Male HQ

A Good Luxury Watch

Guest Watchseeker

Guest Watchseeker

Hi ,

Whats a good luxury watch for a young gay around 19? Preferably look fashionable and can be worn on a daily basis with casual wear. My budget is $1000 .

Help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Guest Watch seeker

Top up abit more can get you a Tag :)

If max $1000, think can go for AX or Issey Miyake?

Top up abit more can get you a Tag :)

If max $1000, think can go for AX or Issey Miyake?

What model for tag? I think most models look too laoya for me . I have a baby face though ... Most friends say I look 16-17 :P

Guest -None-

I collect fine watches. And as a collector, I think with the 1K budget, you can't buy any luxury watches at this price range. Sorry to say this but Tissot, Tag Heuer (low end range like the F1 series or the aqua bracer series doesn't count into luxury watch category. And if you're looking to a Tag that's within about 1K range, my suggestion is to go with Longines or Baume & Mercier of the similar price range will make more more worthwhile. The starting point for luxury watches are around 5K and up (after discount and negotiation). Happy watch hunting.

Guest -haolian-

$1000 u can only buy a watch, not a luxury watch. If $1k can become luxury, then Rolex is royalty?

Pls la, haven start earning, think of spending already, only 1 to haolian. buy 1 rolex then haolian la... age 19 best is G-Shock... wan to be stylo, bring a clock lor....

Guest -anti haolian-

if u r really luxury, then there should be no budget.... putting budget sounds like no money but still wanna act rich....

just buy $10 Thomas The Train watch la... jus right for ur baby face, baby brain & baby actions

Ts, there is nothing wrong with a tag. It fits your age n it's of good quality. I got my 1st tag at age 21, Cost $500. My 2nd tag at 28 at $3500. I am lucky to have a panerai n a iwc big pilot now but these two are not really "luxury" watches but good watches for my age group.

Edited by gstc82

Look at your daily activities and get one that suits your life style.

You have to decide yourself what is a good watch for you.

One might feel that is a good watch but your view differs. Each one has his own preference.

Follow your heart.

Just like love.

Guest watchseekers

a "mature" person like yourself chose to insult without knowing who the other parties are, making assumptions base on these few entries only shows how really "mature" your brain is.

guys chill ! i was just asking abt watches suitable for my age lol ^_^

No diff if your price range is on the lower end. For luxury watches, it's base on the people u know n type of watches u buy. Some brands like u boat, the sales guy can knock off abt 30 to 40% off retail price, where brands like Rolex, dun give discounts or extremely little. For iwc, it's own shop at ion orchard don't give discounts but if u know the right guy at shops like sincere, he may offer u some discounts abt 5% .

Guest watchseekers

so example my Watch X costs $900 at the X boutique and when i go to Sincere and nego with the person he can give me 15% off ... so does it come with conditions and things that are different compared to the watch i bought at the boutique?

I can always try. But I don't think they will knock off 15% on watches that cost $1000 or less. N brands like tag are in demand n prices are already low, I don't even think u can get 5% off. But u can always try. I don't think sincere watch Carries watch that are if lower cost. Buying a luxury watch or product is also about the experience. But pls don't haggle over price as it never classy, try to if u only really want to buy.

Guest watchseekers

i asked watches of switzerland and they are willing to lower my Tissot T race down to $748 from $880 abt 15% without any conditions so i feel suspicious ...

Guest Ah sia Kia

Si bey hao lian. Lao pei wu lwee?

1000 bucks? ahh... sorry... don't think there is much GOOD ones... Cheapest one i've got is 5.4k lol...

get a $3 watch from chinatown,choose a good design & put in in a nice box($2 from Daiso) = $5.

Put the remaining $995 in an ang-pow & give it to me lor.

Thank you in advance, uncle santa :)

Believe me, cost of watches like AX very low.

You paying for branding, ads, packaging, rental & comm.

(my AX , KENZO, DUNHILL, LANVIN watches collecting dust in my drawer)

I m wearing my favorite plastic wrist watch I bought from BK. Only 40 Bht.

The best gift is from the heart.

seriously the definition of luxury different from age to age.. to him A Tissot or TAG ald considered luxury.. nothing is wrong.. anyway TAG Formula 1 is the entry range that might suits your budget.. just go sincere and they will normally give 15 - 20% discount or just get a Tissot a decent and quality watch... or you may try BALL... 1300 you can get a beautiful one :)

Better to get a proper watch from a watch maker, than from a fashion brand.

Anyway, been wearing my good ole G Shock for 7-8 years, original battery, still working, still with the glow thingie working.

Saving the money for the future with my guy :)

Edited by qsefthu78

Guest Centrino

Hi ,

Whats a good luxury watch for a young gay around 19? Preferably look fashionable and can be worn on a daily basis with casual wear. My budget is $1000 .

Help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

$1000? As many have mentioned, you can't find "luxury" watches with that price. You can find nice watches with $1000, but don't go around telling people it is a "luxury" watch...cos those who collect watches and know watches will be laughing behind your back.

Fashion brand watches have no re-sale value. Always better to get a watch from the various watch maker brands if you are looking to invest.

Edited by Centrino

Guest Watchseeker

Thanks guys I have focused my search on tissot t race red series :)

And I'm looking for a premium fashion watch from a watchmaker btw

Guest Watch seeker

seriously the definition of luxury different from age to age.. to him A Tissot or TAG ald considered luxury.. nothing is wrong.. anyway TAG Formula 1 is the entry range that might suits your budget.. just go sincere and they will normally give 15 - 20% discount or just get a Tissot a decent and quality watch... or you may try BALL... 1300 you can get a beautiful one :)

What model for ball costs around 1300?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what do you guys think of an army boy buying a LUMINOX watch that costs $400? Its a birthday gift for myself and love the style. Any comments on the quality/better alternative?

If you like the style, that's all that matters.

Luminox is an established brand, American, but most famous for having come up with that glow-in-the-dark Tritium inserts used by tons of watches nowadays, from cheap made-in-China timepieces all the way to Patek Philippes.

As a watch, it probably lacks some brand power, being American and not Swiss made, but again at this price point and for this class of watch, it makes rather little difference.

In terms of "quality": that's highly subjective, although at that price point and given that's it's a quartz watch, the only real quality issues would be durability - ie how much bashing it can take, in which case Luminox is probably ok. Quartz watches aren't going to have issues like mechanical ones - eg losing time etc.

Personally I think it definitely makes more of a statement compared to the ubiquitous G-shocks. And Luminox being a watch company itself, with reasonably respectable background, I'd personally rank it above the fashion watches, which are just clothing brands selling licenses to other people to use their name on otherwise humdrum timepieces*.

* Speaking broadly of course, and excluding certain marques that take it rather more seriously, with varying degrees of success: Montres Dior, Ralph Lauren, Hermes, Chanel, and recently LV (trying very hard IMHO).

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Better to get a proper watch from a watch maker, than from a fashion brand.

Anyway, been wearing my good ole G Shock for 7-8 years, original battery, still working, still with the glow thingie working.

Saving the money for the future with my guy :)

Your guy is very lucky to have you as his bf since you are saving money for both of your future!

If you like the style, that's all that matters.

Luminox is an established brand, American, but most famous for having come up with that glow-in-the-dark Tritium inserts used by tons of watches nowadays, from cheap made-in-China timepieces all the way to Patek Philippes.

As a watch, it probably lacks some brand power, being American and not Swiss made, but again at this price point and for this class of watch, it makes rather little difference.

In terms of "quality": that's highly subjective, although at that price point and given that's it's a quartz watch, the only real quality issues would be durability - ie how much bashing it can take, in which case Luminox is probably ok. Quartz watches aren't going to have issues like mechanical ones - eg losing time etc.

Personally I think it definitely makes more of a statement compared to the ubiquitous G-shocks. And Luminox being a watch company itself, with reasonably respectable background, I'd personally rank it above the fashion watches, which are just clothing brands selling licenses to other people to use their name on otherwise humdrum timepieces*.

* Speaking broadly of course, and excluding certain marques that take it rather more seriously, with varying degrees of success: Montres Dior, Ralph Lauren, Hermes, Chanel, and recently LV (trying very hard IMHO).

Hey Mercutio, thanks so much for your insight. I guess I'll go with my choice then, maybe I'll post a pic once I've made the purchase.

Plus, in my opinion, once you fall for a watch, you'll work your way there to get it no matter how long it takes. It does not have to be pricey nor fashionable. All it takes is whether your heart and eyes are happy to see it everyday or not.

Agree that no decent luxury watch around that cost less than 1k.

However, if you want fashionable and casual, you can go for Fossil.

pretty resistant to wear-and-tear, and you can customize your own.

• Guest locked this topic