Male HQ

All About Hiv / Aids Discussion + I Suspect I Might Have Hiv Symptoms + Hiv Medication Prep + I Tested Positive (Compiled)

Guest breakboy

Guest kissingcanspreadhiv

Well, the fact is, when u kiss someone, u probably won't know that there are small cuts inside ur mouth, and usually ur kissing partner would also juz ignore the wounds inside his mouth coz he think it isn't dangerous...so, the so-called 'simple kissing' is actually enough to transmit the disease.

Like peck on the lip is ok BUT no tongue inside or with saliva. Yes you may get HIV because sometimes our gums may bleed or the teeth cut the lips during intense kissing... best is to avoid kissing if you don't know who you are kissing. Also if you are HIV positive be automatic don't do this kind of thing.

Usually thse who frequent sauna or fxxk around are the high risk people.

Well, the fact is, when u kiss someone, u probably won't know that there are small cuts inside ur mouth, and usually ur kissing partner would also juz ignore the wounds inside his mouth coz he think it isn't dangerous...so, the so-called 'simple kissing' is actually enough to transmit the disease.

So when was the last time you dared to kiss someone after reading the article?

If you did, did you use protection?

Will you choose to abstain from kissing for the rest of your life until you find a "clean" life partner?

Should we have a campaign against unprotected kissing for all people, male and female, or is kissing transmitted HIV only exclusive to the gay community?

Do the above statements sound extreme to you?

Well, that is the kind of alarm your sweeping statement on kissing can general if you choose to be so general and leave out the details.

Also, someone can get knocked down by a car while crossing the road if they don't look out for traffic. Does that mean all people who cross the road will get knocked down?

"Kinsey says everyone has homosexual tendencies in various degree. YOU'RE ALL GAY!!!" ~ from some kid I overheard in a KFC.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest me thinks

The best persons to give you advice in this case is to visit the Action For Aids anonymous testing clinic around Kerbau road ,

the center has staff who are also gay and gay friendly and not judgemental and always offer a listening ear and provide the best information and knowledge.

They are very knowledgeable because they have counselled thousands of people calling their hotlines and asking seemingly "dumb" questions like is it possible to get HIv if someone HIV positive swim in a public pool or someone hiv postive sneezed and i was on the same bus kind of questions.

Your concerns seem to fit the bill, do an internet search under action for aids singapore and get in contact with the right people to answer your quesions and put you out of your 'misery'. Good luck.

Today i gave a man a handjob, he's semen spill on my hand .. i do not have any cuts or open wound...but i have some dead skins on my finger, but when i press my finger, no blood was flowing out .. please enlighten me.

bwahahaha!!!! 

you should have checked the world wide web first before

firing this question man... and you could have got a more decent answer to your problem... hehehe... anyways, good

luck to you kid... 

Yes it's possible to get hiv because his pubic hair could have cut ur hands. U probably didn't realize because those cuts were very small, but they were enough for the hiv virus to enter ur body through those cuts. And since his semen spilled on ur hand, the risk is getting higher. U may want to contact DSC clinic or other clinic which offer PEP treatment which could prevent u from becoming hiv+, but note that this treatment only works if taken less than 72 hours after exposure. And besides HIV, u're also in risk of contracting syphilis from the same mode of infection, and possibly genital warts and herpes if you touched your genital and mouth after touching his cock. Be sure to test yourself about 3 months after the exposure. All the best.

Yes it's possible to get hiv because his pubic hair could have cut ur hands. U probably didn't realize because those cuts were very small, but they were enough for the hiv virus to enter ur body through those cuts. And since his semen spilled on ur hand, the risk is getting higher. U may want to contact DSC clinic or other clinic which offer PEP treatment which could prevent u from becoming hiv+, but note that this treatment only works if taken less than 72 hours after exposure. And besides HIV, u're also in risk of contracting syphilis from the same mode of infection, and possibly genital warts and herpes if you touched your genital and mouth after touching his cock. Be sure to test yourself about 3 months after the exposure. All the best.

i am very sure i didnt have any cuts or made any with his pubic hair ... he never give me oral or neither did i ... i just give him a handjob and so did him, i wash myself straight after the handjob.

Today i gave a man a handjob, he's semen spill on my hand .. i do not have any cuts or open wound...but i have some dead skins on my finger, but when i press my finger, no blood was flowing out .. please enlighten me.

today a guy gave me a handjob too, haha :D syiok :thumb:

Guest UncleGuest

Handjobs no need to worry lah, can only infect if you have fresh open wounds which allows the virus (assuming he is positive) to enter directly into your blood stream.

Wah lao, if handjob also worry, then i suspect that you're gonna have it tough as a gay in our community. Just play safe and learn to enjoy life a bit :)

Dear iluvGstring,

Do not be paranoid, especially when it comes to HJ. It's good to know you are concern over HIV infection, but please do read up more (for your knowledge and well being). Once you have all these info in your head, then you will be able to enjoy life better.

Guest Worried

Hi, i know i have to do a check but i freak out when doing checks at the clinic. i did the test one time at the DSC clinic. They need my NRIC, and the nurse ask me whether i top or btm which makes me very uneasy. i felt like shit and feel like digging a hole to hid. The reason i did a check is because i had sex with a guy and he found he have a kind of STD after that. He feel that it's his responsibility to inform me and ask me to do a check. So he accompanied me there to do the test. So the results after that was negative and had a relieve.

i am usually TOP and always fxxk with a condom. Always safe sex. Then one day i met a china guy who is 27 but he's still studying in TP. I got curious with him and decided to try BTM role with him. At first when he fxxked me missionary, he did wear a condom. Then after awhile, he changed to doggie. Also got condom. Then i feel he take out his cock for a while and then insert again to continue fxxking. Then after few stroke i feel pain and ask him to take out. Only then i found that he took out the condom without my knowledge.then i was angry and went to the toilet and keep washing my ass with running water. I also use the mouth wash disinfect to wash my hole as well... cause i am scared he got HIV.

Then i ask him why he do that. He say don't worry he's clean and he got no pre-cum. but i am still worried and felt like shit. I continue to keep washing my ass and found my piles broken and keep bleedingthis adds to my worries. If he's clean, then no problem. But if he's infected then i will die. i know after i checked then i will have a piece of mind. But i am really scared of going for such test. The waiting for the results is an emotional suffer. Can anyone help me?

-------Worried---------

Hi, i know i have to do a check but i freak out when doing checks at the clinic. i did the test one time at the DSC clinic. They need my NRIC, and the nurse ask me whether i top or btm which makes me very uneasy. i felt like shit and feel like digging a hole to hid. The reason i did a check is because i had sex with a guy and he found he have a kind of STD after that. He feel that it's his responsibility to inform me and ask me to do a check. So he accompanied me there to do the test. So the results after that was negative and had a relieve.

i am usually TOP and always fxxk with a condom. Always safe sex. Then one day i met a china guy who is 27 but he's still studying in TP. I got curious with him and decided to try BTM role with him. At first when he fxxked me missionary, he did wear a condom. Then after awhile, he changed to doggie. Also got condom. Then i feel he take out his cock for a while and then insert again to continue fxxking. Then after few stroke i feel pain and ask him to take out. Only then i found that he took out the condom without my knowledge.then i was angry and went to the toilet and keep washing my ass with running water. I also use the mouth wash disinfect to wash my hole as well... cause i am scared he got HIV.

Then i ask him why he do that. He say don't worry he's clean and he got no pre-cum. but i am still worried and felt like shit. I continue to keep washing my ass and found my piles broken and keep bleedingthis adds to my worries. If he's clean, then no problem. But if he's infected then i will die. i know after i checked then i will have a piece of mind. But i am really scared of going for such test. The waiting for the results is an emotional suffer. Can anyone help me?

-------Worried---------

you can always ask your friend to accompany you to DSC for a test.

Guest HJexpert

if u hv a cut and the sperm spill on the cut on your hand, the sperm will fertilise your skin and merge into your cell. after a few days, your hand will be red and swollen. after a month, your hand will become itchy. after 3 months, your hands will start to rot and the fingers will fall off one by one. the rotting will continue and in 6 months will infect your internal organs. after 1 year, your probably go blind and u will start to vomit blood, in 9 months time, you will..... and so on and so forth.... blah blah blah....... blah blah blah....... and eventually, u will die within a year.

Guest Reply to Worried

-------Worried---------

You can do a HIV anonymous anti-body test after 2 weeks of exposure. If the result is negative, you can take a confirmatory HIV anonymous test again 3 months after exposure. If it is negative, it means you have no HIV. However, if you are extremely anxious and cannot wait, you can take a HIV viral load test. This can be done anytime after the exposure. If the viral load test shows no virus, then it is confirmed you do not have HIV. But the viral load test is very expensive. Most people take the anonymous anti-body test. If you feel anxious during the 3 month period, can ask the doctor to prescribe some pills to reduce your anxiety.

Worried,

Action for AIDS has an Anonymous Test Site. No need NRIC or names. You can test and it's on the spot - no need to wait in agony. They give you the results almost immediately. Don't be scared. It's over very fast.

http://www.afa.org.sg/anonymous.php

iluvGstring,

If it's not an open cut on your hand, as long as there's no blood-blood/blood-semen/sexual contact, you can't get the virus like that. Dead skin doesn't count as an open wound. Below the dead skin cells there's a layer of new skin.

^ Studies HIV education ^

Edit: HJexpert - what the Hell? lol

Edited by Nanotech

Worried,

Action for AIDS has an Anonymous Test Site. No need NRIC or names. You can test and it's on the spot - no need to wait in agony. They give you the results almost immediately. Don't be scared. It's over very fast.

http://www.afa.org.sg/anonymous.php

iluvGstring,

If it's not an open cut on your hand, as long as there's no blood-blood/blood-semen/sexual contact, you can't get the virus like that. Dead skin doesn't count as an open wound. Below the dead skin cells there's a layer of new skin.

^ Studies HIV education ^

Edit: HJexpert - what the Hell? lol

ok thanks :) Now i'm less worried, tho i'm going for a check at march.

Guest worried

Hi. Recently, For the first time in my life, i did anal sex with a guy i met in the sauna. I took the bottom role and used a condom and i dun tink it broke. And i had done oral sex a few times before but nvr to the extent where it cums in my mouth. shld i be worried abt hiv?

Hey I-no-worry, I'm not worrying anymore. I tested negative after three months, and all my STDs test came back negative :) Not gonna do unprotected oral for strangers again. ^^

Guest Good Advice

Hey I-no-worry, I'm not worrying anymore. I tested negative after three months, and all my STDs test came back negative :) Not gonna do unprotected oral for strangers again. ^^

I suggest that you should abstain from sex and not having to spend your time worrying and going for tests. Anything unexpected can happen even with protected sex.

• 1 month later...
Guest -11th month HIV +-

Hi everyone, I am the "-One month HIV +-", who posted 11mths ago.

I am happy that i am still alive and happily leading my peaceful normal life.

Just to share with everyone, my current CD4 count status is finally over 500 and it's 550 now.

So as to say, my immune system is functioning again with the help of medication.

Time flies, when i still remember last year Apr10, I was diagnosed with HIV+ and my CD4 count is only 299.

Oh yah, the medication per month has drop from SGD$230 to SGD$180 and latest i bought from Thailand was only SGD$150.

It actually give me alot saving of $80 every month, in just a year time.

Lastly, please love yourself more, be responsible and take extra precaution when having sex.

If you are more careful and always practice safer Sex, you will definitely save even more than i do.:)

Take good care everyone! :P Hugz!

Guest 11th month HIV +

does ur lymph nodes swell easily?

Yes. During the time when i have constant 39.5 deg fever and sore throat, my lymph nodes did swelled underneath my armpit area.

It swelled without me realising it, but now its gone after medication.

Guest Guest

The law protects the identity of persons infected with HIV. However, the law requires them to inform their partners of their HIV status before having sex with them.

I've read some stories (eg: in Fridae) of how some people are coping with HIV and I think I would like to help them.

Is there any organization in Singapore that accepts donations or contributions which will be channelled to help HIV+ people? Is it CDC?

The law protects the identity of persons infected with HIV. However, the law requires them to inform their partners of their HIV status before having sex with them.

I've read some stories (eg: in Fridae) of how some people are coping with HIV and I think I would like to help them.

Is there any organization in Singapore that accepts donations or contributions which will be channelled to help HIV+ people? Is it CDC?

http://www.afa.org.sg/donate.php

Guys won't make you happy, they only make you high.

Guest guest

If you are really keen to assist people who are HIV positive, the best direct thing you can do is buy the generic medication (from thailand because they are cheaper) and donate to those having difficulities coping with the cost every month.

God bless you.

Hi everyone, I am the "-One month HIV +-", who posted 11mths ago.

I am happy that i am still alive and happily leading my peaceful normal life.

Just to share with everyone, my current CD4 count status is finally over 500 and it's 550 now.

So as to say, my immune system is functioning again with the help of medication.

Time flies, when i still remember last year Apr10, I was diagnosed with HIV+ and my CD4 count is only 299.

Oh yah, the medication per month has drop from SGD$230 to SGD$180 and latest i bought from Thailand was only SGD$150.

It actually give me alot saving of $80 every month, in just a year time.

Lastly, please love yourself more, be responsible and take extra precaution when having sex.

If you are more careful and always practice safer Sex, you will definitely save even more than i do.:)

Take good care everyone! :P Hugz!

Hi, thanks very much for sharing ur experience.

Did I get it correct that you have never engaged in unprotected anal penetration, but a mere anal rubbing has put you in the risk?

Guest Confusion

Hi. I had only 2 sexual encounters before, 1 being top the other being bottom. Used condoms in both encounters and doubt the condoms broke. But I am worried. Shld I be worried?

Guest Ironrod

Hi. I had only 2 sexual encounters before, 1 being top the other being bottom. Used condoms in both encounters and doubt the condoms broke. But I am worried. Shld I be worried?

Why should u be worried??

But in future why not have sex with somebody u know well and trust then it saves you a lot of wondering.

1. Go to AFA website and get more informed information.

2. Forget about sex with anyone, men or women.

3. Go for a psychiatric evaluation, it could be all in ur mind.

Guest Felix

Sounds like the risk of contracting HIV is low since you have used condoms. If you are unduly worried, you should do a HIV test after 3 months from exposure. For greater peace of mind, you should also take the full test for STD and STI.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anxious

Hi everyone, I would just like to find out how did you cope with the pre-HIV test anxiety during the window period? Would appreciate it if you could share your experience. Thank you.

Guest Guest

if u get it, u get it.

if u don't get it, u don't get it.

even if u get it, there are medication.

irregardless of what u do now, worry, cry, analyze, meditate, sleep, enjoy will not change the outcome.

so take this time to reflect and hope for the best.

Guest Anxious

Yea i do agree prevention is better than cure. It started with prevention (with condom on), but that guy took out his condom and came in me without me knowing.

Guest Guest

Hey anxious,

I understand that before you take your first/third month test, you'll be extremely anxious as to whether or not you are hiv+

I suppose that Guest is right, the time before your first/month test should be well spent into reflecting, hoping for the best and living as per normal :)

Of course it isn't as simple "if you get it, you get it. if you don't, you don't"

The repercussions can be highly intimidating if you are only a teen, or you have a family to account to, etc.

And these "what if" thoughts are extremely terrorizing!

I guess you just have to have faith that things will turn out fine :)

I myself am waiting for my third month test to come. I was tested negative on my first month, and it isn't final!

I can only hope no? You too should just hope for the best! Leave the rest to fate/god (whichever you believe in)

Take care!

Guest Anxious

Hey anxious,

I understand that before you take your first/third month test, you'll be extremely anxious as to whether or not you are hiv+

I suppose that Guest is right, the time before your first/month test should be well spent into reflecting, hoping for the best and living as per normal :)

Of course it isn't as simple "if you get it, you get it. if you don't, you don't"

The repercussions can be highly intimidating if you are only a teen, or you have a family to account to, etc.

And these "what if" thoughts are extremely terrorizing!

I guess you just have to have faith that things will turn out fine :)

I myself am waiting for my third month test to come. I was tested negative on my first month, and it isn't final!

I can only hope no? You too should just hope for the best! Leave the rest to fate/god (whichever you believe in)

Take care!

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I guess all I can do is hope for the best. The person who did this to me gave me his contact information, he claimed that he is clean and wouldn't have volunteered this information if he were positive. The thing that is causing me the most anxiety is that I don't want to be a burden to my family. If I want to try and see the good in this trying period, it would definitely be my increased appreciation for the loved ones around me. I am trying to live life as normal as possible except that I'd be hit by a panic attack a few times a day.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I guess all I can do is hope for the best. The person who did this to me gave me his contact information, he claimed that he is clean and wouldn't have volunteered this information if he were positive. The thing that is causing me the most anxiety is that I don't want to be a burden to my family. If I want to try and see the good in this trying period, it would definitely be my increased appreciation for the loved ones around me. I am trying to live life as normal as possible except that I'd be hit by a panic attack a few times a day.

Dear Anxious, if you need a listening ear, feel free to call Oogachaga on our anonymous hotline

OCMSM 626 86 626

(Tue to Thu 7 to 10pm / Sat 2 to 6pm)

You can also use our email counseling services if you prefer not to speak on the phone, it is at www.oogachaga.com/care

cheers...Bryan

Guest Guest F

The HIV antibody test has a window period of 3 months. So meanwhile if you are overly anxious, the doctor may prescribe you some medicine to help to bring down the level of anxiety, so that you can lead a normal life.

If you are unduly worry, you can take the viral load test, which can be taken any time. I understand that the test would be quite expensive.

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.