Male HQ

20th Spore International Film Fest

Panda_9791

Hi All, the 20th Spore International Film Fest will start from 18th Apr to 30th Apr. Any BW bros catching any films?

I was planning to see Solos, our SG produced film with gay theme featuring Lim Yu Beng, but Sistic put the film's ticketing on hold... dunno what happen...

Koh Samui, I need u...

Hi All, the 20th Spore International Film Fest will start from 18th Apr to 30th Apr. Any BW bros catching any films?

I was planning to see Solos, our SG produced film with gay theme featuring Lim Yu Beng, but Sistic put the film's ticketing on hold... dunno what happen...

Panda, I've never followed the latest info on this festival :oops:

Any PLU related films scheduled to run in this festival?

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Hey WA, so far the highest profile film with PLU theme is Solos, which i mentioned is SG production. Other than that, i came across 2 films with sex-change theme (man change to woman), but i read the synopsis and don't remember them being interesting, so didn't bother to remember the film title.

Koh Samui, I need u...

Hey WA, so far the highest profile film with PLU theme is Solos, which i mentioned is SG production. Other than that, i came across 2 films with sex-change theme (man change to woman), but i read the synopsis and don't remember them being interesting, so didn't bother to remember the film title.

Okay thanks, if not mistaken 2-3 years ago I watched 2 PLU-related films during the film festival and all were so disappointed. One Thai gay film which very confusing one, not sure what about the story especially the ending part and one documentary film on Beijing gay activity :angry:

One Thai gay film which very confusing one, not sure what about the story especially the ending part and one documentary film on Beijing gay activity :angry:

Oh yeah WA! I caught the Thai one too... i remember got a village boy, a thai soldier then someone became a tiger or something and they are in the forest half the time... haha... so confusing...

Koh Samui, I need u...

Oh yeah WA! I caught the Thai one too... i remember got a village boy, a thai soldier then someone became a tiger or something and they are in the forest half the time... haha... so confusing...

Hahaha Panda :lol: ........ okay okay, I thought all the times I was the only one who blur like sotong and never understood the film :oops:

one of the finalists for the singapore shorts competition is gay-themed - it's called katong fugue. avid theatregoers may remember this as one of the stories in asian boys vol 2 by alfian sa'at.

the finalists for the shorts competition will be shown on the 14th and 30th of april evening at the substation. if i'm not wrong, entrance is free.

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

• 2 weeks later...

hey i thought SIFF will never allow any film showcased to be cut?

hence over the film fest history, they have dropped films that had to be cut by the MDA?

hence if Solo be censored, SIFF will not show it.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest

Think Singapore are not liberal enough to have gay/lesbian theme play/movies to be shown to the public.... Why can't singapore open out like taiwan or Hongkong?

Why have to go thru censorship for cut which defeat the orginal of the film maker in SIFF.

I had been following the Spore Film Festival yearly, until last year I stopped it. I would say, only 1 of 10 films was worth watching it.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Guest Guest

how com the Spore Film Festival never got bigger or better? is is because of a lack of garment support? i used to attent their festival, in fact from the very first festival in 1989? (date hope not wrong). like this year festival got lots of small independent films but how come no big name guest stars attending??? bangkok film festival which i believe started much later is stealing the spotlight. last year they also invited quite a few big names there.

Guest Guest

Panda9791 have you seen it what is the name of that malaya actor, a malaysian friend told me he sometime come to spore and go to TC sauna.

Latest update: Solos have been withdrawn from the Film Festival.

MDA has allowed the screening of the movie to the jury of the Silver Screen Awards but not for general release.

Sorry no chance of watching that gay 3 way.

expected Solo to be withdraw, SIFF never allow the films to be censored in anyway.

a pity, MDA constant has double standard, their support for Do Not Disturb is as raunchy as possible...

BTW SIFF dont have gahmen support, too bad not SG next big thing so gahmen didnt care. can you imagine if SIFF showing all F1 movies, gahmen might jump in with the funds

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest

Saw the trailer. I thought its soft p--n masquerading as art film. I want to know- the threesome is between who? Please dont tell me its the boy, his mother and that guy (yu beng)!!! Eeeee!

Its not that we don't appreciate singaporean art film. Especially the movie got sexy naked local guys romancing each other ok.... I'll buy tickets to that anytime!

But our government in its infinite wisdom and the civil servants who just got their pay hike, have decided to censor the film. For the good of our society and to protect our weak innocent minds from disgusting images of men having sex with men.

You shouldn't watch the entire film ok. Its actually for your own good.

Solos, the most-talked about film at the festival, went home empty handed at Silver Screen Awards on Friday. It didnt win any thing. Lim Kay Tong, one of the jury members siad "The jury was rather puzzled by Solos. Was it just for shock value? There were some beautiful images but I felt the film was trying to draw attention to itself by deliberately crossing perimeters. I prefer Conversations (local Best Film winner). I felt that it didnt draw attention to itself. It was so seamless that you didnt notice the technique that went into it."

Well, we cant certainly judge that since we'll never get to see it. Sob.

Guest Guest

I quite agreed. Other than trying to push the local boundaries, it is more soft p--n than art movie.

Anyway, give it a few months/ years...it would end up is some other film festival....maybe even youtube! :lol:

After the Wedding plot summary from IMDB:

Jacob Petersen has dedicated his life to helping street children in India. When the orphanage he heads is threatened by closure, he receives an unusual offer. A Danish businessman, Jørgen, offers him a donation of $4 million dollars. There are, however, certain conditions... Not only must Jacob return to Denmark, he must also take part in the wedding of Jørgen's daughter (Anna). The wedding proves to be a critical juncture between past and future and catapults Jacob into the most intense dilemma of his life.

Ok, now i filled in some details. Turns out Anna is Jacob's real father and Jørgen is dying of a fatal illness. So the whole movie is about Jørgen planning for his family after he died. He wants Jacob to come back to Denmark and take care of his family after he died.

Ooh, just found out this film was nominated for Oscar Best Foreign Language Film of the Year in 2007... :thumb:

Koh Samui, I need u...

• Guest locked this topic