Male HQ

Question On After Job Interview

I went for interview last wednesday and till now my agent told me that he's been rushing the company HR for response if i got selected for the job or not.
But it's been 5 working days since my interview still no response. 
My agent told me before that i have high success rate the company quite like me though..
Just that they still need interview 2 more candiates .
As the position got 2 slot ~~ 

My agent told me that even if i * choi * kena rejected he will still inform me regardles...
but tomorrow thursday already still no news....

How ah guys ? should i not have high expectations ?

Think if you get interviewed, the company will at least inform you if you are successful or not. Probably they can only inform you later cause they have other interviewees to assess as well, so keep hope! Give it a few more days. 

Think if you get interviewed, the company will at least inform you if you are successful or not. Probably they can only inform you later cause they have other interviewees to assess as well, so keep hope! Give it a few more days. 

Hmm but it's been 5 working days already :(

Sad to say, sg employers will usually NOT informed if unsuccessful. Imagine the amount of interviewees the HR will have to notify.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Hmm but it's been 5 working days already :(

Unfortunately, based on my past experiences, those that recruited me will usually notify me within 3 working days.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

My career coach once told me:

You should always end the interview by asking: What is the normal waiting time for this news?

I believe that in Singapore, it is not customary to tell you that you are not selected.

Wait another week and if there is still no news, you are unsuccessful.

Normally if the new company needs you, they will be telling you that you will be notified of the outcome within the next few days.

Guest Guest

eh i think 5 days is ok le.

when i went for interview (3 rounds) for my current job, after first round, i had to wait for a week plus to two weeks before they notify me for second round. after second round, i waited for about a week before notification of third round. after third round, i rmb i waited 7 to 10 days before being told i got the job.

Guest Guest

Depends on how big is the company.

After Interview, HR needs to chk with the hirer if he/she 'e keen to hire you.

If Hirer not sure, might want to see more candidates from other agents.

Secondly, if keen, is your expected salary is within the budget.

Are they willing to wait for you for wks/mths?

Then the hirer might have to inform the head of dept to seek approval.

If head overseas, must wait lor.

If okay, HR need to get the paperwork for both to endorse.

Then contact your agent & try to negotiate your salary.

If you are a good candidate, HR would ask your agent to keep you 'warm' in case you kenna snatch up by another

company.

If you are so so, you probably kenna KIV.

The time needed to clear all the administrative chores vary.

There may be a need to check with various government agencies before the job is offered to you.

For example, they need to verify your academic/education qualifications, state of financial health (for those in the financial sector - to check whether you have been declared bankrupt), criminal records, if any (for those security jobs)... the list goes on...

So in the meantime, cross your fingers.

No, you should be actively seeking more job interviews.

Have you give e2i a try?

They have workshops for poly and u grads... if you are currently in between jobs, they give you an allowance of $4.50/hr.

The career coach will teach you how to write a better CV and how best to present yourself in an interview.

I learnt quite a lot from Dr Seow, the career coach.

Guest freedom to choose

So should I just freaking Assume that I am not selected for the job. ? :(

Move on.  You freaked me out by focusing on one fuck-up company who treated applicants with less urgency.  Nobody is obligated to mutually accept each other.  I prefer to continue looking around instead of waiting, accept those company which treasure you first.  I believe in first-offer-first-accept scenario.   

• Guest locked this topic