Male HQ

Latest Property Cooling Measures

Guest Guest

To introduce myself, I was originally from Qingdao, China.

I came to Singapore in 2008 for further studies and have been working since 2011.

I obtained Singapore PR in 2011.

After the 2011 elections, the Singapore government has been placing many restrictions on Singapore PRs.

The Singaporean government has introduced its latest property cooling measures yesterday.

I am not happy about the increase in stamp duties and loan threshold for purchase of HDB flat.

It is having a negative impact on me, because now I have to wait for another 4+ years (estimated) before I can buy a flat and rent it out.

I know many other Singapore PRs who are also very unhappy about the government's measures.

We all pay tax to the Singapore government. Why are we being treated as second class citizens?

We question do the Singapore government and Singaporeans appreciate our efforts?

Instead of being appreciative, we are being penalised for coming here.

Sigh...

Guest 不要来这里

First of all, the rental measures are for the ENTIRE flat, so if you want to rent out a room that's fine. Secondly, why do you want to buy a flat and then rent out the entire flat? Trying to make money off public housing? Where are you going to live?

Thirdly, you're not even a citizen, so you don't deserve the rights and treatment as one. Fourthly, it is because of people like you who are pricing out locals in buying houses. Do you know how insanely expensive it is for a single gay man like me me to buy a resale flat because I'm not married?

Lastly, if you don't like it here, you can always go back to China. For us Singaporeans, we don't have anywhere else to go, the government is first and foremost looking out for their own citizens. Why should they cater to PRCs like you? Just because you've been here for 4 years doesn't mean anything and quite frankly, Singapore is overpopulated anyway.

I came to Singapore in 2008 for further studies and have been working since 2011.

After the 2011 elections, the Singapore government has been placing many restrictions on Singapore PRs.

The Singaporean government has introduced its latest property cooling measures yesterday.

I am not happy about the increase in stamp duties and loan threshold for purchase of HDB flat.

It is having a negative impact on me, because now I have to wait for another 4+ years (estimated) before I can buy a flat and rent it out.

I know many other Singapore PRs who are also very unhappy about the government's measures.

We all pay tax to the Singapore government. Why are we being treated as second class citizens?

We question do the Singapore government and Singaporeans appreciate our efforts?

Sigh...

Read carefully. Why should we be appreciative? I never see any word of appreciation from u tt Singapore offered u education & a place to stay?

If u r so unhappy about Singapore, please have the guts and backbone to give up PR and go back to Qingdao. We are more than please to see you go!

And you are shameless! Our HDB is not for you to rent out. If you want to rent, go buy private property. We don't care if you need another 4 yrs to rent out. We hope you wait forever. Shameless piece of shit

Seriously we dont care if you are unhappy. Get it? You are NOT welcome so who cares about you? Just fuck off!

Also why come tell us? Go tell the government. Let them settle for you since you are THEIR foreign talent.

Maybe they can offer you a luxurious place in Changi. The place is v suitable for u. High walls, tight security, barbed wires all around. You also have cooks. You can rent your ass to all inmates & collect cigarettes as rent. Good for you

Guest royalty

I've done some projects in Yantai and WeiHai. There are too many new condos being built but quite empty. In most cases, it is more expensive than S'pore public housing property.

You came in S'pore for a purpose and seeing opportunity, applied for PR.

Sorry, you got to put up with our law just like any S'porean.

Sigh...

i bet this guy didnt even serve NS

Guest middle class

Reading all of the above reply , as a S'porean i am proud to see so many PLU facing the same hardship in S'pore..and stood up for it. I know we are not bashers or discriminating FTs...but frustrated with the living cost in S'pore too. S'pore high end properties have been made for the rich through our garment policies. Sigh !

So, guest, you are not alone. Even locals are complaining too.

Guest curiouslad

Lol. TS could be a Singaporean,trying to bash PRC. Zzz....think about it...why would a PRC post this here? (knowing he will probably be bashed)

Lol. TS could be a Singaporean,trying to bash PRC. Zzz....think about it...why would a PRC post this here? (knowing he will probably be bashed)

We have bulkylicious and a few PRCs in the forum recently, it's no longer surprising that they're here.

Lol! A PRC complaining because he now has to wait 4 years before he can get a flat??? Guess what? Single Singaporean gays like us has to wait for 35 years before we can get a resale flat, and we can wait till the cows come home before we get a new one. So who are the second class citizens here???

Go ask if the PRC has such restrictions for themselves in China.

Guest Spoilt brat

Yep, not surprising since there are other PRCs on this forum. Also typical of them to expect us to suck their cock for free. All these chinamen have this irritating sense of entitlement I just can't stand.

Guest QingdaoBeer

Sigh...

Wait, you're a PR, your not even a citizen ! Therefore, you cannot be considered as ? class.

If you really love this place, convert yourself to get citizenship here.

If you dun like, you can always go home like the table tennis player comrade - Madam Lee Jia Wei.

If you can find a country on earth which allows you to earn $$ at good time, and at bad time you can pack and go home as you wished, please let us know and we also want to be PR there. Thank you.

PS: If you're from Qingdao, you should go back now. The place is not as polluted and crowded as other China. The new city is expanding with more shopping malls and hotels --- lots of opportunities for you.

Sigh...

u r not from china lah. U r the same guy with multiple names who come to be n spread your anti PRC noise. But bluff lah.

Singapore welcomes TALENTED and DILIGENT foreigners to take up PR status here.

Those with an attitude that "Foreigners are better than the locals", please return home immediately.

Singapore has gained its independence since 1965 and such imperialism mentality cannot be tolerated.

In the movie 方世玉, Jet Lee's father-in-law kept repeating 以德报怨 to remind himself to do good deeds.

The rotten PRs sure know how to 以怨(气)报(公)德。

Sigh...

My dear, that is because you are not a citizen. You have no national service obligations, and that by itself, already places you quite high on the TO-EMPLOY list as compared to those holding pink IC.

If you wish to enjoy the benefits of a citizens then BE one, and shoulder the responsibilities that comes with it. Those subsidies ain't gonna pay for itself you know.

Sigh...

TROLL ALERT !

He is in Singapore for 3 plus years. He has very good command of written English.

Don't fall for the trolls trap, He is definitely a Singaporean.

The threadstarter already stated that he is a Singapore PR.

And the PRCs are suddenly rising to the occasion in this thread.

Just because their compatriot said something politically incorrect, they attempt to push the blame onto Singaporeans, accusing Singaporeans of trolling.

Typical PRC behaviour.

This greedy government wants to control the property price but refuses to sell the land cheap to the developers! The result is only the rich can buy property while the poor can only afford to rent an accomodation from the rich. HDB also refuses to sell HDB flats cheap and prices new flats at market value. KHAW BOON WAN IS ONE FUCKED UP MINISTER.

After going through this thread topic. One thing come to mind, why give support to those who doesn't care for us? This apply to both the locals and foreigners.For fts who find it a struggle to be here can always pack up and seek greener pasture. As for citizens 2016 really can't come sooner enough.

I don't sympathize with PRs. PRs can whinge about being unfairly treated, but remember, they still have their motherland to go back to when they feel they've had made enough money in their host country. Look at Li Jiawei the table tennis player. Good example.

On the other hand, Singaporeans like you and I, do or die, live or perish in Singapore. we have no where else to go. So of course when it comes to policies, everything must favour citizens above other groups.

Guest Go Back Now

Whatever it is, I just don't like to see all these china people in SG. They are everywhere. Damn irritating!

Please do us a favour. Pack your bag and go back to where you came from.

This greedy government wants to control the property price but refuses to sell the land cheap to the developers! The result is only the rich can buy property while the poor can only afford to rent an accomodation from the rich. HDB also refuses to sell HDB flats cheap and prices new flats at market value. KHAW BOON WAN IS ONE FUCKED UP MINISTER.

We can sell land cheap. Then you know what? All the prices of the houses around the area will fall dramatically. While one group benefits, another group will suffer. Those financing their property will be faced with negative equtity now. Policies are not as easy as this. In other words, the government is actually protecting the interest of home owners.

I do think what they need to do is to allow singles esp single parents to buy directly from hdb. Also for lower income groups to have priority in buying flats and with more subsidy.

Also there should be a safety net for people who are in real dire needs of financial assistance such as the loss of the sole breadwinner. In such instance, we should grant at least 1 year of deferment of the payment of the flat with NO interest charges.

Permanent Resident (PR) status was issued to too many foreigners before 2010.

Almost anyone with a qualification can apply for it.

Those graduated from local universities can get PR status within a year after completing their studies.

Many foreign talents got them within 6 months of employment.

I know it because my ex-ang mo bf got invited to ICA for refusing PR status.

He was not interested as he knew that his stay here will be temporary (back in the early 2000s).

Interesting read:

http://www.guidemesingapore.com/relocation/pr/singapore-permanent-residence-schemes

It just reminds me of the issue of credit cards.

At least for credit cards, I am supposed to "consume" and "Spend" in order to enjoy the benefits.

With PR, they are really taking our "middle-level" jobs away from the Singaporeans.

PR means that the holder can still retain his/her nationality (remains loyal to their original country).

As Singapore does not allow dual citizenship, PR cannot get the coveted Singapore passport.

Fortunately, PR-ship is reviewed every 4 to 5 years.

So those who are redundant can be shipped home immediately.

欢迎真正有才能的外国人来贡献。。

u r not from china lah. U r the same guy with multipe names who come to be n spread your anti PRC noise. But bluff lah.

u r not from china lah. U r the same guy with multiple names who come to be n spread your anti PRC noise. But bluff lah.

you are smart enough..Haha wat to do ..still got so many ppl believe me even they know it's fake lol

For your info, your government invited us and offered us to be permanent residents.

yes we know what our govt is doing no need you to tell us. The crux of the question is are you guys willing to sink your roots here n contribute in nation building or are u guys here to exploited and abuse the pr program? That's something worth pondering about.

Whatever it is, I just don't like to see all these china people in SG. They are everywhere. Damn irritating!

Please do us a favour. Pack your bag and go back to where you came from.

You don't like to see all these china people in SG, then you will see more from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Filipino. Are they better than china people ? Sorry, you are in SG. The Garment needs FTs and FWs.

You don't like to see all these china people in SG, then you will see more from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Filipino. Are they better than china people ? Sorry, you are in SG. The Garment needs FTs and FWs.

Yes they are. We've actually had foreign workers from Bangladesh and Thailand (back then, not so much now) way longer than we've had your comrades and we're fine with them. Sorry, but that's the hard truth. And by the way, we all know you're from China too.

After going through this thread topic. One thing come to mind, why give support to those who doesn't care for us? This apply to both the locals and foreigners.For fts who find it a struggle to be here can always pack up and seek greener pasture. As for citizens 2016 really can't come sooner enough.

Very very well said. Who open the door wide wide? They even went to the extent to send them application forms and invite them to apply. In other countries, applicants got to sort of 'beg' their ICA for a PR.

I can't wait for 2016 and see how they struggle and lose their dominance. All singaporeans esp ajs should exercise their choice carefully. Treat us like what? When economy is bad, permit Nation party. Once economy recovers, immediately disallow. What is this?

Actually, our gov should instead give easier clearances for Malaysians (incl of East Malaysians) to come into Spore, either being a PR or new citizens; afterall Malaysians are very similar to Sporeans (in fact same). Since we need workers, they could come over to work and go back when they have earned enough. Afterall, I dun see what's wrong by benefitting our malaysian brothers rather than PRCs - who come here to squeeze everything they could.

You complain about him har? He is much better than his predecessor. Have u heard of the theory he postulate "selling cheaps is tantamount to raiding national reserves"? He was the one raiding our personal reserves by selling to us at this kind of prices. it is not uncommon for cpf to be wiped out to pay for a flat. What is left for retirement? Worse still, we ajs have no chew ren to support us when old. How?

Still, your complains is justified, 2 evils does not make one angel. Aiya don't angry la, come 2016, u can take appropriate action lor. U are intelligient enough. :thumb: , no need to teach u. :)

Lol! A PRC complaining because he now has to wait 4 years before he can get a flat??? Guess what? Single Singaporean gays like us has to wait for 35 years before we can get a resale flat, and we can wait till the cows come home before we get a new one. So who are the second class citizens here???

Ya lor ya lor. 2 married PRs below 35 can buy but one singaporean cannot buy until 35. To them, 2 PRs is more valuable than one singaporean. The singaporean has to serve 2&half year ns + all the irritating annual callups + got to stay alert on weekends for mobilisation + Ippt + RT if fail + job discrimination because some companies deliberately avoid hiring singaporean males because of annual absence. Worse still, lose arms lose legs lose fingers. We are not fairly treated at all.

Actually, our gov should instead give easier clearances for Malaysians (incl of East Malaysians) to come into Spore, either being a PR or new citizens; afterall Malaysians are very similar to Sporeans (in fact same). Since we need workers, they could come over to work and go back when they have earned enough. Afterall, I dun see what's wrong by benefitting our malaysian brothers rather than PRCs - who come here to squeeze everything they could.

Simple logic. Economic growth with money spend in Singapore. A lot of Malaysian earn money from Singapore and spend their money in Malaysia. Can the GDP increase at that situation? Worst thing, Singaporean went to Malaysia and spent money. Who suffer at the end ??

Simple logic. Economic growth with money spend in Singapore. A lot of Malaysian earn money from Singapore and spend their money in Malaysia. Can the GDP increase at that situation? Worst thing, Singaporean went to Malaysia and spent money. Who suffer at the end ??

As opposed to PRCs working here and sending their money back to China? Fact is, there are more malaysians working,studying and living in Singapore than there are PRCs. You just can't tell because we're practically the same people. Similarly, more and more Singaporeans are buying property in JB because they are being priced out of the market here. And also, we can buy bigger houses with a garden and a swimming pool for what we pay here. The Singapore and Malaysian markets are forever intertwined. Look at our national crest: There is a tiger and a lion. The lion represents Singapore. The tiger represents Malaysia. Look it up on wikipedia.

Guest Troller

To be fair, there are many Singaporeans who are PRs in many western countries too and still maintain loyalty to Spore. So I dont see anything wrong in not converting to citizenship for the foreigners.

For very long Singaporeans have been buying overseas property in many other countries be it neighbouring or western and indeed they still do. But some Singaporean attitude is yes We can do it but no You cant do it in my backyard.

When they buy property overseas, they will say they are contributing to the other countries economy but when foreigners do the same thing they are contributing to inflation and profiteering and being greedy.

Anyway I think the thread starter is a troll. Should ban guest from posting.

For your info, your government invited us and offered us to be permanent residents.

Oh.... Please remind the people of Punggol East of that on the day of the by election, ok? Let's see what the general public has to say to that.

To be fair, there are many Singaporeans who are PRs in many western countries too and still maintain loyalty to Spore. So I dont see anything wrong in not converting to citizenship for the foreigners.

For very long Singaporeans have been buying overseas property in many other countries be it neighbouring or western and indeed they still do. But some Singaporean attitude is yes We can do it but no You cant do it in my backyard.

When they buy property overseas, they will say they are contributing to the other countries economy but when foreigners do the same thing they are contributing to inflation and profiteering and being greedy.

LOL, the irony...! Hahaha!

Yeah. Why not post with a proper account and hide behind guest? I wonder what the TS and the TSs are afraid of to post under his real name. Because what he says is slander and may get sue perhaps?

If what you say is indeed true, then you should not fear and post with an account. Oh wait... Come to think of it, it is possible to do ip tracing. Ok lah. Go on with your backhanded antics. Living with hate is a hard life anyway. Par pat.

LOL, the irony...! Hahaha!

Oooh! PR in Singapore can go ahead and buy property if they want, just not PUBLIC housing. Tell me if Singaporeans who are PRs overseas can buy public housing over there?

Oh.... Please remind the people of Punggol East of that on the day of the by election, ok? Let's see what the general public has to say to that.

Oh I have been reminding everyone i know about this, but u can't possibly remind everyone in Sg. They will still emerge victorious albeit with poorer result. People are brainwashed to think that they are the best and there is no second best & we do not have a choice. Many decades of incessant indoctrination, too deep seated. Changes will take time.

Tell me if Singaporeans who are PRs overseas can buy public housing over there?

:clap: Very well said! If u don't mind, I also want to highlight : Sg AJs are only allowed to buy resale. Although there is grant, i believe a lot of us cannot apply because they only give the grant to people earning less than 2k if i am not wrong. The grant is only 11k (now i think they increase to 15k). Which means that we are treated no different from PR. We are paying what they are paying. This is damn unfair.

Shut the fuck up and get the hell back to where you came from.

Singapore doesn't need presumptuous ingrates like you.

Shut the fuck up and get the hell back to where you came from. Singapore doesn't need presumptuous ingrates like you.

I share the same frustration with u. But what he say is true. My colleague told me they receive the application forms without their initiation or request. If u scold them, then the party who invited them deserves a bigger scolding from u. Your anger is not without reason, but i feel that it is unbalanced, because it takes 2 hands to clap. If they didn't open the door & lay red carpets, the PRs cannot come in. So u should also allocate some blame to the ones who lay the red carpet.

• Guest locked this topic