-looking and showering you with love an essential part of being a "soul-mate"?

for you?

for "most people"?

i'm just trying to be clear about what you mean by "soul-mate"?

is it the "connection" or is it the "looks and showering"?

and where does sexual intimacy fit in? in your opinion can a "soul-mate" be platonic?

Oooh.. I'm so glad that people contributing to the forum actually brings up great points.

In my opinion, there's no "good looking" or "showering with love" criteria when I look for a soulmate. However, I just notice that some people want it, but they may not necessarily get it.

And for me - can a soul mate be platonic? I must say that he/she certainly can be my soulmate and we still can have a platonic relationship.

However, I think I probably should clarify that, in my quest for a soulmate, I also would wish to engage in a relationship with him.... (dunno if it's too much to ask for....?)

cos - it's easy to get a boyfriend... but it's not easy to get a boyfriend who's a soulmate.... :B)

Just make a lot of $$$. Singaporean and/or gays love $$$. $$$ for luxury holidays, expensive bags, flashy clothes. Have $$$, people will line up to be your soulmate.

Guest Marad44

... I'm not saying I'm one of them, or not... but I hope I am grounded enough... Makes sense ar?
:thumb: Clear as crystal mcbealz. I trust your profile is working out as you designed it. :thumb: ~ Marad

Guest Marad44

Singaporean... $$$... people will line up...
Though this is not what 'Guest' intended. I have heard complimentary remarks of Singaporeans' earning capacity, coming from Indonesian, Malaysian and Filipino quarters. I've also heard about Batam guys visiting their Singapore boyfriends on the weekends and returning home with gifts. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
means no say there is no true love in a gay relationship. all is about money that rule the relationship.

Hmm... that's a sad thing to say.... but to a certain extent, it is true. Not only in gay rlsp, but even straight. People are just too distracted by material presence and what money can buy - and they forget about the wonders of love.... which is nowadays almost non-existent. I suppose the best relationships are the puppy love relationships in school, where couples do silly things just to prove their love for each other....

Though this is not what 'Guest' intended. I have heard complimentary remarks of Singaporeans' earning capacity, coming from Indonesian, Malaysian and Filipino quarters. I've also heard about Batam guys visiting their Singapore boyfriends on the weekends and returning home with gifts. :whistle:

MY oh MY..... although there's an obvious difference in the earning capacity of Singaporeans compared to the neighbouring countries (perhaps also due to the currency exchange) - I certainly hope it's not going to be ONLY reason why Singaporean guys are more 'sought' after? That would create a pressure to always offer, offer, and offer.....! :unsure:

How hard is it to meet a soulmate? Depends on how much we're willing to adjust our expectations.

There's very few near-perfect guy in this world. Sometimes loving someone is also about accepting their flaws.

PS. It doesn't always have to be like-minded guys. People with personalities different from our own can be a strong magnet too. =)

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Wow..... thanks for sharing. That's a fresh point to the subject. Adjusting our expectations and accepting other's flaw..... hmm..... In a way, no one is perfect. And it also boils down to whether we are able to look at our own imperfections, and understand that others will need to accept our flaws too. So - it's all about compromising.... ain't it? How much (or little) we can accept, and likewise how much (or little) we can expect.....

Yeah, I personally think that soulmate is not akin to finding the perfect prince charming.

As long as there is something in the chemistry that clicks, and if this chemistry is good enough to sustain a long-term relationship/friendship/brothership, it should be fine. Even if the relationship/friendship/brothership has to end, it may still be worthwhile. Just because a story ends does not mean that it is a bad story. It is probably perfect while it lasted. So yeah, I'm a believer that we should see potentials through people's flaws... they may turn out to be the one. ^_^

As to your question of 'how', I don't think I'm the best person to comment on this issue. I've been unlucky so far... still learning to accept people's flaws, and for those few that I am readily willing to accept, turns out that they are either taken or better off as 'close friend'. What I usually do, though, is to socialize more... hang out, attend gatherings/events, and keep on expanding my network. Met many interesting people along the way so far. =)

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Soulmates Are Out There

I do believe there are soulmates out there because I've been with mine for 10yrs. So how did I attract another person into my life....

I guess it all starts with learning about yourself and maturing into a self-confident, independent adult with interesting hobbies and life experiences. The most important thing, I think, one has to do is to love and nurture yourself. Try reading books on relationships and spirituality that may help you broaden your view of life. You may have to order from the USA amazon.com. I do and there has never been a problem with it arriving or being sensored.

Until you really know yourself and know what your needs are then you won't know what to look for what to communicate to a potential mate.

Next, in the process is to learn to look after your own needs so you don't come off as needy, clingy and pathetic. Explore the world by getting out and going for adventures. Learn to communicate using adult skills. Don't act like a child by being a drama queen throwing tantrums and expecting others to solve your problems. Learn to be self-reliant.

Be willing to put yourself out there and be willing to get emotionally hurt. Everyone has to loose at love until you finally win. I met guys who were very clear that they didn't want any kind of relationship beyond f**k buddy. That was okay with me while I kept looking for Mr. Right. I still think of them today and wonder if they regret their choice. The happiness and contentment I feel today with my partner could have been theirs.

Start getting out and curculating where your type of guy is at. Maybe you need to take up a new hobby. "Loosen up" and open yourself up to new experiences. Go to gay bars, dance clubs, find out where the gay cruisy places are, go to saunas. The sauna is where I met my partner. We both weren't there to look for love but rather get our needs met. Start calling people up and just go out for some non-sexual fun.

Give yourself permission to have ONS. It's okay to look after your sexual needs with no strings or expectations implied.

Are your parents allowing you to lead an adult life? Maybe you need to assert some independance. Maybe you need to move out and start your own life by paying your own bills and making your own choices so you will be ready for that other special person when they come along.

The other strange thing that happenned was as soon as I stopped looking for Mr. Right and started attending to my needs Mr Right appeared into my life.

Hugs, you are loved. Blessing in your life's journey

Unfortunately for me, my dream soul mate was a straight guy whom I met through work.

He has the warmest personality, and probably the only guy I've met who is sensible, mature, responsible, a little naughty and a hella sexy body to boot.

He's single when I got to know him but has mentioned he had girlfriends in the past.

My gaydar tells me he ain't 100% straight (there are times he would get physically close to me) but I respect his orientation and chose to be friends.

Sigh.

Edited by Allegro

I do believe there are soulmates out there because I've been with mine for 10yrs. So how did I attract another person into my life....

Wow, thanks for this excellent post. And cheers to your r/s in the years to come :)

I guess it all starts with learning about yourself and maturing into a self-confident, independent adult with interesting hobbies and life experiences. The most important thing, I think, one has to do is to love and nurture yourself. Try reading books on relationships and spirituality that may help you broaden your view of life. You may have to order from the USA amazon.com. I do and there has never been a problem with it arriving or being sensored.

Until you really know yourself and know what your needs are then you won't know what to look for what to communicate to a potential mate.

Next, in the process is to learn to look after your own needs so you don't come off as needy, clingy and pathetic. Explore the world by getting out and going for adventures. Learn to communicate using adult skills. Don't act like a child by being a drama queen throwing tantrums and expecting others to solve your problems. Learn to be self-reliant.

Be willing to put yourself out there and be willing to get emotionally hurt. Everyone has to loose at love until you finally win. I met guys who were very clear that they didn't want any kind of relationship beyond f**k buddy. That was okay with me while I kept looking for Mr. Right. I still think of them today and wonder if they regret their choice. The happiness and contentment I feel today with my partner could have been theirs.

Start getting out and curculating where your type of guy is at. Maybe you need to take up a new hobby. "Loosen up" and open yourself up to new experiences. Go to gay bars, dance clubs, find out where the gay cruisy places are, go to saunas. The sauna is where I met my partner. We both weren't there to look for love but rather get our needs met. Start calling people up and just go out for some non-sexual fun.

Give yourself permission to have ONS. It's okay to look after your sexual needs with no strings or expectations implied.

Are your parents allowing you to lead an adult life? Maybe you need to assert some independance. Maybe you need to move out and start your own life by paying your own bills and making your own choices so you will be ready for that other special person when they come along.

The other strange thing that happenned was as soon as I stopped looking for Mr. Right and started attending to my needs Mr Right appeared into my life.

Hugs, you are loved. Blessing in your life's journey

Wow, finally a post that makes so much sense....I am realy impressed ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Indeed, this is how we should live everyday .. letting go. While it is important that we should have a drive (and goals) in life, the next important thing is to let go and not harping where we become desperate over it. There is a saying 'Desperation will not make one happy'.

Soulmates Are Out There was right to highlight that one needs to know what he wants first. It is in the clarity of thought that one will not be clouded when he meets the connection.

Soulmates are everywhere. Question is, are we aware when they appear right before us? Do we always take a defensive attitude? Do we allow our little voice to dominate and raise doubts that the Mr Right is still out there, somewhere?

Often, we do cross path with many of our soulmates in life. For each soulmate has a unique lesson to let us re-member our purpose. When we make the choice, when we recognize our soulmate, subconsciously we have acted on our freewill towards learning the life lesson.

It is always good to flow with opportunities. To allow someone to come into our lives without putting any judgment, any expectation. Acceptance should not have any boundaries.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Guest Marad44

... Until you really know yourself and know what your needs are then you won't know what to look for

... look after your own needs so you don't come off as needy, clingy and pathetic...Learn to be self-reliant.

... put yourself out there and be willing to get emotionally hurt. Everyone has to loose at love until you finally win...

... start calling people up and just go out for some non-sexual fun...

... have ONS. It's okay to look after your sexual needs with no strings...

... be ready for that other special person when they come along.. as soon as I..started attending to my needs Mr Right appeared into my life.

Interesting reading, well put!

I find that the best soulmates tend to be platonic friends, so hard to find a lover/bf who can also relate to in terms of outlook of life and emotional bonding without sexual component.

Guest Marad44
... emotional bonding without sexual component.

Good point Guest.

1) Groups like AVEN are rarely heard of: Here's their forum on Asexual Soul-mates that I used to follow some years back: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/55835-asexual-soulmate/

2) Also, Dispelling the Myths of Asexuality: http://theophanes.hubpages.com/hub/Dispelling-Common-Myths-about-Asexuality

I find that the best soulmates tend to be platonic friends, so hard to find a lover/bf who can also relate to in terms of outlook of life and emotional bonding without sexual component.

Hmm... if a lover/bf cannot relate to outlook of life and emotional bonding - then what do they relate to? Everything but that? Or everything to do with sex?

:ph34r:

Guest panandol

Its been so long since I visited blowingwind....and This is one interesting thread....

A soulmate = your potential bf/gf, is something almost everyone yearn for...isnt it? ha

I have 2 soulmates...

A) 1 female friend who had the ''same frequency'' as me ....thus able to understand each other's thinking....some things don't need to be spell out...

B) 1 male friend who do not have the ''same frequency'' as me .... we fight, quarrel, shout at each other so much...until we understand each other....

We knew each other for over 10 years exact....

Food for thought....which type do i desire more....A) is hard to come by ....B) is very bad for friendship or relationship....

Soulmate = 可遇不可求 even though we can continuously look for it...=)

Guest Marad44
A) is hard to come by ....B) is very bad for friendship or relationship

Welcome back panadol. Let me guess...

1) You will wisely marry the girl & have double income.

2) You will develop a platonic or bisexual relationship with the guy.

3) You will be the envy of single gay men of your age ~ of your double income and double life.

4) Partnered gay men with double income will be your allies from the PLU world

5) Single gay men will pity your wife and demand that you dump her to be in their camp or 'straighten' out. Bi is taboo!

6) You will carry on regardless , romancing gay admirers.

7) No headaches, no panadols.

Just jesting, just jesting! :B)

Edited by Marad44

Guest panadol
Welcome back panadol. Let me guess... 1) You will wisely marry the girl & have double income. 2) You will develop a platonic or bisexual relationship with the guy. 3) You will be the envy of single gay men of your age ~ of your double income and double life. 4) Partnered gay men with double income will be your allies from the PLU world 5) Single gay men will pity your wife and demand that you dump her to be in their camp or 'straighten' out. Bi is taboo! 6) You will carry on regardless , romancing gay admirers. 7) No headaches, no panadols. Just jesting, just jesting! :B)

This is so off topic marad44....what has It got to do with who envy who and who marry who.....I can be a happy single with income of 2 people :P

• 1 month later...
  • Guest locked this topic