Guest artemov

Guest artemov

Anyone into local hawker food?

I am a local food boy ;)

Char Kway Teow : Bedok South, best so far, yummy, was from hill street

Wonton Mee : Give up liao, can only find good ones in MY

Roti Prata: Give up oso, flipping prata is a lost art liao

Beef Kway Teow : Purvis St., yummy, cinchalok with chilli, drool

Hainanese Chicken Rice : Purvis St. Ya Kon not bad, too bad about the chilli, shame shame

Hokkien Mee : TPY one too oily, Tiong Bahru not as good now that the son takes over, Old Airport Rd.?

Any others?

Anyone into local hawker food?

I am a local food boy ;)

Char Kway Teow : Bedok South, best so far, yummy, was from hill street

Wonton Mee : Give up liao, can only find good ones in MY

Roti Prata: Give up oso, flipping prata is a lost art liao

Beef Kway Teow : Purvis St., yummy, cinchalok with chilli, drool

Hainanese Chicken Rice : Purvis St. Ya Kon not bad, too bad about the chilli, shame shame

Hokkien Mee : TPY one too oily, Tiong Bahru not as good now that the son takes over, Old Airport Rd.?

Any others?

You still BOY ah? :D

Prata: Not sure you have tried the one at Thomsom Road near the reservoir....tried once when my fren brought me there....crispy, curry not bad. If you wan to stray away from Jalan Kayu or the NUS one...

Hokkien mee: My all time favourite....tried at Geylang (can't remember the street liao...tink it was 30+ or 40+) and also the one near to Jalan Besar....so far so good. Just had one at Vivo City but dun taste as nice...

Hainanese chicken rice: Definitely one of my regular meal anytime any week but there are so many versions of chicken rice. Have you tried the one at Yishun Central? Near to POSB bank, quite crowded during weekends and patrons come from as far as Pasir Ris. There is also another at a Bishan coffeeshop near to Junction 8 that always had long Qs but had not been able to try yet. Another would be the Kampung chicken rice along Bukit Timah road opp. Bukit Timah shopping centre, not too bad though as I am quite fussy with chicken rice or duck rice....

Harlow Steman,

OMG can you be more specific?

Hokkien mee: My all time favourite....tried at Geylang (can't remember the street liao...tink it was 30+ or 40+) and also the one near to Jalan Besar....so far so good

If this is your all time favourite stall, how come you cannot remember the street number? lorong 30+ and lorong 40+ is a lot of difference you know? The one near to Jalan Besar...equally vague: which part? which road? any landmarks nearby?

Another would be the Kampung chicken rice along Bukit Timah road opp. Bukit Timah shopping centre, not too bad though as I am quite fussy with chicken rice or duck rice....

Are you referring to 5 star chicken rice, located a few shops down from Boon Tiong Kee?

Harlow Steman,

Hokkien mee: My all time favourite....tried at Geylang (can't remember the street liao...tink it was 30+ or 40+) and also the one near to Jalan Besar....so far so good

Hi Chubbylover, I guess I am really quite vague but then again I was referring to the food as my all time favourite, not the stall as I only started liking this food about 10-12yrs ago. :D I cant really remember the stall on the exact street as my friend was the one driving and as you know as passenger most of the time we just follow.... :D Wil try to find out from my friend when he is free.

Enjoy your local food while you can.

I got homesick last Friday in London and ordered at a Singaporean restaurant in London:

- Laksa

- Fried kway teow (with beansprouts)

- Friend carrot cake (white, without chilli).

- 2 Tiger beer.

Total bill = 30 pounds (S$93)

hahaha andy: tot you're not partial to kaikan? what's the name of the other place you mentioned to me?

hmmm... seems that everyone here digs hawker food; guess i must be one of the few oddball singaporeans around; i absolutely have no cravings for it at all...

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Hahahaha, akated, some food you will get in restaurant, but not hawkerm while some food you will get in hawker, but no restaurant :P

Just come back from Lunch at Jalan Besar Hawker Centre. Friend trest me to Turtle soup and Sambal Fried Turtle. Pretty well done :P

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Harlow Steman,

Hi Chubbylover, I guess I am really quite vague but then again I was referring to the food as my all time favourite, not the stall as I only started liking this food about 10-12yrs ago. :D I cant really remember the stall on the exact street as my friend was the one driving and as you know as passenger most of the time we just follow.... :D Wil try to find out from my friend when he is free.

Ok found out but not sure the exact street as my friend cant really remember. Think is Geylang St 27 or somewhere there along the main road....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone read The Sunday Times today? Saw this interesting report about New Singapore Hawkers and saw this interesting stall in Yishun. I have always known that there are pple selling crocodile meat but very rare in Singapore.

Called The Bigrill: Blk 110 Yishun Ring Road #01-401, You N Lai Coffeeshop.

Opens on Monday to Saturday from 4pm to 11pm, Sunday 11am to 11pm.

Sells: Crocodile(hmmmm Buaya?) fillet steak, deep fried quail sandwiches znd steaks.

and a few other stalls in singapore.....can try to log in to the straits times website if they are free to view the picture of the crocodile leg.....haha

Guest fm am

Stumbled across this wonderful fish porride stall along Smith Food Street after coming out of Yclub. The stall is directly opposite- unimaginatively called Tiong Bahru Hua Yuan Fish Porridge- it serves the best 'rice' porridge I have tasted for a long time. Only $3 for a steamingly good eat. Somemore the owner also very nice and polite. Highly recommended. Yesterday when I ordered the porridge, I saw that it was also recommended by Makansutra among others.

I know of a stall of Hokkien Fried Prawn Noodle in Tampines Street 82 block 844.

He uses noodle and thin bee hoon when he fried the prawn noodle. His chilly is superb too! There is ikan billies inside the chilly. The stall used to sell 2.50 for a plate for 10 years in the same coffee shop. The coffee shop had just under-gone a renovation and now one plate is $3.

But I will still eat it, its so nice :P

Anyone try that stall before?

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.