Male HQ

Why Gays Hate Their Bodies

doncoin

Fun blog article that is building up buzz in social media... amusing read if you take it with a grain of salt.

My business partner sent this to me, and we had a good laugh ticking off the points we are guilty of.

http://hommemaker.com/2012/08/20/why-the-gays-hate-their-bodies/

1. Because we are surrounded by images of perfect bodies.

2. Because we compare ourselves with our partners.

3. Because if you’re a gay guy with a boyfriend, this is what he sees every day in the locker room:

4. Because these are our most cherished community leaders:

5. Because gay people are more successful than other people, which makes them more competitive, with each other, which makes them more competitive about what their bodies look like.

6. Because we are always running around with our shirts off.

7. Because of fear.

8. Because all our friends look like Ken Dolls.

9. Because our most cherished teachers look like this:

10. Because we have nothing better to do.

Love. 

I don't hate my body. Being surrounded by others who have better bodies tend to make us strive to be better. (Just as being surrounded by slackers makes us complacent.)

I don't hate my body. Being surrounded by others who have better bodies tend to make us strive to be better. (Just as being surrounded by slackers makes us complacent.)

True.

We don't need to 'duplicate' ourselves to look like others. When we learn to love ourselves that is when we actually look after our bodies. Stop comparing unless in a positive way to improve ourselves not to outdo anyone. I told a client the other day, 'You better start working out now because when you get older or the body gets too out of shape, you will just be wasting your money and time and you know it is a real challenge.'

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Nonsense why should we hate our bodies ? We treasured what we have and make it better. We are just as other striaght gals and guys who working hard in gym to stay fit and healthy. Gals compared and dressed up to get beautiful, even straight boys gym hard and compared their muscles in gym, we work out to maintain and substain our self-confidence, nothing wrong about doing that :)

Because we're constantly in target of the male's beauty industry, ranging from fitness to fashion.

Obviously we're going to form our own conception of ideals just like women who are constantly bombarded with such messages would feel inferior about themselves.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I think u will only hate ur body if it is too skinny or too fat. Cos u dun dare to take off ur shirt esp when pple ask u to.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

It's all about image. People price you at face-value before adding in your inner values.

Especially in this gay circle, everything is about muscles, looks and muscles.

Most of my friends strive to be buff too. I'll stay twink.

Twink out! :thumb:

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

It's all about image. People price you at face-value before adding in your inner values.

Especially in this gay circle, everything is about muscles, looks and muscles.

Most of my friends strive to be buff too. I'll stay twink.

Twink out! :thumb:

I like the article!

Talking about market value! Hahaha! Yes most men (including myself) are pretty into muscles and good looks.

Doing all possible to keep looking hunky, then you'll possibly have higher chances of getting attached? I don't know.

It seems like like attracts like, cos most of the profiles I got are skinny people too -.- I'm like argh, I wanna a big guy, you know.

HAHA I'm shallow.

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• Guest locked this topic