Male HQ

Travel On A Shoestring

erection day

I was mildly surprised when I totalled up my spending on my last BKK trip and discovered that I actually made a dent of almost $1000 in my pocket. That's minus the hotel & flight expenses. Looking back, sometimes I wonder where my money went. So if I add it all up, total spending is about $1600. Not so cheap for a short nearby holiday eh. How do I go on a holiday on a shoestring and still enjoy ah?

I was there for 6 days. I guess a fair bit of money went to few massage services. :D Also went to Pantip Plaza and got some 'friendly' software. The DVD software not cheap- about 250bhts per piece. I suppose some of the spenting was attributed to frequent visit to few restaurants. Sometimes when you are on holiday, you tend to be more lax with the money.

6 days $1600 is not too bad, adds up to about $160 a day minus travel and accomodation. It will probably be more expensive if you have the holiday some place else.

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

Accomodation takes up a big percentage in the travelling expenses. We pay for something that we seldom use during the day.

So it is wise to find out cheaper accomodation

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest short time
Accomodation takes up a big percentage in the travelling expenses.  We pay for something that we seldom use during the day. 

So it is wise to find out cheaper accomodation

right, check out the numerous guest houses. some around 500bahts/day aren't bad at all.

:rolleyes:

BKK is really no longer the value it used to be. Hotels ~ $60-90 a night. Airfares ~ $200+. Food, unless you eat in Bh20-30 hawker stores, can be expensive.

Massages + barboys ~ $100-$200 depending how many you off at one time.

Funny thing is the rest of Thailand isn't as bad. Pattaya is gross like hell and just as expensive but try Chiang Mai or Krabi. Or if you meet a nice Issan farmer boy, go visit his family up in Nong Khai... dirt cheap there!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.