Male HQ

Where Can I Find A Good Date? (compiled)

smileyman

red_dates.jpg

Try the Chinese medical halls near Kwam Im Thong Hood Che Temple at Bugis for some good and decent dates.

Thanks for making me laugh! 

My favourite is

Cassandra-Gift-Boxes_Rectangular-Medium.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

As a corollary to the thread on "where did you find your boyfriend", may I ask where can I find good and decent dates? Nothing personal, just feel free to share and exchange pointers...

Here, probably. Good luck!

If you're lucky, the less sleazy profiles on Grindr and Jack'd, especially those that are hardly ever online (of course, YOU'D have to be online regularly to know this :P), can surprise you.

Otherwise, normal social encounters and events? And hope your gaydar works well and the other guy is not overly discreet. And YOU are not overly discreet.

I personally met a nice guy at a sauna. It was his first time. So...don't discount anything!

It's all about perceptions sometimes. Like if you meet someone in the sauna, you begin to ask yourself why is he there in the first place?

Rather, if you meet the right guy. Will the guy be willing to mend his ways? this kind of stuff sometimes trouble me. It's not so simple like you just post on a school forum or somewhere more normal.

If you're lucky, the less sleazy profiles on Grindr and Jack'd, especially those that are hardly ever online (of course, YOU'D have to be online regularly to know this :P), can surprise you.

Otherwise, normal social encounters and events? And hope your gaydar works well and the other guy is not overly discreet. And YOU are not overly discreet.

I personally met a nice guy at a sauna. It was his first time. So...don't discount anything!

.. good and decent dates? Nothing personal ,...

red_dates.jpg

Try the Chinese medical halls near Kwan Im Thong Hood Che Temple at Bugis for some good and decent dates.

Combined 1 and 2, where you get Are You Guys Okay With Dating Someone Who's Dating A Lot At The Same Time?, the result is Why I No Longer Want To Be Gay.

Simply, while it is healthy to indulge at good and decent dates, they should be eaten in moderation to avoid bloating. Three to five are usually enough for one day.  Avoiding good and decent dates, however, it can lead to Now I Know Why My Friend Still Single For So Long...

Ooops, lame me!

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

My favourite is

Cassandra-Gift-Boxes_Rectangular-Medium.

Wah! Love those dates! Put them erotically into your mouth, enjoy their oddly crinkly smoothness, savour the juiciness when you gently bite down, suck out all the flavour . . .  :thumb:

http://www.oogachaga.com/gaymendatingguide

http://www.oogachaga.com/congregaytion/news/detail/127/Where-to-Find-Your-Guys

I personally find the 2 above resources very helpful. It's such a shame many are unaware of them.

Don't read blindly, though. Guides are guides, not instruction manuals.

Personally, I'd cross out apps and sites like Grindr, Trevy, or whatever. Not to mention places like clubs and saunas. You don't need me to tell you why.

All the best. Stay true to yourself always. :)

Another question? Ok so if someone sounds funny on words but in real life not so much. So would I rather have a virtual date or physical real date? No keyboard warriors for me :-X

Don't be so quick to dismiss keyboard warriors. Some people need more time to open up to others, or that their brand of humor is dry and biting so it takes a while for them to decide if they should go full snark on you.

Another question? Ok so if someone sounds funny on words but in real life not so much. So would I rather have a virtual date or physical real date? No keyboard warriors for me :-X

That depends on what you want for the future.

Some people have virtual relationships for years without bothering to meet at all in person.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

http://www.oogachaga.com/gaymendatingguide

http://www.oogachaga.com/congregaytion/news/detail/127/Where-to-Find-Your-Guys

I personally find the 2 above resources very helpful. It's such a shame many are unaware of them.

Don't read blindly, though. Guides are guides, not instruction manuals.

Personally, I'd cross out apps and sites like Grindr, Trevy, or whatever. Not to mention places like clubs and saunas. You don't need me to tell you why.

All the best. Stay true to yourself always. :)

I need to download some file?

Don't be so quick to dismiss keyboard warriors. Some people need more time to open up to others, or that their brand of humor is dry and biting so it takes a while for them to decide if they should go full snark on you.

That is also a possibility but I sometimes don't understand. Is it because you hide behind some veil so it somehow give you more confidence to say things which you normally wouldn't in public?

That is also a possibility but I sometimes don't understand. Is it because you hide behind some veil so it somehow give you more confidence to say things which you normally wouldn't in public?

That is one reason. Some people are just naturally awkward/quiet irl. There are people who have brilliant thoughts that comes out as rambling if they don't have time to gather their thoughts.

I sometimes don't understand. Is it because you hide behind some veil so it somehow give you more confidence to say things which you normally wouldn't in public?

I think thats absolutely correct. The internet has made it much easier for gay guys to meet up. But it also breeds anonymity. Meeting someone in a chat room or a social networking site is not really meeting a fleshed-out person. Its more like a quick meet with someone u dont know in a sauna coz its usually just one keyboard meeting another keyboard. Totally impersonal, yet almost instantly u form a mental image of the person behind that keyboard. Is it real? Is what u read true, partly true, partly fake? U dont know. U just know its easier to open ur thoughts to another keyboard than it is to another person.

When u meet someone socially in a bar or wherever, there r certain social conventions most guys follow. It can be a bit like a slow tango as u start to size them up n get to know them a little. Then u will start to lose ur initial shyness, relax, b a bit more open, become more confident n perhaps say more of what u really want to say.

If u r not yet confident about going out to somewhere like a bar or joining a gym etc. to meet people, I suggest u try to steer internet chats more toward a general meeting up for coffee, drink etc. Yes. many guys only want sex, but there will be some looking for friendship - or will at least say that. I think the more u interact with others, the more confident u will become n the easier u will find it to say what u really want to say.

That is one reason. Some people are just naturally awkward/quiet irl. There are people who have brilliant thoughts that comes out as rambling if they don't have time to gather their thoughts.

I sometimes have this issue too cos I tend to think faster than I can write or talk. However it don't really bother me that much cos I didnt want to appear as too deliberate.

I think thats absolutely correct. The internoet has made it much easier for gay guys to meet up. But it also breeds anonymity. Meeting someone in a chat room or a social networking site is not really meeting a fleshed-out person. Its more like a quick meet with someone u dont know in a sauna coz its usually just one keyboard meeting another keyboard. Totally impersonal, yet almost instantly u form a mental image of the person behind that keyboard. Is it real? Is what u read true, partly true, partly fake? U dont know. U just know its easier to open ur thoughts to another keyboard than it is to another person.

When u meet someone socially in a bar or wherever, there r certain social conventions most guys follow. It can be a bit like a slow tango as u start to size them up n get to know them a little. Then u will start to lose ur initial shyness, relax, b a bit more open, become more confident n perhaps say more of what u really want to say.

If u r not yet confident about going out to somewhere like a bar or joining a gym etc. to meet people, I suggest u try to steer internet chats more toward a general meeting up for coffee, drink etc. Yes. many guys only want sex, but there will be some looking for friendship - or will at least say that. I think the more u interact with others, the more confident u will become n the easier u will find it to say what u really want to say.

You are right. However have you encountered situations where you didn't mean what you typed out but due to a moment of folly, typed out things which may offend people?

troll max. lol

Hanor but I don't understand why he has to go all the way to Bugis just to buy dates. I surely dot mean this kind of dates cos I don't really like the taste. Too sweet.

It's a pdf and it's completely safe.

It's Oogachaga, OP. It's not some random site.

Orh. Will download soon! :)

One can meet nice decent people where many would think it is impossible.

Two of my few boyfriends I met at gay saunas.

The last one is living with me now.

I have my own proof of the above, haha.  

I am not sleazy, promiscuous, abominable (at least I think I'm not). Yet I go to gay saunas and enjoy myself.

I find it very comical when people at a gay sauna say:  "you don't find here people who are worth a relationship"

And yet THEY are there!   What a way to insult themselves!  

I agreed with you Steve5380. I found my bf in the dark maze of a sauna. It was fated to be there. We been together for a few years now and we are in love since then.Well we still visit the place for we have no elsewhere to do for intimacies and lovemaking. Well at times we do get intrusion from some roaming hands but we politely avoid them. lolxx

have you encountered situations where you didn't mean what you typed out but due to a moment of folly, typed out things which may offend people?

Sorry this reply is late. The answer is a qualified yes. There r some people who started chatting to me who I did not enjoy chatting with - or did not want to continue chats for some reason. Usually I tried to be polite n say I was busy or something. A couple of times guys got rude n I was rude back. Then I realised thats just stupid. It means little - but its unnecessary n it made me feel bad. So after that Id just said something like "U hv a nice day too" n click off.

.. lead me to where I should be.

In going with the flow, there are two things that you need to ask yourself:

1.  What are you (specifically) looking for?  aka, what do you want?

2.  Where are you now 'in the flow'? At the back, centre or front?

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

In going with the flow, there are two things that you need to ask yourself:

1. What are you (specifically) looking for? aka, what do you want?

2. Where are you now 'in the flow'? At the back, centre or front?

I also asked these, but still haven't got answer, how?

Thanks for your inputs guys. As of now I will just allow fate to lead me to where I should be.

Well well...  passivity is not a good answer either.

There is nothing wrong with actively pursuing your goals.

And failures are opportunities for growth.

It can be useful to think of unpredictability when things are not going the expected way.

Then, instead of blaming yourself, you realize that luck is also part of the process.

But it is not good to believe in predestination.  "It had to be" is... nonsense!

"It had to be" is... nonsense!

I like what is said - just as much (as in NLP) that Que Sera, Sera is for those who can commit but lack the conviction.

I just wanna find someone and live in recluse. Please enlighten me masters.

And I am sure the day will come :)

Meanwhile, with such a desired imprint in your Wants, just live.  Events/Opportunities will happen when you least expected.

Oh, and don't be wrong - I am definitely not "enlighten me masters" guy.

While I cannot totally wipe out the notion that you need to keep a lookout for a good date, I believe the other side of the spectrum is true that you need to earn one as well. Many a time, we always tend to set expectations of what our ideal date should be. For example, we may want the person to be outspoken, confident, handsome, fit, etc. 

The known fact is that birds of the same feather flock together. The question now is that do you possess the characteristics as well to be able to attract such an ideal date?

While I cannot totally wipe out the notion that you need to keep a lookout for a good date, I believe the other side of the spectrum is true that you need to earn one as well. Many a time, we always tend to set expectations of what our ideal date should be. For example, we may want the person to be outspoken, confident, handsome, fit, etc.

The known fact is that birds of the same feather flock together. The question now is that do you possess the characteristics as well to be able to attract such an ideal date?

This really goes without saying...and brings is to the question of compatibility. I am a strong believer that everyone will have some sort of strength in which his partner don't have and admire him for. In a sense, both parties will be able to share experiences and grow together.

I don't believe in one sided relationships when a party puts in more effort than the other be usage this is toxic and strains the relationship. Furthermore love shouldn't be a game of attraction like what some may contend to be. It's a journey of mutual appreciation. Therefore when you mentioned the traits (which I may or may not possess due to different perspectives) use for "attracting" other guys, it made me think of another question. Then does the guy think that he possess the correct traits to attract an "ideal date" like me? LOL ok just saying... Btw I just woke up from a nightmare. Gg back to sleep...

Guest Grocery Store

may I ask where can I find good and decent dates? Nothing personal, just feel free to share and exchange pointers...

If you can't find any decent dates, I suggest you go for the Nuts instead, there is no lack here. ;)

• G_M changed the title to Where Can I Find A Good Date? (compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic