Male HQ

Fat Guys Who Slim Down

Guest Guest

I'm not a good example cos I was never really fat to begin with, but I slowly ballooned in weight to about 75kg (from 52kg) after months of unhealthy eating, binge drinking, immobility and poor diet choices. Slowly, everyone around me started saying, "Why so fat now?", "not handsome already" etc etc and it slowly got to me and my self-confidence took a severe beating.

But thank god for my mom who helped to motivate me to jog with her everyday and even planned my meals for me. I exercised like a dog, scheduled optimum sleep patterns, followed dietary restrictions religiously. It was tiring as hell and SO MANY times I wanted to give up, but I decided to push on, 1 day by 1 day more... And 2 months later I dropped to 55kg, reduced my fat % to 10%, and picked up new sporting habits along the way too :)

Now I'm slightly heavier cos of muscle mass but I've never felt healthier and I feel a lot better about myself too! To whoever is trying to lose weight, don't give up! You will really want to quit everytime, but you will feel so much better after you accomplish your goals :) Before this, I couldn't run more than 5 minutes (no joke) before I feel like dropping dead and dying, but YOU CAN DO IT :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ad removed by mod.

Edited by G_M

Guest Guest

But thank god for my mom who helped to motivate me to jog with her everyday and even planned my meals for me.

like that also need ur mum :o ......just kidding

ok make sure you take good care of her when shes old.

Guest Guest

like that also need ur mum :o ......just kidding

ok make sure you take good care of her when shes old.

Mommies are the best.

Bless his mother!

another one

transformation.jpg

Just curious, to have a transformation like this, does the person have to lose weight first and become lean and then build the muscles like the 'After' pic, like a 2-step process or does it work by losing weight and training those muscles at the same time?

Apologise for being off-topic, it's just that I see myself more towards the pic on the left presently (not as bad) and feel inspired to work towards the pic on the right. Just not sure how...I'm aware dieting is definitely crucial on top of training.

Edited by Cooper

Guest Guest

Just curious, to have a transformation like this, does the person have to lose weight first and become lean and then build the muscles like the 'After' pic, like a 2-step process or does it work by losing weight and training those muscles at the same time?

Apologise for being off-topic, it's just that I see myself more towards the pic on the left presently (not as bad) and feel inspired to work towards the pic on the right. Just not sure how...I'm aware dieting is definitely crucial on top of training.

Simultaneously.

you need to lose the fats, that means, complete diet revamp - minus the cakes, chocolate, ice cream.

you need protein to build muscle, therefore eggs, milk, lean meat, etc

you need to train PROPERLY(safely) & RELIGIOUSLY(dun over-train).

Get a trainer first then train on your own after you are familiar with the routine.

Good Luck.

Guest Guest

Some if the trainers were fat only for a few years and some because they are bulking and took that opportunity to post their fat pic and now pic.

ONLY trust a fat guy who lived his life forever fat and slimmed down at later age to be effective

yea like that trainer Mike Chang.....u always see his 'advertisements' on youtube side banners.

But weight gain isnt always about food n lack of exercise. Some ppl I know take medication to treat their illnesses n it makes them balloon. A good example is Sustiva...taken by ppl who have HIV as part of their HAART. I have frens who take it and weight gain is one of the side effects. Correct me if Im wrong but the drug retains fat in the body so it makes ppl on it chubbier than before. So...when u see some ppl u know are suddenly becoming fatter...be more sensitive. There cld be more to it than meets da eye.

Errr but some after slimming down have lots of lose skin leh. :oops:

Like the one in the pic. How sia...

727414-939002.jpg

Edited by ChiSquare

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

I wonder too! How come some have zero loose skin and look so fabulous while others have those unsightly skin dangling around

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

Its in the genes; some ppl have very elastic skin, some like me, suffer from saggy skin:(

Moisturize daily, scrub daily, massage daily... can help but to certain extent only

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

• 1 month later...
Guest Fat_Boy_Slim

For me, it's a 4 step thing,

1 - Diet revamp.

2 - Find Motivation ( yes you will need it, more than think you don't ) for a work-out ( fat burnning ).

3 - Once reach a pletu in your fat burning regime ie weight hang at ##kg for a few months, add in basic strength training - yes basic.

4 - Reduce your fat burning regime and increase your strength training to get muscle mass

Base on my own regime, had drop 25kg from 110kg to 85kg.

:D

Simultaneously.

you need to lose the fats, that means, complete diet revamp - minus the cakes, chocolate, ice cream.

you need protein to build muscle, therefore eggs, milk, lean meat, etc

you need to train PROPERLY(safely) & RELIGIOUSLY(dun over-train).

Get a trainer first then train on your own after you are familiar with the routine.

Good Luck.

Agree with you ^^

Don't forget water - most fat people like drink sports drink or soft drink after a work-out... which will in terms increase the calories...

Ice-water will do the job to hydrate.

For me, it's a 4 step thing,

1 - Diet revamp.

2 - Find Motivation ( yes you will need it, more than think you don't ) for a work-out ( fat burnning ).

3 - Once reach a pletu in your fat burning regime ie weight hang at ##kg for a few months, add in basic strength training - yes basic.

4 - Reduce your fat burning regime and increase your strength training to get muscle mass

Base on my own regime, had drop 25kg from 110kg to 85kg.

:D

Agree with you ^^

Don't forget water - most fat people like drink sports drink or soft drink after a work-out... which will in terms increase the calories...

Ice-water will do the job to hydrate.

100plus?

Hi all, just saw this topic and so I think I like to contribute by sharing my story and my journey.

Since Pri 3 after going thru a appendicitis removal surgery, from a skinny kid I ballooned to a chubby kid. Not sure what happened but back then my grandparents who was looking after me was very happy. You know the older generations feels that kids should have some flesh. Since then I was a on the heavier scale (chub or cub, depends on how you see it)

When I enter into Poly, I was very interested to join the dragonboat team, it was an interests that I have. But after seeing most of them were so hunky and well built and heard of how they train, but I was somewhat determine to do it. However, imagine the recruiter says this to me "Hum... (looking at me from head to toe)... don't you worry that the boat will sink?... if you dont, I do." Though he was saying with an intend to joke... it was an insult that really cuts deep down. But it didn't motivate me to do anything.

Then came NS... I was enlisted to the "Obese" recruits with 5 long months of BMT. So I was determined to be trained to be fit.

- From couldn't run 2.4km to a timing of below 10mins.

- SOC was 20+mins to below 9mins.

- From 0 push ups to 100 push up non-stop

- Came in 3rd in the Company Best Recruit

- From a weight of 95kg to 70kg

- From a waist of 36in to 32in with a relatively define 6packs and pecs.

I was very happy and I wish we have camera phones then, I would have become a cam whore. haha. 

I was posted an Infantry unit taking up a role that is very physically demanding but I was prepared for hell training coming my way... BUT everything came to a halt after 3 weeks into the unit, when I involved in a road accident that almost killed me, after field training. 

That accident makes me partial immobilise and was Att C at home for 6 months. But the 6months I put back on almost all the weight I lost in the BMT. It was somewhat the most depressive time of my life. After NS, I started working... didn't pay much attention to fitness, since I was still sustaining the injuries that somewhat prevented me from active sports. Also my medical status was just temporary downgrade with review every year. So in order not to go back to reservist or take IPPT I didn't want to be active again. 

So that carries on for a long time from then till about 2yrs ago, I was in the commercial gym but not seriously working out, which I do see many of them. I wasn't determine to be fit again, taking it as this is my fate to be stocky/chub/cub. And I was so chubby that I was weighing 105kg.... with a gym membership. Now I realised how much I have wasted on commercial gym membership for all these years.

About 2 yrs ago... while doing a routine medical checkout (because of my age)... my Doc gave me a warning that my health doesn't look quite good. He gave me 6months to do something otherwise, he will have to start me on medication... for the rest of my life. That was the alarm bell ringing. 

Cut the long story short... I finally took up the sport that I like to be in... Dragonboat. Thanks to the team that accept a chubby guy and taught me how to row. You are in here so my heartfelt thanks. And I started on this journey on fitness and health since 2 years ago. Taking my training slowly one step at a time, not too rush but a gradual progress... plus with my age now, my metabolism is not as high as when I was in NS. Read up on dieting, all the different diet fads, working out a diet that would work for me. I even started Crossfit recently to help built up my stamina and overall movement functionality. I have even recently started to challenge myself by signing up for most of the runs. My next run is due next week...

So now I am 82kg down from 105kg, from a waist line of 38in to 34in. My target is to reach 75kg with a waistline of 32in and if possible gain back my 6packs and pecs that I once had them with me. haha. Also complete a full marathon by end next year.

So to all those who are on the journey to lose weight... determination and motivation is key. I started out because of a medical reason but continue the motivation because of a sport that I enjoy very much now. The way that I see myself continuing on this journey is to be one of the best paddler in my team, and even if possible take part in the Crossfit Regional Games... no matter how far fetch this maybe... you need to have a goal in mind. Once you are about to reach it... set another goal.

For those with friends who are on this journey, help them by motivating them... give them a kick in the butt if you find them slowing down. Don't tempt them by asking them out for dinner at some very unhealthy places like all the fast food joints. Encourage and remind them to eat healthy. 

I hope the above can and have motivate some of you.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Cheers!

PS... I am in my 40s. 

Edited by GymStock

Am here for sincere friends... 

Great job jia you!

saw this in trevvy.

fat guys who slim down are always damn hot! i wonder why!

397713_491652737540018_2107900231_n.jpg

Hottest thus far, very disciplined and motivated from meaty to hunky

This thread is damn motivational, make me wanna lose weight again! The only thing that is stopping me is, the obstacle i might face when i start exercising. Previously I was so motivated that I started running 5 days a week for 3 weeks, lost 7kg(no kidding) and a family situation came up and i had to leave with what i was doing. Now im back to square one. What should I do?

tumblr_nx055gZZHw1uc1wv4o1_400.gif

This thread is damn motivational, make me wanna lose weight again! The only thing that is stopping me is, the obstacle i might face when i start exercising. Previously I was so motivated that I started running 5 days a week for 3 weeks, lost 7kg(no kidding) and a family situation came up and i had to leave with what i was doing. Now im back to square one. What should I do?

Hi there, you didn't say what the obstacle would be. 

But if you are referring to the family situation, not sure what it is, you should not let it affect you. No matter how much worry you have for the situation is not going to change the situation overnight or makes it better... then I recommend you to go run/exercise to get your mind away from the situation. you will realised how much more clearer you would be with the situation or some eureka moments may happen when you are exercising. 

What should you do? As NIKE would say it - Just Do It. :)

Am here for sincere friends... 

what kind of situation makes u stop running? u only need 30mins each day.

does the situation make u stop eating and breathing as well? dont give urself excuse to stop. make it part of ur compulsory routine. even if its some family issue, doing workout will make u less depressing m stress.

I second that. Just make 30 mins of cardio exercise part of what you do everyday. If you are bored with running, can always rotate among other exercises such as swimming, cycling, etc. :-)

I lost the most weight from running.

azimuth U were fat before?

I won't say fat but I did put on a lot of weight during my NS days. Haha.

Tot ns is the hardest time to put on weight?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Haha. Not like when you slack around like me. Kidding. Too much canteen breaks and prata,

Haha, still mean tht u slack ard lar, thts y u have time to have many canteen breaks?!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Lol. Nevermind. That's history. :-)

I guess u shld have a nice bod now, cos history has passed.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Tot ns is the hardest time to put on weight?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

my story - i was about 75kg meaty when i enlisted, yes enlisted into mild obese batch, ran down to 70kg looking good.

posted to an ACTIVE unit, when i ORDed i was 96kg!!!! you can roll over the floor and laugh...

It has been three years i've brought it down to 75kg still building lean muscles and training hard

determination, desire and discipline are the key components

best of luck!  :thumb:

Hi there, you didn't say what the obstacle would be. 

But if you are referring to the family situation, not sure what it is, you should not let it affect you. No matter how much worry you have for the situation is not going to change the situation overnight or makes it better... then I recommend you to go run/exercise to get your mind away from the situation. you will realised how much more clearer you would be with the situation or some eureka moments may happen when you are exercising. 

What should you do? As NIKE would say it - Just Do It. :)

Any kind of obstacle, a unlucky situation that comes my way that prevents me from continuing what i was doing to achieve my goal. Like get injuries, no time due to job, family situations etc. Dunno why it happens to me all the time... 

Anyway, im gonna follow you're words and start again. Must not let these obstacle hinder my chance to get fit! :D

what kind of situation makes u stop running? u only need 30mins each day.

does the situation make u stop eating and breathing as well? dont give urself excuse to stop. make it part of ur compulsory routine. even if its some family issue, doing workout will make u less depressing m stress.

Sometimes the obstacle I face demotivates me down to size, and I just give up... But you've made a point. I really should start my workout routine soon. 

tumblr_nx055gZZHw1uc1wv4o1_400.gif

Haha yes it was my appointment in the unit.. btw i was not a store men okay.. i still chiong!!!

Haha, u mean u chiong cookhouse or canteen?! :P

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I was overweight for my height. Went from 64 to 78 within 3 years. Then two years ago, decided to work out more to counteract my couch potato lifestyle, cut my weight down to 69. But then because of some weight training I do, I bulk up again by 4kg and stuck there for like forever.

Looks like it is an impossibility to get back my old weight...

and beside I notice 85% of people (the collection of people I know and saw) by age 25, they grow wide/horizontal: With workout, they gain muscle and without workout, they gain fats.

No matter what they don't shrink to the size I saw when they are in their teens.

Edited by BranLim

I was overweight for my height. Went from 64 to 78 within 3 years. Then two years ago, decided to work out more to counteract my couch potato lifestyle, cut my weight down to 69. But then because of some weight training I do, I bulk up again by 4kg and stuck there for like forever.

Looks like it is an impossibility to get back my old weight...

and beside I notice 85% of people (the collection of people I know and saw) by age 25, they grow wide/horizontal: With workout, they gain muscle and without workout, they gain fats.

No matter what they don't shrink to the size I saw when they are in their teens.

u r wrong. i balloon from 64kg after ORD to 74kg at age 31. 

started to trim down and after 1 yr, im down to 60kg, dropped 14kg. my height is 173cm and im even more slim than before i m enlisted and even sec sch! My weight during sec sch was 63kgs.

u r wrong. i balloon from 64kg after ORD to 74kg at age 31. 

started to trim down and after 1 yr, im down to 60kg, dropped 14kg. my height is 173cm and im even more slim than before i m enlisted and even sec sch! My weight during sec sch was 63kgs.

Nice one.  A counter-example. :) Trim down with diet and work out?

• Guest locked this topic