Male HQ

If You Were Severely Disfigured, Would You Go On Living?

Guest eBayUrChild

Guest eBayUrChild

I know we're wired to hold life precious, but if you were severely disfigured, would you go on living? Would your life still be worth living or would you rather be dead?

Personally, at first I would be like devastated.gif

and then KwahN.gif

finally, i would commit suicide tbh.

Hmm... i will still try to live with it, suicide ends your life, but not that of your family who have to deal with your death

Really gave me the chills to even think abt this possibility though.

Suddenly rmb many years ago when i watched this documentary, detailing a woman who was stabbed in the face and scalded with hot water by a man who was mentally unsound. And yes, that happened in Singapore. Couldn't find the story nor her name now though >_<;

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

scary how so many actually thought of death on this topic.... trying not to turn this into a flaming topic but hey, live on and do something MEANINGFUL!

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

I would continue to live to exhaust more resources since I'm already feeling negative enough. :>

Edited by XiaoMessy

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

To me looks are just so superficial and of no consequence. If i can continue to see, hear, taste and smell, that's good enough. I won't seek death but enjoy my time in this world instead.

Guest Free at last

Think on the positive note you are free of the burden from society have set for you, the burden of "live-up" expectation. You are a survival and no longer a slave to this world, no longer competing with the others, to be like the others. You are yourself finally. doesn't matter how hash the circumstances you are facing. Death is only one solution. suicidial because you are disfigured is a form of cowardess death, why not die for your country, your believes, your family like samurais, something meaning full. Don't you feel shameful dying because of your physical beauty where as there are so many people suffering in this world, yet they wanna live, they found reasons for living, they fought a good fight to survive no matter how sad their circumstances are in. For those that lost their spirit of survival because they have been disgured, I pity you.

I can't say for sure if I would continue go on living. Of course, that is the kind of answer you'd expect from a hero. Brave, Fighting the storm. I don't think it'll give the people who are actually severely disfigured, justice by conveniently giving an answer on top of our head. If I were severely disfigured, I just hope that I have a very strong support system through friends and families for me to be able to make the right decision at that point of time. :)

Instagram | @sodamnsonni

Twitter | @sosonni

I would just live life normally I guess, or do things that bring happiness to many other unfortunate ones. Because I don't really look good in the first place, sometimes I even find myself UGLY, I don't like looking at pictures taken with me or even face the mirror at all.

But I won't want to die because of that. If people distant you because of how you looked, then I'd rather not have them in my lives, they just ain't worth it.

I saw her on ch u being interviewd years back...

Her religion has helped her I guess...not easy indeed for her Seow Lee Khoon. Brave mother salute:)

20年前萧丽君的生活发生了一次大变故,美丽的容颜无缘无故被凶徒砍得面目全非,撕烂不堪。当时的丽君刚离婚不久就遭受此重大打击,毁容后更足足经历了23次整容手术才勉强拼凑出一张脸。求生意志再强的丽君也曾想过就此放弃,但为了她的独子并在信仰的指引下,丽君艰苦地从困境中走出一片天空,终于得到重生。

http://concernandcar...mon-beauty.html

her pics on the above link.

如今她不但活得自在,而且还乐于分享自己的人生经历来激励生命面临低潮的朋友,带领他们走出黑暗。虽然丽君已不再为过去耿耿于怀,但每每面对轻言轻生的朋友,她总苦口婆心地劝告:“我这个样子都想活下去,你们为什么这么想死?”

丽君受访时偶尔欢欣大笑,偶尔神情冷静。面对过去的种种不幸她已不再介怀,然而最重要的是她现在活得像正常人一样,在无须躲避旁人的眼光下快乐地生活着。

20 years ago, Lee Khoon met with a great misfortune. For no reason, her beautiful face was scarred by knife cuts and scalded by boiling water. She survived the ordeal and went through 24 plastic surgeries for a complete face-lift. While struggling for life, she nearly wanted to give up, but when she thought of how her only child might soon lose her mother, and with the support of religion, she soon picked herself up, refusing to let the pain of her disfigured face get her down.

Lee Khoon has come to terms with life now. She bravely shares her heartbreaking story by delivering “Life Can Be Good” talks. Having walked through the valley of the shadow of death, she can hardly understand why others attempt suicide. She would normally advice, “Even people without a complete face like me would want to live, why would you think of dying?”

During the surgery period, I was shunned by the society, friends and some of my family members. Even children shouted “Ghost! Ghost!” at me, making me feel sad. Thank God, I was gradually accepted by others and I am so grateful.

it don't happened to me, so I won't know what I will choose.

At the moment, sucide is the only thing I can do. I don't think I will be that noble to accept all critisims from the public.

If you are severely disfigured, you will have to bypass the very difficult period of accepting yourself and adapting to a new lifestyle, because it life there are more important things than just looks

the most important to know that you still have the choice to live or to die, and to live to search in yourself, that you have a lifeforce in you that will keep you going no matter how the world may laugh at you

That lifeforce is that most powerful energy in us to believe and acknowledge that there is a calling in our own unique life path. That force is the fuel to all lives and beliefs, that will soar you to a greater awareness, till and so that you will learn , inspite of being disfigured or handicapped, nothing can stop you believing that you still have the right to live breath exist and fulfill whatever dreams you still can achieve, given whatever limited resources you may have in hand

A fine example is Bethany Hamilton.Inspite of losing an arm to a Tiger Shark, she went back surfing to continue fulfilling her dream

To begin with, you don't have to look down upon others whom you think are not as good looking as you , or despise those who are handicapped

Life is wonderful because there are multiple choices waiting ahead of you , if only you could have the wisdom to see, and the patience to recognise it.

I won't be able to say for sure since I'm not in that shoe myself, but hypothetically speaking: YES. I'll go on living.

C'mon, value life. There are so many ways that life can be meaningful, even when you're disfigured.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

i find it disturbing that most of the replies here say that they would commit suicide. nobility aside, it reflects how high a pedestal homosexuals place looks on.

by analogy, would everyone commit suicide once they start losing their looks as they grow older?

I think this extends beyond homosexuality to the point where we're thinking of ourselves as a person in general.

Also, we're talking about the extreme form of losing your looks leh. Not just some wrinkles or saggy skin but something that completely erases what you used to look like. I mean, just look at how much money people are spending *just* to prevent themselves from looking old, a natural process. So when we talk about something that's so abnormal, most of use would chose the completely (ir?)rational decision.

Don't think it's just gays, remember Seven the movie, how the girl who was disfigured by the psychopath was given a choice to live or die, and she chose to die...guess we're talking about the devastating loss of personal identity, pride and ego with the destruction that comes with SEVERE disfigurement (not the gradual loss of youth).

Its funny how most of u chose to suicide. I mean, its not like your original faces are that fantastic to begin with....

Edited by imchaser

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

It takes a lot of courage to kill yourself but it takes even more courage to live your life to the fullest.

Here are some examples.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...al_disfig.shtml

Totally agree..

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

Its funny how most of u chose to suicide. I mean, its not like your original faces are that fantastic to begin with....

love it, it is not difficult to tell the age group just by reading at it.

love it, it is not difficult to tell the age group just by reading at it.

Guest, what do u mean?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

If I got disfigured, I'd come to terms with it first. Like how it may be part and parcel of my life. I won't be thinking about trying to 'get back my face'. Without a goal in life, it can be very difficult to continue living even if you weren't disfigured when you meet a crisis.

I may probably turn asexual so I won't care too much about my looks, albeit the covert discrimination in society.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• Guest locked this topic