Male HQ

Why We Buy Apple Products...

I would say OpenSource OS will have more future.

An example is Android OS, an opensource project fund by Google to provide Mobile device an Operating System.

The Core of Android is base on Linux Kernel, Another OpenSource Project started by Linus Torvalds.

Another Good Exam of OpenSource is Mozilla Firefox. An OpenSource project by Mozilla Foundation.

You can see the increase number of Android user and software like Firefox.

This proves that Open Standard allows the developer to do what they like and combine it with many other programmers work, and form a Powerful software and is Free to Use for life.

I like the design, the interface, and most importantly, the software I need to use it only Mac-available. Furthermore I am used to using Mac since 2006, rather than Windows.

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

I would say OpenSource OS will have more future.

An example is Android OS, an opensource project fund by Google to provide Mobile device an Operating System.

The Core of Android is base on Linux Kernel, Another OpenSource Project started by Linus Torvalds.

Another Good Exam of OpenSource is Mozilla Firefox. An OpenSource project by Mozilla Foundation.

You can see the increase number of Android user and software like Firefox.

This proves that Open Standard allows the developer to do what they like and combine it with many other programmers work, and form a Powerful software and is Free to Use for life.

In other words, an open park vs a walled garden. In my younger days, I prefer open park but as I grow older, I do not have the time and energy to chase after bleeding edge technology. Now I prefer walled garden where I can plug, sync and go - no need to worry if jailbreaking brick the device, or waiting for the latest code to jailbreak the latest firmware, etc.

I tell my iPhone friends this, and I honestly mean it with no offense.

why is the iPhone so good? because everything in the software is laid out nicely for u... u buy the phone, turn it on and it's all just there. one good example is the camera. why people say iPhone camera so good? cos it's laid out for u. u can't change ANYTHING in there unlike the android/WP where u can adjust ur ISO settings, white balance, scene, macro etc..

and what does that mean? it hinders the progress of humanity. if people are all set out to use something that's already done for them, then there is no space to progress, no desire to outdo the self. and that's why i love android. because rooting, flashing custom ROMs etc.. make me learn a lot about IT stuff. i learn a lot about photography from android too. i like it a lot, it's self-enriching

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

why is the iPhone so good? because everything in the software is laid out nicely for u... u buy the phone, turn it on and it's all just there. one good example is the camera. why people say iPhone camera so good? cos it's laid out for u. u can't change ANYTHING in there unlike the android/WP where u can adjust ur ISO settings, white balance, scene, macro etc..

and what does that mean? it hinders the progress of humanity. if people are all set out to use something that's already done for them, then there is no space to progress, no desire to outdo the self. and that's why i love android. because rooting, flashing custom ROMs etc.. make me learn a lot about IT stuff. i learn a lot about photography from android too. i like it a lot, it's self-enriching

But would you do this until old age, rooting, flashing custom ROMs? For me, that's in the past.

And it's really up to individual's drive to progress and to outdo one self, and that does not depend on a phone.

Anyway, we are going off-topic as the topic is "Why We Buy Apple Products..." - you can start your own thread on "Why We Buy Andriod Products...".

Edited by victorp

Can't u do this with apps?

I use camera360 on my android, but I'm not sure about iPhones.

I buy Apple products because the software is great, hardware works well with minimal tweaks.

As for preventing progress, while I agree that superior software may make people lazy and thereby hinder the progress of humanity (ahem), there's lots of stuff u can do on Apple products, and it's very possible to tweak the software through jail breaking, learning to program in terminal etc.

As for the photography aspect, my iPhone takes great pictures, especially with apps. :) I leave the adjustment of WB, ISO etc to my main camera.

i like how the surface stopped working halfway LOL!

I LOL-ed when the guy said, "hang on a sec..." and started scrubbing at the Surface! This is why we buy Apple products... It's not only the awesome-ness of the device, it's also the awesome-ness of the marketing. People buy Apple because the marketing strategy is immaculate. Even if better devices come along, their marketing strategy will never match up to Apple's.

agree, have not experienced any virus attack since changing to imac & macbook more than 5 years ago (touch wood)

Absolutely agree on this!!! I had not experienced any undesirable viral attacks since I crossed over to macbook pro more than a year ago.

안녕하세요.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely agree on this!!! I had not experienced any undesirable viral attacks since I crossed over to macbook pro more than a year ago.

That's because most of the population uses Windows. So to people malicious intents, it would make more sense to design viruses or any other malicious softwares with Windows in mind rather than Mac.

It's really a case of them choosing not to attack macs rather than macs being invulnerable.

Anyway, back to the topic. Apple has done a brilliant job with their marketing with it's stylish design and easy-to-use features for lazy people. Also helps that the younger demography likens Mac with artsy-fartsy lifestyle and the supposedly non-conforming culture of the users. But if you dig beyond the pretty outer layer, the parts inside are ridiculously cheap but marked-up because of the brand. So, as a rational and practical consumer, I would rather get a non-Mac product with the same or in most cases, superior, specs than buy one mediocre product with a 200% marked-up in price simply because it has an apple stencilled on it.

Guys, my original post was not meant to be literal. It's rather a sarcastic dig at The Windows OS. I have Windows. In a network environment at work, it's slow and not as responsive as Apple's. There's always a gazillion things wrong with the system.

The video link I posted says it all. I hope it goes extinct in ten years time.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.