Male HQ

Bw Supports Pinkdot 2014

HendryTan

Guest guest

Yap... Ignore those 2 who trying to find trouble with us... They can behave in that manners, but we should not, if not we are no differences from those two.

Enjoy the annual get together and celebrate the freedom to love. We are not doing anything against the law.  NO ONE has the right to stop people from doing what they believe in, of cos their belief must not be against the law, race or religion.

Those two can believe in their own religion but they HAVE NO RIGHT to force others to follow in what  they believe and say because Singapore is build base on regardless of race, language or religion..

Who knows this yr turnout will be much more because of the publicity of the 2 person. 

I wont be able to turn up for the event cos need to work :unsure:  :unsure:  but will wear pink polo that day to support the event.   :P

To add on : i am really disgusted when reading an article that Mr Kong had wreot to his fellow pastors, particularly the sentence in  serial 6 of the article that i have bold  -  "We must let our government know that, in allowing the Pink Dot Event to continue without restraint, they are more than tolerating the gay agenda. They are bordering on endorsing and emboldening the LGBT claim to gay rights. We must continue writing private letters to our Ministers. But we have come to the point where the Pink Dot Event is getting so unashamedly public and loud with their agenda that we can no longer just rely on private communication. "

Earlier he challenge the MOM's decision and now he wants to pressure the Minister to make decision in the way he wants.....

Hi Guys! Shameless plug here:

PinkDot 2014 with Young Out Here!

As an LGBTQ youth living in Singapore, we are plagued with lots of questions and more often than not, these questions do not come with straight answers (pun intended). With so many questions flitting through your mind, one rises above all: Whom do you get your answers from?

Aiming to fill that gap, Young Out Here (YOH) presents “Connecting Voices: Your Questions, Your Answers”, a platform that facilitates the exchange of thoughts and perspectives amongst the queer community in Singapore.

Whether it’s for family, for friends, for love or just for yourself, join YOH at PinkDot on 28th June 2014 for a community inclusive Q&A, where if you don't have a question, you might just have the answer!

P.S.: YOH has got some pleasant surprises in store for participants! Visit the our website (young-out-here.com) to find out more, and follow us on Instagram (@youngouthere).

P.P.S.: Should you wish to volunteer for us during PinkDot, we welcome you to sign up here at http://bit.ly/1yLRXs5.

Are we suppose to bring food or?.

Bring smiles. Loads of them. Give away freely. 

d131194d46f8c6f8bdcd20cf160af6f1.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Omg..like so awkward!! Don't even know anyone there

Which is why you need to attend to get to know them.  Most importantly, know who you are and stop living in denial.

Pinkdot2014_3days.png

1. NO EXCUSE of not attending because you have no companion, attend with the BW folks.

http:///forum/index.php?/calendar/event/-pink-dot-2014-bw-gathering/

Click on the above Link/Icons and indicate you are attending on the next screen.

2. You can also see who is going with this group by checking the above link and click "See All".

3. The "Deal" is ON as > 15 has signed up. All still can sign up.

Okay I'll wear white xp

it is never what you wear that matters, it is what your support that does.

Bring yourself, bring love, bring a jovial attitude, head down there to enjoy a good afternoon and evening.

Past PinkDot, there are stalls that distribute free food and drinks, Not too sure whether will there be this year. Go with an open mind and join in the celebration. 

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

1. As the pink torches and pink cellophanes that are been given out are limited in supply, here's a friendly link on how to make one you can bring to the event this saturday!

http://pinkdot.sg/making-your-own-pink-lights/

pink-lights-illustration.png?resize=910%

2. I have sent a personal message to everyone who has RSVP-ed on the calendar, let me know if you indicated that you are going but did not receive my message.

For those who have not signed up, you still can! Click on the above calendar icon and indicate you are attending on the next screen.

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

Guest BO JI

I believe many gay people will attend. I believe gay people got more JI (Seeds) than straight people. If you got more JI in you, go alone or with crowds will not bother you at all.  Just go, and show these extremist relgion bodies that you have more seeds than them. Vincent has came out to defend us at the expense of his childhood story, Roy has came out at the expense of being sued left, right and center by PM,  Alex has came out at the expense of being sued by AGC, every gay have to some extend did our part for the straight people.  It is time to do our part for ourselves - by attending pinkdot. Is that so difficult and annoying to you that you kept sitting on the fence wondering how to get there, what to wear and what to do?  If you can find your way to clubs and sauna, standing at the public toilet for minutes to hours while taking in all the shits, why not attend pinkdot 2014 to regain your dignity.

See how proud, brave and dignified these people are?

Hahahaha....will people like spontaneously make friends with you or even pick u up?.

Maybe tht will happen when u r super cute n hunky. :P

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Silly

I'm a blur blur when it comes to locating a place so anyone meeting up at a specific place?.

Re-read this thread to find your answer.

Just like the unofficial public referendum in Hong Kong where the participation rate exceeded expectation 6 folds, I believe and trust that this year, the crowd will hit a new record high... with the LGBTQ community and our friends attending in full force.. not forgetting the many international observers and those who "opposed" our sexual preference...

It would be interesting to see whether the police will be there to maintain LAW ....Last year, the underpass towards Hong Lim Park was so crowded but we, the participants were so co-operative and everything was in control.  

For the very young boys who is still deep in the closet (without  parent's knowledge), I understand your predicament.

- if you don't have a pink clothing item, just wear any light-coloured clothes...you can always paste a PINK DOT sticker/decal on your T-shirt.... It is the spirit that counts...  You may also want to go to a $2 shop and get anything PINK... they stock tons of useful PINK items - from kitchenware to stationery.. surely your parents won't question you why you have a PINK FOLDER ..

Pinkdot2014_2days.png

TWO More Days to Pinkdot.

1. NO EXCUSE of not attending because you have no companion, attend with the BW folks.

Click on the above Link/Icons and indicate you are attending on the next screen.

2. You can also see who is going with this group by checking the above link and click "See All".

I going. But alone cos none if my friends jio me along n they have their own clique to attend to. :( then last yr end up like a bystander in pink but nvr participate cos feel awkward on my own.. anyone can let me tag along?

All people deserve to live with dignity and respect, free from fear and violence, and protected against discrimination, regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation.

I going. But alone cos none if my friends jio me along n they have their own clique to attend to. :( then last yr end up like a bystander in pink but nvr participate cos feel awkward on my own.. anyone can let me tag along?

Join the BW folks to go together. Make NEW Friends there.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/police-issue-public-advisory-keep-the-peace-pink-dot-eve

Police issue public advisory to 'keep the peace' at Pink Dot event

Published on Jun 26, 2014 11:13 PM

Some of the participants of the Pink Dot mass picnic event held on June 29, 2013. The police on June 26, 2014, issued an advisory to the public ahead of this Saturday's Pink Dot event, urging attendees to "keep the peace" and reminding organisers to steer clear of race and religion.

By Nur Asyiqin Mohamad Salleh

SINGAPORE - The police on Thursday issued an advisory to the public ahead of this Saturday's Pink Dot event, urging attendees to "keep the peace" and reminding organisers to steer clear of race and religion.

This is the first time the authorities have done so in the five years since the pro-gay event was first held, and comes as the event organisers have taken the unprecedented move of deploying security personnel to manage crowds and potential "unruly behaviour".

These moves have come as some Muslim and Christian groups have called on people to join a "Wear White" campaign against Pink Dot and homosexuality, raising the prospect of a protest at the event itself.

However, on Thursday night, the people behind the Wear White campaign told its supporters to stay away.

Guest Wearing pink

@Groyn88 - Bit ironic really, as the most vociferous and antagonistic have been the religious groups! What's so wrong with Peace, Love and Understanding?!

Guest Pink Hairy Spider.

My heart is racing, my fainting smell is mildly felt. My anxiety kept be fully awake. All these symptoms are sign of me in earness of looking forward to PINKDOT 2014.  Everyone will be watching. The publicity has been greatly felt across every spectrum of our society (thanks to anti-gay bashing),

Let's paint the town PINK on Saturday and show those religious craps how mighty we are.

I'm attending for sure again this year , but I'll prolly be alone since my friend's busy and everyone else either already have a date or don't want to attend .

How are we gonna know whose from BW again ?

For the confident ones who choose to attend alone, guess what? You are not alone at Pinkdot as we all attend for similar reason and I believe those of us in groups/alone will readily give you lots of warm smiles and greetings... i.e. if you are not looking into your smart phone all the time :-)

I'm attending for sure again this year , but I'll prolly be alone since my friend's busy and everyone else either already have a date or don't want to attend .

How are we gonna know whose from BW again ?

a. Bern will co-ordinate a meetup nearby so BW folks can meetup and go together.

For those who have signed-up, watch up for a PM from Bern about meetup details. PM him if you have NOT receive it.

b. It will be quite difficult to find people once in HongLimPark.

However there are quite a few well-known forum personalities going together, so you may still be able to spot them.

c. For those still sitting on the fence,Sign-up and go in a group with the BW folks to celebrate #FreedomToLove. #PinkDotSG.

a. Bern will co-ordinate a meetup nearby so BW folks can meetup and go together.

For those who have signed-up, watch up for a PM from Bern about meetup details. PM him if you have NOT receive it.

b. It will be quite difficult to find people once in HongLimPark.

However there are quite a few well-known forum personalities going together, so you may still be able to spot them.

c. For those still sitting on the fence,Sign-up and go in a group with the BW folks to celebrate #FreedomtoLove. #Pinkdot2014.

I've RSPV'd so we'll see (:

For the confident ones who choose to attend alone, guess what? You are not alone at Pinkdot as we all attend for similar reason and I believe those of us in groups/alone will readily give you lots of warm smiles and greetings... i.e. if you are not looking into your smart phone all the time :-)

I pretty much always am either alone or with a friend or two , for the past few years . I feel like everyone there is pretty warm and inviting with smiles , but not so much that they'll come up to say hi and start being friends .

Inviting all BW forum members to the Oogachaga booth at the Community Tent to pick up the following FREEBIES!!!!

[whilst stocks last, first-come-first-served]

1. 同类 [Tong Lei] Singapore's FIRST collection of gay men's fictional short stories, written in Chinese.

2. What's Out Here LGBTQ-friendly Community Resources in Singapore (2014 edition, featuring a pink cover)

3. I'm Thankful For.......... write down what you're grateful for in your life, and Instagram it!

Hope to see you there at Hong Lim Park from 5pm onwards!!!

10478691_764053056978409_213472802232257

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

Have a great time guys... Would love to go, but, it's not time for me to break out just yet... But soon... Really soon...

Aw ! We have straight allies supporting too , no need to out yourself for PD !

Guest Those were the days...

Every year counts. We do not know when the govt is going to stop such event completely.  So guys, treasure every moment that is given to us now.  We can't guarantee what will happen next year, the year after next. Singapore is a very backward country, at least mentality, socially and politically. The recent verbal wars between LGBT and religous group is testament to the challenge for us.  Come to pinkdot and give it the full shot like it will be the last because we never know what the landscape will be like in future.  Just like ford Road/Plaza Singapura was defaced and never the same before.

• Guest locked this topic