Male HQ

Incoporating Buddhism Into Homo Lifestyle

peaceofme

Though i've mixed feelings about the interface between these two intrinsic disciplines and the integration of both, is it really possible for a relationship to coexist with the values we held by whilst conforming to the different cultural norms of today's context.

(I'm not questioning the fundamental structure of both elements, but rather the status quo of our generation and the diverse ideologies that we share differ greatly.)

No one's answering probably because:

a) the specifics are extremely vague, with an implicit "me"-centricism which takes for granted that everyone shares the ideologies you are speaking about, for example;

b) of the use and misuse of terminology, bordering on psychobabble, that has reduced your question to seeming intellectual masturbation;

and, continuing with the imagery;

c) of the convoluted structuring, which attempts to force several potentially interrelated, but unclearly linked, clouds of ideas into a single sentence in the pedantic equivalent of a quadruple fxxk, that even the most hardcore would cringe at and think "ouch".

Returning to point b above, it strikes me that words are being bandied for the sake of flaunting them, without appreciation of the fundamental objective, which is to communicate ideas. Examples:

What part of a homosexual lifestyle is a discipline ?

Since when was Buddhism a discipline?

What interface are you talking about?

If a homosexual lifestyle and Buddhism are intrinsic disciplines, what are they intrinsic to?

You refer to mixed feelings about the integration of both: integration of both into ....? And whose practice is being used as a yardstick?

What relationship of co-existence are you talking about, since you have already alluded to them having been integrated? If integrated, they are integrated. If co-existing, then they are not integrated.

The values we held? Which values? And held by whom? Who is "we"?

You speak of conforming to cultural norms - since it's a matter of conforming, it a matter of form, not of principle. Is the issue then one with conforming and the tension that arises because the mode being conformed to is predicated on a principle which is at variance with some other principle? Or is the issue with adoption of a new cultural norm and having that clash with a more traditional principle.

I'm not continuing with the rest, as I don't really have the time or interest. I know this is a wanker of a reply, but it's a wanker of a question.

Edited by Mercutio

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Not that difficult. Practise moderation in whatever u do.

Avoid extremes in what u think, do and talk abt.

Simplicity is bliss.

Try not to intoxicate, steal, kill, lie, adulterate.

May take normal (non-vegetarian) diet as long as u didn't slaughter the animals for your meals. (Buddha didn't request all to be vegetarians.)

Stick to your partner (unless u want disease from casual strangers).

Try to meditate (calm your mind) even for 5 mins a day. Good for body, mind, spirit. Helps in positivity.

Life goes on. Reap benefits over time, patient.

Buddhism is a philosophy, and there are many different schools, even putting aside the three main branches of it: Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana.

By the Dalai Lama's interpretation, homosexuality is ok, but gay sex just like straight sex is an abuse.

I'm sure some of you are probably his disciples, but my cousin is the Lama* of Thekchen Choling and is very gay-friendly. He blasted Kylie Minogue over the loudspeakers at one of his recent Poojas, and before moving to his current place, Thekchen Choling was at Dairy Farm estate. Nearby was a church that had a huge banner saying "If you are Homosexual, You Can Change" .... meanwhile my cousin displayed a Rainbow Flag outside, LOL.

* He's been stripped of his Rinpoche title due to politics in the Vajrayana hierarchy.

P.S. In hindsight it was a bit weird growing up with him, but we were pretty close as kids.

(Edited to add "over the loudspeakers" because I just noticed that "blasted Kylie Minogue" could have several interpretations, most of them not very kind to Ms. Minogue.)

Edited by Mercutio

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus