Male HQ

Will you migrate to another country + Which country to migrate to? (Compiled)

Hello1763

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but if you want to enter Buddhist monkhood permanently in some foreign country like Taiwan, Europe or US, can you stay there longterm as a monk?

Any Buddhists know?

Mhhhh you can't expect welfare to just fall from the sky....

You have to contribute to the social system, similar to CPF here. I doubt there are many countries' governments paying out retirement welfare to someone who just decides to move there to retire.

Some countries will grant you a "retirement pass" if you put a certain sum of money in a local bank account (Philippines if I'm not wrong) but other countries won't just let anyone just come and decide to retire there.

People who do that would do so by making that country their secondary residence but that implies you to be staying in your primary country more than half a year each year.

Those who really move (lots of Swiss retirees move to Spain for example) by withrawing all their savings and buy a house there. Which means they won't get a cent from the new host country.

Here I rank countries based on increase in total number of foreign-born residents from 2010 to 2013. US is still the most popular destination followed by Italy. Both countries, I mean some parts of the US, are gay-friendly. 

tumblr_nb663l8Dg11r1myfto1_500.png

http://esa.un.org/unmigration/TIMSA2013/migrantstocks2013.htm?mtotals

Other than that, US tops other countries as:

• English its main language;
  • Economy giant with meritocracy;
  • Education powerhouse; and
  • Multicultural.

I heard US has good immigration policy but how good it is I cannot attest to that.

Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for.”

Here I rank countries based on increase in total number of foreign-born residents from 2010 to 2013. US is still the most popular destination followed by Italy. Both countries, I mean some parts of the US, are gay-friendly.

tumblr_nb663l8Dg11r1myfto1_500.png

http://esa.un.org/unmigration/TIMSA2013/migrantstocks2013.htm?mtotals

Other than that, US tops other countries as:

• English its main language;
  • Economy giant with meritocracy;
  • Education powerhouse; and
  • Multicultural.
I heard US has good immigration policy but how good it is I cannot attest to that.

Get real ! Go to a straight dude club often enough in US and hear what they have to say about gay bashing and calling Asian/ Chinese/Indians all kinds of rude names ......

Get real ! Go to a straight dude club often enough in US and hear what they have to say about gay bashing and calling Asian/ Chinese/Indians all kinds of rude names ......

Yes, that happens and not all states are hospital to gays. Recently a video went viral about a 20-year old getting disowned by his parents in Georgia ('solidly' a red state'), see the video here, nonetheless see how much support he gets! Despite the lack of protection of LGBTIQ in some states, the general opinion is that the US is no longer considered homophobic and about 53% of Americans now support gay marriage. At least that's the impression I get from the news since obviously I don't live in the US.

SG is a place where you can make good money if you have the relevant skills and you are willing to work.  So what some people are thinking here seems to be they make lots of money here and retire in another place with lots of welfare for old people.  Then you have to look for a country that lots of welfare for newly migrated residents.  If any government has good welfare for newly migrated residents, it is probably a policy mistake and it will not be sustainable.  If you are simply looking for a place with low cost of living and not necessarily welfare for newly migrated residents, then there should be lots of choices.

Depends on who you ask: Those crass PRCs would love to migrate to Singapore, where the government gives out free PR to anyone with either a dick or a cunt.

Guest ThinkWise

It's been said above, most western countries in Europe, Canada, Australia, have social welfare and old age pension usually you must meet certain criteria to be eligible such as residency, assets, etc, but becoming unsustainable and do not keep up with rapid cost of living, hence the results like this link http://www.smh.com.au/national/struggling-pensioners-opt-to-leave-australia-for-a-cheaper-country-20140607-39pui.html 

Guest insider

sad to see enelym go as he has given a lot of good contribution to many posts on b

i rather wish he renewed his EP here than see crappy posters like darkflame come back to SG, we don't such crap in the AJ circle in SG

I think everyone will have an idea of where they think is an ideal country to migrate to, but you can bet those who found a paradise will keep the place to themselves they will not reveal what they found to the rest of the world. it is human nature.

Haven't anyone here heard the saying, if a Singaporean want to migrate to another country its because they already do not like the local country already, of course they will want to migrate to another place that is not like singapore, and the last thing they want to see is heartlanders behaviour when they are overseas,

my sis who lives overseas can no longer stand the local Singlish sound and will disaapear from any shopping center she is in , if she spots a group of Singaporeans coming into a shopping center near where she stays, can be unrealistic sometimes.

Anyone thinking of migrating to New Zealand should read these stories of homelessness in New Zealand and how it may affect your idea of migrations plans for New Zealand.

For some people, New Zealand is like Canada, they treat is as a backdoor to enter their target country, US for Canada migrants , and Australia for New Zealand migrants.

Gunman in New Zealand kills 2, flees on bicycle- Ashburton, Christchurch.

A New Zealand town was on high alert Monday as police hunted for a gunman they say killed two people and injured a third at an unemployment office before fleeing on a bicycle.

Police urged residents of Ashburton to remain indoors. Meanwhile, they scoured an area around the town's river and stormed a house. But after six hours, the gunman remained on the loose.

Police identified a person of interest in the case as John Henry Tully, a 48-year-old homeless man. Tully had been interviewed in recent weeks by the local newspaper about his struggles finding somewhere to live and had also written to lawmakers.

for full article click on.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/gunman-zealand-kills-2-escapes-bike-003419324.html

For those who are thinking of migrating, I suggest first to spend a couple of months in the new country before making the big move. I always dream of retiring in Bangkok but after trying out for 3 months, I realized that being a tourist there is different from being a resident. A city may feel and look fantastic while you were there for one week but is not that suitable if you are really staying there forever. Even the kind of people you meet will be different.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

I realized that being a tourist there is different from being a resident. 

Very true. Everywhere. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

For those who are thinking of migrating, I suggest first to spend a couple of months in the new country before making the big move. I always dream of retiring in Bangkok but after trying out for 3 months, I realized that being a tourist there is different from being a resident. A city may feel and look fantastic while you were there for one week but is not that suitable if you are really staying there forever. Even the kind of people you meet will be different.

It also doesn't depend on the length of your stay. But the more active you participate in the economics and sociocultural systems, the more you feel living the country. As for example discrimination doesn't usually happen on the street or in one's house, but it often happens in schools and office spaces.

Yeah, leaving SG, going back to Switzerland for now and transfer hopefully soon to HKG   :)

Grass is always greener on the other side... or so we think

All the very best for your trip back, Enelym.

I think we will miss you but hopefully you will carry on posting here, from there. I do hope you get your transfer to Hong Kong - not that good for Singapore but good for you and good for Hong Kong, I suppose.

there are

there are so many success stories of Caucasian Men who have gotten off the rat race in their home country and have settled down successfully in Thailand as a resident and open up businesses with locals and lived a semi retired life and or fully retired life in Thailand,of course there are those who failed too.

Do a youtube search about starting a business in Thailand , retiring in thailand, how to rent apartments in thailand, how to live cheaply in thiland on your retirement fund, how to find local girls, hmmm there are so many blokes willing to share their secrets of success on youtube. There ae many Caucasian men who are sharing ideas and how tos to reside and retire in Thailand. But the catch is you must partner a Thai citizen and eventually marry the female Thai person to get permanet residency, and starting a business in Thailand can also get you a residency in thailand too.

But these tend to be Caucasians teaching other caucasians how to reside, how to work the Thai system and retire comfortably in thailand in their youth, not when they are old and creaking, I dont see so much Chinese teaching other people how to retire in another country , I wonder why ?? Is it becos Chinese do not like to share secrets of success with other people, fear of competition for scarce resources, fear of competition in business rivals??

Caucasians can find lobang that are somtimes closed to other Asians, ask a Thai person if they prefer a WHITE foreigner farang or an Asian farang, 9 out of ten times , they will say White farang than asian partner especially the East Asian types, maybe they can sense that Caucasian when they fall in love with Thai they can really see beyond skin color, but East Asians in general have it ingrained in them to have inferior status for brown skin Asians.

What do you all think ?

"Even the kind of people you meet will be different. "

Those who enjoy Bangkok -- have you got long term Thai friends (not tricks) that speak English enough to say what is really in their hearts? Have you learnt enough Thai to live independently or even willing to do it? Do you know the derogatory racial terms equivalent to Chink or the N word?  Also, the people outside of BKK or even away from the tourist districts may not be what you expect. Even foreign Buddhists may be surprised at the kind of attitudes that Thai religion develops. What is behind smiling faces? 

Guest illusionised

SG is a place where you can make good money if you have the relevant skills and you are willing to work.  

Sure, with cheapo boss who threaten to leave if you ask for pay rise and than every dollar you earn, 10 dollars are taken away to pay the fat cat.  Indeed good money and good place for retirement, especially for the fat cat.

I have met my fair share of educated bitchy Thai ,especially Thai women ...many crazies  and weirdos ones  from there !

I have met my fair share of educated bitchy Thai ,especially Thai women ...many crazies and weirdos ones from there !

Haa I've long known a large chunk of their gay friendliness is just a facade from desperation for tourism dollars. Not all thai people are even friendly to begin with, but most are.

Best countries to migrate to usually are the ones that accord equal rights to gay love, gay sex, gay marriage and gay adoption.

From my mind I can list norway, sweden, finland, denmark, spain, maybe holland. Italy, even france and switzerland are not really there yet. North america is still rather far from observing across the board gay rights. But compared to south east asian, middle eastern and african nations, they are still light years ahead!

Taiwan, Malaysia and Hong Kong.

Malaysia , you must be kidding ! There are so many raids and I have read most are being sent to prison and need to give chunks of money to be released !

Malaysia , you must be kidding ! There are so many raids and I have read most are being sent to prison and need to give chunks of money to be released !

Some of you need to get real about the nearest neighbouring country. Instead of rumours about raids and prison, look at the facts of life over 365 days and many years. Is it true, raids there every day there, never any checks here in SG?  Has any foreigner ever been jailed from a routine check, if not doing something obviously illegal? There were bars and saunas there for many years earlier, while Singapore police were entrapping cruisers in toilets. Go to most towns in foreign countries and they are not much better than Ipoh or Seremban, no real gay life to speak of. Places like Silom BKK are the exception, not the rule. It's not perfect but if you stay out of religion and politics, there is still a lot of living space next door.

Some of you need to get real about the nearest neighbouring country. Instead of rumours about raids and prison, look at the facts of life over 365 days and many years. Is it true, raids there every day there, never any checks here in SG? Has any foreigner ever been jailed from a routine check, if not doing something obviously illegal? There were bars and saunas there for many years earlier, while Singapore police were entrapping cruisers in toilets. Go to most towns in foreign countries and they are not much better than Ipoh or Seremban, no real gay life to speak of. Places like Silom BKK are the exception, not the rule. It's not perfect but if you stay out of religion and politics, there is still a lot of living space next door.

Whatever you say , I am certainly not taking chances to be hanged sucking someone's cock there 'cause I am not filthy rich to save myself from that .....

"Even the kind of people you meet will be different. "

Those who enjoy Bangkok -- have you got long term Thai friends (not tricks) that speak English enough to say what is really in their hearts? Have you learnt enough Thai to live independently or even willing to do it? Do you know the derogatory racial terms equivalent to Chink or the N word?  Also, the people outside of BKK or even away from the tourist districts may not be what you expect. Even foreign Buddhists may be surprised at the kind of attitudes that Thai religion develops. What is behind smiling faces? 

Thais do not like Singaporeans.

Sometimes, they do not say it upfront, but many dislikes the behaviour of Singaporeans.

In fact, many other nationalities do not like SIngaporeans.

If possible, i will migrate to Thailand so many goodlooking guys there and mostly gay friendly.

Another stupid Sporean talking -wanting Spore's high pay package, but Thailand's low cost of living.

The world doesn't work like that.

Sometimes, they do not say it upfront, but many dislikes the behaviour of Singaporeans.

Who will like sinkies. Many of our working class citizens migrated from backwards towns in msia, china and Philippines - uncouth incorrigible third world citizens living in first world infrastructure who think we belong to world class hub of this and that and with attitude to boot - of cos others hate us.

Closer places to consider: taiwan and japan. Free from christian toxicity means so much easier lives for gays.

Same for me, but i prefer Japan. I enjoy my  time there and have many good encounter with the japanese.

will go to Japan at least once a year.

How do Thais know who are the true born Singaporeans ? Just like so many not true born Hong Kongers tarnishing their image ! When I was young , people bad mouth how rude Hong Kongers are ! But I grew up and realise these are mostly from Guangzhou who also speak Cantonese with slightly different rural accent ....but how else would foreigners differentiate them , that's the tough question ! I was on a bus with full of true born young Hong Kongers and guess what ? I could almost here a pin drop in the bus !!

How do Thais know who are the true born Singaporeans ? Just like so many not true born Hong Kongers tarnishing their image ! When I was young , people bad mouth how rude Hong Kongers are ! But I grew up and realise these are mostly from Guangzhou who also speak Cantonese with slightly different rural accent ....but how else would foreigners differentiate them , that's the tough question ! I was on a bus with full of true born young Hong Kongers and guess what ? I could almost here a pin drop in the bus !!

Hear a pin drop , was what I meant ....

What makes you think that born Singaporeans behave better?

It is the true blue Singaporeans whom are not warm, cold and selfish as compared to people of other nationalities.

What makes you think that born Singaporeans behave better?

It is the true blue Singaporeans whom are not warm, cold and selfish as compared to people of other nationalities.

As compared to mad manners Russians , crook Chinese mainlanders ,counculative Indians from India , snobbish New Yorkers , racist Australian ,

• G_M changed the title to Will you migrate to another country + Which country to migrate to? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic