Male HQ

Question For Singaporean Sales Staff

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Nowadays, if I can hold back my purchases, I will do so until I can get a Singaporean to serve me, even if that means going back to the shop over and over again. Of course, this must be convenient enough for me in the first place. My intention is to help improve the "sales target" for local Singaporeans by giving my sales to them and making them shine, instead of helping any other foreigners. I cannot stop the bosses from hiring foreigners, but I sure can do my small little part in helping the locals here.

I have even gotten as far as to getting information from foreigners and coming back a second day to buy the things from a Singaporean before. Will this be helpful to the Singaporean sales? Or perhaps nobody really care about individual sales targets, and I am just making life a bit more busy for Singaporean sales people?

Guest Guest

Nowadays, if I can hold back my purchases, I will do so until I fly out from Spore to do so.  Why? Becoz I need to pay more in Spore and get lousy service from Sporeans.  Many are reluctant to smile, and uninterested to get the purchase transacted.

Try HK, KL and even as far as Sydney and New York.  Look at the sales personnel of these cities, and you will know how fxxk up the local sales personnel are. And don't only scold the foreigners, the Sporean sales personnel need much room for improvement. 

Guest Guest

Nowadays, if I can hold back my purchases, I will do so until I fly out from Spore to do so. Why? Becoz I need to pay more in Spore and get lousy service from Sporeans. Many are reluctant to smile, and uninterested to get the purchase transacted.

Try HK, KL and even as far as Sydney and New York. Look at the sales personnel of these cities, and you will know how fxxk up the local sales personnel are. And don't only scold the foreigners, the Sporean sales personnel need much room for improvement.

You haven't tried getting some foreigners to sell things to you, have you? They can lie through their teeth with a straight poker face just to get your money. To them, even if they turn out to be the biggest liar in the entire Singapore, they go home white as snow with stacks of dollar bills stuffed in their luggages. By the way, next time, try buying some things from Manila and Beijing. Bring a blood bag with you to replenish all that you vomit out. I will take Singaporean sales over them ANY time.

I dunno about other shops but the ones I've worked in before, there is no individual sales target. There is only a shop sales target so everyone works towards the same goal. So what you're doing makes no difference.

Unless they are clearly promoters in courts and other electronics selling stores.

Edited by Gray

A Sale person's job is promote their product and generate the sales for the product or company they work for.

There will be ethical and unethical sales person, regardless Singaporean or foreigner sales person, in Singapore or elsewhere in the world.

It is your prerogative who you want to give the sales too.

Guest Guest

i passed by the duty free shop in changi airport alot and i realise the younger local staffs there are more proficient in product knowledge and dun hard sell too. there are alot of pinoy and prc staffs as well, pinoy staffs still ok, the prcs are the worst - give you black face, cant understand what they are saying and they only know how to say 'this is ok....this one is ok.....that one is ok too....' :wacko: and some just stand there like robots! ;)

Guest Guest

i passed by the duty free shop in changi airport alot and i realise the younger local staffs there are more proficient in product knowledge and dun hard sell too. there are alot of pinoy and prc staffs as well, pinoy staffs still ok, the prcs are the worst - give you black face, cant understand what they are saying and they only know how to say 'this is ok....this one is ok.....that one is ok too....' :wacko: and some just stand there like robots! ;)

Pinoys are knowledgeable but pretentious and fake, they will sarkar you until your balls warm so that you will buy. Very prostitutey style.

A more effective way would be to write a letter of appreciation to the company to praise the ones that provided good services (or in your case, the Singaporeans, just make up some lame reasons to praise them) and specify who they are.

I'm a PR sales person here. I feel that if you really wanna make Singaporeans shine, you might want to purchase locally made products or locally owned businesses.

It doesn't stop the bosses from investing overseas but it does minimise the bleeding.

Guest Guest

You're wasting a lot of your own resources to make a negligible difference in raising the overall sales of singaporean salespeople. You can do more with your life. Actually, I'm not even sure about that.

Shut the fuck up, you non-Singaporean bitch!

Guest BOSS

Singaporean sales staff? Be the boss before you judge. I for one can tell you 80% of Singapore sales staff are more interested in checking their twitter, facebook, instagram or sms than looking out for customers that come in to browse.

Customers have to even alert Singaporean sales staff that they ARE in the shop and need assistance...  give up!

Guest Guest

I'm a PR sales person here. I feel that if you really wanna make Singaporeans shine, you might want to purchase locally made products or locally owned businesses.

It doesn't stop the bosses from investing overseas but it does minimise the bleeding.

Would you buy a Creative ipad???

Guest Guest

Would you buy a Creative ipad???

Lol actually when Creative was still at the same level ground as Apple, i personally think Creative mp3 players were better than ipod (i used both before) but after that Apple expanded fast and become even better whereas Creative went downhill....

Lol actually when Creative was still at the same level ground as Apple, i personally think Creative mp3 players were better than ipod (i used both before) but after that Apple expanded fast and become even better whereas Creative went downhill....

when I first got my ip

when I first got my mp3, I considered both. Creative was better but design sucks. Creative mp3 was a ugly cheap looking piece of plastic while apple"s iPod was sleek, in steel and much more stylish and more expensive. I got apple.

Guest Guest

when I first got my mp3, I considered both. Creative was better but design sucks. Creative mp3 was a ugly cheap looking piece of plastic while apple"s iPod was sleek, in steel and much more stylish and more expensive. I got apple.

Yea apple was better looking and considered a fashion icon. But i enjoyed using creative cos they hv better sound quality, support fm radio and very easy to transfer files. I rmb transfer files using ipod, cant rmb is it already called itunes but it hanged everytime. Anw that was many years ago. Now i cant believe a new technology or a total brand new device can come out as fast as 1 to 2 years.

• Guest locked this topic