Male HQ

Promotion Treat

Guest Jack

Guest Jack

Just seeking a poll here how many of you will treat your dept colleagues for lunch if you have a promotion ? Years ago, my supervisor, a clerk and an office girl got promoted but didn't treat colleagues of the same dept.

Last year, an executive of the my dept got promoted and she chipped in $ together with other colleagues from other dept and treated ALL the Co. staff for lunch.

This year, I got promoted but wonder whether I should treat my dept colleagues. However, the situation this year is that other people in the other depts ALL kept quiet and NO one initiate to throw a lunch for all. My character being the `low profile' type also dare not initiate, else people think why I so K.P.O.

My fear is that if I treat colleagues of same dept for lunch:-

1) I will be seen as `showing off' since my boss, the clerk and office girl didn't give treat some years back.

2) If don't give treat, people thought I am stingy.

So HOW ?

if u think throwing a full lunch is too "showing off", how abt little treats? like swiss chocolate for all staffs?

or tea break snacks?

or small little gifts for your dept pple for helping and supporting u?

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

hmmm.... my workplace.. when you get promoted.. you HAVE to treat wan. haha SAF. bo bien.

if really depends on your department got how many ppl lor. if very little ppl, just jio them go lunch, then when you are there, just treat them lor. dun really have the need to announce to the whole office that "you are treating."

if you prefer to do it discreetly, then you could just order some snacks (cakes, pastries) and bring to office and offer to everyone in your department lor.

just rem... your colleagues din give a treat.. and you yourself remember until now... so sometimes 要会做人 a bit lor.

Would It Shatter Your Illusion If This Angel Had Been Cursed?

http://shitou79.blogspot.com

Agreed with Stoner_cub, depending on how many people in your department.

If too big, then go for section.

If still too big, then just go with your subordinates lor.

Then another day, go with your lunch kakis and just treat them.

If you are afraid of being branded a show-off... then just make it informal.

My EX-colleagues still follow this treat-treat thing... :D

Promotion list just came out... Got a call recently from a EX-colleague.

Booking us for dinner treat.. Only about 6 - 8 of us.. so the treat always at Hotel buffet, seafood, etc... :lol:

Each office has its own "office culture" for doing Promotion Treat, mine one is normally a few co-workers got promotion at same time, so those guys would "join forces" to buy something nice to eat (normally variety of dim sum) to distribute to all staffs in the same department and also halal items like cakes for some Muslim co-workers.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Guest Jack

My unit just 6 staff (including me). Actually, they didn't provide support to me much as our nature of work is quiet independent, not project basis.

But some people don't eat beef, fish, chicken and not so spicy food, no jap/raw food etc. Hard to please everyone. Dunno what place to bring them man !

Guest Guest

Best option is don't treat... don't set precedence.

Such practice is unhealthy for work environment unless it's a small office environment.

Treat or no treat totally depends on yrself la...

why care what other people do?

if u an afford it make it big and invite everyone...

else make it a hush hush event within yr team/group..people u r close with or who have help u in one way or another...

there is nothing wrong in it...

Treat people with respect to earn respect from others.

Guest Guest

y bother to treat ppl?? r u promoted to a very high position? ppl r selfish and ungrateful. u treat them doesnt mean they will remember ur kindness.

if u want to, just treat those who u will be working closely with for a meal then.

Guest Guest

Hmmm... isn't promotion mean more shit thrown onto you with little pay increase? unless you are a MP ofcourse! :-)

Don't understand what is there to celebrate?

much have been said on this, we dont know your company culture so it is up to you to decide whether to throw the treat or not.

there are of coz other ways to show appreciation, like those who have help u before, go to them and thank them personally...

Hehe, the first group of people I would treat would be my parents [or family] :D:rolleyes: Next, would be my immediate boss so can still get another promotion :unsure::blink:

If there's a need to give a promotion treat, follow your heart - treat those that personally congratulate you :)

Anyway, Congratulations, Jack on your promotion! :)

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Well this is always something for us to think about. TO follow or not to follow or maybe to do it on a smaller scale. But whatever it is.. it is whats in ur heart that counts. DO wat u feel is right. dont bother about wat others say or do. Well at least thats what i hv been practising.

Remember >> YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY !!

Oh yes , Congrats on ur promotion!! Are we included in ur list of invitees to your treat ???

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

Guest Lookingood

Having been promoted a few times myself, my advice is to give a treat at least to your direct subordinates. This is the very least you can do. They too work hard to ensure your success :)

Guest Jack

As mentioned earlier, my unit only consist only of 6 persons. 1 boss, 2 clerks, 1 office gal, and 2 executives (ie myself + another lady let's call her Rina).

In 2004, when boss, 1 clerk and office girl got promoted they also never treat us for makan.

In 2006, when Rina got promoted, she chipped in together with other dept people who were promoted and treated the whole Co. for makan.

However this year, other dept people never ask IF I'd like to `branja' the whole Co. for makan. They ALL act blurr, no action. Not that I am in bad relations with them la.

So I'm still undecided whether to `branja' my unit since boss, the clerk and office gal didn't give treat in 2004 except Rina in 2006. Just afraid that Rina will think of me being `show off', that's all. :lol:

jack it is the feeling that counts.

basically i felt you treat the whole treating thing as a political tool, instead of showing appreciation to those who have help you and support you in the past.

fact is, even if the other dept pple didnt ask you, why didnt you ask? since you are not in a bad relation with them. what if they are also thinking exactly the same as you and the waiting game prevails?

jack it is the feeling that counts.

basically i felt you treat the whole treating thing as a political tool, instead of showing appreciation to those who have help you and support you in the past.

fact is, even if the other dept pple didnt ask you, why didnt you ask? since you are not in a bad relation with them. what if they are also thinking exactly the same as you and the waiting game prevails?

It depends on yourself... My ex-colleague was actually not happy with her promotion and do not even want us to talk about it... Hahaha... So far, for my colleagues, some will treat the whole department, some will treat everyone whom he had worked with for the past year and some will treat just the lunch kakis... Just do whatever you are comfortable with...

A good suggestion though, if you dun want to be seen as too boastful, is to give out little packs of sweets or chocolates... :)

My side also it's like compulsory to give a treat to all in the dept. But it's combined with all those who got promoted and it's a small treat like order KFC, pizza or Nasi Lemak.

Then usually they will give treat to other god frens in a more expensive place like hotel buffets.

"Do what you wanna do in life despite what others say, it's your life anyway."

I head a small team in my environment, and I dun wait till promotion to treat them.

Sometimes, its these small gesture that you do that makes them feel appreciated.

Just small things like a cake once a while, coffee from the coffee shop in the morning, chocolates to sweeten their tooth and the list goes on.

Bottom line is, whether you willing to do it..or you feel the pinch. ;)

Treat people with respect to earn respect from others.

• Guest locked this topic