Male HQ

Sp Lawrence Khong And His Anti Lgbt News (Compiled)

BlowWindBlow

U don't get the point. Each Christian seems to have his own version of God as he pleases. U too have ur own version of God and that's why u are completely indifferent to the rest. Amen

ok. So u are saying your relationship with god is not between you am god but you, other people and god?

U don't get the point. Each Christian seems to have his own version of God as he pleases. U too have ur own version of God and that's why u are completely indifferent to the rest. Amen

I think it is ok if we don't force other to accept our own version. Or make it as if ours is the only right version like some church leaders do

yes it's the same God. Your relationship w God has nothing to do w what one man says.

But when you have a relationship with a living god that teaches you to smash children to the ground and rip open pregnant women and killed innocent old folks just bcos they are of another rival tribe or worship a different god, it goes to show how tolerant and open minded your religion is.

Why the focus on homosexual sin when God sees telling lies as equally sinful too?

There are things here being lifted out of context from the bible.

Actually I wonder whats the intention of the TS starting such a thread.

Like what GSTC mentioned, Christianity is a very personal relationship with God. And Christianity has never criminalise homosexuality. It merely states that it is a sin, just like adultery and greed.

Why flame all the believers when only a few prominent black sheeps are causing the controversies?

I am definitely one Christian who will not buy what the two pastors preach. As Christians, not all of us will follow blindly.

Just look back at the case of Mingyi fashi, are you saying all the Buddhists are blind too? And what have the Buddhist teachings done to Mingyi?

Things are not always black or white. If there are disagreements, discuss peacefully with RESPECT. So what if you have been a Christian and can quote bible verses at your fingertips? For your info, the devil once worshipped God and knows the bible very very well too.

You have the right to voice your opinions, but you have absolutely no right to be insolent towards ANY faith.

But when you have a relationship with a living god that teaches you to smash children to the ground and rip open pregnant women and killed innocent old folks just bcos they are of another rival tribe or worship a different god, it goes to show how tolerant and open minded your religion is.

ok. Your point noted.

I think it is ok if we don't force other to accept our own version. Or make it as if ours is the only right version like some church leaders do

But your monotheist religion no matter which denominations, claims to be the only path to salvation. To a Christian, there is no other path except thru Christianity and worshipping of Jesus as their lord. All other religions and gods are devil worshipping, and if you lived in the dark ages, you will be burnt on the stakes! That is how tolerant you are!

And every Christian comes up with their own interpretations and thus the thousands of denominations in existence simply bcos all of them want their cake and eat it too. So the gay Christian will argued pedantically that the word homosexual did not exist in biblical times and so theoretically it's ok to be gay. The womanizer and sexist will quote biblical verses that justify their multi partner lifestyle and misogynist thinking exactly bcos their living god condoned it - it's in the bible, read it. And the slaves keepers justified their trades bcos their living god even wrote down instructions how to manage slaves. And the terrorists who kill, well just look t Moses and Joshua who sacked an entire city and genocidal actions earned them kudos and a place in heaven. The list goes on, just take up a bible and read guys.

But your monotheist religion no matter which denominations, claims to be the only path to salvation. To a Christian, there is no other path except thru Christianity and worshipping of Jesus as their lord. All other religions and gods are devil worshipping, and if you lived in the dark ages, you will be burnt on the stakes! That is how tolerant you are!

And every Christian comes up with their own interpretations and thus the thousands of denominations in existence simply bcos all of them want their cake and eat it too. So the gay Christian will argued pedantically that the word homosexual did not exist in biblical times and so theoretically it's ok to be gay. The womanizer and sexist will quote biblical verses that justify their multi partner lifestyle and misogynist thinking exactly bcos their living god condoned it - it's in the bible, read it. And the slaves keepers justified their trades bcos their living god even wrote down instructions how to manage slaves. And the terrorists who kill, well just look t Moses and Joshua who sacked an entire city and genocidal actions earned them kudos and a place in heaven. The list goes on, just take up a bible and read guys.

There is why this is in the bible

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Guest trevorcantona

I more than agree with what you've said. May I add that the huge imaginative abilities of Christians is the result of turning a blind eye to the logics of the workings of the world. It beats me how Christians can stomach the belief that their parents who brought them into this world and love them all their lives unconditionally will burn in hell eternally if their don't accept Jesus as their saviour as their Christian children did.

Can  Christians accept evolution as scientifically accurate that contradicts the creation theory in Genesis? Such fundamental concepts in the religion are already flawed in the light of present day scientific evidence.

basically the religion has too many contradictions. for example, God sounds different in the Old Testament compared to the New Testament.

it is like as if he made mistakes and set about correcting himself "through" JC in NT.

i dun ask the Christians to accept evolution. All i ask for is the separation of church and state. that Christians do not influence the country's laws based on their personal unsubstantiated imaginations.

AND I AM NOT SURE IF CHRISTIANS AS A WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN DO SO.

Why the focus on homosexual sin when God sees telling lies as equally sinful too?

Like what GSTC mentioned, Christianity is a very personal relationship with God. And Christianity has never criminalise homosexuality. It merely states that it is a sin, just like adultery and greed.

Why flame all the believers when only a few prominent black sheeps are causing the controversies?

I am definitely one Christian who will not buy what the two pastors preach. As Christians, not all of us will follow blindly.

Just look back at the case of Mingyi fashi, are you saying all the Buddhists are blind too? And what have the Buddhist teachings done to Mingyi?

Things are not always black or white. If there are disagreements, discuss peacefully with RESPECT. So what if you have been a Christian and can quote bible verses at your fingertips? For your info, the devil once worshipped God and knows the bible very very well too.

You have the right to voice your opinions, but you have absolutely no right to be insolent towards ANY faith.

For something as serious as heaven and hell, there must be logic and consistencies. When one call himself a Christian there must be a consistent set of moral, ethical and doctrinal teachings that is also common to all the others who called themselves Christians.

As a Christian, the very least you could express is compassion to all the lost souls here who can't see the light and you thought were given to see YOUR truth. The views expressed here regarding your religion are not from the Devil. There are from part of the 70% of people on this planet that are non Christian. In fact most of the posts here are trying desperately to appeal to your common sense and logic. We can forget about compassion.

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/12/19/global-christianity-exec/

I keep asking the guest where is the punishment that our ancestors in china deserved. They were supposed to be punished, but how come they have so many generations of descendants till present generation (us)? His concept of generations sins does not explain at all. 

This is a very objective question but he refuse to answer this question. Instead keep attacking the guest who quoted the bible verses

I think Gosh will do a better job handling this question. 

And one guest said "if you lived in the far ages".... Welcome to 2013. We Christians, not extremist Christians do not burn or kill non Christians anymore.

What's the need of complicating it further when all it matters is between god and you.

Modern Christians do not burn or kill bcos it is criminal to do so. So instead they tell non believers they will be burnt in hell for ETERNITY if they do not accept their lord Jesus Christ. Which is more cruel I ask you?

Before anyone accuse me of anything, what had you done besides bitching abt it?

When that church at queenstown had a huge panel that says "Gay but Not Happy? Call....", I took the initiative to call and tell them I am Gay and I am happy! And I am disgusted at that banner.

Once again , I believe that in a religion, it's between god and you. Not god, stranger and you.

Gosh! you have to be honest with yourself. almost the entire catholic and Christian council of churches in sg pushed for 377A to be kept. can you honestly say that there are only a few prominent black sheep?

i dun see the buddhists asking for 377A to be kept? i dun see the Taoists doing so? I certainly din see the Bahai community pushing for that!

so what Mingyi did was wrong. But Mingyi did not perform MTVs like China wine, stay in Sentosa Cove, and proclaim to be doing the work of God, nor did he also claim that he was right to do so.

I am not a Buddhist, rather atheist, but i dun see people of faiths such as Taoists, Buddhists, Bahais pushing beliefs into the laws of the land.

if any Faiths is to be allowed in the public space, it should be open to criticism. between insolence and criticism is a thin red line that many deists cant see the difference. the only problem is that the laws of the law chooses to protect sets of beliefs, rather than the basic rights of people it is supposed to uphold. for us to respect any faiths, do the faiths even respect basic human rights and the rights of others to coexist in peace?

Before anyone accuse me of anything, what had you done besides bitching abt it?

When that church at queenstown had a huge panel that says "Gay but Not Happy? Call....", I took the initiative to call and tell them I am Gay and I am happy! And I am disgusted at that banner.

Once again , I believe that in a religion, it's between god and you. Not god, stranger and you.

the second thing we can see eye to eye on. i was about to attend one of their services and french one of my frens during a service haha.

and if they remove us, we will scream molest.

When I quote biblical verses I gave you the book and the para to look up the bible, read what is written before and after the verse so you can better judge if I really lift them out of context?

I again challenge you to justify "Christianity has never criminalize homosexuality", in fact it has not only criminalized homosexuality but a lot other lesser sins:

- What happened to the man who collected firewood on a Sunday? Stoned to death.

-What happen to the people of Sodom? Killed.

-What happen to Sapphira and Ananias who kept back some of their money from the church? Struck dead by lightning.

- What happened to all the innocent first borne of Egypt during Moses time? Killed.

-What happen to the people who complaint about their hardship to The Lord in Numbers 11.1-16.35? Consumed by fire.

-What happened to the 40 children who mocked his favorite prophet Elijah? mauled by a she bear.

And the list goes on again.

For something as serious as heaven and hell, there must be logic and consistencies. When one call himself a Christian there must be a consistent set of moral, ethical and doctrinal teachings that is also common to all the others who called themselves Christians.

As a Christian, the very least you could express is compassion to all the lost souls here who can't see the light and you thought were given to see YOUR truth. The views expressed here regarding your religion are not from the Devil. There are from part of the 70% of people on this planet that are non Christian. In fact most of the posts here are trying desperately to appeal to your common sense and logic. We can forget about compassion.

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/12/19/global-christianity-exec/

Yes we do have a consistent set of teachings... the holy Trinity, Jesus as Saviour, the Ten Commandments, just to name a few.

But we as humans often interpret what we learn to suit ourselves. Christians know that it is a sin to lie, but some may argue that white lies are acceptable.

And lets take for eg. Buddhism, why the Chinese, Thai and Japanese versions are so different? Buddhism has its roots in India where Prince Sidhartha renounced all his worldly attachments and attained Enlightenment under a Bodhi tree. A simple concept of renouncing worldly attachments to free oneself from worldly desires has morphed into many types of different Buddhism. So can I also say that Buddhism has no consistency too?

And I am not sure if I have in any way not shown compassion to any lost soul here. I see myself as a great sinner, and a member of the GLBT community. If I have in any way not shown compassion to anyone here, dont you think I am not showing compassion to myself too?

Basically, what I want to express is, do not let our sexual orientation comes between God and you even if you may be "persecuted" by other Christians. I mean, who are they to judge PLU? Let those who have no sin cast the first stone at us, which I think is mission impossible since everyone sins. Focus on God and do not let anything or anyone hinder Him from doing wonders in you, regardless of your gender, race or even orientation.

Amen. :)

Yes we do have a consistent set of teachings... the holy Trinity, Jesus as Saviour, the Ten Commandments, just to name a few.

But we as humans often interpret what we learn to suit ourselves. Christians know that it is a sin to lie, but some may argue that white lies are acceptable.

And lets take for eg. Buddhism, why the Chinese, Thai and Japanese versions are so different? Buddhism has its roots in India where Prince Sidhartha renounced all his worldly attachments and attained Enlightenment under a Bodhi tree. A simple concept of renouncing worldly attachments to free oneself from worldly desires has morphed into many types of different Buddhism. So can I also say that Buddhism has no consistency too?

And I am not sure if I have in any way not shown compassion to any lost soul here. I see myself as a great sinner, and a member of the GLBT community. If I have in any way not shown compassion to anyone here, dont you think I am not showing compassion to myself too?

Basically, what I want to express is, do not let our sexual orientation comes between God and you even if you may be "persecuted" by other Christians. I mean, who are they to judge PLU? Let those who have no sin cast the first stone at us, which I think is mission impossible since everyone sins. Focus on God and do not let anything or anyone hinder Him from doing wonders in you, regardless of your gender, race or even orientation.

why do Christians love to compare Buddhism with Christianity? haha...

The big difference is that this inconsistency does not matter.

why does it matter when Buddha did not claim to be the sole and only truth, nor did he claim to be God?

and Christians DO NOT have a consistent set of beliefs.

please there are many denominations past and present that do not believe in the trinity, or even the divine nature of christ for that matter.

Frankly, why do u guys pay attention to the rants and irreligious struggles of a dubious man? He is targeting gays only because he has run out of targets. With the scandals of recent years, no longer can he even criticize other faiths, or promote the prosperity gospel. What other methods has he left other than to victimize the weakest group, so as to sustain his followers' belief that they are special, different, chosen, or whatever trash.

Besides, the public us no longer that dumb. Who caused more tears in our social fabric? Gays? Pink dot? Or all those seditious crimes exposed, and the alleged financial grafts of CHC. You don't see the man talking about these. Instead he asks u to pray, for the possibly guilty, and not to think / judge it! Yet he judges others. Shows what a scum he is. And the more we rant about him. The more chances for his sheeps to jump into the debate and sustain this man's final moment of public attention.

Frankly, why do u guys pay attention to the rants and irreligious struggles of a dubious man? He is targeting gays only because he has run out of targets. With the scandals of recent years, no longer can he even criticize other faiths, or promote the prosperity gospel. What other methods has he left other than to victimize the weakest group, so as to sustain his followers' belief that they are special, different, chosen, or whatever trash.

Besides, the public us no longer that dumb. Who caused more tears in our social fabric? Gays? Pink dot? Or all those seditious crimes exposed, and the alleged financial grafts of CHC. You don't see the man talking about these. Instead he asks u to pray, for the possibly guilty, and not to think / judge it! Yet he judges others. Shows what a scum he is. And the more we rant about him. The more chances for his sheeps to jump into the debate and sustain this man's final moment of public attention.

Also, what has this to do about Christianity? As so many have pointed out, ever see local Christians avoid shellfish? They dun even know what is actually written in the bible. They only regurgitate what scheming leaders tell them too. And so the more you link Khong to religion, the more you indirectly credit him.

I do not know Buddhism as much as I have read the bible, the theology and the historicity of the Christian faith. Yes, if you must know, I am intrigued by your religion to research and read up on it before I debate you guys.

But as much I understand Buddhism, the two main denominations are Theravana and Maharayana (not sure if I even spelled it correctly) and they differ only by one hoping to attain self enlightenment first and the other to help others attain enlightenment before self. And the common doctrines are empathy, benevolence and detatchment from wordly wants. In fact one does not even have to be a Buddhist to gain enligthenment as there are many paths to the light (contrast this to Christianity).

Buddha once told his disciples that to cross to the other side 彼岸 of the sea 苦海, there are many ways and he only offered his "boat" to help you cross to the other side, after which one does not need to carry this "boat" around with him, therein the reason why Buddhists are not big on evangelising. That is only my understanding and I stand corrected.

Gosh! you are deluded to think only "some" Christians are persecuting you as a gay person. Where do you think these people get the ammunition, the misplaced moral courage and imprimatur to judge and persecute us? From the bible supposedly inspired by the living god. All the passages are there, telling his followers to kill the gays, the witches, the unbelievers..........again the list goes on.

From the bible supposedly inspired by the living god. All the passages are there, telling his followers to kill the gays, the witches, the unbelievers..........again the list goes on.

I agree fully with what u wrote. Christians on the whole (in terms of numbers) object homosexuality. Those who condone are the minority. I also heard people saying what u said that these things were being mentioned in bible. But i never got the chance to read the actual thing, just hearsay. Do u know which section or portion that says kill gays wtiches unbelievers? 

I am not disputing u. I am just curious. I want to read the actual thing and judge for myself rather than hearsay from people. 

I agree fully with what u wrote. Christians on the whole (in terms of numbers) object homosexuality. Those who condone are the minority. I also heard people saying what u said that these things were being mentioned in bible. But i never got the chance to read the actual thing, just hearsay. Do u know which section or portion that says kill gays wtiches unbelievers? 

I am not disputing u. I am just curious. I want to read the actual thing and judge for myself rather than hearsay from people. Genesis 38.6-38.10 - killing Onan for not obeying god to inseminate his brother's wife

Exodus 12.29-34.7 - killing of Egypt's firstborn during Moses' time, just bcos Moses, god's prophet, is a coward. Read the story and judge for yourself.

Leviticus 20.13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman.....They must be put to death

Leviticus 20.27 - A man or a woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death

Numbers 25.5 - Each of you must put to death those of your men who worship the Baal of Peor

Numbers 31.1-40 - Moses was told by the lord to "kill all the boys. And kill every women who has slept with a man". This passage even counted the amount of spoils including virgin women they took hostage.

Deuteronomy 7.2-13.6 - killing and destroying everything incl your siblings, spouses and children if they dared worship other gods.

Deuteronomy 22.22 - death for adultery

Joshua 6.20-10.40 - total genocide, "destroying with the sword every living thing - men, women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys".

Judges 11.30-39 - How Jephthah sacrificed his young daughter to the lord as promised and this time no angel was there to save her like in Abraham and Aaron's case.

1 Samuel 6.19 - killing those men who dared look into the ark of the lord.

Isaiah 13.15-60.12 - "Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes....their wives ravished"

Jeremiah 19.9-15 - "I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters"..bcos they were stiff necked and would not listen to my words".

And the list goes on again.....I will have to through thru my bible for more...and sometimes I dun blame 90% of the Christians for not knowing their bible bcos some parts can get tedious.

Those of you who think I am lifting these verses out of context I am ready to hear you out.

Why these verses are so full of Condemnation, extreme punishment and not showing of leniency, I thought God preaches for LOVE, it is so contradicting to what it preaches.

Why these verses are so full of Condemnation, extreme punishment and not showing of leniency, I thought God preaches for LOVE, it is so contradicting to what it preaches.

That is why in the old days, commoners were not allowed to read, let alone own a copy of the bible. And I really see no diffference in this 21st century when more than 90% of the congregations are literate, yet 90% of them dun read the bible. They just hear everything from the pulpit.

The pastors only glorify god for stopping the sacrifice of Abrabham first born Aaron and they make a big hoo-hah out it - "Oh how kind, how forgiving, how benevolent god is", when in the first place what transression had either Abraham or his son did to warrant the killing - no, god just wanted to test Abraham's faith and obedience!! The meek congregations will never hear of the child sacrifice of Jephthal, but when asked they will spin a whole new story and interpretations out of it. I have heard it all.

Aiyoh, God just told me to post a message here:

Sinners and bitches all go to hell.

gstc82, you are the mother of all arguments.

peace.

Hi:) I am not arguing with anyone. If you do agree that relationship with god is between just you and god, it's your call.

If your base your believes on any god must include other people other than god, good on you.

"At one point, he challenged the pastor to further clarify his view, demanding he say whether he thought homosexuality was "abnormal".

"I just believe in what the Bible says and I'm just curious for you, Kevin, if you call yourself a Christian, why don't you believe the words of Jesus in the Bible?"

Mr Rudd responded: "Well, mate, if I was going to have that view, the Bible also says that slavery is a natural condition."

It was met with loud applause from the audience."

- Kevin Rudd delivers same-sex smackdown on Q&A. http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/kevin-rudd-delivers-samesex-smackdown-on-qa-20130903-2t20e.html#ixzz2dp8QK319

Another quote from Kevin Rudd fr the article

"The human condition and social conditions change," he said. "What is the fundamental principle of the New Testament? It is one of universal love. If we get obsessed with a particular definition for that through sexuality then I think we're missing the centrality of what the gospel... is all about. And therefore I go back to my question, if you think homosexuality is an unnatural condition then frankly I cannot agree with you based on any element of the science."

Modern Christians do not burn or kill bcos it is criminal to do so. So instead they tell non believers they will be burnt in hell for ETERNITY if they do not accept their lord Jesus Christ. Which is more cruel I ask you?

haha....from physical to psychological tactics.

I was a Christian for many years before I become a Buddhist. So let me give you my point of view. Regarding consistencies in Christian doctrines among the different denominations, let me just ask you one concerning baptism. Does one need to be baptised to be saved? Will sprinkling water on the head do the job or must one be submerged in water? Or must one go to the river or sea? Do you know there exist different doctrines among some denominations regarding this? This is just only one inconsistency but a very fundamental one that got me baffled for a long time.

You haven't got a clue to the history of Buddhism and what doctrines were first taught by the Buddha Himself and later on after his passing, the Buddhist Councils that were convened to preserve His teachings and practices. I think you can only make some sensible and reasonable comparison if you are indeed knowledgeable about the subject matter otherwise keep it out of your response. Buddhism is not a theistic religion and is not an appropriate comparison with Christian.

We are looking at, in particular, the inconsistencies thrown up by the protestant denominations here.

Yes we do have a consistent set of teachings...

But we as humans often interpret what we learn to suit ourselves.

Isn't this a contradiction? It is because Christians interpret what they learn to suit themselves that's why the inconsistencies arise.

"At one point, he challenged the pastor to further clarify his view, demanding he say whether he thought homosexuality was "abnormal".

"I just believe in what the Bible says and I'm just curious for you, Kevin, if you call yourself a Christian, why don't you believe the words of Jesus in the Bible?"

Mr Rudd responded: "Well, mate, if I was going to have that view, the Bible also says that slavery is a natural condition."

It was met with loud applause from the audience."

- Kevin Rudd delivers same-sex smackdown on Q&A. http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/kevin-rudd-delivers-samesex-smackdown-on-qa-20130903-2t20e.html#ixzz2dp8QK319

I can only imagine what was going through the pastor's mind........'Mr Rudd u r going to burn in hell together with the rest of them!'

And the list goes on again.....I will have to through thru my bible for more...and sometimes I dun blame 90% of the Christians for not knowing their bible bcos some parts can get tedious.

Those of you who think I am lifting these verses out of context I am ready to hear you out.

Thanks so much for the info. U are indeed very knowlegeable. :thumb:  In fact u are more knowlegeable than those church goers who are obsessed with glorifying lord, raise donations, & evangelising, but they didn't understand the bible enough.

I had earlier requested for specific details from you but just base on what u have provided, no thank you, i don't want to read the details   :lol: . What u have given me is enough to cause me nightmare already  :lol: So tonight if i get nightmare , i call u and scold u ok?   :lol:  Just kidding.  :thumb:

Just to pick up from where you said about 90% of Christians not knowing their bible:

Does knowing all the things in the Bible makes a Christian more godly? Is it even necessary? How many Christians actually ask the question: "based on what evidence is the bible the word of God and what is really meant by 'the word of God?'" Are all the things written in the bible really what God want to say to you? How much of it must a Christian know?

Christians simply believe and therefore assume the bible to be the word of God and that it is infallible (meaning there can be no errors) because it is the word of God. So by pulling verses out of the bible to justify his own views for whatever purpose, a Christian felt bestowed with divine authority to make right all the wrong views in the world. Often, if not always, the intention is good.

But please don't just quote the bible based on your assumption. It is your responsibility to find out the history of the bible and the evidences still being debated about it's divine inspiration. Otherwise show the Christian values by the way you live your life. Action always speak louder than words for everyone.

You may want to visit these website for a start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_inerrancy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history

Just to pick up from where you said about 90% of Christians not knowing their bible:

Does knowing all the things in the Bible makes a Christian more godly? Is it even necessary? How many Christians actually ask the question: "based on what evidence is the bible the word of God and what is really meant by 'the word of God?'" Are all the things written in the bible really what God want to say to you? How much of it must a Christian know?

Christians simply believe and therefore assume the bible to be the word of God and that it is infallible (meaning there can be no errors) because it is the word of God. So by pulling verses out of the bible to justify his own views for whatever purpose, a Christian felt bestowed with divine authority to make right all the wrong views in the world. Often, if not always, the intention is good.

But please don't just quote the bible based on your assumption. It is your responsibility to find out the history of the bible and the evidences still being debated about it's divine inspiration. Otherwise show the Christian values by the way you live your life. Action always speak louder than words for everyone.

You may want to visit these website for a start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_inerrancy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history

Yes, just like u dont need to know every part of the car to be a F1 driver :)

And you dont need to know every details of a person to love him.

God is more concern with our hearts, not the way we are baptised, the amt we tithe, the number of verses we memorise...

A person may be baptised in a river, tithes great amt of money, memorise the whole bible, but as long as his heart is not with God, he is just a Christian in name only.

Because our physical bodies are not created for homosexuality, thats why lube has to be used to lubricate the asshole before penetration, whereas it is not so much of a hassle if you are penetrating a pussy.

But we humans have finer feelings. And these feelings may surpass the physical restraints that nature has unkindly bestowed on us. So, while it is obviously unnatural on the physical aspect to be a homosexual, it may not be so in the emotional aspect.

I'm laughing as I'm typing my response.. :lol:

Lube are for homo bcos the ass is not created for fxxking? When the str guys fxxk pussy they don't use lube at all?

If it is so obviously unnatural on the physical aspect to be homo then why are gays enjoying it so much and can't get enough of it. What finer feelings? People mostly fxxk and forget.

What kind of nonsensical explanations are these?

I'm laughing as I'm typing my response.. :lol:

Lube are for homo bcos the ass is not created for fxxking? When the str guys fxxk pussy they don't use lube at all?

If it is so obviously unnatural on the physical aspect to be homo then why are gays enjoying it so much and can't get enough of it. What finer feelings? People mostly fxxk and forget.

What kind of nonsensical explanations are these?

Thank God I use extra virgin olive oil for cooking and pleasure.

God is more concern with our hearts, not the way we are baptised, the amt we tithe, the number of verses we memorise...

A person may be baptised in a river, tithes great amt of money, memorise the whole bible, but as long as his heart is not with God, he is just a Christian in name only.

I can see that you don't question your Christian belief at all. You don't even care that people, experts or laymen find the bible full of contradictions?

Nobody is asking you to become a bible scholar. Just do your homework before you dish out your brand of Christianity.

I can see that you don't question your Christian belief at all. You don't even care that people, experts or laymen find the bible full of contradictions?

Nobody is asking you to become a bible scholar. Just do your homework before you dish out your brand of Christianity.

guest, if he had ever even bothered to read up on the history of Christianity, and how it came to be formed, he would never have become a Christian.

how could such a kind, compassionate, all-knowing "God" allow atrocities such as North Korea, Iran, Al-Qaeda run rampant while blessing conhee with millions and cried to him? To make matters worse, allowed 3 hugely different religions to take off in his "name" and watch as the people fight over which is his true words and kill each other to death? i am quite sure such a fucked deity DOES NOT exist.

It is exactly with such mentality as yours that Christian converts blindly follow whatever their preacher preached without questions. Otherwise how could CHC done what it had done? Otherwise how could one so persistently insist that homosexuality is so 'obviously unnatural' without examining perceptions and prejudices arising from misguided beliefs?

guest, if he had ever even bothered to read up on the history of Christianity, and how it came to be formed, he would never have become a Christian.

how could such a kind, compassionate, all-knowing "God" allow atrocities such as North Korea, Iran, Al-Qaeda run rampant while blessing conhee with millions and cried to him? To make matters worse, allowed 3 hugely different religions to take off in his "name" and watch as the people fight over which is his true words and kill each other to death? i am quite sure such a fucked deity DOES NOT exist.

Yes I agree totally with you.....u know I felt as strongly as you do even during those times when I was a Christian. Funny thing is I actually know how he's feeling and thinking. I was there before. I was just hoping that he might be at least be objective for his own sake.

Don't be too harsh to Gosh. To me, he is very different from the typical blind followers. At least he bothers to look into your queries and try to provide some explanation. If u go church and meet some of them, they will tell u "don't ask, just believe, He must have a reason for doing this and u need not know the reason", and they will go on and on and on and on non-stop glorifying. 

Thanks so much for the info. U are indeed very knowlegeable. :thumb:  In fact u are more knowlegeable than those church goers who are obsessed with glorifying lord, raise donations, & evangelising, but they didn't understand the bible enough.

I had earlier requested for specific details from you but just base on what u have provided, no thank you, i don't want to read the details   :lol: . What u have given me is enough to cause me nightmare already  :lol: So tonight if i get nightmare , i call u and scold u ok?   :lol:  Just kidding.  :thumb:

If you think that those bible verses quoted can cause you nightmare, wait till you listen to my experience many years ago.

I was in my late teen when I became a Christian many years ago. My pastor then was particularly fond of preaching about the end times. Every Sunday without fail, the sermons would be about how to escape the persecutions when Jesus come again, how to become the chosen ones.. etc. Imagine the fear and anxiety I had to go through when I was just discovery that I was gay. I already felt doomed even before the pastor open the book of revelation each week. I left the church each time feeling like I had the stamp of 666 on my forehead. I was depressed most of the time. Was I, if I am indeed homosexual, already destined for hell even before the second coming?

Looking back, for a teenager that was a lot to take. But I survived without divine intervention.

Don't be too harsh to Gosh. To me, he is very different from the typical blind followers. At least he bothers to look into your queries and try to provide some explanation. If u go church and meet some of them, they will tell u "don't ask, just believe, He must have a reason for doing this and u need not know the reason", and they will go on and on and on and on non-stop glorifying. 

Honestly I care about Gosh as much as he care about everyone here. I was a Christian before and I know. It's exactly like you said: "don't ask, just believe" that I find a really sad thing to happen to anyone.

When I was a Christian, I was afraid to question. I felt guilty to question because it implied I had no faith. I was even more afraid to discover what I believed in was not so true after all if I asked too many questions.

Do children ever grow up and learn anything without questionings?

Yes spirituality is a journey..a growth..a personal evolution. You believe in things at different stage of the journey with the things that r most beneficial to you to grow at the point. So your perceptions on religion and its teaching will change and mature along the way. That is why different ppl could hv different interpretation. But the goal or destination is the same.

It will come to a stage where you don't need a religion anymore, cos you are naturally living a spiritual life. You don't need laws or commandments to guide you. It becomes you.

And you will know it when you reach the stage cos you experience a profound peace, joy and love that no worldly things can affect you. You have found the kingdom within.

Scripture: Matthew 13:44-46

44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

If you think that those bible verses quoted can cause you nightmare, wait till you listen to my experience many years ago.

I was in my late teen when I became a Christian many years ago. My pastor then was particularly fond of preaching about the end times. Every Sunday without fail, the sermons would be about how to escape the persecutions when Jesus come again, how to become the chosen ones.. etc. Imagine the fear and anxiety I had to go through when I was just discovery that I was gay. I already felt doomed even before the pastor open the book of revelation each week. I left the church each time feeling like I had the stamp of 666 on my forehead. I was depressed most of the time. Was I, if I am indeed homosexual, already destined for hell even before the second coming?

Looking back, for a teenager that was a lot to take. But I survived without divine intervention.

ya, i can understand your suffering and fear. I been through

I was never a christian. But like u, when i was sec 2 and i discover i like guys, i also have a lot of fear, exactly like u. But my fear is a bit different from yours. Mine is because of media's negative portrayals, and in the past they will arrest gays at gay gatherings, plus one christian tuition teacher was trying to convert me and started telling me about christianity and different types of human sins, eg. adutlery, bestiality, incest etc. She did touched on homosexuality and she said this is very sinful. With portrayal of gays as criminals, i dare not admit to myself that i am gay, dare not tell anyone, no one to confide. When i had crush, i must keep it a secret. Plus a lot of misconception of associating Aids with gays. Very very lonely.

Things only change when i went ns and i realise that i actually have many "friends" in same shoes, and i need not feel lonely anymore. From then on, i never looked back.

Agree with you if you plan to become a F1 driver. Agree with again if you are in love with someone.

But if you are planning to go to heaven, you better make sure your God exists in the first place. Don't give me these craps: the bible say so.....God told me.....it's God's will.....

• Guest locked and locked this topic