Male HQ

Work Sucks But....they Pay Well

Guest If

You were given a chores, very very heavy chores that you feel so shit of going to work everyday, but they pay well. If you decided one day you cannot take it and wanted to leave, the boss will make life more difficult by saying that you shouldn't have sign the offer with that intention. Will you sign the offer if you urgently need some money? If integrity more important than survival?

If you were me, will you still uphold the ethical attitude? I thought there is this contract called probation right? If not why even put candidate on probation and the company cannot say the candidate is unethical for quitting before confirmation right?

Am I right or not? huh?

I'm not sure what you meant but... I don't think signing a job without intention to stay there permanently is anything against work integrity.

No matter how short your employment is, if you've done your share of job and made positive contributions to that company during your employment, it's good enough.

Unless they have invested a lot into your career development through training and such, yet you left directly without contributing... but most companies aren't that stupid, they're likely to bond you into their service for a few years if they've invested that much.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I recently made the choice of quitting my job without a job confirmation from another company... Just can't take it anymore =)

:ph34r: If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered :ph34r:

I think leaving a job which one doesn't enjoy is a definite must. But the comfort always lies in career planning.

Should always try to land the next job before going.

I have also made a transition once without thinking. But it was a very short 1-2 week break before I went for an interview and accepting a job. Breaks are great. However, I hear that if the unemployment period is longer than 3 months, interviewers will ask you to account for them.... something to think about.

Leaving within a probation period if you can't take it makes a lot of sense. No handling over and no struggling out for a month (or 3 months) till notice period ends.

Leaving a job without an immediate offer

Unless you are young and still living with your parents, please do NOT do it.

Being unemployed for a short while is fine but anything beyond a month is terrible.

The job market is only looking for Sales people to boost their overall numbers.

Even, rank and file workers are feeling the crunch nowadays.

Most of us cannot survive without 3-months salary without digging into our reserves ( if there is a reserve).

Leave only when the new job is secured.

It really helps to know there is another offer/job secured when you leave.

Creditable job performance

Stay in a job for at least 6 to 12 months.

A prospective employer wont consider someone who job-hops regularly.

For the below 30s, a 12 months tenure per job is ok.

Above 30s, unless you have very good reasons i.e. you were headhunted by the second company,

a 24 months stay-put in a job is recommended.

I agree with abang.

The only thing that's worse than working with a shitty company is living a shitty life.

Unless you are extremely wealthy, you still need to beat the cost of your expenses by generating steady stream of income.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

• Guest locked this topic