Male HQ

Safra Voucher (Ang Bao) For All Nsmen

GachiMuchi

Guest Pennyless

I think if you are from the police or civil defence, you won't be able to apply for the vouchers onlineĀ  :(

Not fair right? Every male Singaporean is serving NS be it police or others. As long as you completed two-years stint AND 13th ICT regardless of police or fireman, they should be equally compensated.

I know this will bring on all sorts of "gratitude," "be proud that you are defending your family" etc argument. But screw it. They can keep the vouchers and membership-to-pay-for-more-things. The screw ups MINDEF and my unit had with call-ups, just a slight improvement there would allow me to afford far more of this amount. And you know what, I finally highlighted it to the unit after donkey years, stupid me, and all they could say were, people were having a bad day etc etc, be contented, etc etc.

Ā 

Their lords the PAP were hardly contented when debating their own benefits. And neither were there, as quite fully shown, capable or interested in guarding the safety and security of our own soldiers. Till today there is no legislation stopping companies from discriminating against NSmen. And only this year, after 46 years of it, was a fund finally established to support guys crippled by NS. What illusions of grandeur being saviours of Singapore charging into the field? We don't even protect our own comrades.

Ā 

Rubbish.

Guest Gay NSmen

I know this will bring on all sorts of "gratitude," "be proud that you are defending your family" etc argument. But screw it. They can keep the vouchers and membership-to-pay-for-more-things. The screw ups MINDEF and my unit had with call-ups, just a slight improvement there would allow me to afford far more of this amount. And you know what, I finally highlighted it to the unit after donkey years, stupid me, and all they could say were, people were having a bad day etc etc, be contented, etc etc.

Ā 

Their lords the PAP were hardly contented when debating their own benefits. And neither were there, as quite fully shown, capable or interested in guarding the safety and security of our own soldiers. Till today there is no legislation stopping companies from discriminating against NSmen. And only this year, after 46 years of it, was a fund finally established to support guys crippled by NS. What illusions of grandeur being saviours of Singapore charging into the field? We don't even protect our own comrades.

Ā 

Rubbish.

Ā 

Ya, can still take whatever given to us, than screw them.Ā  Gratitude is hifalutin.

Well, we love to talk about morality? Our parliament throws that every other session? This is about morality. You accept their meaningless token, they will think everything is fine and lovely. The real issues get buried deeper. Think of what that does to yourself and your male kin.

Besides, it is quite beyond doubt PAP will have some other way to get u to finance this. They give and they take back, double, later? So happiness to u for accepting this gift. Enjoy serving NS to pay for more.

Not fair right? Every male Singaporean is serving NS be it police or others. As long as you completed two-years stint AND 13th ICT regardless of police or fireman, they should be equally compensated.

go to hometeamns45.sg to find out your entitlement.

Edited by Kel Tan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

How many of you taking up:-

Ā 

a) $80 voucher + 1 year SAFRA membership

b) $40 voucher + 2 years SAFRA membership

Ā 

safra membership is not really attractive so i took up the $80.

Ā 

u guys have any idea when will we receive the vouchers if we sign up in feb? i see some merchants have already put up the signages that they accept the safra vouchers.

Guest balls

safra membership is not really attractive so i took up the $80.

Ā 

u guys have any idea when will we receive the vouchers if we sign up in feb? i see some merchants have already put up the signages that they accept the safra vouchers.

They did not expected the response from NSmen to be so overwhelming !Ā (WTF) and therefore, they take more time to process and expect to send all letters out by only end of Apr. Ā Very efficient hor ?! with their Big Boss keeps emphasizing on Improving Productivity. Ā 

Guest Guest

They did not expected the response from NSmen to be so overwhelming !Ā (WTF) and therefore, they take more time to process and expect to send all letters out by only end of Apr. Ā Very efficient hor ?! with their Big Boss keeps emphasizing on Improving Productivity. Ā 

what overwhelming? Ā they r assuming no or only very few NSmen are interested?

I am a SAFRA member and I received my vouchers through the snail-mail.

I have used up all the vouchers by buying all the necessary household items, ranging from condiments to sauces, detergent to toiletries and of course, some food items.

Ā 

Don't worry about the delay as the expiry date is March 2014...

Haven't got the letter or vouchers yet. Guess it is done in batches, by surname perhaps? Think it was announced that 900,000 will be eligible, so likely take a long time to finish sending out all the letters and vouchers.

Ā 

Do give them a break, they are not going to employ more people just to do this one-time voucher thing. Those people are not going to work late just to count vouchers and put in envelope, just wait ok. All this is human labour, not auto generated by machine.

Ā 

My friend who served in SPF got an $80 voucher, which is also given to those who served in SCDF. it's not given by SAFRA of course. But to answer this post, yes they are equally "compensated".

am sure there're many non-safra members who are still ignorant about this reward

just don't understand why safra is handling this $100m hongbao for nsmen and as such taking theĀ opportunity to sell their membership

wonder what they'll do with the unclaimed amount after end-march 2014?

Guest Guest

if im not wrong, its general safra vouchers not tied to any coys or orgs so u can use them at the participating outlets. i saw the signage at cold storage cashier point.

Ā 

funny how the website says theres overwhelming response, shouldnt they have anticipated before giving out to all nsmen?

Guest Tan久久

if im not wrong, its general safra vouchers not tied to any coys or orgs so u can use them at the participating outlets. i saw the signage at cold storage cashier point.

Ā 

funny how the website says theres overwhelming response, shouldnt they have anticipated before giving out to all nsmen?

it's THEIR style after all these years

when giving $ - they are 5 steps behind planned.

when collecting $ - they are 10 steps ahead of planned and have penalty for any late payment.

anyway, it is nice for them to give these "ang bao" to nsmen ..... and what we can do is to just wait !!! Ā like the teochew sayingĀ ē­‰ä¹…å°±ä¼šęœ‰ !

Ā 

Guest donkeykong

signed up in Feb but till now nothing in the mail box??!?!?!?!?

SAF style wat ! Ā 7 am fall-in, 8:45 am then move out. Ā 

Wait so this membership does not give us free entry to the gym?

EnergyOne gym is another business unit of SAFRA, as SAFRA member, you are given preferential rates compare to non-members.

SAFRA facilities are open to paid public usage during non peak period.

Edited by passby

• 2 weeks later...

remember to bring your IC along when using the vouchers.

é¾ę„å°±å„½ļ¼Œē†ä½¢ē”·å®šå„³

Ā 

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

Ā 

ē»“ē¼˜äøē»“ę€Ø

č§£ę€Øäøč§£ē¼˜

Ā 

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

Ā 

ēœ‹ē©æäøčÆ“ē©æ

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Raiden Alpha

I just got mine today! gave it to my mum as I'm already working and my mum could use it to do grocery shopping at NTUC.

Your mum need your ic to use those vouchers..

Well you can accompany her to do some grocery shopping and have some family time together in hectic Singapore.:)

Guest Guest

I just got mine today! gave it to my mum as I'm already working and my mum could use it to do grocery shopping at NTUC.

remember to give her your safra card, they will check your ic nos

• Guest locked this topic