Male HQ

Yahoo Photo Closing - Where To Migrate

oralb

if you are using Yahoo photo, they will be closing in Sept, due to their recent accquire of Flickr.com

they offered a few options to migrate to other photo sites and i have narrowed to 3, namely Flickr, Photobucket or Shuttlefly

still deciding where to go, flickr is good for sharing but only smaller size of the image can be access while photobucket is good for hosting.

anyone using the above mentioned sites, any advices?

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

[some kaypoh work here :D ]

OB, while I was replying to a member's problem in another thread, found the following that might answer part of your 'search':

SunDevil wrote on June 13, 2007:

My preference will definitely be Flickr because of it's stability and superior functionalities. There are quite a lot of things that you can do in Flickr now that you can't do in Zooomr.

For instance, you can download a small uploading tool called Uploadr from Flickr which allows you to batch upload all your files with a few clicks. Believe me, if you have thousands of files to upload, this neat little tool is a Godsent! ;)

Flickr has got a very user-friendly interface..and also some cool photo organization tools. You can create unlimited amount of album sets and tag all your photos for easy search and retrieval later.

Zooomr is still a very new site...so stability is a concern. I'm only using it to store some pics that I have in Flickr as a secondary backup.

My only grouse with Flickr is that I have to pay 30 bucks/year for unlimited storage. But, hey, if those pics are really important to you, I say, "it's money well-spent!" :)

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

thanks iku...

i was thinking of moving to Flickr until i saw the fine print on the free account

"Only smaller (resized) images accessible (though the originals are saved in case you upgrade later)"

as i am looking for a hosting account, was thinking of photobucket

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Monkie

I was a member of yahoo and affected by their closing. Yahoo offered a few options for their members such as snapfish, photobucket and flickr.

You just need to choose one of the option and Yahoo would migrate all your photos there within hours.

I chose Photo Bucket.

I have used Flickr and their basic membership is not so good. Their photos can be viewed at various sizes but they would only show 200 photos at any time. That means if you upload 300 photos, they would only showcase 200 of the latest pic.

Guest Monkie

Oh ya...for Flickr free account, you can only create 3 sets. And the cost is US$25 for a year of unlimited storage. Then you can have unlimited sets and unlimited sizes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.