Male HQ

Anyone Kena Ops Manning Before?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hows the procedure like? Someone will call you? Have to bring full battle order (FBO) along? And do what when you inpro?

You will get a SMS, a call from your area IC, and even on radio and tv. Then full battle order you do your in pro to the designated camp. In most cases, it will be signing in then can go off. Objective is to test the Bn response within stipulated time. Most guys will be 4 hours recall. Hope this help. Enjoy your call back tomorrow. :-)

Guest Guest

Enjoy your call back tomorrow. :-)

LOL are you hinting there will be a callback tmr for those on ops manning period now?

Guest Guest

You will get a SMS, a call from your area IC, and even on radio and tv. Then full battle order you do your in pro to the designated camp. In most cases, it will be signing in then can go off. Objective is to test the Bn response within stipulated time. Most guys will be 4 hours recall. Hope this help. Enjoy your call back tomorrow. :-)

So need to lug along the duffle bag including helmet, sbo (or they call it lbv now), field pack items and all)? Ur nearest camp or ict camp?

Check in with your unit IC or fellow NSmen.

FBO and field pack items are to be brought.

Usually they'll send you a list or give you one when you ring them up.

Sign in and out of the designated area.

They will inform hours in advance so you will get ready.

The acknowledgement request will be sent continuously by sms/call until you accept it.

Guest Guest

Yes.. Most likely as in 99% called back.

Which camp u should have been briefed. U gotta checked with your fellow camp mate.

Full pack item a must. Enjoy

How come u so sure will be called bk tmr (sat)?

As previously mentioned, normally they just want to see your response time, i.e. your reporting time back to camp within the stipulated hours (usually it's within 4-5 hours?)

I was told previously you just have to book in, sign, and then you're allowed to go off after a quick check of your FBO. However apparently nowadays there will be some sort of training or whatsoever? Rumours I heard when I was back from ICT earlier this year.

Guest Guest

If time allowance is 4 hrs, how long do most ppl normally reach camp? Should just own sweet time tk public transport or cab down if no car?

Guest Already Expired by SAF

If time allowance is 4 hrs, how long do most ppl normally reach camp? Should just own sweet time tk public transport or cab down if no car?

Timing is rather subjective. Before the mobilisation starts (silent or publicly announced), all your ICs will be very kan cheong to pre-empt you as they got the first hands info.  You will received call at home or via sms and you will also given a number to call your unit - an automatic voice will ask you to report to your unit immediately as mob has sarted.  Your close buddies will also be calling each other thereafer to confirm, just in case they thought someone tried to play april fool joke.  The kind soul staying nearby might even offer to give you a ride or you buddy buddy each other to the center.

The above protocol aside.

Depends on unit. I usually prefer early go there, sign in and than early go home (all of which could take place within an hour and thereafter you will be happily sitting in the comfy of your own sofa at home or catch a well deserved movie) while others were still taking their own sweet time to book in.

Most of the time, nothing much to do except to fall asleep in school or in camp canteen depending on where your mobilised center is.  Sometimes, you just past time chit chatting with your camp mates on all things personal or simply find something to eat. 

During which, everyone will be eagerly waiting for instruction to see what was the PC's agenda, either to check on your full pack (on first cum first serve basis than you can go home), or wait for everyone to be presence before giving briefing (on what is to be expected in your next ICT, like pre-warning you of certain strenous programmes...etc) . 

So far, I have never kena being required to draw arms and stayed overnight because the logistical aspect will be seen too heavy for SAF, not sure about other unit practices.

One last thing, remember to wear dog tag, it is part of signing in procedure or they ask you to go home again to take it.  I usually put my dog tag inside my army booklet so you won't miss it.

When they return you the booklet, make sure they indicate you have participated in the mob exercise.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

Guest still tekan by SAF

One last thing, remember to wear dog tag, it is part of signing in procedure or they ask you to go home again to take it.  I usually put my dog tag inside my army booklet so you won't miss it.

When they return you the booklet, make sure they indicate you have participated in the mob exercise.

dun think need dog tag lah, 11b or IC more impt. and what army booklet?

Guest Already Expired by SAF

dun think need dog tag lah, 11b or IC more impt. and what army booklet?

Ya, they expect everyone to have dog tag, as if you are going to war soon. Army green booklet you never heard of? Those were like report card indicating which year you have attended ICT, IPPT...etc  It is sitting in my antique closet as old momento now and my dog tag remains dangling there. Time flies.

Guest Guest

Yes.. Most likely as in 99% called back.

Which camp u should have been briefed. U gotta checked with your fellow camp mate.

Full pack item a must. Enjoy

Bro kena conned by you, no manning at all today.

Guest Guest

I never con you. The unit got activated was 312 SIB! They have kinda taken over as the recall Bn.

You from 428sar?

Oic, so only 1 unit will be recalled? No im not from there. I thought all who kena ops manning notification will be recalled.

My manning period is till 21 may. Is it safe to say wont get recalled anymore? Its eating into my plan for precious weekends man. -_-

Oic, so only 1 unit will be recalled? No im not from there. I thought all who kena ops manning notification will be recalled.

My manning period is till 21 may. Is it safe to say wont get recalled anymore? Its eating into my plan for precious weekends man. -_-

Yes. They don't usually do it over two weekends, but there can always be an exception.

Hmm...I think now is my manning period too...

Ya, they expect everyone to have dog tag, as if you are going to war soon. Army green booklet you never heard of? Those were like report card indicating which year you have attended ICT, IPPT...etc It is sitting in my antique closet as old momento now and my dog tag remains dangling there. Time flies.

As you said - Already expired by SAF, the booklet is not in use anymore... Online now...

I was issued but never use at all...

Better to keep your ID tag with FAD (if you have) in your SBO/LBV/LBA , sure safe...

Edited by passby

Ops manning is for > 6NTM , 2 & 4 are active units...

It's no longer inpro and can go off ... You have to wait till unit achieve X% of strength and then briefing starts before out-pro...

So no point being on the ball to rush back...end up you kena stuck in camp rotting for hours...

Usually reach your reporting camp by the 4th or 5th hour, you be very safe and wouldn't waste too much of your life rotting in camp...

• Guest locked this topic