Male HQ

Ok, I'm Going To Say It: I Love Pasta Mania !

Pastamania doesn't serve any good pastas, sadly. 

If you can't fly, run. 

If you can't run, walk. 

If you can't walk, then crawl. 

But, whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. 

erm. the owners are quite homophobic. i stopped eating there.

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$80 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

• 2 weeks later...

You guys realise that the company that produces the pasta which PastaMania uses is quite anti-gay, right? By eating at PM, do you realise that you're actually supporting their right to hate on you? Which is why I'd rather not eat there, and not to be a spoilsport but I can suggest finding another place that doesn't use Barilla pasta. There's plenty of restaurants that have just as well - if not better - pasta and stuff that is either from an allied company or is made in-house. 

I know that there'll be a few of you that would say that there are places that might be probably as anti-gay and stuff, and I'll agree with you. But consider that there's a difference between holding an opinion and expressing it in the open. Just like I'd just as well not say anything about this, I am doing so because I feel that, opinion or not, I'm passing on information for you to do as you will with it. Cheers!

How sure are you that everything you eat, their producer/company is not anti-gay ?
Even the veg. rice from coffee-shop also might be anti-gay... If the chef is ?
Why even mix good food with that ideology ? just like why you wanna mix a bowl of tasty fishball noodles with politics ?

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

I used to work at PastaMania.

My understanding is that with the menu revamp, barilla pasta is no longer used. Some of the prices have also gone up and substitution may be done at additional costs.

They are trying to push their "premium pasta range" which is more expensive and takes longer to cook

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pasta Barilla homophobic

so what homophobic shit have they done?

This one for Pasta Barilla where its CEO told gays to not eat his Brilla Pasta.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/pasta-barilla-boycotted-after-ceos

Pasta Barilla boycotted after CEO’s ‘homophobic’ remarks

09/26/13 03:14 PM—UPDATED 10/03/13 04:55 AM

By Nick Ramsey

Gay rights groups are boycotting Pasta Barilla after the company’s CEO, Guido Barilla, said Wednesday on an Italian radio show, “I would never do an advert with a homosexual family.” Barilla went on to say that his company’s gay customers could go elsewhere if they didn’t like his stance.

“If they like our pasta and our message they will eat it; if they don’t like it then they will not eat it, and they will eat another brand,” he said.

After Barilla’s comments on Wednesday, Italian LGBT groups were calling for a boycott of the company—which includes 20 brands. His statements came as Italian legislators are attempting to pass legislation against homophobic crimes.

“We accept the invitation from the Barilla owner to not eat his pasta,” said Aurelio Mancuso, head of the LGBT rights group Equality Italia.

Alessandro Zan, an openly gay member of Italy’s parliament tweeted, “You can’t mess around with consumers, including gay ones.” Zan called on other members of the Italian legislature to join the boycott, which protesters are sharing on Twitter under the hashtag #BoicottaBarilla.

In response to the outcry, Barilla issued an apology of sorts.

“I apologize if my words generated misunderstandings or arguments, or if they offended the sensibilities of some people,” he said. The statement also said Barilla was trying to explain the company’s view that “the woman plays a central role in the family.”

The pasta boss made the anti-LGBT comments while he was answering a question about the stereotypical image of women in Italian advertisements. Barilla said that the company’s advertisements featured “the concept of the sacred family.”

“Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role,” Barilla said.

I LOVE Algio Olio :)

Maybe we can get a few dudes and go there and eat and ENJOY :D

Me too!

But I like only the prawn version.

And I found that Pizza Hut's is better than PM. :/

That's why I go Pizza Hut, not to eat pizza, but pasta. xD

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.