Male HQ

Bf? Uh-Uh No Thank You!

Guest Marad44

Is BF A Must or Option?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Marad44

Picture him..

He is self-reliant, provides for himself and doesn't need a partner to compliment his needs and wants. He circulates & socializes. He has a balanced appetite for romance and sex and is not frustrated. Love relationship doesn't rule his world. He is happy being sole & whole.

Can you picture yourself in his shoes?

He is self-reliant, provides for himself and doesn't need a partner to compliment his needs and wants. He circulates & socializes. He has a balanced appetite for romance and sex and is not frustrated. Love relationship doesn't rule his world. He is happy being sole & whole.

I think everyone needs a person in their life who they can trust and love totally - a need.

It's not an obvious need like eating when you're hungry or sleep when you're tired, it's a unconscious (conscious for some or most) need for someone to rely on.

But that's just my opinion. :B)

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

I'd rather settle with being single than being with someone that doesn't suit me well.

The few experiences I've had in the past in relationship and/or dating that didn't really work, I felt burdened and obligated; and felt lots of guilt whenever I cannot sincerely reciprocate back.

I still haven't had the chance to experience that strong mutual relationship, though. Still looking for that perfect boyfriend who I can treasure, and even if it wouldn't last forever, at least one that I can proudly reminisce as sweet memories in the future.

So, option 2 for me.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I'd rather settle with being single than being with someone that doesn't suit me well.

The few experiences I've had in the past in relationship and/or dating that didn't really work, I felt burdened and obligated; and felt lots of guilt whenever I cannot sincerely reciprocate back.

I still haven't had the chance to experience that strong mutual relationship, though. Still looking for that perfect boyfriend who I can treasure, and even if it wouldn't last forever, at least one that I can proudly reminisce as sweet memories in the future.

So, option 2 for me.

^5 :)

I was having this relationship for more than 8 years.

Only recently, we broke off due to circumstances beyond our control.

He had to return to the States due to company 's policy.

It was not easy to accept it as both of us knew a long distance relationship wont work.

In this few months, life had been boring.

Suddenly there is a void.

I began to shun places where we used to go, to eat, to shop.

I immersed on a new job.

I became 老宅男。

I need someone to ..........

Edited by abang

Guest Marad44
I was having this relationship for more than 8 years. Only recently, we broke off due to circumstances beyond our control. He had to return to the States due to company 's policy. It was not easy to accept it as both of us knew a long distance relationship wont work...

Sorry to know abang. Everything has a good reason. My 2012 usher in the change you wish for.

Guest Foolish

Never had one, never really saw the need for one till I got to know this guy a few months back who I think I am starting to develop feelings for. The problem is, I don't know if he is interested in me like that.

Keep trying to shut it off but it is hard. I'm just riding the wave (of friendship) for now.

i hv had many boyfrens, actually now 2 timing, one has been with me over 9 years, lucky he lives overseas but i found the one i really love only 2 months old but my luv 4 him getting stronger by the day, i luv u if u read tis secret to relationship: recognise each other weaknesses, be accomodating and dun b so petty over money issues lol

Guest Marad44
Thanks Marad. If my dad was half as understanding as u r, i would be happier.

For one who learned hard lessons through six not too smart gay relationships, who came out to his dear wife & daughter and who went partying with his straight daughter to lesbian, gay and straight bars in one night, I keep my fingers crossed for the day Singaporean gay partners walking up the aisle with the blessing of their kith and kin. May be not in your generation but one day...

Edited by Marad44

i hv had many boyfrens, actually now 2 timing, one has been with me over 9 years, lucky he lives overseas but i found the one i really love only 2 months old but my luv 4 him getting stronger by the day, i luv u if u read tis secret to relationship: recognise each other weaknesses, be accomodating and dun b so petty over money issues lol

ohh wow.. long distance uh? u should probably make a break with him so that he could move on if u have no more feelings for him. make a decision. dont keep him on the hook =D

I'm 20 this year and I only started to venture into the gay world when I was 19.

Used to be quite yearning for a boyfriend but after a steep learning curve in 2010 and 2011. Now, I'm just...meh..take it or leave it?

what do u mean by steep learning curve?

Hmm this is pretty subjective and it also depends on the situation at hand...

For myself, I've had my share of lonely days, and no, I do not engage in one night stands.

Took me awhile to finally find someone who shared the same interest and insecurities, and to look to each other for strength.

Having a boyfriend is so far down the hierarchy of life's needs that it hardly counts as a "need", more like a "nice to have". As such, it really should be regarded as a luxury, kind of like an A.Lange & Söhne watch. You don't really need one to get through life; you don't even need one to be happy or fulfilled. But there's always the nagging suspicion that if you had one, you'd be better off somehow. And it never helps that those who actually have one often take every opportunity to display it, or to tell you to put yourself on the waiting list for one because "it's worth it".

What you don't see is the additional bill you get each year when you send that darn watch for maintenance (yes, there's maintenance: something which neophyte watch-owners often do not realize). You realize then also that though it's "automatic", it still stops when you don't wear it for a while and then you have to set it all over again.

And as you get older, you tend to place less importance on owning luxuries. OR, you go crazy that time is slipping by and you've never owned one. In the meantime, those who have one and have kept it well, treasure it even more as it's been with them all their life. (And there I shall end the watch metaphor because people typically then pass the watch on as an heirloom to their son.)

Edited by Mercutio

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Wait! After reading some of the entries, I found out that some of these "preferred to be single" people have not actually fell in love before.

In the first place, the society is no longer so straight forward. Having a bf is more like to mean having a buddy than a lifetime companion.

Hanging out with a bf would most likely be classified as a way of spending free time than a need to be with him.

To some people, meeting Mr. Right does not mean meeting Mr. Perfect. Meeting Mr. Perfect does not mean meeting Mr. Perfect 10.

You may have dated someone who didn't make you feel like a bf, does not mean he isn't Mr. Right for someone else. The feeling should be mutual. How he treats you is usually a response to how he deems that way you are treating him.

If you want to date someone who only reacts the way you want him all the time, then a soft toy or a robot would fit better.

Hmm i had a bf and dates before but i feel that you cannot rush into a relationship just because you are desperate to have a bf. This will only hurt you and him eventually. A relationship means committing your time, your body to one person so you have to be ready and really want it.

"When it comes it comes. You can't force it to happen" :)

Hmm i had a bf and dates before but i feel that you cannot rush into a relationship just because you are desperate to have a bf. This will only hurt you and him eventually. A relationship means committing your time, your body to one person so you have to be ready and really want it.

"When it comes it comes. You can't force it to happen" :)

totally agree :D:thumb:

Option Two. It doesn't matter if I can get one. If I do find one, then good for me. If not, life still goes on.

Live life to the fullest as if each day was the last.

Nobody is born a warrior in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.

Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thelonelygeek/

Guest slinkYcaT

Been there, done that and got burnt like, way too many times ... I've been single for the longest time now and am not exactly actively seeking either . I am not exactly the marrying kind, and for a love-cynic like me, I guess I am better off single and go on my merry-making way. Works very well for me : I have fun WHEN I WANT, HOW I WANT.

Yeah, of course it can get real lonesome at times, but then again when it comes to love & relationship, i'll rather stick to my mantra : Better to be alone for the right reasons, than be with someone for the wrong ones.

xoxo.

I'm somwwhere between option one and two. Sometimes I really want one. Other times I'm gratefull for being single. I want someone but not to be in a relationship. Hmmmm confusin much?

Hmms although I choose #2, I'm having the same thoughts too... It's the "I'm-ok-with-being-single-but-it'll-be-good-to-have-one" kind of feeling.

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• Guest locked this topic