Male HQ

Burpple: 20 Cafes To Visit!

Dispensary - tried their blueberry cheesecake (would taste better if it was served chilled but overall I would still give a 7.5/10). Love the tranquility on a weekday afternoon.

Wimbly Lu - tried root beer chocolate cake and waffles. I do prefer their waffles to Stranger's. Their cinnamon ice-cream is worth a try.

Stranger's Reunion - if you wanna see cute guys.

If you use your words as a weapon
Then as a weapon, I'll shed no tears

Have you tried their sea salt caramel ice cream?

Eh no, was with my gf (fag hag). She wanted that cinnamon one so cant be helped. :whistle:

Is it dope?

Wimbly Lu's ice cream is really good as well!! I love their ice chocolate.

I should go try more of their chocolate stuffs. :twisted:

If you use your words as a weapon
Then as a weapon, I'll shed no tears

Wimbly Lu's ice cream is really good as well!! I love their ice chocolate, though I prefer D'good cafe as it's cheaper, slightly less thick as Wimbly Lu (though not diluted like those at Coffee Daily and The Plain). 

Anyone likes SPRMRKT??

Best thing abt SPRMRKT is that it opens early. Sometimes when i have an assignment at that area, i'd drop by for some ang moh breakfast. the croissants are lovely and the proprietress is really nice - maybe coz I was the only customer in the early morn.

I've not tried their lunch menu, altho it look pretty balanced with the usual salads and mains.

I've bagged thier brownies to go and they are competent altho not the best. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This Saturday (14th Dec) may be a good time to visit some of the cafes in the Tiong Bahru estate.

In conjunction with an arts and cultural event at the CC, some of the cafes will be participating in a photo giveaway, where visitors and patrons may take home photo prints as souvenirs.  The cafes include :- Po Tea To (eatery and tea menu), Flock Cafe (cakes, pork cheek pasta! and sandwiches), Cafe Pralet (mains and cakes), Kisses Bakery (cupcakes), and The Dispensary (heritage cafe).  While stocks last only!   

Instagram @the_meowprince

Eh no, was with my gf (fag hag). She wanted that cinnamon one so cant be helped. :whistle:

Is it dope?

My friend raved about it when she tried it the other time. Perhaps you can check it out :)

Went for dinner at I am... cafe on Friday. The cheesy meatballs were disappointing - too much oil and it wasn't even served piping hot! The calamaris fared slightly better but I was wary when the serving arrived, just in case it was cold like the meatballs.

My date ordered their fish and chips and he was not impressed. He felt that the batter was overcooked and the fish was not even marinated. I guess he has been spoiled by fish and chips served at other eateries. I, on the other hand, enjoyed my messy jumbo. The 8-inch sausage was divine, served with a special sauce that went really well together. At first it looked like a glorified hot dog but the sauce made all the difference.

I got an entire tub of rainbow cake from them, courtesy of my friends, as my birthday cake previously so I decided to try the rainbow mille crepe instead. I was definitely not disappointed with my choice; the crepe was light and fluffy, melting pretty nice the moment you popped it into your mouth. The chocolate sauce was complementary towards the crepe as opposed to taking the flavour away from it.

If you are thinking of visiting the place, try not to go on the weekends. Pretty packed with the young adults crowd. We waited almost half an hour just to get a table for two.

1488861_10151736859181601_974734390_n.jp

I officially fell in love with Habitat Coffee near my home! Anyone tried the pastas? The breakfast is relatively cheaper but still very filling despite it's obvious small plate.

Habitat.. always crowded. Couldn't get a seat the last time I went. Dropped into Neli's Ice Cream a few doors down which is a pretty chill place... in many sense of the word...

Guest pancakes&waffles

Habitat.. always crowded. Couldn't get a seat the last time I went. Dropped into Neli's Ice Cream a few doors down which is a pretty chill place... in many sense of the word...

Habitat is great! It's pretty crowded because the food is good for the price - like the truffle fries are just eight dollars when most places sell theirs for above ten. It's a little cramped but it's a lot more affordable then cafés like Strangers' Reunion or Jimmy Monkey for similar food quality.

How's Department of Caffeine though? I went in once but it was so packed! I heard about the Buttermilk Waffles but are their mains any good?

• 2 weeks later...

de price sounds reasonable for habitat.

DOC - their banana waffles r still the best, can try their crispy bacon ones too altho its a bit too oily for my liking

hv only tried a few of their mains during weekend brunch  - their salads r rather unique and their pork chop was sinful but nice, just a tad on the ex side tho. And yes, it is waaaaay too crowded on any day.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.