Male HQ

Is It Possible To Really Find Love Outside Of Virtual Interface

Guest undefined

Guest undefined

what im asking is how realistic it is to really to find someone new in real life and not through the gay chatrooms or forums or community sites

I am one day hoping to tell my grandkids that i met the love of my life NOT ONLINE but it feels like that's just a pipe dream

what im asking is how realistic it is to really to find someone new in real life and not through the gay chatrooms or forums or community sites

I am one day hoping to tell my grandkids that i met the love of my life NOT ONLINE but it feels like that's just a pipe dream

As oppose to telling them you met the love of your life in a gay bar/parade/seedy hangout?

The hell you gonna get 'em grand kids,cookie!

You can.

But the chances are slim and the probability of you encountering a str8 nice guy instead of a queer nice one is pretty high as well.

Way too many people have an online presence.

For those who don't,friend referrals aren't as widespread.

agree, in the end you have to risk ruining a friendship with a nice guy as well.

unless, you meet someone who is out of the closet..

You are more likely to meet like-minded people by hanging out where they hang out. Therefore I think the internet is a valuable tool. Gays and straights now in days use the internet a lot for finding a soul mate. It's a great screening tool and can save on feelings of rejection. If you are not using the internet then you will have to go to the clubs, bars and bathhouses where gays hang out. Your chance of finding someone significantly goes up if you socialize in the right circles.

Best wishes

You are more likely to meet like-minded people by hanging out where they hang out. Therefore I think the internet is a valuable tool. Gays and straights now in days use the internet a lot for finding a soul mate. It's a great screening tool and can save on feelings of rejection. If you are not using the internet then you will have to go to the clubs, bars and bathhouses where gays hang out. Your chance of finding someone significantly goes up if you socialize in the right circles.

Best wishes

Basically this.

I think if you are socializing in the right network of friends, you can even abandon Internet and still make new gay friends.

The Internet is still a very helpful tool, just that it's possible not to use it.

The good thing, though, we doesn't necessarily have to choose one or the other.

I can make new friends both ways, so why not?

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Hi folks,

Internet can be a useful tool to get to know more like-minded friends. Some people may prefer this method for more privacy and safety purposes. Apart from physical spaces such as clubs, bars or saunas, there are also avenues for you to meet people in a non sexualised context. If you would like to make more friends beyond the virtual world, you may consider visiting our website - http://www.oogachaga.com/congregaytion/

From time to time, we do organise social events or community activities in which participants can get to meet new people. This can be a great way if you are intending to increase your social network. Hope this helps.

Oogachaga

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

• Guest locked this topic