Male HQ

Track Intrusion Or Suicide?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

"Man hit by train dies .

A man died after being hit by a train at the Paya Lebar MRT station at about 10.20am yesterday. .

Police said the victim, a 52-year-old Chinese, was pronounced dead by paramedics at 10.45am. .

Investigations are under way. East-bound services were disrupted for 41 minutes. .

Of the 288 cases of track intrusions since 1991, 206 were intentional. To address this, operator SMRT started to work with suicide-prevention organisation the Samaritans of Singapore last year to train its staff to look out for signs of distress among commuters. .

The Land Transport Authority is also reviewing safety provisions at MRT stations. "

The above news appeared in a small column of today's Today , but could not be found in ST.

Is 'man hit by train' these days so common that it has no newsworthiness, or timing is not right to report such tragic news ??? I wonder!

Because Bishan is the easiest place to do so...

Actually, it is a very very very inconsiderate way of killing yourself...

1) SMRT will have to pay a large sum of money as a fine to LTA for every accident, which will translate as losses and an excuse to raise fares

2) It is extremely grotesque to remove your body from the tracks for the undertakers...

3) You cause hundreds of people to be delayed as well as traumatised them...

4) Your family might be disturbed by the relevant authorities regarding your suicide...

Not in singapore butss...

Just heard from a friend that his friend actually witness a suicide at the train station too.

>> An old lady ran past him and jumped onto the track to be hit by the on coming train. His friend is still in trauma...

It is also common in jap.. but i heard that consequently, the family would have to pay for cleaning up of the train and track.

Since last year or 2 years ago, it was a few cases that some one jumped into the MRT track due to various reasons and problems but it was no big report in media.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

"Man hit by train dies .

A man died after being hit by a train at the Paya Lebar MRT station at about 10.20am yesterday. .

Police said the victim, a 52-year-old Chinese, was pronounced dead by paramedics at 10.45am. .

Investigations are under way. East-bound services were disrupted for 41 minutes. .

Of the 288 cases of track intrusions since 1991, 206 were intentional. To address this, operator SMRT started to work with suicide-prevention organisation the Samaritans of Singapore last year to train its staff to look out for signs of distress among commuters. .

The Land Transport Authority is also reviewing safety provisions at MRT stations. "

The above news appeared in a small column of today's Today , but could not be found in ST.

Is 'man hit by train' these days so common that it has no newsworthiness, or timing is not right to report such tragic news ??? I wonder!

Hmmm really? Does not seemed to find any reports on the incident....

If accidents (intentional or un-intentional) occurred in every other month, I believe the Authority would have to take some measures to prevent it in the future. If not every other month, we would have so many MRT disruption :oops:

It looks like the track is favourite place for people to jump into it, rather than jump from top floor where we have so many high-rise building here :unsure:

but why want to die such an ugly death? I die die also want to die "nice nice".

You are right ….. being trashed by train, the remain would be split in many parts und the Tong Aik would have hard time to collect those parts :unsure:

Well... we don know what happen to him mah... Maybe he didn't really suicide? Maybe someone accidentally push him down or morning mind havent full awakened?

Anyway i think rather sad case la... they really should barricade it up like those underground mrt station

• Guest locked this topic