Male HQ

What To Do To Get Free Wireless Surfing Overseas?

Can anyone advise, what to do to enable to get connected to free wireless surfing while overseas with your own carrying laptop which has its own built-in wifi capability?

Say to surf free in Starbucks Coffee Outlet overseas or other places? What kind of setting do I need to do first? Tks so much.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Steps to connect your computer/notebook to wireless network:

pic1apt0.th.jpg

1. Right click the wireless network icon, then click on 'View Available Wireless Networks.

2. The 'Wireless Network Connection' window [below] should appear and you will see your wireless network listed. If you don't see any network, click 'Refresh network list' int he upper left corner.

pic1bit1.th.jpg

3. Click the network that you want to connect, then click 'Connect' in the lower right corner.

4. If there is no prompting to key in the 'Network key', enjoy your coffee and start surfing :)

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I remembered that while I was in KL's Lao Yat Plaze, last year, I can connect to the free wireless network of Starbuck. There are instructions on the table with setting and passwords for free connections, but was limited to 3 customers only.

Another place, surprisingly was "Da Ma" Gardens Food center in JB. Was able to mooch (note: I am not encouraging it. Mooching mean the using of free internet access without permission) the connection while showing my friend how to use wireless PDA. :D

Just wanna add that in most cafes, restaurants etc etc that offer free wifi, there usually won't be any WEP/WPA key to type in. Most of them will authenticate their users using a capture portal. Meaning when you fire up your web browser, you'll automatically see an authentication webpage very much like your Hotmail or whatever mail login page. From there, you'll have to key in the username and password before you can start surfing the net.(If username and password are not provided from the standee on your table, you gotta ask the person behind the counter for them)

Gachi, mooching in Malaysia is rampant since it's still pretty much a grey area in the eyes of the law. Unlike Sg, no one here has been caught and penalized for mooching. The onus is on the wireless network owner to secure his network using various methods like WEP/WPA and MAC address filtering. Even then, anyone with some technical knowledge will be able to hack into your wireless network using various sniffing programs out there.

A lot of food centers over here do provide free wifi to their customers as a value added service. So you're probably not mooching when you're in that food garden in JB cos' most of these guys will just broadcast their wifi signals openly to let their customers get online. In fact, a lot of pubs do that too. It's not uncommon to see bookies sitting on bar counters clicking furiously on their laptops to place bets or check the latest soccer scores over here. ;)

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

Aiyo...Lungker, stop hijacking the thread lah! And no smooching in public, please! ;) (Where I came from, they would pelt you with stones for such flagrant public display of affection!)

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the songs. :D

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

Oralb Travel Tip for the day

In MY - Starbucks provides free wireless

in TH - You have to purchase a wireless pre-paid card from the counter

alternatively try hotel lobby, quite a few provides free wireless surfing in their lobby.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

i remembered it is around 150bht for 1 hour, that's around $6

of coz going to internet cafe is much cheaper.

try siam paragon and central Zen, was told there are free wireless in some of the cafes but never tried it.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Thanks OB.

I know that Cybercafe or Internet shop, quite reasonable their rate. I also noted a lot of angmoh in Bkk made use 'the skype phone' in internet cafe which very cheap the rate (I believe) but the place would be very noisy if everyone talking loud :angry:

Just to share experience when using the laptop in Bangkok's hotspots:

1. Bangkok’s new airport, no problem connecting to internet explorer (thanks to tips given by Ikutube & OralB and other how to connect it):

2. Decided not to carry the laptop to Starbuck’s Café for free hotspot as I didn’t want to carry the heavy thing while going shopping

3. Hotel where I was staying, the hotel hotspot in conjunction with using the pre-paid card which the hotel business centre selling it and the price was: Baht 200 for 1-hr, Baht 450 for 1 day and expired within 1-day. It was then more economical to use the internet shop which located next to hotel and cost Baht 60 for 1-hr where I did it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.