Male HQ

Need Some Counseling On Being Selfish

Guest Sf

I got married and later discovered that I am gay. Have a bf but would not allow him to get married. He is also gay but wants to get married so that his parents won't pester him. He also hopes to have a child. He insists that he does not like women at all now. Am I selfish? I don't know what to do...

How exactly did you discover that you are into other men?

Also, just an opinion, if you (in this case your bf) know that you aren't into women but still insist on getting married for whatever reason (family pressure), I think that is being selfish. That woman has every right to deserve marrying a man who is willing and able to love her back. Being pressured to get married is definitely a huge burden, but would I destroy a woman's potential love life just so my burden can be lifted? No.

It is selfish for you to be doing what you're doing because you're doing it for your own reasons. At the same time, I think you might be "accidentally" doing the right thing (in my point of view anyway).

Instagram | @sodamnsonni

Twitter | @sosonni

If I had known about myself then I would not have gotten married. Everyday is like a living lie.

If I want to have a child then I would rather adopt.

Knowing how miserable to live in lies everyday, I rather come out cause being gay is not a sin and it should not be judged.

• Guest locked this topic