Male HQ

Can You Swim?

ouat1972

5 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Why not. You mean those so called "want to learn swim" is actually hoping for a good hot session with sexy swimming instructor after "swimming lesson" ah?! :P

Agreed... I'm just offering help too. I've long given up on trying to get back a six pack, got to travel with work and eat late....it's almost impossible to visit the gym. That is why I try and swim when and where can. Trunks and googles easier to pack...less bulky then  pair of running shoes. It's my preference lah.

okay lah guys, we talk about a swimming session niah. How about we make it happen...who is game next week 30th March 2016 evening? Time and venue to be confirmed. Whose up for it? Either way, I'll be swimming. 

21 hours ago, Shinhao said:

Ryk, got a question...just checking you can swim free yah cos flip turn is  used for it. Open turn for breast. 

Yes I can swim free. But not fast. 

What is a good time for folks for the 30th?

Erm... How many ppl actually feel like swimming or improving their strokes?

A BW member has volunteered the use of his condo pool...if there are more than 5 of us maybe not such a good idea. Say, where abouts do you guys live? FF at Fusion might be an idea or anyone got a better suggestions?

1 hour ago, Shinhao said:

FF at Fusion might be an idea or anyone got a better suggestions?

Question is can all of us access the pool at fusion ? 

I am not everyone here is a member of FF.

If anyone wanna hitch on my membership to gain access, I am all welcome.

7 hours ago, Dwyane said:

Don't be surprised. Someone wanted to take up classes with me that include "minor" naughty fun. :o

I have been teaching swimming for awhile, I don't mind giving pointers and exchanging tips with others. Someone mentioned starting a line group? PM me your line ID and I'll add you into the group, so we don't spam this topic with advertisements.

haha especially if the guy teaching is an hottie. Haha i agree XD

• 2 months later...
On 8 October, 2015 at 0:58 AM, firefight said:

i think most people who cant swim freestyle for long is due to the legs being tired out from successive moving. unlike breaststroke, where you draw circles with your legs,freestyle is like piakpiakpiakpiak so it gets tiring quicker. i learnt the freestyle myself by swimming the width of the middle pool until i was comfortable.... so yeah.

Actually it's best that we are able to swim for extended period of time instead of using the length of a pool as a guide. 

7 hours ago, ouat1972 said:

Actually it's best that we are able to swim for extended period of time instead of using the length of a pool as a guide. 

you start from one width, to 2x, to 1 length and build from there...

9 hours ago, firefight said:

you start from one width, to 2x, to 1 length and build from there...

Agree. For most people, we do not have natural water instinct. So we need a lot of practice in water and must be very patient to see some good results and improvement. Proper form goes a long way. 加油, everyone. 

I like swimming, I kind of self-learnt. Never really went for any lessons. But I like to watch swimming as a sport (and no not just for eye candy lol) and over time, just pick up some things here and there. I could swim breaststroke from young. Then a couple of years ago I decided to try and learn to do freestyle. Found it very tiring. Still do but I think I have improved a lot from when I first started.