Male HQ

I Don't Like To Praise People

Guest I Swear

Guest I Swear

I don't know why. I just felt that praising people is to give them credit to compete with me. If I praise them too much, they will think it is real and will look down on me. Some people might deserve to be praised but I can't bring myself to say so. Internally I am jealous and my mind will wonders around hoping the person will someday fall flat and become humble and dare not look me in the face. I will feel so glad to see their pathetic face and my sarcasm will pour freely that they were 'ONCE UPON A TIME" so boastful and look down on others. I know My neighbour is one good example who always love attention and purposely do so openly in words and dressing, I swear that I hate them to bone, same for one of my fat ugly bitch colleage and all anti guy people.

Guest Guesttt

When u hate & dislike someone, you are also being hated and disliked by someone!

When you want to see their pathetic faces, you will never know how many people can't wait to see yr poor pathetic look and yr ugly heart

I actually like to praise people. Haha

Let me share with you why.

Firstly, it builds rapport. When we praise people, we are SINCERELY appreciating their efforts and the receiving party will feel good about it. Their guard will be lowered and is a perfect opportunity to make friends and know better.

Secondly, praising gives way to collaboration. After all, no man is an island. When we acknowledge each other hard work, and at the end of the day, when everybody feel appreciated and good about themself, they would certainly want to work with you in the future.

Thirdly, it all about creating a good impression about who you are as a person. When I praise people, they see me as a team player, friendly and supportive. It about EQ. Everybody judge.

Of course, i not telling you to fake it. People are smart. They will realize it. Just be sincere about it. After all, if you are not sincere, it is not a praise. I am very sorry, but i can't really understand your argument. Like what? "If I praise them too much, they will think it is real and will look down on me" . A praise should be real and sincere you know.

Anyway, just a suggestion to help you out. Try the OREO Method. Of a praise, followed by a criticism, and end of with a praise. I guess it help to keep those people you are referring grounded without making you seems like a bitter person. (:

eg: your mum cooks up a delicious dinner, do you give compliments and thank her?

you naughty younger siblings are exceptionally well behaved, do you praise them?

your subordinates performed well in their job, do you praise them?

I do envy at other's talents, and I do give compliments. Praise is a way to reinforce what others are doing well and positive reinforcement is always good to have everywhere.

don't always amplified on the negative side, then life has nothing but bad memories.

I believe there's always something to learn from other people, and that they have strengths that you might not have.

I feel that your statement

" I just felt that praising people is to give them credit to compete with me. If I praise them too much, they will think it is real and will look down on me"

is just a way to cover up. Maybe a low self esteem, maybe a sense of inferiority. or maybe, you are plainly a self centred person

be more open, receptive and willing to admit that there's always someone better than you.

but at the same time, know your strengths and weaknesses.

do not always compare your weakness with other's strength.

I do encounter several occassions whereby you praise the other party and they gave you the kind of look like you were there to curry-favour them. Other times, it became political because the person you praised has actually played very well in office politics and hurt other people feeling, by praising this kind of people, the victim will treat you like enemy too. Praised must be measured and not too generous as though you have an agenda.When I was young, my mother loves to praise our neighbours and their kids so much that they became used to it and felt proud. One day, my mom gave her honest opinion about my neighbour's having too much flower pots that may attract mosquitoes, the other party became sarcastic that it is none of our business and we are no better than them. These are the kind of people who enjoy being praised but cannot accept honest opinion. I dislike.

Guest Passingthru

Unfortunately, the TS doesn't interpret praise as acknowledgement but as "losing something". I wouldn't be surprised if he also has problems saying "Thanks" and "Please" because saying these words also means losing something. If you've ever wondered why sales assistants and cashiers don't say these words, it's not so much because they're rude but rather that they have a balance sheet mentality - "They've already gotten what they've paid for, why do I need to give extras like please & thanks." . Pride then quickly steps in and you have a defensive, "Got money so what? Hau lian, ah?!".

When you cannot give or acknowledge, you cannot be grateful. When you're ungrateful, you create blockage and therefore cannot receive. When you don't receive, you remain poor either materially or spiritually or both. Life then becomes a never ending hardship. This in turn makes it more difficult to give & acknowledge and around it goes - the vicious cycle.

This is another 老师 moment.

Be grateful to all the things in your possession.

Be grateful to all the people that you have encountered in your life.

To err is human and to forgive is divine, right?

Always give thanks whenever possible.

Start with:

Thankful to the cleaning lady in the food court/pantry.

Without them, our tables wont be as clean as it should be.

At home:

Give thanks to the hands that cooked your meals, do your laundry - a family member or a domestic helper.

At work:

Pay compliments to a co-worker when someone passes you a document/a word of comfort or advice etc.

感恩。。。

About praising people~

I don't normally do it... lol. I don't know. I just don't seem to be the type who praises. xD

It's not that I specifically don't like doing it, just that I'm not the type who normally does. xD

I do say thank you and "That's nice.", but other than that, I rarely praise people. lol

Start with:

At home:

Give thanks to the hands that cooked your meals, do your laundry - a family member or a domestic helper.

At work:

Pay compliments to a co-worker when someone passes you a document/a word of comfort or advice etc.

感恩。。。

[media=]

Start with:

At home:

At work:

老师, can tell you are old liao. Very philosophical...hahaha

• Guest locked this topic