Male HQ

Where's My Vit C In Ribena?

Quite troubling to read that : 'The makers of Ribena have been fined in New Zealand after the popular drink turned out to contain almost no vitamin C.

A pair of 14-year-old schoolgirls exposed the false claim after testing the drink as part of a science project.

Advertisements for Ribena had claimed that its blackcurrants have four times the vitamin C of oranges.

GSK in Singapore said the products here do contain what they claim.

Nonetheless, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority in Singapore will still test the product to determine the actual level of vitamin C.'

Hmm... I've been drinking Ribena for years and always encourage my neices and nephews to always finish that glass of Ribena up to the very last drop as it's good for their body. Hope I have not been drinking just water enriched with sugar.

It would seem NKF is not the only reputable organisation beguiling the plebeians and patricians.

Such turpitude must be unequivocally castigated. :lol::lol:

Just doing my job to make sure this place maintain its reputation as compared to other reputable blogs. :D

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Guest Guest_jesV

Its popular with me. I hv been drinking it regularly my whole adult life. Now damn disappointed :angry:

Instead of saying sorry, GSK blamed it on testing control! :swear:

They should just apologise apologise apologise and promise to rectify the mistake. Now boycotting it for the moment. :yuk: Cant wait for AVA report.

In my younger days, Ribena has this advertisement of a young girl asking a boy for some Ribena which he seem to be enjoying. The boy answered, "Yes, but not too much". It was those immortal phrase that we repeat.

I guess we know better now. The boy meant but not too much "Vitamin C" and not "Ribena".

HaHa !

The most amazing thing abt this case to me was that it was found out and reported by 2 school girls doing a school project. When they first told the company about their findings, nobody took notice until the case went to the consumer watchdog...

Actually... I think Ribena didn't lie... Ribena does have more Vitamin C than orange... What they didn't tell you was that it's not a serving of Ribena... It's the whole bottle of Ribena... So when diluted, it becomes negligible, and with the absorption rate, etc etc, it amounts to zero... So they are not guilty for lying... they are guilty for withholding information...

heheh

• Guest locked this topic