Male HQ

Nice Vegetarian Places / Recipes =)

Know of any nice vegetarian places that left an impression? Have a recipe that you wanna share? Let me start off this topic with a few places that I frequent. ^_^

Naive (http://www.naivecompany.com/)

Address: 99 East Coast Road Singapore 428795

Operating Hours: Daily 11.30am to 10pm

Naive is one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants! My mum brought me there to try out their food once and I have been patronising them ever since. Every now and then I get cravings for their food! They serve quality vegetarian dishes that taste absolutely great! Their Olive Rice, Golden Oats and Sambal Battered Oyster Mushroom are some of their must-try dishes. The staff there are also friendly and helpful. Highly recommend that you guys try this place at least once! You won't regret it! :thumb:

Loving Hut @ Suntec City Mall (http://www.lovinghut.com.sg/)

Address: 3 Temasek Boulevard #03-016 @ Tower 2 Sky Garden Singapore 038983

Operating Hours: Daily 11am to 9.30pm

Got to know of Loving Hut through a friend. Nice cozy dining area located at Suntec City Tower 2 Sky Garden. Food is good, service is prompt and the prices are reasonable. I have tried their Mee Pok, Wanton Mee and Laksa and they are all pretty good. Do give them a try if you are around the area!

Miao Yi Vegetarian Restaurant

Address: 587 Bukit Timah Road #03-01/02 Coronation Plaza Singapore 269707

Operating Hours: Daily 11am – 3pm, 6pm – 10pm

Located in Coronation Plaza, I was brought there once for my birthday with my family. I couldn't remember all the dishes that we had but I remembered that their Suckling Pig was fantastic! Their Curry Fish Head was also surprisingly good! Only reason why I have not patronised them again - location...

Eight Treasures Vegetarian Restaurant (http://www.8treasuresgroup.com.sg/index.html)

Address: 282A South Bridge Road Singapore 058831

Operating Hours: Daily 11am to 9pm

Another of my new found favorite! Also introduced by my mum, we went there to try out their food and was amazed with what they had on their menu. They serve mainly Chinese food with alot of dishes on their menu that will leave you coming back for more! Their Veg. Shark's Fin Soup, Veg. Honey Sauce Pork and Black Pepper Monkey Head Mushrooms are truly amazing! Conveniently located within walking distance from Chinatown MRT, this restaurant have definitely placed themselves among my top few favorite vegetarian restaurants! :thumb:

Oh well, that's all for now. Will update if I chanced upon any nice places that serve good vegetarian food! ^_^

Edited by Akagi Shigeru

Beside my Blk also got one nice vegetarian coffee shop. Located at Hougang Blk 501 between Ave 4 and Ave 8 junction. Maybe next time when you passby the area can give it a try.

Dunno whether is it the same place but my army MSG brought me to somewhere around Sengkang/Hougang before. It's a small coffeeshop that sells only vegetarian food and quite well known for their prata and curry! Same one? :blink:

Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. North-South line exit.

Park Mall

Basement 1

经典老地方

Never ventured into Park Mall so have to go check it out sometime but 老地方 sounds very familiar! Is this the one that was previously located near Bugis Junction? I went back there recently with my sis but they weren't there anymore...

灵芝素食餐馆

Address

Liat Towers #05-01

541 Orchard Road

Singapore 238881

Tel: +65 6734 3788

Fax: +65 6734 5788

Address

Velocity@Novena Square

#03-09/10

238 Thomson Road

Singapore 307683

Tel: +65 6538 2992

Fax: +65 6252 5234

Heard of a vegetarian buffet/steamboat near Novena. Is this the same one? How was it?

Dunno whether is it the same place but my army MSG brought me to somewhere around Sengkang/Hougang before. It's a small coffeeshop that sells only vegetarian food and quite well known for their prata and curry! Same one? :blink:

I think so. But then, since the start of their business, I never tried b4 their curry and prata. lolx

no wonder often saw pple order that dish and I tot is just their appetizer. =X

I have been to one more place for my friend's bdae lunch,

It is called Lotus Vegetarian Resturant, located in Quality hotel, very near to Boon Keng MRT or Novena Mrt if i am not wrong?

It is like a vegetarian buffet, which includes ice creams, and even their famous chicken rice and laksa! The food here wise is not that bad, affordable as well.

I think so. But then, since the start of their business, I never tried b4 their curry and prata. lolx no wonder often saw pple order that dish and I tot is just their appetizer. =X

The curry taste nice actually, and they even sell one packet of curry for 2 bucks. Their Ramen is nice as well, esp the dan dan mee! :) Oh yah, they have vegetarian indian rojak as well, if i am not mistaken! Nice food though! :)

I think so. But then, since the start of their business, I never tried b4 their curry and prata. lolx

no wonder often saw pple order that dish and I tot is just their appetizer. =X

Their prata curry is really quite good! I remember my army MSG die die also recommend me to try their curry! Lol

I have been to one more place for my friend's bdae lunch,

It is called Lotus Vegetarian Resturant, located in Quality hotel, very near to Boon Keng MRT or Novena Mrt if i am not wrong?

It is like a vegetarian buffet, which includes ice creams, and even their famous chicken rice and laksa! The food here wise is not that bad, affordable as well.

You know of the address?

The curry taste nice actually, and they even sell one packet of curry for 2 bucks. Their Ramen is nice as well, esp the dan dan mee! :) Oh yah, they have vegetarian indian rojak as well, if i am not mistaken! Nice food though! :)

Yea their curry is good!!! :thumb:

Yup

Address: Quality Hotel Singapore ( 2nd floor ), No. 201, Balestier Rd, S'pore 329926.

Contact number: 6254 0090/91

Opening hours: Lunch from 1130hrs to 1500hrs / Dinner from 1800hrs to 2200hrs

Webby: http://www.qualityhotel.com.sg/lotus_vegetarian_restaurant.php

Went there twice, i must say the food is quite nice, and the surroundings looks clean and comfy too!

If intending to go for buffet, i think can try calling them for the timing and price. Cant really rmb how much le, so sorrry.

Yup Address: Quality Hotel Singapore ( 2nd floor ), No. 201, Balestier Rd, S'pore 329926. Contact number: 6254 0090/91 Opening hours: Lunch from 1130hrs to 1500hrs / Dinner from 1800hrs to 2200hrs Webby: http://www.qualityhotel.com.sg/lotus_vegetarian_restaurant.php Went there twice, i must say the food is quite nice, and the surroundings looks clean and comfy too! If intending to go for buffet, i think can try calling them for the timing and price. Cant really rmb how much le, so sorrry.

Hey thanks for the details! Will drop by to give them a try sometime soon! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Beside my Blk also got one nice vegetarian coffee shop. Located at Hougang Blk 501 between Ave 4 and Ave 8 junction. Maybe next time when you passby the area can give it a try.

Oops wrong one... I went back to the place my MSG brought me a few days back and managed to get their namecard...

Nature Vegetarian Delights

Address: 356 Hougang Ave 7 #01-803 Singapore 530356

Operating Hours: Daily 7am to 9.30pm

Known them initially for their prata and curry, I went back for dinner with a few friends and was surprised they do zhe char as well. The dishes that they whipped up were pretty good but what I really liked was their Black Vinegar Trotters... :thumb: Totally amazing!!! We ordered other dishes such as Sweet and Sour Monkeyhead Mushroom, Butter Cereal Prawns and Hotplate Beancurd. Nice meal at a reasonable price. Worth going back again. ^_^

Edited by Akagi Shigeru

Oops wrong one... I went back to the place my MSG brought me a few days back and managed to get their namecard...

Known them initially for their prata and curry, I went back for dinner with a few friends and was surprised they do zhe char as well. The dishes that they whipped up was pretty good but what I really liked was their Black Vinegar Trotters... :thumb: Totally amazing!!! We ordered other dishes such as Sweet and Sour Monkeyhead Mushroom, Butter Cereal Prawns and Hotplate Beancurd. Nice meal at a reasonable price. Worth going back again. ^_^

lolx. I think I forgot to mention over here. Actually, this two blocks (Blk 507 & Blk 356) from Hougang, they actually are from the same branch. Blk 356 actually is their second shop which open recently few yrs back.

Guest Vegetarianism

This is one nice place i patronise almost every week, their food is good using quality ingredients and promoting healthy diet and lifestyle.

Ben Ran Vegetarian at opposite Bugis Junction behind Bus Stop (Near Top1 KTV)

本然素食 - Operating hour 11am to 9.30pm

Average cost per dish is $7.90 to $8.90 (Main course + Tonic/Veg Soup + Welcome Vinegar drink)

No GST and No Service Charge.

Finger food eg. Dim Sum is about $3.90/plate.

Recently they launch buffet on every lunar month 1st and 15th, lunch buffet approx $16, buffet hour is 11am to 2pm.

Yup

Address: Quality Hotel Singapore ( 2nd floor ), No. 201, Balestier Rd, S'pore 329926.

Contact number: 6254 0090/91

Opening hours: Lunch from 1130hrs to 1500hrs / Dinner from 1800hrs to 2200hrs

Webby: http://www.qualityho..._restaurant.php

Went there twice, i must say the food is quite nice, and the surroundings looks clean and comfy too!

If intending to go for buffet, i think can try calling them for the timing and price. Cant really rmb how much le, so sorrry.

Hey Wei En, thanks for the recommendation. Had dinner there tonight! Very packed for Sunday but the food was really good! Buffet variety was great too! ^_^

Guest cactus

how much is per head for the buffet dinner?

Call: (65) 6254 0090/91

I think it between $22 ~ $29 per head inclusive GST.

I am a full-time vegetarian. Out of all vegeterians buffet lunch I tried in Singapore, this is the best. :clap:

Edited by cactus

Guest cactus
Nature Vegetarian Delights Address: 356 Hougang Ave 7 #01-803 Singapore 530356 Operating Hours: Daily 7am to 9.30pm Known them initially for their prata and curry,

Blk 356 Nature Vegetarian Delights' prata so-so only.

Out of the entire Singapore selling Chinese Vegetarian roti-prata, there are only two prata & curry stalls the best. :thumb:

1) Circuit Road Hawker Centre (now don't sell prata anymore. Currently sell fresh bbq vegetarian otak!)

2) Tampines Ave 4. (I think at block 801)... I even know how prata became famous for that shop.

Jalan Kayu Indian roti parata actually horrible. Don't know why people still go there. Dirty and unhygiene. :yuk:

Edited by cactus

how much is per head for the buffet dinner?

Erm $25 per head... Quite reasonable considering the variety of food they serve... And the food quality is quite good too!

Blk 356 Nature Vegetarian Delights' prata so-so only. Out of the entire Singapore selling Chinese Vegetarian roti-prata, there are only two prata & curry stalls the best. :thumb: 1) Circuit Road Hawker Centre (now don't sell prata anymore. Currently sell fresh bbq vegetarian otak!) 2) Tampines Ave 4. (I think at block 801)... I even know how prata became famous for that shop. Jalan Kayu Indian roti parata actually horrible. Don't know why people still go there. Dirty and unhygiene. :yuk:

The 356 prata is so-so only i agree, but their curry sauce is rather unique. It's different from the other curry sauce i have tasted... Like there's a nice leafy aftertaste... Dun really know how to describe but it's quite special...

I have been to the one at Tampines! Yea the food there is good! Strongly recommended by one of my clients!

Guest cactus

The 356 prata is so-so only i agree, but their curry sauce is rather unique. It's different from the other curry sauce i have tasted... Like there's a nice leafy aftertaste... Dun really know how to describe but it's quite special...

Oops...I meant, the356 prata & curry sauce so-so only. Not only prata.

I have been to the one at Tampines! Yea the food there is good! Strongly recommended by one of my clients!

Their cereal prawn and sambal kangkong not bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I like the indian rojak. Haha. Hard to find vegetarian indian rojak.

Known them initially for their prata and curry, I went back for dinner with a few friends and was surprised they do zhe char as well. The dishes that they whipped up were pretty good but what I really liked was their Black Vinegar Trotters... :thumb: Totally amazing!!! We ordered other dishes such as Sweet and Sour Monkeyhead Mushroom, Butter Cereal Prawns and Hotplate Beancurd. Nice meal at a reasonable price. Worth going back again. ^_^

I buy my lunch from there everyday because there is no vege food near my office. Haha

• 5 months later...
Yes, the steamboat dinner buffet is available from Mon - Thu (6pm to 10pm) 
Price is about $20.80++

Lunch and dinner both good. However, I think afternoon lunch buffet is better. I went there twice, about 8 months apart.

Last tried there, it was more than one year ago. Before I went for lunch buffet, starved for entire night (dinner) and skipped next day breakfast. From 11am eat slowly until about 2.30pm. Stomach full with unbuckled jeans in one size increment.

wow, starve for buffet! haha

• 6 years later...

Hey people, besides the above recommendations, any more vegetarian restaurants you guys come across and would recommend? Every cny reunion and her birthday, I will bring my grandma to try out different places. Running out of idea indeed. We even revisited certain places :lol:

Be cool, like a breeze...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.