Male HQ

China: Advice For Travel To 九寨沟

lonely

Hi I am thinking of planning a trip there. Anyone has been there and don't mind giving me some advice?

I have never been to China before, this will be my first trip there.

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

Guest Guest

hi

i suggest u make a good trip to shenzhen,china just across hong kong,

shenzhen masage centres if u like masage provides the world's

most unparalled masage service second to nine - probably the

cheapest - 3 hrs masage for only sing sgd 30.00 or probably less

than sgd 30.00 yes for 3 hrs of masage that is 1 hr masage =

only sgd 10.00 (this sgd 30.00 is inclusive of tips to masseur if any)

most maseur uses thumb to masage from head to toe with very

good strength and their masage is so good that u will go back to

there for more masage,

using the thumb to masage is the most difficult and tiring for

the maseur or therapist and yet these china people have

mastered the art/skill.......... oh ya by the way they use

china renminbi (china money - sgd 1.00 about rmb 4.50)........

Is quite a nice place to visit, I was there with my bf a couple of weeks back. I guess you are going for a packaged trip.

A word of advice: Be careful with what you buy!!!!! Buying cheap souveniers from small road side stalls is ok. NEVER NEVER NEVER buy expensive jade, jewels, dzi beads from those HUGE shops that the tour guide bring you to. These shops are cheats. My bf bought a dzi bead which they claimed is "ancient" , but the experts here found that is it a "new" bead, ie: artififial ; fake!!.

Anyway, are you going up emei?

Thanks for the info, guys.

The website is fantastic. Great info.

As for Shenzhen, I am not really a fan of massage. I went for a few massage and all i got is a whole body of pain...

I am not a big fan of jade or tian zhu, but thanks for the advice. :D

Do you mind telling me which package tour you chose? I am probably travelling alone, you figure if it is possible for me to do it on my own? I know going on package tour alone will be expensive.

-Nip/Tuck

Well, went to this tour with Paradiz Holidays. The problem lies with the China tour agency. According to my guide, their tour agency runs almost 95% of all tours in the region, regardless whether u book from ASA, CDC, Chan brothers etc.

For the trip, guess u will have to fly to Chengdu via silkair or CA, then take domestic flight. U can also travel via bus from Chengdu, but u will have to squeeze with the local people who probably need to be taught more about being a civilised person. However, taking a flight has its cons 'cos u end up at > 3000m in an instant and some people may get problems acclimatising to the high altitude. Slow ascend is reccomended in this case.

九寨沟 is very far from shenzhen, so wont be possible to visit 2 together in a trip.

and since this is travel related, i will throw it to Andy's side tongue.gif

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Thanks OB! ;)

Just checked out the link provided by jazz and wow, it is a wonderful place.

A (PLU) china friend of mine told me that people from north china have beautiful skin complexion, even those in their middle ages. loney, if u have the chance to cruise or have any encounter there too. ;)

Well there again, the main thing is the place do have well-conserved nature places. SO, if u do go, take many many pics okie? :)

• 1 month later...

Haha, just came across this site today. I was in Chengdu/Jiu Zai Gou from 6 Aug to 13 Aug. Wonderful place. Food in Chengdu is good and cheap. JZG is wonderful, but the bus journey one-way is 10 hours.

I book the hotel in Chengdu via internet (with a tour agent in Chengdu。。。四川成都新旅程旅行社有限公司), and when I got to Chengdu, book the bus ticket to JZG from the agent as well. Lots of info in the net Si chuan Tour or try write to trip@163.com (小李)。

Just wanted to put a post here so that others in the future can refer to it.

http://www.57go.com/

BB: i amended the link- there was a script error. A@T

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

Thanks man, going there is one of my objective next year. But I heard from my Chinese colleagues from Chengdu that it is not cheap in Chengdu, are you just refering to the food?

-Nip/Tuck

Haha, yeah, the bus ride was an ordeal....but I went with a friend I met in Tokyo recently, and so it was a good opportunity to talk and learn about each other.

Food in Chengdu is cheap and good by Singaporean standard, and if you are comfortable eating at roadside stalls, that could be even cheaper.

Next year, I plan to go Yunnan, or maybe XinJiang.

Andy-san - are you in the travel business?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.