Male HQ

Inconsiderate Neighbours

oreo

Think the only solution is to stay on the top level next time when u move hse, then u wld not hear furniture dragging sound. Haha.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

• 3 months later...
Guest bearbear

Manage to speak to the Constituency Director of my smc, she is willing to help me to forward my email to HDB to follow up with the neighbour on top. I told her to hold on for the time being cos the noise became lower after i yelled at her over the window 2 mornings ago that if she don't stop her nonsense, i will have no choice but to call the police or email Member of Parliament for help. Although now still some small noises, but i can choose to ignore, cos i can't expect total silent during day time. As for night, is rather peaceful since the yelling. I am keeping my fingers crossed..... 

Things didnt get well even tiil now.  Sigh.... HDB can even reply that we sometime have to be tolerance towards one and another as we are staying in HDB... Really got nothing to say.

Below is her new stunt :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123599470@N07/

If 1 day, my MP from the white shirt loses the election, blame HDB, the representative from there is so non proactive, have to call him to get updates and even when he came to my house, he claims that he knock onto my door but no one response and i told him off that i left him with my mobile why is it impossible for him to call me.  So if my MP loses the election in 2016, please blame HDB and not the voters. The representatives from the relevant department is not able to deliver what is promise.... 

Guest victim

So if my MP loses the election in 2016, please blame HDB and not the voters. The representatives from the relevant department is not able to deliver what is promise.... 

The government may be doing a good job but whatever good done is easily UNDONE by their civil servants.

A smoker from my unit below is having complete freedom to smoke in areas clearly defined as prohibited in NEA's website.

My written complaints to NEA were usless. 

In one of my phone calls to them, this is what I took away with me:  YOU HAVE TO FEND FOR YOUSELF. WE DO NOT WORK 24/7.

My windows and door have to be shut all the time.

"so if my MP loses the election in 2016, please blame HDB and not the voters. The representatives from the relevant department is not able to deliver what is promise...."    

In my case, it is NEA.

Guest Guest

How about those stupid loud and noisy funeral wakes and getai with papers burning patches on the ground , those stupid noisy chants that lead to nowhere and those horrible sounding bands ! In Hong Kong ,these are not allowed in the public , it is to be in the funeral parlors and no religious practice to be held in any estates ! Even the dead and their families here does not allow peace to the living who needs to sleep in the day ! No need to guess where these dead will be after death , definitely in hell for disturbances created to the living ! !

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Disturb

-bearbear-: Our family encountered the same situation as you.  It all started many years ago when a cuckoo-couple (this is what we term/label them!) moved to live above our unit.  The lady smoke at the kitchen window, flicked ashes into our kitchen and threw down the lighted cigarettes that eventually caused burn-marks on our clothing.  Initially, we went up to talk nicely to them but she turned to deaf ear and continued such dangerous acts.  Eventually, the police was called in to resolve the matter.  I know she does not concede in the wrong as she insisted that there was no cause fire. 

The next hell thing from her was her carrying out of packaging works in one of the bedrooms in the middle of the night from 1am to 5-5.30am every day from Mon to Fri for nearly a year.  Her neighbour told me that she is on Motherhood selling infancy products.  According to HDB, she claimed she had to watch over her kid (only 1 kid at this time) during the day and could only do packing in the wee hours after the kid fell asleep.  And the dumb-ass HDB junior lady said that she could not do anything since the noise was made within the owner's unit.  I went further to complain to a senior HDB officer and don't know what happen, the cuckoo-husband came down not to apologise but insisted that the packing was not noisy and we should inform them in future should there be any noise again.  I told him that had they been considerate and exercise common-sense, there would not be any need to knock on their door.  Anyway, these are senseless, shameless and unculture people!

Two years ago, her hell-mother came over to look after the two kids and hell worsened to another level!  I caught her telling her mother about us complaining to the police.  Since then, the hell-mother hanged out wet and undrain laundry (seriously, there was no attempt at all to drain/squeeze the water from the laundry - it was so bad!).  When I informed the hell-mother of the wet laundry and to my surprise, this shameless elderly exclaimed in Mandarin that "just water only, no big deal".  Finally, we stopped hanging out our laundry and let the unit below to deal with the water-drench laundry issue.  One fine day, there was a heated row in early morning (before 7am) as the dumb-ass mother washed and brought out drench curtains.  Don't know what powerful weapon the neighbour below did that eventually, the dripping stopped!

Now, the next provocative act by the hell-mother is to overhang both their shipyard coverall that dropped onto my window.  Several of my neighbours also told us that the hell-mother even overhanged bedsheets that completely shadowed our windows.  I had once took a photo of the incident in my phone but lost this piece of evidence when my phone was lost.

These people are the 'social nuisance' as what Minister K Shangmugan said and Singapore needs to come up new legislation to deal with them, so that they will be civic-minded and considerate to people living around especially in public housing.  Before this, we can only endure and live at the mercy of these people.

Guest george

To the who posted on 17th may, u are very rude!

You label those funeral chants n band as stupid. U cursed the dead to hell. Please be kind and more tolerant.

I m not a supporter of funeral band or joss paper, but I dont label them, I dont curse them. This is a civilised multi cultural society.

Guest Guest

Two years ago, her hell-mother came over to look after the two kids and hell worsened to another level! I caught her telling her mother about us complaining to the police. Since then, the hell-mother hanged out wet and undrain laundry (seriously, there was no attempt at all to drain/squeeze the water from the laundry - it was so bad!). When I informed the hell-mother of the wet laundry and to my surprise, this shameless elderly exclaimed in Mandarin that "just water only, no big deal". Finally, we stopped hanging out our laundry and let the unit below to deal with the water-drench laundry issue. One fine day, there was a heated row in early morning (before 7am) as the dumb-ass mother washed and brought out drench curtains. Don't know what powerful weapon the neighbour below did that eventually, the dripping stopped!

One way is to request help from your neighbour two level up to hang up wet laundry when theirs are about to try..so they will feel how annoying it could be.

This is Singapore and if we happen to live in public housing i.e., HDB estate, we have to accept the different ethnic activities throughout the year.  My place at Potong Pasir is no different..

I have an Indian temple barely 100 metres away, St. Andrew's students hanging around the football court daily, the construction of the new annex to the community club downstairs.  Complaint... to who?  I chose to live with it... Understanding and accepting our neighbours - even the weird ones, the troublesome ones... all come in all shapes and sizes.. Don't quarrel with them.. After all, our flat is our place of solace.. peace...resting place after a long day of work and "xian" office colleagues...why stress ourselves further, leh?

If afraid of wet laundry, best is to stay the highest floor, then no one can disturb u.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I have a "singer" neighbor. She loves to sing loudly (although she does sing well, but no thank you at late night and early morning talentime). She also likes to laugh loudly, those kind of wayang laughter... <_<

She also has a problem with her TV volume. She and her brother, (sometimes with the father) could be watching TV in the bedroom (my bedroom is linked wall to wall with their's). Called the police once and back to square one after that. The best method? Bang on the wall and it works! Immediate reduction of volume of her singing and/or the TV.

The blessing? She is currently employed and sometimes can be away for days. No, i do not miss her singing and TV. :P

If afraid of wet laundry, best is to stay the highest floor, then no one can disturb u.

seem like wet laundry is a common problem to HDB dwellers. My block always got water droplets from 5th to the top floor. And I realised all are old women housewife. Just don't understand why do they do this. They are housewives for life they should know this. 2@$#&^%***&2g?.,> :smokin:  :twisted:  :angry:  :huh:  ^_^  ;)

sleepy

Guest th56

seem like wet laundry is a common problem to HDB dwellers. My block always got water droplets from 5th to the top floor. And I realised all are old women housewife. Just don't understand why do they do this. They are housewives for life they should know this. 2@$#&^%***&2g?.,> :smokin:  :twisted:  :angry:  :huh:  ^_^  ;)

One way is to request help from your neighbour two level up to hang up wet laundry when theirs are about to try..so they will feel how annoying it could be.

I had a neighbours who do exactly what mentioned above especially when my clothes about to dry, then she hangs her China made black lingerie, all dripping wet dripping down.

what I did was to use a video camera shoot her wet laundry dripping from her floor down to the units that her wet laundry causes other people's unit clothes , then i shoot video of her front door showing her unit number, then I burn the videos to CD-R and DVDs , put it in an envelope,  then label it adrressed to YOUTUBE, and then drop it in her postbox, later on she go the message , then she only hang dry clothes out to dry and hang her dripping wet clothes only where the aircon compressor ledge is, so that it will not wet other people's clothes anymore

Guest Auntie Lucy

I noticed more and more young aunties now don't have to work.  They can't find job, don't want to work or simply too engrossed looking after babies, dogs, or sleeping at home.  I almost always see them everyday, everywhere, chit-chatting around in groups. Sometime their loitered alone, early in the morning, sometime late evening, most of the time in group in the afternoon.  I mean, they are probably in their late 30s to early 50s. I am sure it is still a productive age to the economy right? why ain't they working and spend so much productive hours handling with their dogs?

Cld be their husband earn big bucks enough for them to stay hm and no need to work?!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Auntie Lucy

Cld be their husband earn big bucks enough for them to stay hm and no need to work?!

No leh, they mostly stay in HDB 3-room or 4-room flat I noticed. If hushand rich, stay in condominium or landed property already. Besides, HDB so small, but keep dogs?

Guest Guest

No leh, they mostly stay in HDB 3-room or 4-room flat I noticed. If hushand rich, stay in condominium or landed property already. Besides, HDB so small, but keep dogs?

The dogs will be useful when the husbands are busy making money and not at home all the time .........

Guest Guest

How to you deal with your neighbor when his dog barks non stop? Sometimes also cries like a wolf!

I feel like leaving a nice piece of steak laden with xxx for the dog!

Stay in 3 or 4 rm hdb doesnt 100% mean they are poor. Hdb allow owner to keep one dog only.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

How to you deal with your neighbor when his dog barks non stop? Sometimes also cries like a wolf!

I feel like leaving a nice piece of steak laden with xxx for the dog!

If the whole block complaint on tht unit, the authority cld step in to do something to improve the suitation. But if only u alone complaint the dog, dun think it wld change anything but u just need to endure the barking.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Auntie Lucy

Stay in 3 or 4 rm hdb doesnt 100% mean they are poor. Hdb allow owner to keep one dog only.

The problem is one unit one dog, the dog breed, give to the next unit, and than it adds on.  Why I think so because all these aunties have similar bred dogs and color. When one barked, the rest follows like orchestra. How annoying can that be.

The problem is one unit one dog, the dog breed, give to the next unit, and than it adds on.  Why I think so because all these aunties have similar bred dogs and color. When one barked, the rest follows like orchestra. How annoying can that be.

Haha, tis is called gd things must share with others ma!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

No choice, no matter where u go here, gay pple still 'unwelcome' by many pple in sg.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

If the whole block complaint on tht unit, the authority cld step in to do something to improve the suitation. But if only u alone complaint the dog, dun think it wld change anything but u just need to endure the barking.

Easier to just get rid of it!

• 5 months later...
Guest Advice needed

Always faced this nuisance aunties at the void deck. Everyday they got this "gossip" gathering on the same time. Sometime, they even brought with them portluck so that they can all eat and talk at the same time.  Void deck became their picnic place and when they gathered, they can talk non-stop for more than two hours.  They don't have to cook for their children, their husband?  It was every evening time.  It started from 5pm and last until 7.30pm.  The voice can be heard from the 12th storey.  I noticed they have the resilient power to meet every day without fail, storm or shine.  If Singapore have sandstorm like china, it won't get rid of this  San Ku Liu Po too.   Anyway to scare these regular nuisance pests at the void deck?  If a gay guy walked pass, they will all stare and star to whisper among themselves.  Bloody freaky situaion you want to avoid.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 6 years later...

Today is my rest day and my neighbour from the opposite block switched on his / her music so loud that I have to close all my windows so that the noise is contained. As it is not after 11 p.m., the neighbourhood policemen cannot be activated.  

Next door neighbousr are having renovations for the whole month. They don't do renovation when I'm at work. When I'm resting at home, then they start doing their renovations and worse, smoking so many cigarettes while renovating. The smoke is so smelly and also poisonous. Why do they want others to have shorter lifespan? 

• G_M unlocked this topic

@thickpec you have the wonderful attributes of being a fully fledged 'Grumpy old man. All your 5 posts make me feel like I was watching that wonderful comedy series from the Uk where they just let things go that bother them and get it all off of their chests. It's called Grumpy Old Men, you can still see episodes on youtube. Keepem coming.😂

• G_M locked this topic