Male HQ

Would You Have A Child If The Government Allows?

Guest 2012

The ancient greek philosopher Socrates was described to have married two women and bear children as the Athenians passed an ordinance encouraging citizens to have children in order to increase the population likely due to the Peloponnesian War.

Now that the government has called for all Singaporeans to have more children to ensure a 'sustainable' population, I wonder how many here would consider having children if the government allows

1. Single males to adopt or have children via surrogacy?

2. Couples to adopt or have children via surrogacy?

Guest addict

yeah. surrogacy if i could! my bf says he wants the baby to look like me :oops:

but i personally prefer the baby to look like him. haha. nicer jawlines, taller, handsomer. lol

those who are not interested in surrogacy should really look into adoption though. Lots of poor things out there without someone to love them. (sorry i called them 'things' but it's a figure of speech).

but adopt only when you're ready to love them as your own man.

Guest ongwsjackson

Definitely. I'll choose adoption over surrogacy in a heartbeat.

Even by any insane minimal chance I am to marry a woman, I'll still go for adoption.

I believe if I can, I will want to give someone a better chance in life. And I know I'll love him as much as I would love my own.

Edited by jacksonongws

clone = self-love ? lol

compared with many legendary bw-ers here, i'm way behind in a self-love competition :)

gd night~

You are right, but...

When you have kids, all parents want them to look like themselves, have the same kind of career, as if they were an extension of the parents. Nothing wrong, I think, just human.

When the kids decide to do something different, you just wish to help them, and you are really proud of them if they succeed better than you.

Not sure it's self-love; I believe it's children' love, which is a good thing, don't you agree?

If we're in some future world where I can have a child with both our genes, I'm all yes. ;)

(Can surrogacy do that? I presume it can involve only one sperm donor and not two?)

If it's adoption, I honestly don't care right now. When the time comes, and if my partner is agreeable to adopting a child, then probably yes. But right now, I'm undecided.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Many of my friends in long term stable relationships really want kids. But it's just too expensive at the moment for surrogacy or overseas adoption via family member. On the other hand, I know a few guys who have kids through previous str8 rships.

My Bf and I do not plan on having children.

Im not very sure.

1. First scenario: being single, I cannot imagine raising a kid on my own. There is a whole lot of commitment in terms of food, clothes, care, healthcare, education, time etc. I would most likely be unable to juggle all my other commitments. Plus not to forget the awkwardness of a single man raising a child *gasp, what would the neighbours say!*

2. Second scenario: I guess if my future partner wants children, I might consider. See, there's dual income now to support child-rearing but I don't really know if I want kids. Kind of leaning towards no, but as always, never say never.

There's always the issue of social discrimination against a gay couple adopting kids. Even if the government says ok to gay couples to adopt or have children through surrogacy, social atitudes might not be so favourable. There's always subtle discrimination other people can practise against you or your children. That wouldn't be ideal would it?

Maybe it's just that I'm still young, so naturally child-rearing is not at the forefront of my mind. Maybe as I grow older, my thinking might change; I might become a pro-family activist and run out and adopt 10 kids ala Ms Jolie. LOL.

You are right, but...

When you have kids, all parents want them to look like themselves, have the same kind of career, as if they were an extension of the parents. Nothing wrong, I think, just human.

When the kids decide to do something different, you just wish to help them, and you are really proud of them if they succeed better than you.

Not sure it's self-love; I believe it's children' love, which is a good thing, don't you agree?

Agree. Actually, I think self-love is sort of a last survival kit.

I wanted a clone for a different reason. :)

high frequency | biologically hazardous | penetrating

A hilarious scenario would be that when the government actually allows us to have kids, the TFR would increase as a result!

I would love to have children but preferably by surrogation. Adoption would be second choice, just because I want to have my genes carry on. Hopefully he or she would not be LGBT and lead a straight life.

I would love to adopt a child but this would be unfair to the him/her given the fact that I can't provide a complete family.

What is a complete family? So those single parent families are incomplete?

• Guest locked this topic