Male HQ

Food Galore! (People Who Like To Cook And Don't Mind Sharing)

Retadin

Hehe well, to take the site away from SEX SEX and even more sex! (yes i know its pleasurable. But i don't want to have it shoved in my face constantly!)

So, i was thinking, lets share food! Main courses, desserts, appetizers or hors d'œuvre! Pictures and recipes! Lets shove something else down our face and throats for a change! =P

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

-- Oscar Wilde

photo2.jpg

for lunch today! My recipe of Mac & Cheese. Cooked with mushrooms, bacon and minced pork!

photo4.jpg

Dinner is Pan-seared chicken with a side of garden salad (topped with dried cranberries) and home made wedges!

photo1-1.jpg

Serving it with some soup!

photo2-1.jpg

and some Pink Moscato! and dinner is complete!!

Lets hope this thread does not die from neglect.

Live to eat and never the other way round!! =)

Faint...look so yummy :P

Yay! Something other than SEX! FOOOOOOOD.. I love cooking! Cooked some stuff but can't seem to upload it here..

hahaha use photobucket. like me! haha

With a candle, it will look like candle-light dinner. :thumb:

hehehe sweet right? I tried my best to plate it well so cause i was going to post pics up for you all. hahaha i just had that with my girl friend.

-- Oscar Wilde

mmmm lol its my recipe. Not too sure what to call it?

Lets call it retadin's broth. Throw in some chicken wings from slow boil. Boiled with onions, tomato and carrots. Let it slowly boil out for the flavor to come out. The soup at this point would be slightly sweet (or sour [depending on the tomato]) When the soup is almost done aka when the flavors are awesome, fry up some bacon and garlic together and throw it into the soup. Adds a salty and gives it a 'kick'. Feel free to add pepper if you wish. :)

-- Oscar Wilde

photo2.jpg for lunch today! My recipe of Mac & Cheese. Cooked with mushrooms, bacon and minced pork! photo4.jpg Dinner is Pan-seared chicken with a side of garden salad (topped with dried cranberries) and home made wedges! photo1-1.jpg Serving it with some soup! photo2-1.jpg and some Pink Moscato! and dinner is complete!! Lets hope this thread does not die from neglect. Live to eat and never the other way round!! =)

srsly. cook for me to eat. @_@

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Curry Puff, Karipok (I made before with my mummy's help, it was sedaplicious)

curry-puff-karipok.jpg

Ingredients:

Water Dough

210 g flour

60 g unsalted butter

110 g water, cold

Butter Dough

120 g flour

75 g unsalted butter

Filling

200 g chicken breast, cubed

300 g potatoes, cubed and pan-fried

10 shallots

1/2 cup coconut milk

10 g curry paste

1 carrot, cubed and boiled

50 g peas

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp sugar

2 tbsp flour

2 tbsp cooking oil

Directions:

For filling

Heat cooking oil in a wok. Stir-fry chopped onion till fragrant for 30 seconds.

Add curry paste into the wok. Cook till it changes color, a shade darker.

Combine the rest of the ingredients into the wok. Chicken pieces, potato cubes, carrot cubes, peas.

Cook for a couple of minutes over low heat.

Add coconut milk. Mix well with other ingredients.

Lastly, add flour. Let cook for a minute longer and remove from heat. Set aside.

For puff pastry

Mix all ingredients for water dough to a ball shape. Knead by hands or machine. Let rest, covered with kitchen towel.

Do the same with butter dough ingredients.

Roll water dough into a 30x 30 rectangle. Place butter dough right in the middle and fold water dough on top of it.

Flip the dough packet over and slowly roll the dough into long rectangle.

Fold the rectangle into three and lightly press the dough. Turn the dough to the left, 90 degree. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

Continue the folding and turning two more times with 10 minutes resting period.

Roll the dough into thin rectangle. Divide the sheet into two smaller sheets.

Grab one end and start rolling towards you. You will end up with two rolls. Let rest for 10 minutes, covered.

Cut each roll into 10 equal pieces. Rest for 10 minutes, covered.

Generously sprinkle flour on each piece and place them on counter, cut side up.

Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into round disk, about 2mm thick. Do this with the rest of the dough.

Let rest and covered for 10 minutes.

Fill each skin with 2 tbsp of curry filling. Fold the pastry into half moon shaped and pleat the sides neatly.

Do the same with the rest of the skin.

For frying

Heat cooking oil in a wok, enough to simmer the pastry, over low heat.

Fry the pastries, two or three at a time, without crowding the wok.

When the pastries float to the top of the oil, increase the heat to medium.

Cook for 3-5 minutes each side, till golden brown.

Drain on paper towel. Serve warm.

How to fold:

1. Place a couple of spoonfuls of filling right in the middle of pastry skin.

curry-puff-skin-step19.jpg

2. Close the sides into small moon-shaped. Squeeze the sides together firmly.

curry-puff-skin-step20.jpg

3. Pleat the side nicely. Turn and twist inwards.

curry-puff-skin-step21.jpg

Curry Puff, Karipok (I made before with my mummy's help, it was sedaplicious)

curry-puff-karipok.jpg

Ingredients:

Water Dough

210 g flour

60 g unsalted butter

110 g water, cold

Butter Dough

120 g flour

75 g unsalted butter

Filling

200 g chicken breast, cubed

300 g potatoes, cubed and pan-fried

10 shallots

1/2 cup coconut milk

10 g curry paste

1 carrot, cubed and boiled

50 g peas

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp sugar

2 tbsp flour

2 tbsp cooking oil

Directions:

For filling

Heat cooking oil in a wok. Stir-fry chopped onion till fragrant for 30 seconds.

Add curry paste into the wok. Cook till it changes color, a shade darker.

Combine the rest of the ingredients into the wok. Chicken pieces, potato cubes, carrot cubes, peas.

Cook for a couple of minutes over low heat.

Add coconut milk. Mix well with other ingredients.

Lastly, add flour. Let cook for a minute longer and remove from heat. Set aside.

For puff pastry

Mix all ingredients for water dough to a ball shape. Knead by hands or machine. Let rest, covered with kitchen towel.

Do the same with butter dough ingredients.

Roll water dough into a 30x 30 rectangle. Place butter dough right in the middle and fold water dough on top of it.

Flip the dough packet over and slowly roll the dough into long rectangle.

Fold the rectangle into three and lightly press the dough. Turn the dough to the left, 90 degree. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

Continue the folding and turning two more times with 10 minutes resting period.

Roll the dough into thin rectangle. Divide the sheet into two smaller sheets.

Grab one end and start rolling towards you. You will end up with two rolls. Let rest for 10 minutes, covered.

Cut each roll into 10 equal pieces. Rest for 10 minutes, covered.

Generously sprinkle flour on each piece and place them on counter, cut side up.

Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into round disk, about 2mm thick. Do this with the rest of the dough.

Let rest and covered for 10 minutes.

Fill each skin with 2 tbsp of curry filling. Fold the pastry into half moon shaped and pleat the sides neatly.

Do the same with the rest of the skin.

For frying

Heat cooking oil in a wok, enough to simmer the pastry, over low heat.

Fry the pastries, two or three at a time, without crowding the wok.

When the pastries float to the top of the oil, increase the heat to medium.

Cook for 3-5 minutes each side, till golden brown.

Drain on paper towel. Serve warm.

How to fold:

1. Place a couple of spoonfuls of filling right in the middle of pastry skin.

curry-puff-skin-step19.jpg

2. Close the sides into small moon-shaped. Squeeze the sides together firmly.

curry-puff-skin-step20.jpg

3. Pleat the side nicely. Turn and twist inwards.

curry-puff-skin-step21.jpg

hehe yay! another contribution! I always wanted to learn how to make curry puffs! Thanks for sharing!

-- Oscar Wilde

I love this frozen treat,something not as sinful as ice cream or gelato. It is really simple and it is very refreshing.

Get some seedless dark or green grapes.

Wash them clean, remove the stalks.

Put them in a bowl and place them in the freezer section.

Wait for a few hours, let them be ice solid.

After they are frozen, serve and pop each fruit into your mouth.

Crush the grape in your mouth, icing and sweetness oozes and spread along your tongue!

Cool feeling after a tiring run or workout...

A healthy treat

frozen+grapes+08+28+10+-+reduced.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So for today, we have a very simple meal of Garlic and egg fried rice! I suppose the way i fry it is more chinese than jap. hahaha took me awhile to learn to cook it just the way i liked it!

So we start by frying up whatever ingredients u want inside. For today, i used minced pork.

photo1-2.jpg

Always remember to marinate your meat first! One or 2 hours prior should be sufficient. I stir fried it with a little garlic just to make sure it is nice and fragrant. Now scoop it up and put is aside. Now we get on to the rice!

photo3-2.jpg

Pardon the picture. No matter how many times i upload it, it still turns out like this. So the basic seasoning i use for this is Fish Sauce, Sesame Oil, Pepper and Soya Sauce. I'll leave out the amount of which i put in cause i realized that my taste tends to be a little more towards salty. But for a rough guide, just sufficient fish sauce to give the rice its color, about 2 tea spoons of sesame oil for the fragrance and soya sauce if it isnt salty enough. Once again, i have a very salty palette! So please augment from here.

You should also prepare overnight rice. Reason we dont use freshly cooked rice is because overnight rice (refrigerated) has less moisture. Which is necessary for fried rice as we should be able to separate the grains. Or else we'd just end up with mush when u fry it!

Beat 2 eggs and season it with pepper and some salt. Now we begin frying!

photo2-2.jpg

Start with frying the garlic in oil! When its browning, throw the rice in! Now becareful not to smash the rice into baby food. Lightly press down on it so you can undo the clumps. Fry it around and add in the seasonings. Fry it a little more and when it becomes less moist, pour the egg over the rice and mix it around. This gives the rice a nice golden color!

photo5-2.jpg

haha im a very much western influenced. Thus u can see that im frying it in a non-stick pan. Most people would say its necessary to fry it in a wok. I just think that as long as the food comes out tasting good, WHO CARES?! =P After adding the egg, it'll all be gooey and all. So turn up the heat and fry it around until it becomes drier and awesome! Usually i would add some herbs in but someone used it all and forgot to replenish!

Also, some people insist that u should fry the egg first then throw the rice into the egg. Well, i prefer frying my rice before coating it in the egg. So it's all up to you guys. No right nor wrong!

photo-3.jpg

ta dah! Hope u guys like it! =P Like my post for more recipes in the future!

-- Oscar Wilde

So for today, we have a very simple meal of Garlic and egg fried rice! I suppose the way i fry it is more chinese than jap. hahaha took me awhile to learn to cook it just the way i liked it!

So we start by frying up whatever ingredients u want inside. For today, i used minced pork.

photo1-2.jpg

Always remember to marinate your meat first! One or 2 hours prior should be sufficient. I stir fried it with a little garlic just to make sure it is nice and fragrant. Now scoop it up and put is aside. Now we get on to the rice!

photo3-2.jpg

Pardon the picture. No matter how many times i upload it, it still turns out like this. So the basic seasoning i use for this is Fish Sauce, Sesame Oil, Pepper and Soya Sauce. I'll leave out the amount of which i put in cause i realized that my taste tends to be a little more towards salty. But for a rough guide, just sufficient fish sauce to give the rice its color, about 2 tea spoons of sesame oil for the fragrance and soya sauce if it isnt salty enough. Once again, i have a very salty palette! So please augment from here.

You should also prepare overnight rice. Reason we dont use freshly cooked rice is because overnight rice (refrigerated) has less moisture. Which is necessary for fried rice as we should be able to separate the grains. Or else we'd just end up with mush when u fry it!

Beat 2 eggs and season it with pepper and some salt. Now we begin frying!

photo2-2.jpg

Start with frying the garlic in oil! When its browning, throw the rice in! Now becareful not to smash the rice into baby food. Lightly press down on it so you can undo the clumps. Fry it around and add in the seasonings. Fry it a little more and when it becomes less moist, pour the egg over the rice and mix it around. This gives the rice a nice golden color!

photo5-2.jpg

haha im a very much western influenced. Thus u can see that im frying it in a non-stick pan. Most people would say its necessary to fry it in a wok. I just think that as long as the food comes out tasting good, WHO CARES?! =P After adding the egg, it'll all be gooey and all. So turn up the heat and fry it around until it becomes drier and awesome! Usually i would add some herbs in but someone used it all and forgot to replenish!

Also, some people insist that u should fry the egg first then throw the rice into the egg. Well, i prefer frying my rice before coating it in the egg. So it's all up to you guys. No right nor wrong!

photo-3.jpg

ta dah! Hope u guys like it! =P Like my post for more recipes in the future!

U are making me hungry.... Can I come over an eat someday? I'll bring desserts.

If you wanna cook soup for a loved one and don't wish to spend so much effort, here is a super easy recipe for you to follow.

All you need is:

1 medium cabbage

3 carrots

~1 litre of water

Cut the carrots in to chunks (don't dice them up).

Cut cabbage into 4 and remove the core and cut them into similar size as the carrots

Throw everything into the pot and boil for 15min and simmer for the next 30-40min

Season with some salt and you are good to go!

*no pics cos I thought I would just contribute something real easy.

12052112595bc5ffc632db779d.jpg

成人巧克力问世 一口咬下去还会“爆浆”

现代多元化的社会对于成人情趣用品,已经有相当程度的开放,甚至于还会许多年轻女生在公开场合,对着假阳具品头论足讨论心得。然而情趣巧克力也相当具有人气,西班牙就推出了《棒状巧克力》!

这款《棒状巧克力》虽然这是巧克力,但就是因为巧克力色的外型与男性阳具实在非常相似,甚至连「爆筋」的外观都非常写实,被称为「让人最害羞的巧克力」!   这款名叫「SEX & Chocolate」是由西班牙一间名叫「United Indecent Pleasures」公司所推出,大部分都是手工所生产,大小约为8英寸。外层是香浓可口的黑巧克力,然后里头包有六种口味可选的内馅,虽然外表长的很像 阳具,不过都是货真价实的巧克力。

而《棒状巧克力》外包装相当别緻,乍看像是时尚精品,里头包的内馅共有六种口味可以选:薄荷软糖、橙软糖、4种利口酒软糖,也就是说如果一口咬下去之后,就会有近似「爆浆」效果!

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some simple Thai street food recipes if you wan :-) very spicy tho...

pls do share! i wanna know what goes into green curry, and from scratch pls...

i would like to cook that from my bf... perhaps i'll throw in some clams and sotong for the green curry...

apparently, he doesn't fancy my cooking ala masterchef.... he just loves me to stick to some asian cuisine... haiz...

simple, tried and tested, old-fashioned cooking... haiz...

sometimes i would just cheat and get those readymade paste from the supermarket...

pls do share! i wanna know what goes into green curry, and from scratch pls...

i would like to cook that from my bf... perhaps i'll throw in some clams and sotong for the green curry...

apparently, he doesn't fancy my cooking ala masterchef.... he just loves me to stick to some asian cuisine... haiz...

simple, tried and tested, old-fashioned cooking... haiz...

sometimes i would just cheat and get those readymade paste from the supermarket...

post some pics pls!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_m6tmm1LFMK1r7lx9jo1_400.jpg

Had sweet potato soup for breakfast this morning.

It's simple to cook, delicious and healthy.

Recipe (for 2 servings):

• 2 cups of water
  • 2 tablespoon of sugar
  • 4 big slices of ginger
  • 2 blades of pandan leaves
  • 1 large sweet potato (peel and cut into bite-sized chunks)

Boil the water with sugar, ginger & pandan leaves in a pot;

and then add in the sweet potatoes to cook for about 10 minutes.

Edited by jcho

That looks good the sweet potato soup. It looks more like a dessert to me. My take on a sweet potato soup is more of a savoury texture.

Oh well, anyway, I made whole wheat spaghetti with homemade meatballs. Can find the recipe online. But I love playing around with the recipe. I prefer eyeballing things then measuring them (unless I'm baking; precision is key to a wonderfully done baked goods)

Meatballs:

About 500 g of minced meat

1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs (you can use a stale day old bread and process it)

Garlic

Parmesan Cheese

Dried Basil

1 Egg

Parsley (dried or fresh)

Salt

Yay new recipes!

I'm sorry for not maintaining the thread! Been quite busy! So today i shall share my Aglio Olio recipe! =P

This has to be my favorite recipe! I love the spiciness, the fragrance of the garlic and not to mention the versatility of it. Depending of the ingredients that you add, the taste of the end product will differ!

So, lets start with the basics, no matter where u eat it, aglio basically stir fried pasta (in olive oil) with plenty of garlic and chili. (In most cases, bacon is used!)

photo1-3.jpg

start by stir frying the bacon. I would definitely suggest using a nonstick pan. Dont use oil and just let the bacon cook in its own fats before u pour the oil in. Adding some bacon and perhaps 1 or 2 chili padi before the bacon turns crispy brown will help give it more of a kick!

photo2-3.jpg

your finished product should look something like this. Crispy bacon with golden brown garlic bits in it! OMNOMNOM! Pour it onto a plate and leave it there. DO NOT pour the oil away!

Now on to the actual cooking!

photo3-3.jpg

start off by frying plenty of garlic and some chili padi. Watch the heat. U want the garlic to brown but not burn! Add some salt to bring out the fragrance. At this point, i would throw in the other ingredients. This portion of pasta i cooked with minced pork, bacon and portobello mushrooms! So just throw it in, stir fry until the color and flavors are out. Throw in some spices (basil, parsley etc etc) and get the noodles into the pan. Usually i find that there is too little oil to actually fry the noodles. And this is where the bacon's oil comes in. Its really tasty and too good to waste! Pour it in and stir fry the pasta until it becomes slightly darker colored. Do a taste test and see if you wish to add more chili padi or salt. Plate and serve while hot!

photo4-2.jpg

good for a simple dinner or a picnic! Bon appetite! =P (Like if u want more recipes!)

Edited by Retadin

-- Oscar Wilde

An easy to cook chicken soup:

tumblr_m7gdlu4ABm1r7lx9jo10_r1_400.jpg

Recipe (for 3 servings):

tumblr_m7gdlu4ABm1r7lx9jo8_r1_400.jpgtumblr_m7gdlu4ABm1r7lx9jo9_r1_400.jpg

• 3 1/2 cups of water
  • 6 chicken drumsticks (remove skin)
  • 1 yellow onion (peel & cut into 4 quarters)
  • 2 carrots (peel & cut into bite-sized chunks)
  • 1 tablespoon of wolfberries (rinse)
  • 4 cloves of garlic (peel)
  • 3/4 teaspoon of salt

Boil the water in a pot and then add all the above-mentioned & simmer (with the lid on) for about 1/2 hour.

This soup is particularly good for the eyes (plenty of beta-carotene from carrots & wolfberries).

hmm? haha i use trial and error. Plus cooking for me is always about the person im cooking for. So it's good to know their likes and dislikes. so u can know how much stuff is needed. Most importantly, TASTE WHILE COOKING. lol then u know whats missing.

-- Oscar Wilde